Deceased/Not Found IN - Najah Ferrell, 30, Avon, Hendricks County, 15 March 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's a bit of a summary:

She was going to her 3rd day of work at the Panera located at W86 & I-465.
Her items were found in a construction zone located at I-65 and LaFayette Rd. A construction worker found them and brought them to a trooper who was doing security work for the zone.
Her car, found 2.5 miles E of Panera, was sealed and transported to Avon.
There have been 30 search warrants: her Avon home, her vehicle, electronic records.
There have been 40 interviews, including the school corporation.
They have retrieved video from 12 locations.
The SAR dogs were out as the interview was being done.
They have no timeline for how long the items & car were at the found locations.
They are not locking into any one theory at this time.
There are no persons of interest or suspects at this time; everyone is cooperating.
Her disappearance is considered suspicious but could be anything between a medical incident to foul play.
There's been a delay in accessing her electronic data and her phone has not been found.
They are asking that anyone with even the least bit on info to call it in.

Here's a bit of a summary:

She was going to her 3rd day of work at the Panera located at W86 & I-465.
Her items were found in a construction zone located at I-65 and LaFayette Rd. A construction worker found them and brought them to a trooper who was doing security work for the zone.
Her car, found 2.5 miles E of Panera, was sealed and transported to Avon.
There have been 30 search warrants: her Avon home, her vehicle, electronic records.
There have been 40 interviews, including the school corporation.
They have retrieved video from 12 locations.
The SAR dogs were out as the interview was being done.
They have no timeline for how long the items & car were at the found locations.
They are not locking into any one theory at this time.
There are no persons of interest or suspects at this time; everyone is cooperating.
Her disappearance is considered suspicious but could be anything between a medical incident to foul play.
There's been a delay in accessing her electronic data and her phone has not been found.
They are asking that anyone with even the least bit on info to call it in.
Thank you so much for summarizing that for us! :)

MAR 28, 2019
‘We were like best friends’: Mother, police plead for information in case of missing Avon woman
[...]

Ferrell has three foster children and two biological children. She had just started a job at Panera before her disappearance. Her family said she would never leave them willingly. Her mother, Paula Gholsen, described Najah as her best friend.

“I love my child and I tried to teach her to love others the same way,” Gholsen said. “She was a giving, giving young lady. We were like best friends. She would tell me sometimes and tease and say, ‘Mom, you’re my best friend. Darn, my mother [is] my best friend.’ But that’s okay. That’s a good thing.”

She said she appreciated the amount of work the Avon Police Department has done so far.

“The Avon Police Department has just been phenomenal in what they do,” Gholsen said. “Det. Nugent assured me that he will do this case as though it was his own family member, and that set me at peace with that.”

Seeds of Life, a foster care organization, is offering a $2,500 reward for information leading to Ferrell’s return or whereabouts. Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-TIPS.

[...]

MAR 27, UPDATED MAR 28, 2019
https://www.wthr.com/article/avon-community-gathers-pray-clues-case-missing-woman
[...]

Ferrell's family believes a break in this case is going to come at any moment. A break that will bring Najah home safely. They went to church to pray for just that.

In the place where Najah worships every week, her church family surrounded her family with love and support, praying for Najah's safe return.

"Prayer's not the last resort, it's the only resort," Pastor Russell Hylton told hundreds gathered at Bethel Family Worship Center. "We believe God that you can bring her home to us safe."

[...]

"I just want to say that I love everyone and I know that my child will come home," said Paula Gholson.

Pastor Hylton talked about her work at the church.

"What I love about Najah is that she is a giver and that she gives continuously, always showing up on our Thursday night food pantry outreach ministry, serving, helping, extending her hand to be the hand of God," said Hylton.

Now it's Najah's family hoping someone extends a hand with information that helps police find their mother, daughter, niece and friend.

[...]

MAR 28, 2019
'Somebody knows something': Avon mom missing for almost 2 weeks, police say
[...]

The morning of March 15, Ferrell was supposed to arrive at the Panera Bread restaurant on West 86th Street near Interstate 465 and Zionsville Road for her third day of orientation, said Brian Nugent, deputy chief of investigations for the Avon Police Department.

But employees indicated she never showed up, Nugent said at a press conference Thursday.

[...]

Since then, a search has been underway for the 30-year-old mother of five. Police have filed more than 30 search warrants and have conducted about 40 interviews with family, friends and people in the area where she was last seen, authorities said.

“(We’re) trying to understand the big picture,” Nugent said. “That’s our goal.”

[...]

He said police consider the disappearance of Ferrell, who cares for three foster children and two biological children, suspicious.

"I think anyone that leaves their family for an extended period of time, we would call that suspicious," he said.

Police have not named a person-of-interest or suspect. But Nugent says police believe "somebody knows something" and pleaded with anyone who has information to "come forward and help bring Najah home."

[...]

YES!!! I live in Hendricks County and Avon has a wonderful LE. The press conference was by far one of the most professional and heartfelt that I have ever seen.

I'm local and we think highly of our LE. I thought Deputy Chief Nugent gave a really sincere press conference.

For those who have never seen Avon PD FB:

Avon Indiana Police Department

This case really strikes a chord in me. :( How sad. Her belongings strewn on the side of the road are particularly concerning. Very interested to see what happens with this case. I hope and pray for a happy ending. She seems like a lovely woman! A foster parent, loved by her community and blessed with great family and many, many loved ones. I honestly have no idea what to think with this case other than whatever happened does not seem voluntary whatsoever (IMO). Hoping for a break in this case and her safe return.

On a more positive note: I watched the PC and I must say I’m very impressed with this particular Police Department! They seem very dedicated to this case, thorough, and supportive to her loved ones.

May she return home safe to her beloved family and friends.

Just now heard of this case. So she has been missing for two weeks already do I have that correct?

She lives in Avon but Indy police were first contacted and days later contacted Avon?

It was her fiance that last saw her but it was CPS/foster services that contacted Indy Police a few days later that she was missing? Do I have that correct?

I want to say to those that live there that I agree, this press conference and Nugent was as impressive as I have ever seen. He seems down to earth, caring and very well informed and determined.

They may not be locked into a theory but I am already leaning in a certain direction although that may change.

My heart broke for her mother and her children.

MAR 29, 2019
https://nypost.com/2019/03/29/cops-make-plea-in-search-for-missing-mom-somebody-knows-something/
[...]

“We’re convinced, this family is convinced, this community is convinced also, somebody knows something,” Nugent said Thursday. “So we are pleading to the public, that if you are that somebody who thinks they may know something … to help bring Najah home.”

Ferrell’s mother, Paula, also gave an emotional plea for help.

“I just urge anybody, if you have any information, if you hear anything, please call,” she said through tears. “I wouldn’t want any mother to ever, ever deal with anything like this.”

[...]

MAR 28, 2019
‘I miss her and she should be here’: Mother, police appeal for information in case of missing Avon woman
[...]

On the investigative side of the case, Nugent said detectives were tracking down leads and developing new information. Indiana State Police are helping in the search and the Federal Bureau of Investigation has volunteered its resources. Investigators were especially interested in any odd behavior or activity anyone noticed near the areas where her property and car were found.

“Somebody knows something,” Nugent said. “So we are pleading to the public, that if you are that somebody who thinks they may know something, you do not have to have an absolute understanding of the information that you have. You don’t have to be 100 percent accurate on what your thoughts or assumptions can be. That is the responsibility of law enforcement and our detectives.”

[...]

They were foster parents and have 2 biological kids. This breaks my heart worse. They are kind, selfless people it seems. Where could she be... her being carjacked and the car dumped, personal items dumped as the lowlife walks away into the brush via a construction site?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back