IN - New Albany: Mother, two children found dead in creek

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found this new article very interesting, snippets from article below. Full article at link posted. Article written after news of GJ being convened.

I don't understand how she managed to drown herself in such little water, with no drugs in her system wouldn't ones survival instinct kick in? Now we learn Jamie did have scratches and bruises.

I know this area very well as I worked at the Country Club in my college years adjoining this creek. These sadly are not the first bodies to be found here. Does it sit well with anyone that this very religious woman chose to be naked after a murder/suicide (as reported), to be found that way by a stranger? I reside in a too close for comfort vicinity to this creek, I hope the husband and our community get answers on this mysterious tragedy.

As reported:
I don't mind saying I'm still confused on this one," said Knable.

It's a case unlike anything she has worked on.

Jamie Clutter, 35, and her two children, 10-year-old Brandon and 6-month-old Katelyn, were found naked and dead in a creek.

Initially, the prosecutor's office said the children drowned.

"I think we're going to have to backtrack a bit, and I don't think we're going to have a definitive cause of death on any of the three family members," said Knable.

At first, investigators said it was possible this was a murder-suicide, something they reiterated Wednesday.

Knable said she informally ran the scenario by a national drowning expert.

"She said, statistically, the chance this mother did this is almost zero. Of course there's a first time for everything," said Knable.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...9897516/-/11xq3taz/-/index.html#ixzz2WGixQSmW

Makes me shudder to think that if I had ever suffered depression and turned up dead under suspicious circumstances that it would be written off as suicide so casually!

Can anyone post a link to the information reported about what the neighbor saw them wearing that morning, please? Also I cannot find report on the status of the location of infant seat possibly positioned in a tree, was this documented by ME report or LE?
Thanks! I will keep searching too, this one is just not adding up, to me.

Can anyone post a link to the information reported about what the neighbor saw them wearing that morning, please? Also I cannot find report on the status of the location of infant seat possibly positioned in a tree, was this documented by ME report or LE?
Thanks! I will keep searching too, this one is just not adding up, to me.

One MSM article falsely reported that it was a infant seat when in fact it was a infant sling. IMO, the most informative information came from the presser that Henderson gave. I will see if I can go back and find it for you. Some of the answers to your questions should be in the presser.

It will be interesting how the Grand Jury finds- and whether its findings will be made public.

I am getting a blank video (and a headache) for the video of the press conference.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130315/NEWS01/303150079

Maybe someone else will have better luck. Sorry :(

Thanks for you efforts, BL! I did some looking back here also and every link I tried was also no longer available, so no luck in helping Allycharmer.

However, most of those articles were posted and quoted as much as possible so the information is on here if you go back a few pages. I'll keep looking also maybe for an updated article.

BTW, Welcome to WS and our thread, Allycharmer!

It will be interesting how the Grand Jury finds- and whether its findings will be made public.

His office has begun sending subpoenas to investigators, witnesses, Floyd County Coroner Leslie Knable and medical examiners who performed the autopsies. The grand jury will hear testimony to help reach some conclusions in the case, Henderson said.

“My objective for this is that all angles be thoroughly reviewed,” he said, adding that the community needs to be “satisfied that everything is aired out.”

Henderson said it’s unclear now whether the grand jury would uncover new information, but it’s likely that if no indictments are returned, Henderson said, his office would produce a report of the findings.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20130613/NEWS02/306130050/?nclick_check=1

Since the purpose of the GJ is to reassure the community that everything has been looked at, I think his report will be made public.

I hope they make it public....and I hope common sense prevails. This highly religious woman did NOT strip herself naked for the world to see (and her children) and then drown her children and herself in that shallow shallow water. There is a monster on the loose.

Thanks for you efforts, BL! I did some looking back here also and every link I tried was also no longer available, so no luck in helping Allycharmer.

However, most of those articles were posted and quoted as much as possible so the information is on here if you go back a few pages. I'll keep looking also maybe for an updated article.

BTW, Welcome to WS and our thread, Allycharmer!

Thank you BL and Reader! I did read back through the posted articles and saw the correction from carrier to swing in the tree. I am still thinking this area of the creek would be too shallow for a drowning, self-imposed at that. I am watching and reading the local news for updates and answers to our many questions. Thanks for the warm welcome also! It feels like an intelligent family minus the drama when I visit. :blushing:

http://www.therepublic.com/view/story/1202dfc7db3a4ab29e7cdd1dfe9349fd/IN--Indiana-Creek-Bodies

June 14, 2013

"New Albany Police Chief Sherri Knight said Jaime Clutter had talked about her family being stalked by "demonic presences."

It's still very curious about who is claiming Jaime talked to them. And, why can't this person or people come forward or at the least why is it that LE doesn't even give a clue as to how they are connected to Jaime? Is it LE only who is giving out this info?

Knight said that investigators didn't know whether Clutter committed suicide or drowned by accident, noting that hypothermia was a significant contributing factor in her death.

Sooo.... one theory is that she drowned the children on purpose but then accidentally died due to having hypothermia and falling face down in the creek before dying?

Floyd Co., Ind. grand jury to discuss Clutter deaths

http://www.whas11.com/news/indiana/Floyd-Co-grand-jury-to-discuss-Clutter-deaths--212856341.html

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (WHAS11) -- A Floyd County grand jury will meet, Tuesday, to discuss evidence in the deaths of a mother and her two children in Southern Indiana..........

The Kentucky State Medical Examiner, New Albany Police and New Albany Mayor Jeff Gahan are all expected to testify.

Does not say much but at least it is still happening...

I wonder if New Albany Greater Faith Church pastor J. Todd Nichols is expected to testify.

Floyd Co., Ind. grand jury to discuss Clutter deaths

http://www.whas11.com/news/indiana/Floyd-Co-grand-jury-to-discuss-Clutter-deaths--212856341.html

NEW ALBANY, Ind. (WHAS11) -- A Floyd County grand jury will meet, Tuesday, to discuss evidence in the deaths of a mother and her two children in Southern Indiana..........

The Kentucky State Medical Examiner, New Albany Police and New Albany Mayor Jeff Gahan are all expected to testify.

Does not say much but at least it is still happening...

"Will Meet Tuesday" - as in the day the article was posted (June 25th)?

Why is the mayor testifying? Is that who she allegedly spoke to that AM? Is that who talked about how strange she sounded, but who didn't call the husband or LE or CPS? Who saw the children inadequately dressed in the cold weather, but did nothing?

“This is the first time in my 15 years as a prosecutor and my 101⁄2 years here that the investigators were ordered not to talk to the prosecutor’s [office] concerning their investigation,” Henderson said, “and those questions are going to be asked as well — what is there about this case that caused them not to communicate with my office?”

The grand jury is expected to last several days and possibly into next week.

According the prosecutor’s office, witnesses expected to be called during the proceedings include the Kentucky medical examiner, members of the New Albany Police Department and Mayor Jeff Gahan.
http://newsandtribune.com/local/x331664906/Floyd-County-Prosecutor-convenes-grand-jury

BBM - Why would they do that?

Knight said based on the investigation, “mental illness was the underlying cause of these tragic events,” and that no charges will be filed.

Somehow, I didn't think that decision rested with the police?

I think the Mayor might be called just to cover the lack of communications aspect, but I don't know.

Is the mayor a member of 'the church'? Maybe he is protecting someone? He is in charge of the local police and could have ordered them not to discuss with Henderson's office? Did he not want the case to really be looked at too closely. This makes me wonder about a lot things and why LE tried to close the case and not involve the DA.

So far, I feel pretty sure Henderson will get to the bottom of it. This mother and children deserve no less than the truth be known about their deaths.

Defense attorney: Use of grand jury in case is odd

http://www.wave3.com/story/22717084/defense-attorney-use-of-grand-jury-in-case-is-odd

Updated: Jun 28, 2013 7:55 PM EDT
By Janelle MacDonald - bio | email

NEW ALBANY, IN (WAVE) - The deaths of a New Albany mother and her two children has been unusual from the start. Police concluded she drowned the children and then somehow drowned herself in March.

A Floyd County grand jury started investigating this week, despite police saying in May that they knew how Jaime, 35, Brandon, 10, and Katelyn Clutter, 6 months, died. It indicates that there's a rift growing between police and prosecutors in New Albany.

[PREVIOUS STORY: Police to release new information in Clutter family deaths]

Friday, a subpoena arrived at WAVE 3 asking to hear what police told us they'd concluded in a May 17 news conference. The prosecutor's office and New Albany police department are just a few hundred yards away from each other........more at link.......

Thanks Reader... this is VERY strange that a PD would seem so uncooperative with the DA. And, to me, it just looks like their investigation was either sloppy or way too slim or both. Of course, we also have to wonder if they are covering up something or protecting someone to be acting this strange (basically belligerent) in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back