GUILTY IN - Owen Collins, 3, Bluffton, 17 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Omg, what the heck is considered "felony abuse of a corpse"? I knew little Owen wasn't missing, but I don't think I'll be prepared for the details of this case.

Omg, what the heck is considered "felony abuse of a corpse"? I knew little Owen wasn't missing, but I don't think I'll be prepared for the details of this case.

Abuse of a corpse can just mean burying the body or dumping it somewhere, but I'm not sure if those would be a felony, or if there had to be more to it. MOO

"mutilate a corpse" ---- oh gosh! if that was the case.. poor poor boy.

i did read that he got into meth, and overdosed. I read that on the news link in the comments, so im not sure what truth there is in that.

I hope not Lulu, but that crossed my mind as well. :cry:

Yet 1 of the comments on ZB's pg is from someone who identifies himself as being the father and he sticks up for the mom and blames ZB

I saw that too, he's definitely blaming ZB (at the moment anyway)
The bio-dads girlfriend also has a page. To be honest they all sound completely mad to me.... the truth will out and it won't be pretty

"mutilate a corpse" ---- oh gosh! if that was the case.. poor poor boy.

There had been a comment on ZB's profile pic from a girl who'd claimed to know what had happened in detail. It was along these lines, and I pray it was just a rumor. She has since deleted the comment herself so not to upset his daughter who is his fb friend.

There alos was another comment about what was found during the autopsy of a sexual nature I am hoping that was someone speculating and not the truth.

A few snippets of info from http://wane.com/2015/01/18/search-for-missing-toddler-in-bluffton/

*Police said someone called the Wells County Sheriff’s Department asking officers to check on people in a home in the 500 block of Normandy Drive, which is in Mobile Manor. The caller appeared to know someone in the home and said he “wasn’t acting right.” [believed to be brother Joey]

*Police spoke to Zachary Barnes and an unidentified 16-year-old in Mobile Manor, who they say eventually led them to a wooded area in rural Wells County. Bluffton Police Chief Nathan Huss said the two admitted that Owen was dead when they took his body to the woods.

*The spot where the body was found is more than 10 miles away from the mobile home on Normandy Drive, where police believe the child died.

*Police found materials used to make meth in the Normandy Drive Home, as a sign placed on the home’s front door on Monday indicates

Someone here said early one they seemed to be meth heads from the FB ramblings. Speaking of which there are some truly horrific rumours going on over at ZB fb page. Urgh.

Omg, this is so horrible. I usually try not to look at the cases involving kids under 10 for this reason. I want to throw up.

poor baby didn't stand a chance in this world.His birth father gave up on him,didn't even try to fight for him,has no photos of his own son on his fb page as neither the **** mother, I'm so disgusted, as I read the bashing on the boyfriends page I too think ,lil Owen was dead at least a few days before they found him, not just that day from the guilty poems he wrote, In my heart I believe he got into w/e meth substance was still laying around and they found him dead....How could they? I just can't swallow this,my whole body is shaking and I can't calm down.This makes me sick,then go on reading and someone mentioned they tried to burn his body!!?? before burying him so very sad.

"The footprints leading back to where Owen's body was hidden have yet to melt away. About 75 yards off of 500 W. in Wells County - the spot which appears badly burned cannot hide the gruesome moments which likely followed the blonde haired, blue eyed, 3-year old's death." http://www.21alive.com/home/Body-Fo...fton-Toddler-289005581.html?llsms=1089991&c=y

I'd guess this is where the "abuse of a corpse" charge comes in? :(

I'm saddened to say that I'm even shocked at the outcome. Has my mine really become this conditioned to not only accept but expect this?? What a terrible thought!

As for meth overdose....well I wonder what a child's actions/behaviors, etc. would be if they had meth? Would they be wound up? Or would they collapse into a coma? I truly don't know.

But to think it was OK or normal or whatever to not call for 911, or seek medical attention 'if' it was due to Owen taking meth...well I just don't understand. Too worry about their own lives than the life of Owen, that's for sure. I pray his brother is far away from the whole disfunction he endured. I pray he'll have a chance at life, at becoming a productive member of society, of wanting more, and working hard, and loving himself. I pray....it's all I know I can do...

As for that Zachary Barnes....I don't know how meth users act, or think, etc., but some of his postings remind me a mental illness. Then there's one that he doesn't have feelings? Doesn't know how it feels to feels? Ummm.. scary. Why these females would want anything to do with that... I don't know...not for me... then again... I'm not manufactoring meth...so doubtful any of them would be interested in me either..

Little Owen....so many little Owens in this world...robbed of a their lives before ever having a chance. Seems like born into situations that rarely they are able to survive. And the cycle continues... I just don't understand..

WOMEN.... FEMALES... value the life of your own, and the ones you bring into this world. It's tough enough trying to make it without love and support. If you can't offer them those two important elements to survive, please give them to another family that can. If you can't separate the partying times, from the parenting times....please give them to someone that can. If you can't love yourself, you can't love someone else. So stop bringing innocent lives into the mix!

Lord, I'm tired of babies dying. I'm tired of the ones given the honor of protecting these precious lives turning into the ones that take their lives. Please make it all stop!!!

Autopsy results awaited in 3-year-old’s death
bluffton-mug-shots-e1421702641205.jpg

smh.

http://wishtv.com/2015/01/19/body-found-believed-to-be-missing-3-year-old/

As for meth overdose....well I wonder what a child's actions/behaviors, etc. would be if they had meth? Would they be wound up? Or would they collapse into a coma? I truly don't know!!!

It would depend on the amount, ADHD meds have amphetamines in them and have a calming effect on those with ADHD, on those who don't have it it helps them focus and stay awake for days sometimes.

The amount it would take to cause one to OD, I'm hoping would just make you fall asleep (please, for little ones sake) I don't know though either.

what a disgrace. they show looks of not even caring. her look just disgusts me. I just hate this, as im the mother of a 4 year old boy. I will never understand how some mothers can do such harm. When I first held my son, I knew from that moment on, I would do anything and everything to always protect him and keep him safe- no matter the circumstances.

drugs are so bad. I wish CPS had different methods in doing things and maybe some lives could be saved.

oh sweet Owen. I hope youre dancing with the angels precious boy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back