GUILTY IN - Owen Collins, 3, Bluffton, 17 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The mugshot of the 'mother' is truly disgusting!! She looks almost put out, like she is p'd off this is interrupting her usual activities! Not one shred of evidence that she has shed a tear for her poor baby boy.

May you rest in peace, Owen - Safe with the angels now. xox

Autopsy results awaited in 3-year-old’s death
bluffton-mug-shots-e1421702641205.jpg

smh.

http://wishtv.com/2015/01/19/body-found-believed-to-be-missing-3-year-old/

Their eyes just look so empty.

That poor, poor baby that had to live with them. My heart just breaks, especially having my own children at the same age. A child this age is so innocent.

I can still see both fb pages

live and learn. I hadn't logged in to FB. When I logged in, the pages were there! I have MISSED OUT on sooooooooooooo many facebook pages because of that!

When you and wantjustice both said you could see the pages, I tried again, still no pages, then, having a lightbulb moment, I logged in to FB, and there they were, after all. (I don't do much facebook, obviously.)

:blushing::blushing::blushing:

Now, the question is, do I really want to read what those low-lifes say? Pictures are bad enough already, imo.

My God, look at that smirk on her face. .

She's so used to the selfie-head tossed sideways-duck-lips pose that she just couldn't help herself, even for her mugshot photo. SMH. :facepalm:

Hopefully her next "glamour shot" will be in prison stripes.

(MOO but I just have to say that ZB's rantings remind me SO much of AL in the Beverly Carter case)

Interestingly enough, neither of them (mom or live-in BF) look like long time meth users. Odds are, they likely weren't.

That said, it doesn't matter how long they used/cooked/sold. What matters is, Ms. Meth obviously became #1 in their lives, over and above anything else, including all responsibilities and that includes the health and welfare of children. Usually the way it works out.

I haven't seen anything in the msm that suggests little Owen got ahold of any of their stash or OD'd or anything like that. The only place I've seen that, is speculation and rumor on FB pages. I suppose it's possible that is what happened, I just haven't seen that in the msm articles at all.

Just as an aside, I always see questions in cases like this such as "how could she do that, how could she get involved with this drug?! when she has children!?" Well, it's a legit question with a very twisted, legit answer. Crystal meth, crank, meth, whatever it's called these days (and it's called different things in different places) has this horrible ability to do a lot of things, such as:

- boost energy levels
- make the user feel strong, powerful, in charge
- suppress appetite & cause weight loss

For a young mom, who feels exhausted, overweight after having kids, unappealing, tired, etc., this is like the magic cure-all. Suddenly she's FULL of energy, the house is clean, the hubby/boyfriend is taken care of in the bedroom, and she's feeling like Super Mama. The biggest problem with it though, is that it's all a lie. It's all temporary and eventually she goes from Super Mama to Super Creepy Mom. Meth robs her of her healthy complexion and suddenly she looks like a perpetual Chicken Pox sufferer. The house cleaning binges she once went on, now are replaced with picking things off her face that she thinks are there - even if they're not. Those bedroom adventures are then replaced with more and more perverted ideas she's willing to entertain to keep boyfriend/hubby happy. The downward spiral is quick, and before she even has time to think about it, she's trapped in it. She lost that baby/preggo fat but now she looks like a POW camp survivor, but she doesn't see herself that way. Even the religious and/or philosophical ideas and beliefs she once held to, she twists and turns and thinks of them in different ways than she once did. She honestly doesn't think she's endangering her kids, she thinks she's a better, smarter, more attuned mom. She doesn't realize meth has turned her into a certifiable head-case.

Meth is one of the most insidious, invasive, deceptive, horrific drugs anyone can ever ingest into themselves. It literally changes *everything* about you. I'm not making ANY excuses about moms who use meth, I'm just being 100% honest about what it does, from my experience as a young mom who was around all KINDS of young moms who were using it, and who STOPPED using it. And sadly, some moms who didn't stop. It's all 100% your choice. It's not as if it shows up and forces you to use.

Just a few thoughts from someone who's been there. MOO.

According to this MSM article the dad thinks Owen got into the stash but nothing confirmed by LE.

"He's a meth dealer. That's all he is is just a meth cooker. I think my son got a hold of a bag of his dope that was in her house."

The thing is, that makes me doubt the whole, "3 year old got into meth stash" is meth basically tastes like battery acid. It's foul. I couldn't even get my three year old to eat green beans. It doesn't taste like candy. It's disgusting, check a list of ingredients. After a quick taste, a child would be wiping their tongue off. It's not like a kid got into antifreeze, (sweet), or pot brownies or something. Meth doesn't look like, or is packaged like something delicious.
I'm just not buying that a child got into something, that apparently is the livelihood, and consumed enough to kill him. I DO believe the perps would use that story. Then, it's "an accident" and they "panicked", rather then the poor baby was beat to death.

JMHO.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

The thing is, that makes me doubt the whole, "3 year old got into meth stash" is meth basically tastes like battery acid. It's foul. I couldn't even get my three year old to eat green beans. It doesn't taste like candy. It's disgusting, check a list of ingredients. After a quick taste, a child would be wiping their tongue off. It's not like a kid got into antifreeze, (sweet), or pot brownies or something. Meth doesn't look like, or is packaged like something delicious.
I'm just not buying that a child got into something, that apparently is the livelihood, and consumed enough to kill him. I DO believe the perps would use that story. Then, it's "an accident" and they "panicked", rather then the poor baby was beat to death.

JMHO.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I totally agree. And meth makes users very violent, aggressive and impulsive. And ANGRY. Very reactive. How annoying would a 3 yr old be to some meth heads that just wanted to be high and party on. That pesky toddler would want food and warmth. It would be pretty easy to imagine the meth heads losing their tempers and smacking the poor child one time too many... :cry:

Want to share this very descriptive article relating to the dangers to children living in meth labs.

Dangers to Children Living at Meth Labs

A child living at a clandestine methamphetamine laboratory is exposed to immediate dangers and to the ongoing effects of chemical contamination. In addition, the child may be subjected to fires and explosions, abuse and neglect, a hazardous lifestyle (including the presence of firearms), social problems, and other risks.

Please read further http://ojp.gov/ovc/publications/bulletins/children/pg5.html

Their FB pages disappeared pretty fast. Before I found this thread. So, just from reading posts on here, y'all seem to feel that something was done to little Owen to harm him, and that he didn't just wander out of the house on his own and get lost in woods. ?

Did the man who had the disagreement with Owen's dad go to police and tell them that the dad was doing something illegal? Not connected with Owen? And neighbors called for the wellness check?

Poor little Owen, he was doomed from birth, wasn't he... imo

bbm

That's what I've been thinking, too. Living with seemingly irresponsible parents/caregivers. His days were numbered, seems to me. Did he have anyone he could look to for comfort and caring? I wonder if any grandparents were close by? Prolly not since g-parents have not been mentioned as far as I can tell.

I would also like to know more about Owen's autism -- when diagnosed and was he on medicine for it.. This is not the first case we have seen here on WS where a young little boy was said to be autistic.

It would depend on the amount, ADHD meds have amphetamines in them and have a calming effect on those with ADHD, on those who don't have it it helps them focus and stay awake for days sometimes.

The amount it would take to cause one to OD, I'm hoping would just make you fall asleep (please, for little ones sake) I don't know though either.
I have to correct you here--ADHD stimulant meds like Ritalin do not have amphetamines in them. The chemical compound is called methylphenidate, and yes, it's a chemical cousin--but you have to remember that "cousin" is far enough away to make a big difference, like the difference between wine and wood alcohol or sodium chloride and potassium chloride. I have ADHD and take extended-release methylphenidate, and the effect it has on me is very much like drinking a cup of coffee every three or four hours, except that it doesn't make me physically jittery the way coffee would. Because I also have autism, it helps me with transitions--that is, stopping and starting activities, moving from one thing to another--because it gives me a little more control over what I'm focusing my attention on. It's a useful tool in my kit for coping with life in a neurotypical world.

Even someone abusing methylphenidate--like, for example, a college student taking it as a study enhancer while cramming for finals (that's the most common type of abuse where Ritalin is concerned)--would get an effect more similar to coffee than to methamphetamines. Methylphenidate also doesn't create tolerance or addiction--there are no withdrawal symptoms; in fact, I can stop taking it on the weekends if I like, or take it only on the days when I go to class. You could probably get psychologically addicted (the type of thing where you feel like you can't function without it even though you aren't physically addicted), but you can get psychologically addicted to *advertiser censored* or gambling much the same way and they aren't chemicals at all.

I know it's off topic, but I really think it needs to be said because there are so many people out there with ADHD who are really struggling and who aren't living up to their potential, and who are scared of taking meds because they're afraid it will turn them into a drug addict. It can help--it can give you enough of an edge to start making progress. And it is NOT the same thing as doing meth.

I have to correct you here--ADHD stimulant meds like Ritalin do not have amphetamines in them. The chemical compound is called methylphenidate, and yes, it's a chemical cousin--but you have to remember that "cousin" is far enough away to make a big difference, like the difference between wine and wood alcohol or sodium chloride and potassium chloride. I have ADHD and take extended-release methylphenidate, and the effect it has on me is very much like drinking a cup of coffee every three or four hours, except that it doesn't make me physically jittery the way coffee would. Because I also have autism, it helps me with transitions--that is, stopping and starting activities, moving from one thing to another--because it gives me a little more control over what I'm focusing my attention on. It's a useful tool in my kit for coping with life in a neurotypical world.

Even someone abusing methylphenidate--like, for example, a college student taking it as a study enhancer while cramming for finals (that's the most common type of abuse where Ritalin is concerned)--would get an effect more similar to coffee than to methamphetamines. Methylphenidate also doesn't create tolerance or addiction--there are no withdrawal symptoms; in fact, I can stop taking it on the weekends if I like, or take it only on the days when I go to class. You could probably get psychologically addicted (the type of thing where you feel like you can't function without it even though you aren't physically addicted), but you can get psychologically addicted to *advertiser censored* or gambling much the same way and they aren't chemicals at all.

I know it's off topic, but I really think it needs to be said because there are so many people out there with ADHD who are really struggling and who aren't living up to their potential, and who are scared of taking meds because they're afraid it will turn them into a drug addict. It can help--it can give you enough of an edge to start making progress. And it is NOT the same thing as doing meth.

Totally agree, not even close to the same thing as doing meth. I still disagree with you on the other part though. I also have ADHD and take XR meds. Mine is adderall which actually says amphetamine salts on the bottle. I know different drugs have different formulas. Mine makes me super calm and I sleep about 10 hours a night as opposed to only 4-5 when off meds. Anyone who isn't sure about wether to medicate for it should try it for a month, I have had amazing results and wish I would have diagnosed sooner. There are also non-stimulant options for those that are worried.

According to this MSM article the dad thinks Owen got into the stash but nothing confirmed by LE.

This statement from the bio dad in this article really has me seething!! If he KNEW the boyfriend was a "meth cooker" why in the name of God didn't he do something to get little Owen out of that household??? Another statement in that article that has me reeling is the neighbors saying they could hear the boyfriend screaming at the kids a block away, yet THEY didn't report anything?? These people in Owen's life are just as responsible for doing nothing to protect this sweet little boy!!!! IMO of course!! I'm just so angry right now!!!! :tantrum:

This statement from the bio dad in this article really has me seething!! If he KNEW the boyfriend was a "meth cooker" why in the name of God didn't he do something to get little Owen out of that household??? Another statement in that article that has me reeling is the neighbors saying they could hear the boyfriend screaming at the kids a block away, yet THEY didn't report anything?? These people in Owen's life are just as responsible for doing nothing to protect this sweet little boy!!!! IMO of course!! I'm just so angry right now!!!! :tantrum:

I felt the same way when I read that slowbutsteady :gaah:

I was infuriated to see the neighbor on the news saying she had heard the way that the boyfriend yelled at Owen. I swear, our nation has become conditioned to trauma, drama, and chaos. Few are the people who recognize dysfunction because we are all like frogs in the proverbial boiling water. Who listens to a child be verbally abused like that and not consider that the child is being, or eventually will be, physically abused, also! Nothing but pure laziness kept the neighbor from notifying child protective services. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's my opinion.

I've been reading all the many comments on Zach Barnes FB page.

Just so, so very disturbing on so many levels. Poor baby didn't even have a chance at life, did he?

edit to add: And God forbid, something like this ever happens in my family, I hope I have the sense to get off social media. Amazing the stuff people put out there for the world to read. Just amazing.

Court documents released this afternoon say the boyfriend admitted to putting "dope in their bottles and watching them have fun."

*******s.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim