GUILTY IN - Owen Collins, 3, Bluffton, 17 Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Police said someone called the Wells County Sheriff’s Department asking for officers to check on the people in the home and the sheriff’s department called Bluffton police to do the welfare check. It’s not clear why the caller was concerned and asked police to do a welfare check."

OK. That is troublesome. Did the neighbors hear screaming or crying or something? I would think that if a 3 yr old was missing, the parents would immediately go door to door and see if the neighbors had seen him or anyone in the area?

oh oh, not another sweet autistic baby gone missing? I hope they checked the pond already.

in the first reports it was said mom noticed him missing when she woke up in the morning. The later reports said he has been missing since noon. Did no one check on him until noon? I dont think many 3 yr old boys would stay waiting in their rooms for that long in the morning.

When was he actually last seen, and by whom? The wording makes it sound like no one was looking for him until the police came and discovered that he wasn't there.

"Police said someone called the Wells County Sheriff’s Department asking for officers to check on the people in the home and the sheriff’s department called Bluffton police to do the welfare check. It’s not clear why the caller was concerned and asked police to do a welfare check."

OK. That is troublesome. Did the neighbors hear screaming or crying or something? I would think that if a 3 yr old was missing, the parents would immediately go door to door and see if the neighbors had seen him or anyone in the area?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Very concerning if it was someone else that asked for the welfare check.

Am in a mutual Facebook group with a relative of the boy. She stated that the mom put the boy to bed at 8pm last night, and realized he was gone when she woke up today. She's also stated that they've been told the pond and the creek have been checked and he's not there. As of a couple hours ago, she also stated that the mom and three others are in custody and being questioned.

When was he actually last seen, and by whom? The wording makes it sound like no one was looking for him until the police came and discovered that he wasn't there.

That's how it sounds to me too. I hope we hear more soon, this is very concerning and I don't like where my mind is going :(

I was actually talking to the mother regarding this case and that's what she told me as well. I really feel for her. I hope she will join us at some point, so we shall see.

owen2.jpg
Police did a welfare check at a home on the 500 block of Normandy Drive in Bluffton, and did not find the 3-year old boy anywhere. Police interviewed residents of the home and conducted a search in the area. According to a 21Alive viewer, Bluffton Police and the fire department used sonar on a pond near the boy's home, as well as K-9's, but did not find anything. Viewers on our 21Alive Facebook page say Owen was last seen around 8 p.m. Saturday at his home when his parents put him to bed. They say the parents woke up and found the boy was gone.
http://www.21alive.com/news/local/Bluffton-Police-Searching-for-Missing-Boy-288971581.html

Am in a mutual Facebook group with a relative of the boy. She stated that the mom put the boy to bed at 8pm last night, and realized he was gone when she woke up today. She's also stated that they've been told the pond and the creek have been checked and he's not there. As of a couple hours ago, she also stated that the mom and three others are in custody and being questioned.

Thank you tealrose - the date and times from the media are all over the place. This is good information.
:thinking:

I was actually talking to the mother regarding this case and that's what she told me as well. I really feel for her. I hope she will join us at some point, so we shall see.

Is the mom still in custody being questioned?

Her being in custody is news to me, but it would explain why I haven't spoken to her in some time now.

Who called and asked for the welfare check on the family? Why wasn't he reported missing by his parents when they woke up and found him missing? It sounds like someone was worried enough about this little guy to send the police and the parents came up with the missing story when the police wanted to know where he was. Is this what the relative is confirming?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Is the mom still in custody being questioned?

As of about an hour ago, in response to requests for updates, the relative stated that there were none at the moment, that police are investigating but that there is nothing that can be disclosed at this time.

Her being in custody is news to me, but it would explain why I haven't spoken to her in some time now.

The relative did use the term "in custody", which I wondered at, because at least one of the news articles mentioned people being questioned at the home.

Oh crap. I just found another update from the relative an hour or so after my first post. It speaks for itself.

"There are a LOT of unanswered questions, and now MANY stories being told to police, please continue to pray for our sweet Owen".

10922718_1054985371194852_3738440848426606460_n.jpg

I don't know what links are and aren't post-able, so I don't know if there's something I should DO with this information:

I've figured out who Owen's dad is - and dad's "Baby", who is apparently not Owen's mom.
Their Fb profiles are currently public.

I don't know what links are and aren't post-able, so I don't know if there's something I should DO with this information:

I've figured out who Owen's dad is - and dad's "Baby", who is apparently not Owen's mom.
Their Fb profiles are currently public.

The parents haven't been made POI's so neither profile is allowed to be posted.

I live 25 miles north of Bluffton. Sadly, this is probably going to end badly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeofLife
Back