Found Deceased IN - Paul Etter wanted for Kidnapping, Tippecanoe County, 22 June 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can see the resemblance, for sure. Appears to have the same color hair and balding, same build. He's wearing glasses, I think. It's too hard to say, but that would really be something if it is!
Another WS sleuther named Sipes gave me this "brainflash"......Someone find that same "Etter looking" man inside that April LE PC...... That would be icing on the "sleuther cake"..... I bet he is in there somewhere in all those videos.

Bump.......Is that Paul Etter leaving the Delphi April 2019 LE PC and getting in that large black SUV ?
The SUV's do look like the same kind. I'm not sure if I'm seeing chrome handles and side rail, or if that's reflection in the video. The one being towed does not appear to have that? Not sure what I'm seeing, though.

Either way, great catch sipes and cody22!

There are a few pictures of the audience in this article. There's a guy sitting in the crowd that looks like a possibility of being the guy you see in the video, but definitely not PE. Just guessing it could be the guy we see in the video? Maybe not, though...his hair looks pretty white.

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

Just glancing at the towed vehicle (looks like a Ford to me), and the one in the town square looks like a GMC/Chevrolet of some sort. I could be wrong though, hard to say without really zooming in and comparing models.

Also, difficult to tell on the guys in room vs video of town square. Looks very similar to me though...

I wonder if they filmed the whole thing? They probably would right?

I wonder if he uses the word Guys a lot? I know his neighbors have been interviewed. Hey Guys I want the media here. Hey guys I did not mean to harm anyone? Hey guys I have not been to that area cause my family can state I was on the farm cleaning my barn. MOO just wondering if its possible he was at that PC in April?

There are a few pictures of the audience in this article. There's a guy sitting in the crowd that looks like a possibility of being the guy you see in the video, but definitely not PE. Just guessing it could be the guy we see in the video? Maybe not, though...his hair looks pretty white.

Outline - Read & annotate without distractions
Thank you...... I now think that man seated on the inside and outside of the PC are the same man, and it is not Paul Etter........ Thank you everyone for your help.....moo

Last edited:
Unless it’s different in the USA as opposed to the UK, which I don’t believe it is, his DNA can be extracted in order to do a comparison to any DNA recovered from the Delphi crime scene . This can then be used as information only if it is a match , to enable an arrest or a case to be made against him, using the other actual evidence to arrest him and the DNA hit will support this evidence and allow a search of his property to be conducted. Hope that helps to clarify it x
He's dead so cannot be arrested or charged now but accomplices who may have helped him could be.

I’m trying to compare the SUV being towed and the one in the other video in front of the court house. So far it looks like the hub caps/ wheels match. Can’t tell if that is him or not. The other vehicle blocks him just as he’s turning
There is another black SUV parked in the top left also, plus another that drives by from left to right. Also, once the top right black SUV goes out of sight there is another (or could be the same one) goes by behind Rafael from right to left. Click on the three dots and the video speed can be slowed right down. Note also a second black SUV parked the whole time at top left and possible reg number viewable. Can anyone take screen shots? Then we can zoom in.

I still wonder what Paul Etter was doing on February 13, 2017, his occupation( farmer/manager of family properties ??), and what vehicle he was driving at the time ? What is the closest Etter owned property to the Delphi Park ?..... I do not believe that Paul Etter got up on the day of his kidnapping/rape and for the first time decided " I think I will carry a gun and handcuffs around with me today. I just might need them for something."

Sheriff who led standoff worries about officers

Not to take away from the black SUV
But this article answers some of my questions.
PE was on a mission to his self harm. We know his victim was let go he flees for 6 days. States he wanted to call his wife. Did he have self harm thoughts before this poor victim around 4am? To get caught?
Good article. Why so many different agencies. Now to find out the US Marshall’s where there too?

I’ve seen a lot less attention given to murderers actively holding people hostage, bank robbers... This article further raises my suspensions. Just way to much attention for a guy on the run after a SA crime.

And to want to talk to the wife...yuck, I’m sorry dear I just had no choice but to handcuff, shackle and rape that girl...

If he is what some think...I think the walls were closing in on him. The pressure was getting to him. He wanted to go out with one last hurrah, a Big Bang. He facilitated the flat tire situation.

Like I said last week I think he threw some nails or screws out in the street in front of his folks farm and just waited there in the driveway in his vehicle to see who would fall victim to a flat tire.

Hard to believe someone gets a flat tire in front of property he’s at, at 4:30 in the morning, just happens to be right there, just happens to have his handcuff ready, just happens to have a private place in mind to proceed with the rape and so on and so on...

Can’t believe for a minute it was just a coincidence that this girl got a flat tire in front of a rapist house at 4:30 in the in the morning in a rural area on a back country road and he just so happens to right there to offer his help.

Last edited:
I still wonder what Paul Etter was doing on February 13, 2017, his occupation( farmer/manager of family properties ??), and what vehicle he was driving at the time ? What is the closest Etter owned property to the Delphi Park ?..... I do not believe that Paul Etter got up on the day of his kidnapping/rape and for the first time decided " I think I will carry a gun and handcuffs around with me today. I just might need them for something."
He wasn't supposed to even carry a gun based on his convictions IMO. The address given in Flora was
07/28/1997
Converted Event
Comes now the defendant in person and gives as his true age 33 years and as his permanent address 5694 E. 100 N., Flora, In. 46929.

The Lafayette address was "a remote area in the 700 block of South Tippecanoe County Road 775 East.

This area is near the Girl Scout camp and near where Etter lives, Goldsmith said."

so I'll check them both out.

437 N 900 ELafayette, IN 47905

This is the address for him in White Pages and is only 12.6 miles from Delphi. The Flora address appears to be currently nothing to do with him now, but was his address according to court records in 1997. I think the other Lafayette address is his parent's address IMO.

Last edited:
How huge would that be?!

I can’t tell. I’m terrible at spotting people. Best I can say is, maybe?!
@LVatty10 please stay with us on this thread as we so offen need someone of your expertise to guide us through some of the legal issues that arise and we find ourselves at a loss.

For instance I get so confused as to this guys prior convictions and the penalties associated with them. I posted all of his legal problems from the state of IN on the first few pages of this thread.

We’ve recently had conversation as to the legality of obtaining his DNA. I think of course he’s dead, ME has access to it. He’s been charged for the rape and kidnapping but now that he is dead can they actually convict him?

He wasn't supposed to even carry a gun based on his convictions IMO. The address given in Flora was
07/28/1997
Converted Event
Comes now the defendant in person and gives as his true age 33 years and as his permanent address 5694 E. 100 N., Flora, In. 46929.

The Lafayette address was "a remote area in the 700 block of South Tippecanoe County Road 775 East.

This area is near the Girl Scout camp and near where Etter lives, Goldsmith said."

so I'll check them both out.

437 N 900 ELafayette, IN 47905

This is the address for him in White Pages and is only 12.6 miles from Delphi. The Flora address appears to be currently nothing to do with him now, but was his address according to court records in 1997. I think the other Lafayette address is his parent's address IMO.
That is his correct address. The parents properties are located on 775 ( very close by), also were the crime happened in the barn/office. See the maps I posted on the first few pages of this thread. I’ve got his property and his parents. Properties shown on maps.

That is his correct address. The parents properties are located on 775 ( very close by), also were the crime happened in the barn/office. See the maps I posted on the first few pages of this thread. I’ve got his property and his parents. Properties shown on maps.
Which one? The one where the crime was committed on 775 or the E Lafayette one? Which one did he actually live at?

e.g. My case
Dec 2016
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant ETTER, PAUL A
Description
Male, White, 5' 9", 170 lbs.
Address
437 N 900 E
LAFAYETTE, IN 47905

Current case June 2019

Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant Etter, Paul A.
Description
Address

437 North 900 East
Buck Creek, IN 47905
State Plaintiff State of Indiana
Attorney

Patrick K Harrington
111 N 4th ST
Lafayette, IN 47901
765-423-9305(W)
Charges
Show all charge details
01 06/22/2019 35-42-4-1(a)(1)/F3: Rape when compelled by force or imminent threat of force.
02 06/22/2019 35-42-4-1(a)(1)/F3: Rape when compelled by force or imminent threat of force.
03 06/22/2019 35-42-3-2(a)/F5: Kidnapping where committed by using a vehicle.
04 06/22/2019 35-42-3-3(a/F5: Criminal Confinement where a vehicle is used.
05 06/22/2019 35-42-3-2(a)/F6:Kidnapping This is the basic kidnapping statute.
06 06/22/2019 35-42-3-3(a)/F6:Criminal Confinement
07 06/22/2019 35-42-4-8(a)(1)(A)/F6: Sexual Battery Victim compelled to submit by force or imminent threat of forc
08 06/22/2019 35-45-2-5(2)/MA: Interference with the Reporting of a Crime

So the crime was committed at the address listed in the newspaper. So does he live at the parents address, if he was there at 4.30 a.m?

Last edited:
@LVatty10 please stay with us on this thread as we so offen need someone of your expertise to guide us through some of the legal issues that arise and we find ourselves at a loss.

For instance I get so confused as to this guys prior convictions and the penalties associated with them. I posted all of his legal problems from the state of IN on the first few pages of this thread.

We’ve recently had conversation as to the legality of obtaining his DNA. I think of course he’s dead, ME has access to it. He’s been charged for the rape and kidnapping but now that he is dead can they actually convict him?
To your first question re DNA:
DNA is a tricky subject and actually a developing area of the law.

That being said, there is no law in the United States that I know of that bars the next-of-kin from authorizing the taking of a DNA sample from their loved one except maybe in the extraordinary situation where the deceased had expressly stated in writing beforehand that he or she did not want DNA testing to be done. So PE’s family could authorize it. Would hope that they would.

Could LE execute a warrant and obtain a sample of his DNA from the ME? Maybe? He is dead and cannot be prosecuted for a crime. But a person arguably has no corporeal rights when dead. I’m not a criminal attorney but my gut says they could obtain a warrant for his DNA to potentially solve another crime. They will have to meet the requirements for a warrant meaning they can’t just take his DNA on a hunch.

To your second question, no he cannot he convicted or tried post mortem. We only try and convict live people because the deceased cannot be punished or serve a sentence.

Hope that helps!

FYI I’m not a criminal attorney and not licensed in Indiana but I remember basic criminal law from the bar exam and can answer general questions. DNA is a very murky area of the law at the moment. Hot topic of discussion and debate for lawyers

Which one? The one where the crime was committed on 775 or the E Lafayette one? Which one did he actually live at?

e.g. My case
Dec 2016
Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant ETTER, PAUL A
Description
Address
437 N 900 E
LAFAYETTE, IN 47905

Current case June 2019

Parties to the Case
Hide all party details
Defendant Etter, Paul A.
Description
Address

437 North 900 East
Buck Creek, IN 47905
State Plaintiff State of Indiana
Attorney

Patrick K Harrington
111 N 4th ST
Lafayette, IN 47901
765-423-9305(W)
Charges
Show all charge details
01 06/22/2019 35-42-4-1(a)(1)/F3: Rape when compelled by force or imminent threat of force.
02 06/22/2019 35-42-4-1(a)(1)/F3: Rape when compelled by force or imminent threat of force.
03 06/22/2019 35-42-3-2(a)/F5: Kidnapping where committed by using a vehicle.
04 06/22/2019 35-42-3-3(a/F5: Criminal Confinement where a vehicle is used.
05 06/22/2019 35-42-3-2(a)/F6:Kidnapping This is the basic kidnapping statute.
06 06/22/2019 35-42-3-3(a)/F6:Criminal Confinement
07 06/22/2019 35-42-4-8(a)(1)(A)/F6: Sexual Battery Victim compelled to submit by force or imminent threat of forc
08 06/22/2019 35-45-2-5(2)/MA: Interference with the Reporting of a Crime

So the crime was committed at the address listed in the newspaper. So does he live at the parents address, if he was there at 4.30 a.m?
I guess my understanding is that he lived at the 900 address, and that's where the woman got the flat and was first approached. He followed her just up 900 to another driveway and that's where he attacked and abducted her. The parent's address, the farm on 775, is where he took her to the barn. Is this correct?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back