GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I've been thinking. He IS the one arrested, charged, and in jail with a $100,000.00 bond.

Seems like if he wasn't the killer, he'd be singing like a canary right about now.

The reporter said the location where the baby was found is very remote and difficult to get to. There is no road to it. LE had to use ATV to get there. He said one would have to walk a long ways to get there.

At 3:30 in video http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-uncle-describe-hours-before-she-went-missing

The exact sight was described as a river shoal, where it would flood during high water. I can't help but wonder why he didn't go ahead and put her in the water to make discovery more difficult. Any thoughts on that?

As far as I know, that's new as of today.
I missed this quote all together.

Interesting.
In all the reading and rereading and confusion of stories, this was possibly a new quote for today.
I wasn't sure how old the quote was because I think the article has been updated a few times. I read it a few hours ago, so came here to try to find a connection with the other "stories". I scanned through the last few pages and couldn't find it, so thought it might be something I missed deep inside the thread.

That's crazy.

The reporter said the location where the baby was found is very remote and difficult to get to. There is no road to it. LE had to use ATV to get there. He said one would have to walk a long ways to get there.

At 3:30 in video http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-uncle-describe-hours-before-she-went-missing

The exact sight was described as a river shoal, where it would flood during high water. I can't help but wonder why he didn't go ahead and put her in the water to make discovery more difficult. Any thoughts on that?

I was surprised by the placement as well. Is it possible this was intended to be a temporary location? Maybe someone was supposed to go back and move her later? Is KP still employed by the funeral home? Seems like someone with access to a funeral home would be an ideal person to know if you wanted to get rid of a body, but also would be ideal if a murderer worked at a funeral home and needed to get rid of a body. I feel like I've read a case about that at some point, or maybe I just watch too much crime TV.

No matter, if KP isn't talking, someone knew exactly what he was doing and where he went. That suggests someone at the non-party was involved or KP told someone about it.

Ugh, looking at Kp's fb profile, he seems like a pretty normal 20 something. His criminal background doesn't scream baby killer. I just don't know.

I was surprised by the placement as well. Is it possible this was intended to be a temporary location? Maybe someone was supposed to go back and move her later? Is KP still employed by the funeral home? Seems like someone with access to a funeral home would be an ideal person to know if you wanted to get rid of a body, but also would be ideal if a murderer worked at a funeral home and needed to get rid of a body. I feel like I've read a case about that at some point, or maybe I just watch too much crime TV.

No matter, if KP isn't talking, someone knew exactly what he was doing and where he went. That suggests someone at the non-party was involved or KP told someone about it.

Ugh, looking at Kp's fb profile, he seems like a pretty normal 20 something. His criminal background doesn't scream baby killer. I just don't know.

Somebody's talking, and led the LE to Shaylyn :( . I wonder who?

IF, and it's a BIG if, Kyle took Shaylyn to play a trick or a joke, maybe she woke up and started screaming, and he might have panicked and then quieted her. Out of panic and fear, he may have run with her to this area and left her, not knowing what else to do. I know it sounds far-fetched, but you just never know.

That's what I've been thinking. He IS the one arrested, charged, and in jail with a $100,000.00 bond.

Although AFAIK he hasn't been charged with murder yet. Charges Parker is facing are:

Two counts of obstruction of justice.
One count of failure to report a dead body.
One count of unlawful disposition of a dead body.

I expected that to change once the ME declared Shaylyn's death a homicide. Maybe the prosecutor is waiting on further evidence?

If Kyle did return between the 3 or 4 am time the uncle said he left and 8 or 8:30 when dad discovered Shaylyn missing, that's about a 5-hour window. So is it possible he had time to return, kidnap and murder Shaylyn and then drive out to the remote area in Gosport near the White River to dump her body?

IMO if Kyle acted alone then the motive was likely sexual. Ugh.

I agree with you to some extent in that those in poverty have a hard time breaking the cycle and that many that suffer from poverty appear as the type of people we have been discussing. However...it is not poverty that I am talking about.
It's a family 'type' and I often see people like this that are not poor. To use the Avery/Dassey clan again..they may appear poor by the way they dress, etc. but they were far from living in poverty. Successful business, drove nice vehicles, LOTS of money in equipment, good share of property, etc.
I personally know a local family that owns a towing service and they are loaded with money, yet many would see them and affiliate them with poverty. Nothing could be further than the truth.
You can't always judge a book by its cover when it comes to money in the bank. It's more of a lifestyle than bank accounts.
I'm not saying this family in particular is rich, poor or in-between. I'm just stating that it is not always poverty that gives the vibe these people do, and answering your post. :)

A poverty of the soul?

Argh, I meant to note that the location isn't terribly far of a walk if KP parked on E. North St. and crossed the railroad tracks. I noticed there is a building/house with a lane just north of where the rivers join. I wonder if that's accessible by vehicle. I know Lingle Rd. was mentioned, but is that how LE accessed the area or how KP accessed the area? Shaylyn was only 20 lbs, I don't think it would be that hard for a large male to carry her a considerable distance if it meant not getting found.

Although AFAIK he hasn't been charged with murder yet. Charges Parker is facing are:

I expected that to change once the ME declared Shaylyn's death a homicide. Maybe the prosecutor is waiting on further evidence?

If Kyle did return between the 3 or 4 am time the uncle said he left and 8 or 8:30 when dad discovered Shaylyn missing, that's about a 5-hour window. So is it possible he had time to return, kidnap and murder Shaylyn and then drive out to the remote area in Gosport near the White River to dump her body?

I was thinking the same. The only motive for KP would've been a sick sexual assault, but there wasn't one... so what reason would KP have to kill this baby?

ETA. But if KP didn't do it, then why did he put himself in this position. Why did he
dispose of the body? I mean, gosh... the family didn't even know his last name *cough* how much loyalty could there be.

I was thinking the same. The only motive for KP would've been a sick sexual assault, but there wasn't one... so what reason would KP have to kill this baby?

Have they disclosed there was no sexual assault?

The Indy Channel
ISP Sgt. Curt Durnill provides update on Shaylyn Ammerman case

[video=youtube;XYdDrOfgNwU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYdDrOfgNwU[/video]

At 1:40 in the video the Sgt says no additional arrests have been made and he doesn't anticipate any additional arrests being made in the near future. He goes on to say there are other persons of interests but will not name them.

It was on Nancy Grace that grandma said only one way in the house at Justins bed blocked the back door. My impression is Tamera and Daniel slept in one room, Adam and Justin in another room, with Shaylyn in the living room.
They said after Kyle came over, Adam asked Justin if he wanted to drink with them and he said no, so I am thinking he was in the living room at this time.
Adam in the most recent interview, says he wasn't drunk, just drank a little. But then goes on to say he drank over his limit, he was hungover, he was passed out. So which one is it?
I still think Kelly plays into this somehow.
Adams' FB page said he is engaged, but no name and no pictures as to who he is engaged to?

Actually, in the video gliving posted, a reporter asked Sgt. Durnill about sexual assault (around 4:56). He didn't confirm or deny, he just said all he's been told by the forensic pathologist is the cod was asphyxiation. So technically we don't yet know any particulars. I'm also waiting to hear more about possible causes of asphyxiation, like smothering or choking.

ETA. But if KP didn't do it, then why did he put himself in this position. Why did he
dispose of the body? I mean, gosh... the family didn't even know his last name *cough* how much loyalty could there be.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What's the motive? He would have been the only one that could have probably gotten out of the house to hide the body so the rest of the family would be there when they reported her missing. Also, I wonder who else had a car in the family. I also wonder if KP's friend connection to the family is Kelly R. She also has another FB account and there is a link to KP's family but in small towns like that, I'm not surprised that would be possible.

LE might be withholding further charges in hopes that Kyle will talk. Since it was just announced that no more arrests are eminent, it doesn't seem as though those POI's have turned into suspects. IMO

LE might be withholding further charges in hopes that Kyle will talk. Since it was just announced that no more arrests are eminent, it doesn't seem as though those POI's have turned into suspects. IMO

Well, Durnill qualified his statement with "in the near future." He was stressing that this is an ongoing investigation that could take weeks or even months.

He was clear in his interview that none of the people in the house that night have been cleared and are being "interviewed and re-interviewed."

So I guess the big question is whether or not LE believes Kyle acted alone. And a question I have is: are there more poi's that we've not yet heard about? Remember in an early presser the sergeant said ballpark there were 7 to 10 people in the house. We have dad, grandma and grandpa, uncle, Kelly and Kyle. That's 6. I wonder if there were others who may have come and gone earlier or if that's the actual count.

If JP did this (he is arrested) and acted alone, how in h*ll did he think he'd away with it? I mean, he was in the home drinking till the early hours. Are these freaks impulses uncontrollable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay