GUILTY IN - Shaylyn Ammerman, 14 mos, Spencer, 23 March 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are able to discuss the family here, at least to the extent of opinions. A mod may correct me on that though.

[...]

However even the FB pages aren't the main reason people are feeling uneasy about the family/victims. I'd guess the majority would say that it is their PUBLIC TV appearances that has people making statements as to their believably. Inconsistent statements being a biggie.

Are we allowed to give our opinion on how negligence contributed to this tragedy?

I'm not talking about digging into their pasts and such, that will come at a later date IF they are named suspects, are arrested, etc.
I'm talking about just reacting to their demeanor and what has actually come out of their mouth in voluntary public interviews.

I'm just not clear on that. It's a fine line, I do believe, and I don't want us her to get in trouble.

snipped by me for focus

We may discuss their public statements, inconsistencies in timeline and details of the night in question. I understand the temptation to opine on lifestyle, appearance, caregiving, etc. But I would like to see us stay focused on the facts of the case until we have more information. At the moment we have no COD, no information regarding whether or how possible negligence may or may not factor into the situation. Discuss the case, discuss the discrepancies. We would not be Websleuths if we didn't.

The father says that he found out from the news. But I don't believe much that comes out of the house---since their stories have been all over the place so far.

Am I confused? I thought the Father was being held?

snipped by me for focus

We may discuss their public statements, inconsistencies in timeline and details of the night in question. I understand the temptation to opine on lifestyle, appearance, caregiving, etc. But I would like to see us stay focused on the facts of the case until we have more information. At the moment we have no COD, no information regarding whether or how possible negligence may or may not factor into the situation. Discuss the case, discuss the discrepancies. We would not be Websleuths if we didn't.

Thank you! I just have to say that I love the way you explain things in such a relatable way. It is very much appreciated! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? He found out from the *news?

That surely can't be typical. Surely not!

Unless LE has a really good reason for not telling him in person, that's deplorable.

Even if they know for a fact (however they'd know that) that he already knew, wouldn't they want to see his reaction upon telling him? To ask him questions? Explore his knowledge?

And if he *was innocent of any wrongdoing, then that was just cruel.

This just doesn't make sense to me. I would think that they would have to tell him before going to the media. Just like they did with the mother [emoji19]

I'm sorry, just catching up on this one. I have a few questions and I'm sorry if they have already been asked and answered.

1. I thought I read that no one seemed to know Kyle's last name yesterday? But I read that one of the family (I think the uncle) was friends with him on facebook?
2. If grandma went to bed at 2am, how in the world would she have known that Kyle left at 3am?

IMOO, it seems that Kyle is the "scapegoat" here. It seems to me that something happened to poor Shaylyn and maybe since Kyle had worked at a funeral home in the past, dad and grandma thought he'd be just the person to dispose of Shaylyn. Of course this is ONLY speculation!!

This family just makes me so uneasy

Since I'm really new at this still, I dont know if this makes sense but so far, Kyle is not being charged with the death? Just two counts of obstruction of justice, unlawful disposition of a dead body and failure to report a dead body. For those of you who have been following stories for a while, do they typically not charge with the death at first?

Just waking to read this news. I wish it was otherwise but we all suspected this case would not have a happy outcome. Too many things did not add up. This case is still being very actively investigated and we may see more arrests.

I have removed some off topic posts and some that indicated sleuthing of family members' Facebook pages. :nono: Websleuths can't stop you from reading those things. But do not discuss them here. Do not hint at them here. Just don't do it.

ETA clarification: You may sleuth public facebook pages of family present in the home the night she went missing and who LE have referred to as Persons of Interest.

Rest in Peace baby girl. Fly high now.

Just so we're all 100% perfectly clear, on the same page, etc., does this mean we can also post direct links to those public FB pages? I have a list ready to post (pages of people in the home the night baby girl went missing, according to MSM) if yes. Or not, if no. I don't want to violate TOS and scrub floors for 2 days :)

He knew before the media was alerted. It would be very unprofessional and way out of character for LE not to inform the family prior to giving the info the public. I don't know if he wasn't listening, or if he was just so distraught that he didn't internalize the information (saying with the utmost amount of sarcasm possible) or what, but LE told them before the media!!

Since I'm really new at this still, I dont know if this makes sense but so far, Kyle is not being charged with the death? Just two counts of obstruction of justice, unlawful disposition of a dead body and failure to report a dead body. For those of you who have been following stories for a while, do they typically not charge with the death at first?

I believe they're waiting for the autopsy results at this point, since technically they're not even classifying it at a homicide investigation yet.

I think we are able to discuss the family here, at least to the extent of opinions. A mod may correct me on that though.
It's sad when the perceived victims have made the thing that victimizes them possible through, at best, negligence.
We saw this in the Tammy Meyers case, where her extremely poor decisions contributed to her death.
In a prior post, tlcya stated: "I have removed some off topic posts and some that indicated sleuthing of family members' Facebook pages. Websleuths can't stop you from reading those things. But do not discuss them here. Do not hint at them here. Just don't do it.

ETA clarification: You may sleuth public facebook pages of family present in the home the night she went missing and who LE have referred to as Persons of Interest..

The same thing can be said about runaways, prostitutes, drug addicts who are killed. They may have put themselves in the position to be abused and killed. But, they are victims as they did not choose to be killed. I agree about what was said about Tammy Meyers. I guess I find it all upsetting that we say we are victim friendly but then decide when the victim or their family is out of the norm that we can chew them up and spit them out. At the end of the day, every victim deserves compassion. Their families might not have been perfect or even decent but losing a loved one is deeply painful, unless, of course, you killed them.

This family is concerning on many levels. I recognize that. They are POIs. And, they may be innocent and hurting. Or, they may have had a hand in her death. We don't know what happened yet. We have heard they had a party. And, we heard that there were four adult men watching tv and drinking whiskey. When people are talking about what appears to be their behavior, I get the reasons. But, what if... this man did not kill his child? What if he is just a marginal person who made a bad decision to let someone into his home? The dad and family maybe be monsters or maybe not. Doesn't it make sense to wait until we know a little more before saying nasty things about him?

I believe they're waiting for the autopsy results at this point, since technically they're not even classifying it at a homicide investigation yet.

I agree, I think they are waiting to get results from the ME and then that's when we will see more arrests made and different charges brought forward. IMO

Hmm. I saw the presser last night and the official speaking said the family was notified before they released anything to media. Which is the proper thing to do.
Yet here we have (another) conflicting statement originating from that household.

I watched the presser. If I remember correctly the Leo that was speaking said they informed the mother and then the media. But I could be wrong. I will go back and watch again when I have time.

[video=twitter;713410682520252416]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/713410682520252416[/video]
Alexis McAdams ✔ ‎@AlexisMcAdamsTV
Look at scene where police found #ShaylynAmmerman
:(

[video=twitter;713410682520252416]https://twitter.com/AlexisMcAdamsTV/status/713410682520252416[/video]
Alexis McAdams [emoji818] ‎@AlexisMcAdamsTV
Look at scene where police found #ShaylynAmmerman
:(

For some reason,I am only getting blank pages when clicking on links. I'm on an iPad. Is there something I should be doing to be able to open links?

Since Shaylyn's bed was in the living room, I wonder if she was given too much of something to help her sleep so that the people there could drink and watch tv without waking her?

It is also possible that the tv was not in the living room. It may have been in a basement or bedroom where the adults gathered.

How many times have we seen wealthy, intelligent people commit heinous murders? While I agree with most of the opinions about how this family appears, (and thinking it myself) I'm not positive that it was a contributing factor. Blatant disregard for human life is rampant across income and intelligence levels. At least when it comes to human life that isn't their own.

How many times have we seen wealthy, intelligent people commit heinous murders? While I agree with most of the opinions about how this family appears, (and thinking it myself) I'm not positive that it was a contributing factor. Blatant disregard for human life is rampant across income and intelligence levels. At least when it comes to human life that isn't their own.

I agree. I don't think this has anything to do with money, class, or anything of the kind. Wealthy people are just better poised to hide their nastiest secrets (and usually have more strings to pull when it comes to getting a decent defense).

Hopefully whatever secrets are still to come out come pouring out soon so that Shaylyn and those who love her don't have to wait long for justice.

I agree. I don't think this has anything to do with money, class, or anything of the kind. Wealthy people are just better poised to hide their nastiest secrets (and usually have more strings to pull when it comes to getting a decent defense).

Hopefully whatever secrets are still to come out come pouring out soon so that Shaylyn and those who love her don't have to wait long for justice.

Also, they usually believe they are smart enough to get away with it.

Just so we're all 100% perfectly clear, on the same page, etc., does this mean we can also post direct links to those public FB pages? I have a list ready to post (pages of people in the home the night baby girl went missing, according to MSM) if yes. Or not, if no. I don't want to violate TOS and scrub floors for 2 days :)

So long as those persons have public FB pages and have been named POI by LE you may link to their page or a specific post of interest. Please do not copy and post or quote directly. Simply link and suggest people take a look. Thanks for checking first.

I don't think race or money or whatever has anything to do with it. Yes, people from all walks of life have killed or neglected children. But I think we see far more cases of selfish and lazy people who end up with dead children either by their hand or by negligence. People with and without money can be selfish and lazy. Is that what these people are? I can't say for sure based on a few video snippets (plus we don't know COD yet)...but, I can make some assumptions, that's for sure.

Do we know when COD will be released??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members