Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(bolding, my doing)
Dark Knight, I agree with you that there had to be some evidence as to the path & movements. Now, on the second thing I bolded.. I'm not sure, I realize it's not a tiny property but I would have expected them to thoroughly check not only the entire house but all outbuildings, not only for possible other victims but the perpetrator/s, a little quicker than a few hours.

Now that you mention it I do recall that other LE agencies were involved but that makes me go back to the idea (that I don't want to think could be true) that the dirtbag/s that did this were so able to leave no noticeable trace of themselves.... and the fact that if it just indicates familiars then why didn't they zero in on that and not let up until there was satisfaction that familiars didn't commit the crime.... ugh (sorry.... I seem to be stuck on that.)

Nobody was coming or going once they had the property surrounded, they likely figured. Now, what if Terry had still been alive and clinging to life and died while waiting to be found? Then yes, that would have been a real problem for LE. But with the outbuilding about a football field away, they likely never considered someone way out there. As a matter of fact, more than a few people thought he killed her and disappeared, and he might have even been listed as missing for a few hours, but Rosco can clarify that better than I. My neighbors house is about a football field away, if I found a dead body in here, I am not sure I'd think to go way over there and see if there was another. Securing the property so no suspects got away was likely the right thing to do, given it's enormous size.

I understand what you are saying DK but I have to admit I find it a little baffling that Terry was not found for a few hours. Surely local police knew who Darlene and Terry were and with Terry not in the house instead of assuming he killed her and took off you would think they would search the surrounding buildings, the property with dogs, etc. Not only to look for Terry but also to look for any signs of the killers.

The lack of blood trail is baffling. Blind Luck? There was no blood transfer between Terry and Darlene meaning either two weapons were used or the killer wiped it clean and then went to kill the other. No sign of the killer walking between the two crime scenes......it sounds more and more like there were two killers that night, each one killed seperately, never crossed paths - the one inside never went out, the one outside never came in. The one that committed the robbery either had to do it after he changed or he left, changed, showered etc and then came back. Perhaps the robbery was an afterthought? He/they went there with the intent to kill them for some reason, left the scene and then a few hours later decided, what the hell? I might as well go back and steal what I can.

I just don't see how there could have been one killer. If there was then why did he obviously go to great pains not to connect himself to both of the bodies. He would have had to change clothes, shoes -- or at least put bags over his shoes or something, completely clean the weapon off and then do the same thing again after Terry's death. Why? It doesn't really make sense.

What Roscoe said about hunting coveralls makes sense. You could easily zip into one of those and protect your clothing, take it off, wrap it up and stick it in your back pack which you burn asap.

There was forensic evidence left behind though, right? We just don't know what it is?

I understand what you are saying DK but I have to admit I find it a little baffling that Terry was not found for a few hours. Surely local police knew who Darlene and Terry were and with Terry not in the house instead of assuming he killed her and took off you would think they would search the surrounding buildings, the property with dogs, etc. Not only to look for Terry but also to look for any signs of the killers.

The lack of blood trail is baffling. Blind Luck? There was no blood transfer between Terry and Darlene meaning either two weapons were used or the killer wiped it clean and then went to kill the other. No sign of the killer walking between the two crime scenes......it sounds more and more like there were two killers that night, each one killed seperately, never crossed paths - the one inside never went out, the one outside never came in. The one that committed the robbery either had to do it after he changed or he left, changed, showered etc and then came back. Perhaps the robbery was an afterthought? He/they went there with the intent to kill them for some reason, left the scene and then a few hours later decided, what the hell? I might as well go back and steal what I can.

I just don't see how there could have been one killer. If there was then why did he obviously go to great pains not to connect himself to both of the bodies. He would have had to change clothes, shoes -- or at least put bags over his shoes or something, completely clean the weapon off and then do the same thing again after Terry's death. Why? It doesn't really make sense.

What Roscoe said about hunting coveralls makes sense. You could easily zip into one of those and protect your clothing, take it off, wrap it up and stick it in your back pack which you burn asap.

There was forensic evidence left behind though, right? We just don't know what it is?

To my knowledge LE has not publically released information on blood transfer between victims, as they haven't even revealed the weapon. So most of that info is secret. It's possible they are keeping any blood trails a secret, too, although I am not sure the benefit of that. There is some forensic evidence being retested, they have told Rosco, but I don't believe the details are to be made public. Technology has advanced quite a bit in 3 years.

Lizzie Borden took an ax and gave her mother 40 whacks. And when she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41. . . .

Detectives, law students and others interested in the celebrated unsolved case are also among the 10,000 people who tour the home each year. Guests leave with differing opinions as to whether Lizzie, who with her younger sister inherited their father's fortune, got away with murder. Moon says the spirits of Andrew, Lizzie and others have convinced him that although Lizzie didn't deliver the fatal blows, she wasn't an innocent bystander either.

"Lizzie was definitely one of the people involved, but it wasn't just one person," he says. "There was a group involved in the murder."

http://travel.latimes.com/articles/la-tr-lizzie26-2008oct26

To my knowledge LE has not publically released information on blood transfer between victims, as they haven't even revealed the weapon. So most of that info is secret. It's possible they are keeping any blood trails a secret, too, although I am not sure the benefit of that. There is some forensic evidence being retested, they have told Rosco, but I don't believe the details are to be made public. Technology has advanced quite a bit in 3 years.

Thanks DK. It is encouraging to hear evidence is being re-tested.

Regarding the weapon (I cannot remember) do we know if LE knows for sure what was used or are they just speculating based on the injuries?

Thanks DK. It is encouraging to hear evidence is being re-tested.

Regarding the weapon (I cannot remember) do we know if LE knows for sure what was used or are they just speculating based on the injuries?

The actual weapon has not been found, so it is speculation as to the specific item. Do they know if it was something that would leave more specific wounds like an axe or a hammer? They haven't said so publically or to the family, if they do. Any other comments that have been made regarding a possible weapon I will leave for Rosco to divulge, if she deems it ok to do so. I'd suggest not, though.

(bolding, my doing)
Dark Knight, I agree with you that there had to be some evidence as to the path & movements. Now, on the second thing I bolded.. I'm not sure, I realize it's not a tiny property but I would have expected them to thoroughly check not only the entire house but all outbuildings, not only for possible other victims but the perpetrator/s, a little quicker than a few hours.

Now that you mention it I do recall that other LE agencies were involved but that makes me go back to the idea (that I don't want to think could be true) that the dirtbag/s that did this were so able to leave no noticeable trace of themselves.... and the fact that if it just indicates familiars then why didn't they zero in on that and not let up until there was satisfaction that familiars didn't commit the crime.... ugh (sorry.... I seem to be stuck on that.)

snowme... LE did comb the entire property as well as the local surrounding properties w/dogs and such. LE also combed thru local watering places and streams... Dad has a creek that runs thru the woods of his property. LE has helicopters and CSI ground crew that worked the scene. I do feel pretty sure LE did a very good job - there were just so many organizations involved... not just local.... I feel it was secured and searched best to their ability. I dont think that the scene was left or it was mis-handled.

I think that is why there was no trace evidence.. cuz the pps who murderd them were ALWAYS there or had normal contact with the house - their traces would always be there - and not get questioned.

Just remember - it was Oct.. and cold. Hunting season on... gloves and cover-alls are a norm in that area around that time... SOO it's possible to be covered and then to discard without anything to your clothes under... or gloves on... to touch...

UR right DK... first information was Darleen was killed. LE did not find Dad until hours later - actually the dogs found him.

I actually did not get CONFIRMATION of Dad being killed until I arrived at the house. DH was the first family (outside A) to go on scene...and all the while I thought 'how could Dad do this?? or " COULD Dad do this?".... The news and radio and paper only said Darleen... I did NOT have access to LE until I arrived and at that time is when I was official told it was BOTH. BUT... I did get the ultimate call from XBF (not A) about 1pm CST - and he told me both have been murdered... BUT everything I read on internet on the way only indicated Darleen... so I truly did not believe XBF until LE told me.

it's a bit different feel when it's your loved ones and not a neighbor... IMO.. If it was a neighbor.. I ppby would NOT either.. But it was a loved one...and the worry about them would have took me over the edge and without fear - go find them!...
I 'think' if it was ME who found my mom.. I personally would have searched for Dad.. knowing his truck was there in the drive... I would have called 911 - but would have been worried about my father... ??? It's soooo difficult to put yourself in that mode and consider what u would do... BUT I loved both of them.. and I truly think i would NOT have been considering my safty at that time.. I would have been worried about dad.
BUT that is what I would do... Also - seeing Rosco on the chain and Grandma there...and also I was NOT alone... I was with my BF.

I know my DH told me if it was ME screaming and HIM outside on the phone (like XBF was) - he would have ran so fast to see what/who/why... and then he sure would have searched the entire property - gun in hand mind you... BUT he said he loves me so.. that it would scare him to hear my screams..and then he would want me protected..and would search for anything that would harm us... Maybe not the best plan.. but that is what DH said he would have done... He would be a protector... until his death... that is just how my DH is...

((( I am going to do my best to reply to ALL these posts... LOL!!! ))

I'm on a roll!!!!

Rosco :crazy:

Nobody was coming or going once they had the property surrounded, they likely figured. Now, what if Terry had still been alive and clinging to life and died while waiting to be found? Then yes, that would have been a real problem for LE. But with the outbuilding about a football field away, they likely never considered someone way out there. As a matter of fact, more than a few people thought he killed her and disappeared, and he might have even been listed as missing for a few hours, but Rosco can clarify that better than I. My neighbors house is about a football field away, if I found a dead body in here, I am not sure I'd think to go way over there and see if there was another. Securing the property so no suspects got away was likely the right thing to do, given it's enormous size.

UR right DK... first information was Darleen was killed. LE did not find Dad until hours later - actually the dogs found him.

I actually did not get CONFIRMATION of Dad being killed until I arrived at the house. DH was the first family (outside A) to go on scene...and all the while I thought 'how could Dad do this?? or " COULD Dad do this?".... The news and radio and paper only said Darleen... I did NOT have access to LE until I arrived and at that time is when I was official told it was BOTH. BUT... I did get the ultimate call from XBF (not A) about 1pm CST - and he told me both have been murdered... BUT everything I read on internet on the way only indicated Darleen... so I truly did not believe XBF until LE told me.

it's a bit different feel when it's your loved ones and not a neighbor... IMO.. If it was a neighbor.. I ppby would NOT either.. But it was a loved one...and the worry about them would have took me over the edge and without fear - go find them!...
I 'think' if it was ME who found my mom.. I personally would have searched for Dad.. knowing his truck was there in the drive... I would have called 911 - but would have been worried about my father... ??? It's soooo difficult to put yourself in that mode and consider what u would do... BUT I loved both of them.. and I truly think i would NOT have been considering my safty at that time.. I would have been worried about dad.
BUT that is what I would do... Also - seeing Rosco on the chain and Grandma there...and also I was NOT alone... I was with my BF.

I know my DH told me if it was ME screaming and HIM outside on the phone (like XBF was) - he would have ran so fast to see what/who/why... and then he sure would have searched the entire property - gun in hand mind you... BUT he said he loves me so.. that it would scare him to hear my screams..and then he would want me protected..and would search for anything that would harm us... Maybe not the best plan.. but that is what DH said he would have done... He would be a protector... until his death... that is just how my DH is...

((( I am going to do my best to reply to ALL these posts... LOL!!! ))

I'm on a roll!!!!

Rosco :crazy:

Who was screaming and when???

I do NOT think it was ONE person... and one weapon. There was more than one person on that property to murder both them..

keep in mind that LE very well might be keeping (and that is ppby the answer) most if not 'all' the info they have. They can tell me they dont have and very likly they do. The comment from the recent papers really got me going on that fact - they have info but can't share'... pbbly cuz it was someone whom they might have called family...

Yepp... cover-alls... COLD outside... easy to take off and burn right away... no evidence left at scene... take weapon...

I just can't imagine NOTHING dripping off weapon.. BUT - that could be something LE is hiding...

Rosco.

There is NO weapon.. and LE have NOT expressed their thoughts as to what it might have been. I think LE knows.. based on the coroner... LE has and will not tell me what they think is the weapon....

They did tell me that both were struck with this weapon OVER a dozen times each...and i think that both had the SAME injuries... so same 'type' of weapon - AGAIN... assuming here... LE has never told me there were different weapons or two.. IMO.. there was more than one pps...

SOOO beat Dad so bad.. and then same amount of 'rush/high' to go into the house and to the same to Darleen.. SORRY - i think it was two pps.. or more...

The actual weapon has not been found, so it is speculation as to the specific item. Do they know if it was something that would leave more specific wounds like an axe or a hammer? They haven't said so publically or to the family, if they do. Any other comments that have been made regarding a possible weapon I will leave for Rosco to divulge, if she deems it ok to do so. I'd suggest not, though.

When A and grandma went into the house... XBF stayed outside and NEVER went into the house when they screamed...

When A went to pick up her dad for work, grandma went inside with her? At 7:30am? And her XBF was outside on the cell at the time? :waitasec:

YES .... gm met A in the back-yard (between her trailer and the house)... after A and XBF pulled up that morning to meet dad for work...
GM said kraft foods (where darleen worked) called for darleen - she did not make it to work... so BOTH gm and A went into the house - together... and XBF was on the phone... NEVER went into the house.
I also know that GM had a severe health issue at the time - she had just seen her only daughter dead on the couch with her head crushed in... I don't believe XBF went into the house to help...NEVER went into the house..

Matter of fact... XBF would hardly ever go into the house after we all arrived.. Had NO problem in the barn/or driving all of dad's 4x4s and such..and telling 'A' he was getting dad's truck cuz he's dead - - - driving 4x4's up and down the drive and back roads while we were all there.. Everyone commented on how he was burning up the back-roads..and going really fast!!!
BUT you had to drag him into the house.. (( he HAD to help me with the TV one time w/VCR for my DS could watch something and I didn't know how to work the TV - so he was in the house quickly ...))

When A went to pick up her dad for work, grandma went inside with her? At 7:30am? And her XBF was outside on the cell at the time? :waitasec:

YES .... gm met A in the back-yard (between her trailer and the house)... after A and XBF pulled up that morning to meet dad for work...
GM said kraft foods (where darleen worked) called for darleen - she did not make it to work... so BOTH gm and A went into the house - together... and XBF was on the phone... NEVER went into the house.
I also know that GM had a severe health issue at the time - she had just seen her only daughter dead on the couch with her head crushed in... I don't believe XBF went into the house to help...NEVER went into the house..

Matter of fact... XBF would hardly ever go into the house after we all arrived.. Had NO problem in the barn/or driving all of dad's 4x4s and such..and telling 'A' he was getting dad's truck cuz he's dead - - - driving 4x4's up and down the drive and back roads while we were all there.. Everyone commented on how he was burning up the back-roads..and going really fast!!!
BUT you had to drag him into the house.. (( he HAD to help me with the TV one time w/VCR for my DS could watch something and I didn't know how to work the TV - so he was in the house quickly ...))

And this is the same guy who was causing problems at the police station and your hubby got in his face?

Yes - same charector.

It was w/my DB not DH...

That info on the circumstances of her discovering Darleen was new to me. I only knew the media accounts and never thought to ask you further details, I guess. :doh: I just knew she discovered her mom when she went to get her dad for work. I didn't know granny and her xbf were with her. Did grandma have the same phone line as the house? Wondering why Kraft called her.

snipped

(bolding mine)
I had read that before and each time it leaves me practically speechless. All I can think in my head are adjectives and not full sentences. bizarre, rude, backward, wrong, weird, stunning.... what kind of person does that in a time like that?!!!!!!

I'm going to try to stop suspecting LE of shoddy work, I promise. As I recall you've said this before regarding the thoroughness of the scene investigation and I should try not to forget that! Frustration leads me there is my only excuse, forgive me. :blowkiss:

In a previous post I mentioned that I hope and pray that they are witholding ALOT and I've just got to keep reminding myself to stay in that thought. It truly would make so much sense for them to be doing so considering it is highly likely they suspect the same as you do on alot of this and for them to reveal some things would be detrimental.

Justice for Terry & Darleen in 2008!

snowme... LE did comb the entire property as well as the local surrounding properties w/dogs and such. LE also combed thru local watering places and streams... Dad has a creek that runs thru the woods of his property. LE has helicopters and CSI ground crew that worked the scene. I do feel pretty sure LE did a very good job - there were just so many organizations involved... not just local.... I feel it was secured and searched best to their ability. I dont think that the scene was left or it was mis-handled.

I think that is why there was no trace evidence.. cuz the pps who murderd them were ALWAYS there or had normal contact with the house - their traces would always be there - and not get questioned.

Just remember - it was Oct.. and cold. Hunting season on... gloves and cover-alls are a norm in that area around that time... SOO it's possible to be covered and then to discard without anything to your clothes under... or gloves on... to touch...

The reason the police needed a search warrant for the rest of the property is due to the house and a certain part of the property surrounding the house in which Darleen was found was considered the "crime scene." If they had searched the rest of the property without the search warrant all the evidence found would not have been admissible in court. When they did this, I don't think they were thinking they were going to find Terry dead, they were hoping to find evidence left by the killer. The search warrant is just a legal formality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm