IN - Terry and Darleen Anderson Murder, Mungo, 22 Oct 2005 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying DK but I have to admit I find it a little baffling that Terry was not found for a few hours. Surely local police knew who Darlene and Terry were and with Terry not in the house instead of assuming he killed her and took off you would think they would search the surrounding buildings, the property with dogs, etc. Not only to look for Terry but also to look for any signs of the killers.

The reason the police needed a search warrant for the rest of the property is due to the house and a certain part of the property surrounding the house in which Darleen was found was considered the "crime scene." If they had searched the rest of the property without the search warrant all the evidence found would not have been admissible in court. When they did this, I don't think they were thinking they were going to find Terry dead, they were hoping to find evidence left by the killer. The search warrant is just a legal formality.

They had to get a search warrant to search the property eventhough a murder occured on the property? I didn't know that. That makes more sense then as to why Terry was not found right away.

YES - that's correct. You still need to get a search warrant - even tho you found a body in the house. Even if it was suspected to be natural causes ( i think:waitasec: ) you find a body - there is a process of law and requires a search warrant.

THAT was the reason Dad was not found until hours later. The house was closed off right after LE arrived at the scene and found Darleen. Not until the search warrant was signed did the entire CSI and FBI search the property w/dogs...

They had to get a search warrant to search the property eventhough a murder occured on the property? I didn't know that. That makes more sense then as to why Terry was not found right away.

Roscoe - let me get this straight. The same day the bodies of Terry and Darlene were found beaten to death the then boyfriend of their daughter was driving 4X4 around while the whole family is there, stunned, grieving, in-disbelief????
I already knew about his not going into the house after hearing the screams of his gf, Amanda which is bizarre enough and says, to I think most of us, that he did not go in to see because he already knew what they were screaming about.

The question is how much does A know? Did she find out after the fact and didn't say anything out of fear? Perhaps XBF has threatened to murder her if she goes to the police. Maybe she thinks if she goes now then she will be implicated as an accomplise, obstruction of justice, etc. That is of course based on the mere theory the XBF had a hand in this which the more we hear the more and more likely it seems.

I know DK... :confused:

This case just baffles me with every day and with every action that we all had to wittness while there for the funeral - and continues...
The direct 'disrespect'...from certain pps...

Just :eek::eek: unbelievable... I know DK...:confused:

Yes... GM was there. XBF was there (on the phone mind you ) too... The three of them... and the ONLY guy stays (knowing Darleen did not go to work) outside while two ladies - One who is 80+ yrs old and the other 20yrs.. while he stayed back on the phone...
How convenient :bang:

GM had the same phone line... SOO the phone would ring in her house too. At a certain time GM knew that Darleen was supposed to be at work and she ppbly answered the phone. I wondered why GM never did go into the house looking for Darleen. I think GM suspected something wrong and waited for 'A' to show. I never knew what time Kraft called the house.. and how long GM had to wait for 'A' to show. I am sure GM knew the routine for 'A' and "XBF" to arrive at the house.. and might have just decided to wait for them...

There were MANY times GM answered my calls while Dad or Darleen were outside or not home... She would give them the mess. I called.
(( This was before cell phones ppls...:crazy::crazy:))

Just makes me think - maybe GM did hear something and KNEW she would walk into the house with something wrong.. and that was the reason she waited??? :waitasec::waitasec:
She told me she NEVER seen or heard anything that night Dad and Darleen were murdered.
I dont know what she told LE..

Rosco

That info on the circumstances of her discovering Darleen was new to me. I only knew the media accounts and never thought to ask you further details, I guess. :doh: I just knew she discovered her mom when she went to get her dad for work. I didn't know granny and her xbf were with her. Did grandma have the same phone line as the house? Wondering why Kraft called her.

I remember reading in one of the threads about the two Larry's and someone mentioned that one of them was in their 50's. Is it Carpenter? Anyone know his status and /or middle initial/name?

Yes - same guy. Had no pblm in the barn and playing with all of dad's 'toys'. He was driving that 4x4 on the front road.... REALLY FAST... and pps at the house were commenting on how he's acting very strange...:eek:

YEP.... oK... so we are not out of our minds for questioning this behavior??? from the very person who (mind you) was LIVING with their daughter... unwed... dating for at least 1 1/2.... WORKED with the very people who were murdered.... broke bread with the very souls... was going to marry the victims' daughter.... :waitasec::waitasec:

Fear is a very big possibility gaia227. I have thought of that very fact - and still consider it being a major factor...
The mention on topix of keeping mouth closed cuz of being on 'ground zero'..and who might find out if there is talk... makes me think there sure might be FEAR from 'A'...
BUT... the behavior during and after... the lack of compassion - the lack of respect..... just does not combine with someone who is unknown to facts and is in fear. I was told (by 'A') that her friends are more important and will help her thru the murders when I asked her to consider the help Kraft offered for couseling... She refused. Said it was too much work to make appointments...and drive there.. :eek:
YOUR PARENTS WERE MURDERED and your worried about making appointments???? I just don't get that.

I HAD to seek couseling after all that happend... My friends and family just could NOT help... My DH had counseling becuz of his part and his love lost.. due to the murders... His anger was soooo out of control.. he needed help for US... our family. He needed to help ME....HELP US...!!

But making Meth in the very home sure does not show me there is fear from anything or anyone...:mad: this is WAY after XBF has been out of the picture....

Who the heck knows...

Roscoe - let me get this straight. The same day the bodies of Terry and Darlene were found beaten to death the then boyfriend of their daughter was driving 4X4 around while the whole family is there, stunned, grieving, in-disbelief????
I already knew about his not going into the house after hearing the screams of his gf, Amanda which is bizarre enough and says, to I think most of us, that he did not go in to see because he already knew what they were screaming about.

The question is how much does A know? Did she find out after the fact and didn't say anything out of fear? Perhaps XBF has threatened to murder her if she goes to the police. Maybe she thinks if she goes now then she will be implicated as an accomplise, obstruction of justice, etc. That is of course based on the mere theory the XBF had a hand in this which the more we hear the more and more likely it seems.

Larry Mack was the charector who moved into the house Thanksgiving weekend - right after the murders occured. He has since died.

Larry Carpenter is the guy who said he knew something about the murders (there is an article with this on my web-site TERRYANDDARLEEN.COM)
but lied - he thought he would get a lighter sentance.

Not sure of the middle names...

I remember reading in one of the threads about the two Larry's and someone mentioned that one of them was in their 50's. Is it Carpenter? Anyone know his status and /or middle initial/name?

Yes - same guy. Had no pblm in the barn and playing with all of dad's 'toys'. He was driving that 4x4 on the front road.... REALLY FAST... and pps at the house were commenting on how he's acting very strange...:eek:

YEP.... oK... so we are not out of our minds for questioning this behavior??? from the very person who (mind you) was LIVING with their daughter... unwed... dating for at least 1 1/2.... WORKED with the very people who were murdered.... broke bread with the very souls... was going to marry the victims' daughter.... :waitasec::waitasec:

Fear is a very big possibility gaia227. I have thought of that very fact - and still consider it being a major factor...
The mention on topix of keeping mouth closed cuz of being on 'ground zero'..and who might find out if there is talk... makes me think there sure might be FEAR from 'A'...
BUT... the behavior during and after... the lack of compassion - the lack of respect..... just does not combine with someone who is unknown to facts and is in fear. I was told (by 'A') that her friends are more important and will help her thru the murders when I asked her to consider the help Kraft offered for couseling... She refused. Said it was too much work to make appointments...and drive there.. :eek:
YOUR PARENTS WERE MURDERED and your worried about making appointments???? I just don't get that.

I HAD to seek couseling after all that happend... My friends and family just could NOT help... My DH had counseling becuz of his part and his love lost.. due to the murders... His anger was soooo out of control.. he needed help for US... our family. He needed to help ME....HELP US...!!

But making Meth in the very home sure does not show me there is fear from anything or anyone...:mad: this is WAY after XBF has been out of the picture....

Who the heck knows...

Your husband cleaned up all of the blood and the crime scenes in general, right? That alone would cause me to need counseling. Most people hire someone who specializes in that stuff, if they can afford them. I think you avoided most of the cleanup, right? (Hope so, anyways.)

YES - DH did clean-up - along with some other family members.

I was not around..

DH felt he wanted to give Dad and Darleen the respect.... the respect for someone close/family/friend - not stranger- to help.
The option for outside help was asked and he refused.

Later I found out that he wished he would have asked for the help. It was a lot more than he thought he could handle. :eek: :eek:

I understand his thoughts of respect - The whole murders were soooo hard on everyone (disrespected) and remember he was first person (outside "A" and "XBF") on the scene. He told me he 'thought' that he could handle it. He said he seen the scene.. and the bodies were gone.. BUT... deep in his heart it was sooooo hard to control... and he lost it a few times.

Your husband cleaned up all of the blood and the crime scenes in general, right? That alone would cause me to need counseling. Most people hire someone who specializes in that stuff, if they can afford them. I think you avoided most of the cleanup, right? (Hope so, anyways.)

YES - DH did clean-up - along with some other family members.

I was not around..

DH felt he wanted to give Dad and Darleen the respect.... the respect for someone close/family/friend - not stranger- to help.
The option for outside help was asked and he refused.

Later I found out that he wished he would have asked for the help. It was a lot more than he thought he could handle. :eek: :eek:

I understand his thoughts of respect - The whole murders were soooo hard on everyone (disrespected) and remember he was first person (outside "A" and "XBF") on the scene. He told me he 'thought' that he could handle it. He said he seen the scene.. and the bodies were gone.. BUT... deep in his heart it was sooooo hard to control... and he lost it a few times.

I understand his point of view. Did XBF or anyone else help out? I know they burned the couch, right? Or was that you guys, as well?

NO - XBF did NOT help.. he and his 'charming' buddy John-O (( brother in-law too i found out later )) only helped take all the stuff out of the house/barn/safe and take it to that barn where the 4x4's were being stored. "A" and 'XBF" took everything off the property that litteraly was not nailed down. Also - purchased an alarm system THAT day...for the house.

All dad's guns, 4x4's, money, power tools..ect was taken off the property and stored at some pps barn near the Cedar lake trailer. DH and I was sooo ticked off about this and told LE our concerens... guns being taken off... no list or amount being taken was written down. LE did nothing....

It was all being taken off SOOOO fast we could not catch our breathe.....:eek:

DH actually got into John-O's face and told him to chill on taking all the stuff... and John-O said he was only being told by "A"...

DH and the others burned the couch. We were told by LE it was ok to discard.

I understand his point of view. Did XBF or anyone else help out? I know they burned the couch, right? Or was that you guys, as well?

NO - XBF did NOT help.. he and his 'charming' buddy John-O (( brother in-law too i found out later )) only helped take all the stuff out of the house/barn/safe and take it to that barn where the 4x4's were being stored. "A" and 'XBF" took everything off the property that litteraly was not nailed down. Also - purchased an alarm system THAT day...for the house.

All dad's guns, 4x4's, money, power tools..ect was taken off the property and stored at some pps barn near the Cedar lake trailer. DH and I was sooo ticked off about this and told LE our concerens... guns being taken off... no list or amount being taken was written down. LE did nothing....

It was all being taken off SOOOO fast we could not catch our breathe.....:eek:

DH actually got into John-O's face and told him to chill on taking all the stuff... and John-O said he was only being told by "A"...

DH and the others burned the couch. We were told by LE it was ok to discard.

John O is a new character in all of this. What do we know of him?

More odd actions from A and the others in the time afterwards. You'd think someone would have offered to help your DH clean up.

Wonder why A would tell them to take everything away? Unless there was a concern that something might have evidence on it, so they removed it ASAP. Surprised LE let them, but I am betting it was after the investigation. I kinda wish LE had scoured the remains of the barn that they burned down, to see if anything of interest was in the ashes, know what I mean?

I don't know if I missed that before or what but that certainly goes a long way in explaining the time between finding them. Thanks for the clarification!

YES - that's correct. You still need to get a search warrant - even tho you found a body in the house. Even if it was suspected to be natural causes ( i think:waitasec: ) you find a body - there is a process of law and requires a search warrant.

THAT was the reason Dad was not found until hours later. The house was closed off right after LE arrived at the scene and found Darleen. Not until the search warrant was signed did the entire CSI and FBI search the property w/dogs...

Regarding GM, I know Rosco you already mentioned that she said she had seen nothing and heard nothing... but maybe had a feeling something wasn't right and that's why she waited on A before going up to the house that morning about the call from Darleen's work. I'm wondering if there had been a light left on in the building Terry was found in and if perhaps she had seen that light burning in the middle of the night (had she gotten up and peered out a window for no particular reason) or if she got up early enough that it was still dark outside and noticed a light burning at a time that would have been off routine for Terry to be out there? Also, wondering if the door was open or ajar on that outbuilding and shouldn't have been and maybe that gave her hesitation that morning?

Regarding GM, I know Rosco you already mentioned that she said she had seen nothing and heard nothing... but maybe had a feeling something wasn't right and that's why she waited on A before going up to the house that morning about the call from Darleen's work. I'm wondering if there had been a light left on in the building Terry was found in and if perhaps she had seen that light burning in the middle of the night (had she gotten up and peered out a window for no particular reason) or if she got up early enough that it was still dark outside and noticed a light burning at a time that would have been off routine for Terry to be out there? Also, wondering if the door was open or ajar on that outbuilding and shouldn't have been and maybe that gave her hesitation that morning?

Since they were older people grandma may have been simply been worried something had happened to her health-wise (heart attack, stroke, etc) and didn't want to be the one to find her if that was the case. She might not have been thinking murder, necessarily.

True, and as I recall GM was having a health issue at the time herself (or am I wrong). I can easily understand her not wanting to face whatever it could have been alone.

Since they were older people grandma may have been simply been worried something had happened to her health-wise (heart attack, stroke, etc) and didn't want to be the one to find her if that was the case. She might not have been thinking murder, necessarily.

Rosco,

Although the one is deceased now, is it known from where in Florida they came from? Do you have an idea as to when they came into the pic with the "xbf" and "A"?

They were both from Michigan and Fla. and I am just trying to see how they made it to Mongo, In.

Is it known how the one Larry died?

Rosco -
I know that you were in Mongo a few weeks ago for the memorial service. I was wondering if you recall hearing anything about a break in around that same time. I think it was a week or a few weeks before the memorial service. The reason I am questioning this is because when I first heard of the break in, immediately Terry and Darlene came to mind. I don't recall all the items taken but I do remember hearing that there we guns and a few electronic items. There are suspicions (sp?) on who commited this robbery. And I am just curious if anyone said anything to you about it while you were here. I know who they suspect but I don't know their names. I will have to see if I can get that info.

Now that I think about it I heard about the break in on the weekend of October 13th. So it happened right around then.

Darleen was a heavy smoker... it's possible GM just did not want to walk into the house with something she might not want to wittness.. not ness. a murder - I dont feel she would have thought.

The barn door was closed. Dad could be roaming the property at any given time...so i really don't think GM would have put a second thought into dad being outside or lights being on. really - i don't... It was hunting season in Oct and pps came and went at dad's place...at anytime really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donald Redfield