In your opinion, why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Why do you think Ron and Misty REALLY got married?

• Because they are truly in love.

Votes: 14 2.2%
  • To get her on his side/confidence.

Votes: 73 11.4%
  • To avoid statutory rape charges.

Votes: 177 27.7%
  • Because they think they won't have to testify against each other.

Votes: 156 24.4%
  • That Misty is maybe pregnant

Votes: 25 3.9%
  • Who knows..this is too bizarre to even take a guess at.

Votes: 195 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to share why I haven't voted in this poll yet.

Because I have no clue and haven't given it any thought yet. I'm being honest.

I'm still stuck on MC.

I just wanted to share why I haven't voted in this poll yet.

Because I have no clue and haven't given it any thought yet. I'm being honest.

I'm still stuck on MC.

I'm with you Kat. I didn't vote but mainly because I really don't care why they got married. I am suspicious of Misty because she isn't being straight with LE.
If she has nothing to hide then start at the beginning and tell the whole story to LE. She isn't telling the truth because she either wasn't home that night....had someone over that night and got drugged up or she has a good idea who took Haleigh. I don't think that Misty did anything to Haleigh. She isn't smart enough to hide a body to where it still hasn't been found.

I don't believe that Ron was involved and neither do LE. A guilty man will not go to Tim Miller and beg him to stay and keep searching for his daughter like Ron did the first time Tim and Co were there and LE told them they weren't needed. I know there are some people here who really want Ron to have been involved but I don't think they are going to get their wish. I've watched him on Nancy Grace and I believe he was sincere and that Haleigh was his life. Misty, I'm just not so certain and then failing the tests that she took really makes me wonder what she is hiding.

I think the marriage was forced or prompted by Misty. She probably manipulated the marriage as an act of faith that Ron and the family were not suspecting her of any involvement in Haileys disapearence. It just seesm to fit her profile and what we have observed about her. It is very very easy to see why Misty wanted the wedding and wanted it NOW!!!!

Why Ron went along with this, god only knows? I keep going around it and around it in my head, and the only viable answer I come up with is simply "he must be stupid". I can't even see a threat of statutory rape charges being enough reason to go along with this. The only patern of thought I see is his movie cliched statement of "you keep your friends close and your enemies closer", so he married her to keep her close so he could watch her and if needed exact his measure of justice, like in the movies. As I said. Stupid!

I think they got married because of money, meaning I bet he got some money from the Today show for the interview and maybe some licensing fees-

jmo

I was wondering last night, I saw a picture of the proposal in a newspaper. How did that get there? Was a reporter eating at Chili's and happened to catch the moment on film or did the family take the picture and send it to the papers? Surely not, because Ron doesn't want the attention on him, he said that. I think it was First Coast News but I'd have to look. I guess the photographer would have a credit on the picture.

I was wondering last night, I saw a picture of the proposal in a newspaper. How did that get there? Was a reporter eating at Chili's and happened to catch the moment on film or did the family take the picture and send it to the papers? Surely not, because Ron doesn't want the attention on him, he said that. I think it was First Coast News but I'd have to look. I guess the photographer would have a credit on the picture.

http://www.news4jax.com/image/18911307/detail.html

Family photo.

18911307_640X480.jpg

Thank you Donjeta. Did the family take this photo, publish it? I'm assuming but doesn't mean to be fact of course, that possibly a reporter for actionjax news took it? My point being, it would be sad if their followed around like the papparazzi does stars and have an intimate family moment captured and broadcast out in the public. If it's with their permission, guess I wouldn't be the one to object then if they don't.

Some things about this case, just doesn't sit well with me. If this couple is innocent, and they are trying to keep ahold of the little bit of family they have, it's really sad being we know the tremendous emotional pressures they face daily, the un-knowing of what and where Haleigh is.

I have to sway from my orginal opion. I now think that Ron married her to keep her close to him so when she finally gives up the truth he will act on it. Ron told Tim Miller that he keeps his friends close and his emenies closer. HUM that read allot to me. He never seem to really coverup the facts like the bed was made when he came home, they had a fight and he could not get her to answer the phone until 3:15 am. etc. and so on. I think he wants her to truly believe that he will not leave her side so he can get the truth out of her. I feel for her when the truth comes out. No man in there right mind would marry a women who may of had something to do with there daughters disappearence.

18911307_640X480.jpg

Thank you Donjeta. Did the family take this photo, publish it? I'm assuming but doesn't mean to be fact of course, that possibly a reporter for actionjax news took it? My point being, it would be sad if their followed around like the papparazzi does stars and have an intimate family moment captured and broadcast out in the public. If it's with their permission, guess I wouldn't be the one to object then if they don't.

Some things about this case, just doesn't sit well with me. If this couple is innocent, and they are trying to keep ahold of the little bit of family they have, it's really sad being we know the tremendous emotional pressures they face daily, the un-knowing of what and where Haleigh is.

No, if you look at the link you'll see that it says "Family photo" in the credits below the picture. I think it means that a family member took the photo and gave it to the news outlets.

No, if you look at the link you'll see that it says "Family photo" in the credits below the picture. I think it means that a family member took the photo and gave it to the news outlets.
Thanks Don, but still don't know if that didn't mean a descriptive concerning the photo itself instead of the original owner/taker of the photo. But you could be right. I'm going to go to the link to see if I can make it clearer in my mind.

To me that picture has always been like a slap to the face of this whole situation......makes me want to hurl.

Thanks Don, I tried to hunt for more, and couldnt find them.

]If they were so concerned with what Haleigh wanted, they would have waited until she came home so that she could be present and part of this wedding she supposedly wanted so badly. [/B]They could have got engaged, but wouldn't they have wanted to wait for Haleigh to return before marrying? The fact that they did it without her.. making a point to say that it was somehow in her honor because she wanted it.. makes me think that they knew for sure that she wouldn't be coming back home. :(

AMEN to the part I bolded. Why in the world would they rush the wedding? Why not wait till Haleigh can be there?

Ya know... just a thought, but in my experience, when I hear people say they are doing something because "it's what So-and-So would have wanted"... that usually indicates So-and-So is already gone... passed on... departed from this earth. I can say my mother or my dad would have wanted me to do this or that... because both are gone now. I would not say that my missing child "would have wanted" something.

And truth be known... I doubt that Haleigh would have cared one way or another, other than getting to dress up and be a part of the ceremony. To a 5 yr old, that would be the big to-do about it... not the marriage itself.

To me that picture has always been like a slap to the face of this whole situation......makes me want to hurl.

we agree!! Hurl is the perfect word.

Then I scrolled down and lo and behold there were more pics. In one of them RC is actually posing and smiling. The only time I have seen him smile while in Misty's presence. In my opinion this is all fake. very fake.

Someone told him to marry her for appearance purposes in my opinion.

I think they got married because of money, meaning I bet he got some money from the Today show for the interview and maybe some licensing fees-

jmo

There had also been speculation that if they went to NYC without being married, Ron Could have been charged with the Mann Act- taking a minor over state lines... I believe that detective John Merchant told him about this possibility.

There had also been speculation that if they went to NYC without being married, Ron Could have been charged with the Mann Act- taking a minor over state lines... I believe that detective John Merchant told him about this possibility.

Well, that would explain a lot, wouldn't it?

Couldn't agree with you more teh, not the sort of family moment pics you'd expect to see in the midst of one having a little 5-year-old child out there somewhere & god knows where! Same effect; Double hurl!! :puke::puke:
There is nothing good, decent, or right about it IMO!!!

JMVOO -

I do not mean to be a pain or a nag. Could you possibly provide a link to the information regarding PCSO Detective John Merchant advising Ron about the Mann Act?

I am not doubting you in the least. I have followed this saga from the very first morning. I cannot recall ever hearing or reading this before.

Thank you, LillieBelle!

we agree!! Hurl is the perfect word.

Then I scrolled down and lo and behold there were more pics. In one of them RC is actually posing and smiling. The only time I have seen him smile while in Misty's presence. In my opinion this is all fake. very fake.

Someone told him to marry her for appearance purposes in my opinion.

IMO, Ronald may want to reconsider whom he uses as advisors. I do not think that this marriage served to do anything for appearance purposes. On the contrary, it made him appear to possess very poor judgment and perhaps even skewed morals and character.

JMO. Of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member