Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She shot him last why....

I agree with practically all you stated here. To be more precise, like you, I believe some of the conversation came from that story Travis told his friends while JA pretended to be asleep on his lap. I think the part about the ninja's gun jamming means she tried to shoot him more than once but only got a click. Again, she was piecing in truth with the lies.

Thanks! Do you know if there's a copy of this with dates? A poster earlier had said that Jodi may have gone back from SLC via Sacramento. But, the purchase of an airline ticket prior to that charge (if that's the case) would be odd.

PS- Priceline also does hotels and cars, right?

I honestly have no doubt this was parking. http://www.stay123.com/sacramento-smf-airport-parking-hotel.php

a little more current, so note the slight increase. but not by much....

sacramento cnty arprt sacramento is what showed on her reciept, and it was for parking.

re: Bullet...

The bullet angled from above the right side of his forehead and lodged in his left cheek.

This tells me she was standing over top of him.

I'm still torn wondering if the gun shot came first or last.

Last. The medical examiner said that the gun shot alone would have either killed him instantly or rendered him totally incapacited. The shell casing also fell into a pool of blood already present on the floor. Also said something to the effect that there was little blood from the gun shot as he had already bled out so much that it didn't fill his sinuses or come out his nose or mouth which it would have had it been the first wound.

Personally, I don't think she wanted to use the gun and only brought it as a back up because firing it would have made a loud noise that someone might have heard and thus having the possibility of her being caught red handed by police or a neighbor. She probably also would have been afraid that the gun would get wet from the shower and possibly cause it to not fire.

Let's not forget this was a head shot at close range. I find it impossible that such a shot could be received by a person and they'd still be able to get out of the shower and down the hall on their own. People shoot themselves in the head when committing suicide with a gun for a reason - instant death.

There's no question that he died slowly and painfully. A gun shot to the head at close range as the first strike would have taken him right out and rended him either dead or entirely helpless and nearly dead. The bullet went through his forehead, bounced around shredding up his brain and lodged into his left cheek bone. There's no way that he would still have had brain function enough to do anything - move, breathe, think, etc. That gun shot all by itself would probably have instantly killed him. There's just no way that it could have come first.

The ME is going to get on the stand and shread the story of the gunshot coming first. But what else can the defense say? They can't say that Jodi was able to get away from Travis, run to the kitchen for a knife and run back and stab him in order to protect herself because then it's definitely not self-defense - she could have kept running straight out of the house screaming her head off. Running BACK to the bathroom to stab him is premeditated murder all by itself.

But remember he didn't "persuade" her until she was part way there in the RENTAL car, not her own car where she says she kept them.

JJ, if you're talking about the cd's with photos, she said they were in her briefcase where they had been for some time.

She shot him last why....

I'd have to try and think like she does and that's not easy, but it could be because of what he said in his near death experience story, "So this is how I'm going to die" Just a guess.

ETA: Or to make it look like two ninja intruders.

The jury did ask her, BUT Nurmi asked her too..right before Mr. Martinez got his turn at her, after the jury questions.

Trial Day # 29 Part 3 - start at 16:09 It's a must see! It's the last question from Nurmi, to try to save her life and she failed, big time. Here is the link.

At about 17:00, JA talks about protecting Travis's Ego.

Jodi Arias Trial - Day 29 - Part 3 - YouTube

Oh, I LOVED that part! I had to dial back the YouTube vid of that trial session a few times just for the sheer pleasure of seeing her make that epic blunder!

JMHO but if the gun shot had come first it would have also went through the roof of his mouth I would think, and therefore any screaming, cussing, etc JA claims he did after that shot would be almost impossible with a mouth full of blood. Of course her sequence of events as to when he said "F'ing kill you B*otch" depends on which testimony one would even consider buying.

I can smell what she's selling but I'm not buying any of it.

Thank you for the wonderful post. :rocker:

Now, the ok shot comes last ... why did she bother in daylight hours and all the other surrounding factors (roommates, dog, neighbours)? She could've left him there without shooting him, no?

Last. The medical examiner said that the gun shot alone would have either killed him instantly or rendered him totally incapacited. The shell casing also fell into a pool of blood already present on the floor. Also said something to the effect that there was little blood from the gun shot as he had already bled out so much that it didn't fill his sinuses or come out his nose or mouth which it would have had it been the first wound.

Personally, I don't think she wanted to use the gun and only brought it as a back up because firing it would have made a loud noise that someone might have heard and thus having the possibility of her being caught red handed by police or a neighbor. She probably also would have been afraid that the gun would get wet from the shower and possibly cause it to not fire.

Let's not forget this was a head shot at close range. I find it impossible that such a shot could be received by a person and they'd still be able to get out of the shower and down the hall on their own. People shoot themselves in the head when committing suicide with a gun for a reason - instant death.

There's no question that he died slowly and painfully. A gun shot to the head at close range as the first strike would have taken him right out and rended him either dead or entirely helpless and nearly dead. The bullet went through his forehead, bounced around shredding up his brain and lodged into his left cheek bone. There's no way that he would still have had brain function enough to do anything - move, breathe, think, etc. That gun shot all by itself would probably have instantly killed him. There's just no way that it could have come first.

The ME is going to get on the stand and shread the story of the gunshot coming first. But what else can the defense say? They can't say that Jodi was able to get away from Travis, run to the kitchen for a knife and run back and stab him in order to protect herself because then it's definitely not self-defense - she could have kept running straight out of the house screaming her head off. Running BACK to the bathroom to stab him is premeditated murder all by itself.

Does anyone know what the time stamp was on the very first picture taken (or at least what police recovered) on June 4th? I, like some others on WS, don't think Jodi was at TA's house for nearly as long as she claims.

1:44:00 - the rear closeup of JA. There are 3 more photos of JA that do not appear to have a time stamp, at least in the pics I've seen, but imo they were probably taken before the 1:44:00 pic since just 50 seconds later TA is the one being photographed. The two shots of TA were at 1:44:50 and 1:47:15, the latter enlarged from thumbnail so it is blurry.

:waitasec: I have to wonder how many murder cases were brought to trial claiming a wet naked man was going to kill them and they were unable to get away.....

Hmm...now where did i see this?

Symbols-BG.jpg

Evening fellow WSr's :seeya:

I read a few timeline's TY to those who supplied them... first time reading the police investigation report tonite and something struck me as odd and/or possibly a typo?

http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/floresinvestigationreport.pdf

Page 10 & 11 (last sentence to 1st on next page )

Travis cellular phone was located in the downstairs office of the home.
The last outgoing or incoming call was made at 1213 hours on 6-4-08.
There were other incoming calls and text messages into the phone after that, but none were never answered

Next paragraph continued stating that Travis laptop usage was 1619 hours on 6-4-08.

I think we all assumed it was 12:13 (Noon) on 6-4-08 but wouldn't that time be listed as 13:13 since police used military time with laptop time at 16:19??

IF was actually 12:13 AM asking Why the Other timeline lists out there as Travis calling JA between 3-4AM before her alleged arrival?? :waitasec:
TIA

Thank you for the wonderful post. :rocker:

Now, the ok shot comes last ... why did she bother in daylight hours and all the other surrounding factors (roommates, dog, neighbours)? She could've left him there without shooting him, no?

My thoughts are she did it for 2 possible reasons:

1 - He twitched or moved as he was dying and it freaked her out. So, she shot him just in case.

2 - To make it look like 2 people. Further staging the crime scene.

I'm leaning towards 2.

I read a few timeline's TY to those who supplied them... first time reading the police investigation report tonite and something struck me as odd and/or possibly a typo?

There were other incoming calls and text messages into the phone after that, but none were never answered

Next paragraph continued stating that Travis laptop usage was 1619 hours on 6-4-08.

I think we all assumed it was 12:13 (Noon) on 6-4-08 but wouldn't that time be listed as 13:13 since police used military time with laptop time at 16:19??

IF was actually 12:13 AM asking Why the Other timeline lists out there as Travis calling JA between 3-4AM before her alleged arrival?? :waitasec:
TIA

1213 is 1213p in military time. 1300 is 1pm. 2400 is midnight and 0001 is 1201am.

ETA: Now I'm debating 0000 for midnight...I can't remember. But, anything after is definitely 00XX. :)

1:44:00 - the rear closeup of JA. However, there are 3 more photos of JA that do not appear to have a time stamp, at least in the pics I've seen. The two shots of TA were at 1:44:50 and 1:47:15, the latter enlarged from thumbnail so it is blurry.

Thanks. So, we know she was there from 1:44 pm until 1:47:15pm. The next time we know she was there taking the shower photos was after 5pm. I don't remember the exact time of the first shower photos. She could have left for a while, told him she was leaving only to return when he was in the shower. Someone was on the computer around what, 4pm but no proof who? I just find it hard to believe she was there for 13 1/2 hours or longer. I would think Travis would have wanted to find an excuse to go do something to get away from her if she was there all that time. :truce:

JJ, if you're talking about the cd's with photos, she said they were in her briefcase where they had been for some time.

She didn't mention having a brief case that day or taking one into Travis' house

TIA

I do recall testimony that TA's laptop was accessed [not long, perhaps 20 or 30 minutes?] before the shower pics were taken. So after 4 pm would be correct.

ETA: It's at the 9:22 mark in this video of Det. Melendez' testimony. He says the last time the computer was used was 16:52 pm (or 4:52 pm) on June 4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90v_K33fnm8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee