Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #80

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I just went back and watched this despicable creature on cross. She is the DEVIL itself. Never seen anyone so disgusting. She is evil and ugliness incarnate in every sense of the word. She gets WORSE as the days go by. I cannot even watch that again till the guilty verdict is out.

I hate her, I hate her, I hate her.

This may have been brought up already but I do think there is some truth in her claims about self-defense. I think when she started stabbing Travis he fought for his life and eat me if tried to pick her up and bodyslam her. I think Jodi just conveniently forgot the first part of the situation and is going with what happened after she started to attack him. At that point she probably did feel that she had to defend herself because her life was at risk.

No way. There is no self defense in this. Not even if he comes at her after she stabbed him. That would be HIS self defense. Not hers.
Me did not body slam her. Dh and I talked about this and I had him show me how he would body slam her. Guess where the head would be? ;)

If Travis went after her with any strength she would have been really injured. The fact that he died there and she got away shows how she calculated and planned attack and brutally attacked him quick fast and brutal.

Perhaps someone who is knowledgeable about how to do it can bring over Minors excellent post as far as the mileage and gas situation. Also, minor, did you know that in the last thread that was just shut down that someone said the car was returned empty of gas.

And another request for minor or someone else can do it? Minor I think it was, did a fabulous presentation of why JuAn is doing his questioning the way he is. Because she is a sociopath or psychopath. Can someone bring that 1 over too?

TIA

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I don't know how to bring over the whole post, but here is a link to Minor4ths timeline:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #79

That post was by Morman attorney, and really got to me. I wish I knew how to bring it over. It is IMO, one of the best posts I've read to help me understand how Juan interacts with her and why.
I wish it could be at the start of every thread - that's how much I liked it.

I brought it over, page six. It's great work

OMG I just went back and watched this despicable creature on cross. She is the DEVIL itself. Never seen anyone so disgusting. She is evil and ugliness incarnate in every sense of the word. She gets WORSE as the days go by. I cannot even watch that again till the guilty verdict is out.

Her eyes remind me of a sharks.

I don't think he's incompetent (and don't forget he's got a DP qualified lawyer beside him). I do wonder if he's done many murder trials. At this point, he's just wandering the Jodi wasteland and doesn't know what else to do.

That reminds me of something I thought of the other day.
At the beginning of the trial JW seemed to be the main lawyer starting with opening statements. Over a short time she did less and less questioning and also seemed quite frustrated several times. Does anyone else get the feeling she was originally going to do most of the questioning but then turned it over to Nurmi?

I am new to the board. I was wondering with her terrible eyesight (she was not wearing glasses then) how was she able to see the picture of the "little boy" from the doorway. Also, let's be thankful she did not get pregnant the day she killed him.

I agree and am finally satisfied, because the poor quality of these photos has always irked me. To me, the photos prove that at best (if he was aware), the photo shoot was an excuse to set him up for slaughter. Why? Because these are not remotely quality photos, just carelessly snapped. The poor quality of these photos in and of themselves, suggests premeditation to me if she is arguing it was a photo shoot.

Agree she set him up
Darryl said under oath that she. Took pictures of him in the shower and shaving
I can bet that she's done that with every man she's bedded,
What comes to my mind! She went to Costa Rica slept with a guy she met! Than after they broke up she went back there to visit his family. This girl has many patterns of odd behaviour.

That reminds me of something I thought of the other day.
At the beginning of the trial JW seemed to be the main lawyer starting with opening statements. Over a short time she did less and less questioning and also seemed quite frustrated several times. Does anyone else get the feeling she was originally going to do most of the questioning but then turned it over to Nurmi?

maybe they'll toss it back and forth. i've seen other trials where they trade off with certain witnesses.

maybe wilmott will do the experts?

i actually hope she does because i honestly don't want to hear nurmi's voice again for awhile.

I'm pretty sure there was a charge for tire service on her bankstatement.
ETA:

gas.jpg
Thanks! Do you know if there's a copy of this with dates? A poster earlier had said that Jodi may have gone back from SLC via Sacramento. But, the purchase of an airline ticket prior to that charge (if that's the case) would be odd.

PS- Priceline also does hotels and cars, right?

I believe she came prepared and had her "tire-slashing" knife in her backpack along with the gun, and that the knife was used first to inflict the chest wound.

MOO

I forgot about her previous exposure to knives. Yeah she probably had it on her. I still believe it was a premeditated shoot first scenario though.

I don't think she had a choice. I think she intertwined her ninja story about the gun jamming. It really would not take much time at all to run to the kitchen. 45 seconds is an awful long time. I don't think he could have had his throat slashed in the accidental pictures. I can't imagine him being able to lift his head like that. JMO

I'm curious if he had a phone upstairs she said she didn't know because he probably did. Has anyone seen his bedroom pics? Oh well she had her cell phone upstairs ?

I don't agree. I live in a house very similar to TA's. If I was in a hurry I could definitely make it downstairs to my kitchen and back again in no time. If he was struggling down the hall to get help she could have caught him in the hall. That is kind of what I believe happened.

Could you time it and let us know how long it takes?

See my post #182 above for a copy of the transcription of DB's testimony under cross.

Yes, she's been in jail since 15th July '08 and was extradited to AZ on 5th Sep '08 to face the murder charge. Dinner must be a loose term, at most involving sandwichs, and presided over by guards. Odd one this.

DB met with Jonathan Leech by himself. j.a. was NOT there... she simply coordinated with DB and told him who to meet and what to talk about/ask for.

i've transcribed DBs testimony from his cross examination with Mr. Martinez (from the video i linked to prior to this post - #212)

--
JM: Sir, you also discussed with her though, or you advised her didn't you, about, at some point, about contact with the media, didn't you? after this conversation that we just talked about, some time after the arrest you had a conversation with her about giving interviews and contact with the media, didn't you?

DB: I wouldn't classify the conversation as that, no.

JM: Well, she talked to you about giving an iterview to somebody from 48 hours by the name of Jonathan Leech, do you remember that?

DB: No.

JM: So, do you remember ever having dinner and meeting Jonathan Leech?

DB: Oh, yes, I did.

JM: And with regard to the defendant, isn't it true that you indicated that the defendant wanted all this publicity that was being generated by this case because she wanted to get money?

DB. No.

--

i hope this helps.

maybe they'll toss it back and forth. i've seen other trials where they trade off with certain witnesses.

maybe wilmott will do the experts?

i actually hope she does because i honestly don't want to hear nurmi's voice again for awhile.

They might trade off a bit but he is Jodi's Attorney (Primary, Non Death Qualified) Willmott is her Attorney (Secondary, Death Qualified) She had to get on and stay on once the hearing took place back in 2006 or 07? when they asked for the Death Penalty.

In order for Nurmi to ever be Death Qualified he has to try this case and more. She is probably "directing traffic" you might say.

I also noticed how many times Nurmi brought up TA calling her a three holed wonder. I believe TA may have called her that one time in an email or text.

Nurmi has tried to make the jury think that this was something he called her numerous times, almost like a nickname just by repeating it over and over again. Though it's obvious the jury isn't buying it.[/QUO

On one of the recordings didn't she tell Travis she 'loved it' when he talked 'dirty'? He was just trying to oblige her....

Have we seen this term used in a text or email anywhere? I don't think I've even seen it or heard it from anyone but Nurmi! But I only started watching when Jodi took the stand... TIA

Quite maddening isn't it? I feel and share your frustration 1000%

Resentful, hollow and ugly, she chose to extinguish the beauty in someone else that she, herself, never possessed. An anomaly deserving of the death penalty if ever there was one.

If this answer isn't the dumbest one I've heard in all my life. She is mind-numbingly stupid.

Question from a juror:How did Travis' anger escalate after you shot him?
JA's answer: I don't remember the words he was saying but he was angrier, he was screaming more, he was cursing more, and we had fallen over right after that shot occurred and he was grabbing at my clothes and grabbing at me and again as soon as I broke away he threatened my life.

Um what?

I've been on WS for a while...and I hate to see trouble coming. Please, everyone, attack a post...NOT a poster. And, no need to telgraph what you're going to do. IIRC, that's against TOS also.
Thanks.

i don't think the timeline allows for her to run downstairs and back up with the knife. IMO, she had to have it right there.

You are probably right, but I don't think it would be impossible. She shot him in head/face, so he would be totally incapacitated, and he couldn't get very far ~ maybe he was trying to get out of the bathroom & that's when she got back upstairs and stabbed him in the heart. I don't know. I just think it's "possible" that she had time. I don't think it would take her very long to go and get it. I might have to de-ETify my thoughts. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966