Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I'd think the "disagreements" with her parents about rules and consequences would be part and parcel of her teenage onset. :twocents:

they could be....i was thinking more about stalker/obsessive behavior. Unless someone does the research and knows what to look for most people won't realize that is what they are dealing with.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I heard on Insessions the last fews days.

ja said she had on Shoes and socks when answering a jury question about injuries. She was talking about her ankle injuries.

She she is walking around in the house with long pants, socks over shoes.

Seems to me that shows premeditation, why have socks over shoes unless you don't want blood on your shoes when you leave?

I think that even with the socks over the shoes there still would have been a TON of blood that soaked thru the socks onto the shoes. I think she stripped down showered and threw all the blood stuff in a garbage bag to burn in the middle of nowhere. Otherwise there would have been blood all over the house.

Remember her saying when she came to in the car her hands were covered in blood? How come no blood on his bedroom door, bedroom door handle, front door, dishwasher (if she really did use his knife), rental car and so on. I believe she drug him to the shower shot him to make sure he was really dead. Then she showered off all of the blood from the struggle. In no frickin way do I believe she just magically walked out of that house covered in his blood in the middle of daylight and managed to not get a single drop of blood anywhere in that house or the rental car. Believe me if I saw some broad driving down the street covered in blood I would call the police. Even more so if the license plate was upside down. I think she did the whole license plate thing after she dumped off the gun, knife and clothes in the desert. :twocents:

As far as laughing I refer mostly to some talking heads on HLN, the so called experts keeping score.

I am really not watching HLN that much because I am sick of all the sex talk and Jodi almost having a climax on the stand when she is questioned about it. I think the people on HLN maybe laughing at the absurd answers JA gives to the questions as well as all the contradictions and inconsistencies.

I will be glad when the trial resumes. jmo

BBM:

:seeya: The first time I heard that tape, my hinky meter went off as well ... :waitasec: but then again, my hinky meter is always going off :innocent:

Anyway, I also wondered IF -- IF it was put together by JA and someone else ? Ah yes, her buddy Gussy ...

JMO but there is something "off" about that tape ... and Travis sounds like he is "drunk" -- which we know he was not !

:moo:

I have always said that parts of the tape sound blurred/slurred and not a clear as others, as if it was altered or it wasn't Travis at all!

of the Trial can my attorney sleep through before his assistance is ineffective"?

How Long Can Your Lawyer Nap Before It's "Ineffective Assistance of Counsel"?
Answer: A lawyer is "effective" for this purpose as long as he or she is conscious for a "substantial portion" of trial. See, e.g., Muniz v. Smith, No. 09-2324 (6th Cir. July 29, 2011).

When that was written in 2011, the article noted that four federal courts had considered the question and the "substantial portion" test was the result. Of course, it is a little different for DP cases where they draw the line at counsel being "repeatedly unconscious".

(A "not insubstantial" portion will also work, as the Fifth Circuit once ruled in a death-penalty case where defense counsel had been "repeatedly unconscious" during trial.)

http://www.loweringthebar.net/2011/08/how-long-can-your-lawyer-nap.html

I hope she's not counting on that. The standard for 'effective counsel' appears to be very, very low!

http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/ineffective-assistance-of-counsel.html

"Ineffective assistance of counsel is when an attorney's services to a defendant in a criminal case fall so far short of what a reasonably competent attorney would do that it violates the Sixth Amendment of the Constitution. In other words, the counsel for the defendant was so ineffective that the counsel could hardly be considered an attorney, thus negating the “right to an attorney” as promised by the Constitution."

BBM

Agreed. I'd think the "disagreements" with her parents about rules and consequences would be part and parcel of her teenage onset. :twocents:

I agree and she admitted on the stand to an alcohol blackout at 14 or 15.

Repost! Hysterical video of Jodi's testimony! Do yourself a favor and watch it. You will be in stiches.:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Jodi Arias: Never Before Seen Testimony - YouTube

OMG!

applause_zps00d05059.gif

What If There Is Abuse Or
Violence In My Relationship?
There is a continuum of behaviors within a relationship that can be called abusive. They range from being slightly disrespectful to your partner, such as raising your voice in an argument; increasing to using physical violence to control the partner. Most disrespectful and violent behavior is about controlling the partner. There is a common understanding that these men and women do not change. This is only true when the person is not getting treatment. Research shows that about 5% of violent relationships are where females are doing the intimidation. I often hear from men that the women they are with are violent with them, and that they should be in treatment. Of course, this statement usually precedes that man's full change in his behavior. But, more important than this is a fact that most of us who peruse newspaper headlines can confirm just with our anecdotal experience.

When a woman is violent with a man,
it might be embarrassing & maybe painful for the man.

When a man gets violent with a woman
It can mean life and death!

==============================================

This is from LaViolettes DV Website. Frightening, imo, the way she dismisses violence from women.

http://www.realhope.com/home_study_course.php

Looks like there was a hearing today to admit the business records from Tesoro and Walmart!!!

Go Juan!!!

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?casenumber=CR2008-031021

She is completely screwed now....the anticipation is killing me.

I still find it hilarious that she had the audacity to say "I was NEVER in SLC" then change it to "oh I dont know where the city limits are" then to *stunned* when juan dropped the bank statement bomb shell.

Can't describe how much excitement I am feeling for tomorrow! !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

:seeya: WOW ... Thank You Sunny-In-Az for this update !

:great: I can't wait to see JA's face when these records come in -- especially the records from Walmart about the 3rd gas can !

:great:

I got butterflies in my stomach when I read it!

she isn't Caucasian. She is a rare female sociopath/psychopath and-in another rarity-taking the stand. Her crime (the brutality of it) is relatively rare among females. Those are the reasons why its fascinating. The sex part is for the media only....who hypes that part up.

I seriously doubt female sociopaths are rare. I know what you meant here: It's rare that they are so fully exposed.

I suspect female sociopaths fly under the radar more. Perhaps it has to do with the different strategies women use, ability to engage proxies more, or generally better talent at manipulation that doesn't often come out in overt violent or antisocial acts.

It's not that women sociopaths are rare, but, pure speculation here, women make more effective sociopaths and better escape detection.

Societal expectations play into it. I'm chronically annoyed by the assumptions of programs like ID's "Snapped". They do portray women who "snap" but some of the "snappers" are female serial poisoners that kill a string of husbands for insurance money. That's a weird idea of "snapping".

The other side of the coin of sexism is to put women, as a whole, on a pedestal, which often treats women are less than complete human beings, without agency and often as mental and moral children. You make excuses for children you never would for adults and that seems to be what's happening even here in this case when talking heads continue to women what it is Travis Alexander did to set her off, as if he's the only one with agency (and in a sense, responsibility) in the relationship.

I get a sense of that with the insistance that Travis Alexander was "using her for sex" or "thinking with his little head".

You know what Travis Alexander was? He was a nice, somewhat pudgy, sexually inexperienced guy who met a predator in a pretty shell, who he first thought was just the nicest girl in the world and that first impression persisted long after someone with the omniscience of hindsight would tell him to run like his life depended on it. The only thing I would fault him for was being basically a pitchman for a Multi-Level Marketing scheme. He was the guy who convinced you to sell for AmWay and was a "motivational speaker" in the same way Arias is described as a "photographer" rather than what she was, which was a waitress.

But that's the point: The preferred narrative trumps reality. Seriously, if I hear some talking head call Arias a photographer, like she ever got paid for it from someone who wasn't a friend or family, I will scream.

The Jodi Arias act is no different than Ted Bundy with a cast on his arm. Which sounds cunning and clumsy when Bundy did it, but it's own own societal attitudes and expectations that let Arias get away with her "poor little helpless me" predatory act.

It's as if we peer too hard at it, the whole apple pie facade will come apart.

Maybe we need a t-shirt made that reads "Women: Just as Evil as Men, Only in Nicer Pastel Colors".

I have always said that parts of the tape sound blurred/slurred and not a clear as others, as if it was altered or it wasn't Travis at all!

BBM:

:seeya: I was thinking this -- BUT, Travis' family heard it so they would have said something if it was not him ...

:waitasec: Wait -- can you do a voice comparison ?

The video of Travis that Dr. Drew had on last week -- the one where Travis is telling the story to his friends -- compare that voice to the tape played in court ...

KWIM ? May not help but ya never know !

:seeya:

Thanks for the link, but in some ways it confuses me even more.

For example, in January 2008, Jodi sends a couple of sexually suggestive texts. Well, at least on the timeline, there's no response from Travis. Maybe he just deleted them with an eyeroll.

In March, TA & JA travel to Oklahoma & Texas together.

By April she's leaving Mesa, although we don't have the date. Sometime in April, Travis sends her a very angry text accusing her of doing something to which she should confess. On April 20th, before or after (we don't know), he sends her a text saying she's the prettiest girl he knows.

On May 10th they have that phone conversation. Perhaps it is in the early morning hours (what we might call the night of the 9th). If you listen to it, even just the beginning, before all the sex talk, Travis sounds what I would call "fun and flirty." No anger there. He also refers to an incident at the PPL conference in Oklahoma the previous Oct. or Nov. where Abe was talking to Jodi. He talks about his annoyance that Abe was "hitting on my girlfriend." Yet this is supposedly many months after they broke up.

The later that same day, he sends her another extremely angry email about her invading his privacy.

Then 2 weeks later comes the long text where he calls her a sociopath.

With the information we have, this is quite a roller coaster ride. I think we're missing a great deal of info. I'm just having a hard time putting it all together.

Some of that timeline is not accurate and it is missing info - I think that timeline was created before the trial started

For example the angry texts that are said to be sent on May 10 were actually sent on May 26. Huffington Post for some reason incorrectly dated them May 10 and that's probably where the timeline author picked that up.

Looks like there was a hearing today to admit the business records from Tesoro and Walmart!!!

Go Juan!!!

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/CivilCourtCases/caseInfo.asp?casenumber=CR2008-031021

Well after the 10 mins it took me to find what I was looking for....
;)

Well done Juan. She is cooked. It is going to show 3rd gas can was never returned and that she could only have bought gas at that gas station..

Somehow I think she is going to try and change her story.. But she is cooked..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor