Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wasn't this already done? :waitasec: Did they wait for her to lie to get the records so the defense didn't know where the prosecution was going?

Has anyone seen the motion? Seems like peeps are assuming it's the State's motion. But it seems like it would be the defense motion to compel production of Tesoro and Walmart records already in the State's possession. I can't tell from the minute entry.

Why wasn't this already done? :waitasec: Did they wait for her to lie to get the records so the defense didn't know where the prosecution was going?

Excellent point.. If the defense knew the records were obtained prior to the trial and the records showed no return then I'm sure JA would have sung a very different tune.. And the prosecution wants concrete evidence she lies on the stand...
Moo! :)

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Earrings?

1adweird-dog-driving-car-cut.jpg

And now back to our regularly scheduled forum...

Has anyone else noticed that for all the "glib superficial charm" Jodi Arias really never displays much of a sense of humor? I don't mean on the stand, although she claims she "tried to think of something witty" when she caught Travis Alexander masturbating, but if you look at Travis Alexander's MySpace page where she commented, there are attempts at off-the-cuff humor (claiming a Mach 3 Razor is adequate as a Mach 4 is a waste of metal) that just fall flat.

Is this the case with most sociopaths/psychopaths? I wouldn't be surprised as much humor is based on a sort of mental bait and switch, where the "punchline" is a reversal of expectation (Look..a dog driving a car!) which requires putting oneself in the mental state of another to anticipate the set up.

That is, comedy is a certain form of empathy.

Well, you definitely have a great sense of humor-love the pic!
I always heard that sociopaths don't have a sense of humor. I believe in either Hare's or Stout's book, it talks about how humor requires irony and subtleness, and both are totally lost on socios. I think somewhere it was said that they know the words, but not the music...meaning they don't get the subtle nuances that make up the depth of human emotions and our interactions with each other.

Originally Posted by Callisto
Can anyone provide me with more details on what MM posted on a website in January 2013? I remember hearing about it, but I can't remember clearly! When was it posted in January, what did it say and on which website?? TIA!

It was posted on the site that has me banned. :wink:

I remember reading his post, which basically said that he remembered seeing her neck bruises and they were covered with make up to hide them.

And he was asked why he was not testifying for her and he said that he had to think of his own family first and that it would cause him to lose his job, for some reason. I ddn't understand why it would lose him his job though.

Matt McCartney [COMMENT RE-POST]
Here’s another interesting post from Matt McCartney - detailing his 2 year relationship with Jodi – originally posted Jan 3rd 2013:

Take a look at her permanently deformed hand, where he broke her finger in one of his many angry outbursts.
Q. Why wasn’t it set?
A. She didn’t go to the hospital that’s why. She was protecting him.
Q. Why didn’t she go to the hospital???
A. Because a report would be made that could lead back to him and he knew it.
Jodi is an artist. Her hands are a critical element in her life. Not only is she a photographer, she is also a painter.
I personally witnessed the purple finger shaped bruises on her neck. She originally claimed was from a seat belt. Later, after much debate, she admitted they were from him. She assured me that: “He is a good man” and “He didn’t mean it”.
In one of our many conversations, I asked her why she wouldn’t “Just leave him.”
She said: “I can’t leave him, you don’t understand, I’ve tried. He wont let me!” She refused to elaborate.
I was Jodi’s boyfriend for around two years and in that time, she wouldn’t so much as squish a bug. I caught her on many occasions, fishing bugs out of the tub, so they wouldn’t get washed down the drain. She had this crazy neurotic cat, that would flip out and attack her for no reason and she didn’t so much as swat it. Jodi is NOT a violent person!
When we ended our relationship, I was living and working at a distance. During that period, I began spending time with a colleague. One of my douche bag coworkers decided to “inform” her. There was lots of crying, many talks and a few letters. She was NEVER VIOLENT in any way. We remained friends and since then, she had a few other relationships ending with Travis. I personally know the man she was with before Travis. He and Jodi maintained a friendly relationship after they parted. He also had NO issues with violence. So why now? What changed?
Before Jodi was arrested we would talk on a regular basis. I am one of her longest lasting friends and former lovers. I could be a important character witness. At one point, I asked Jodi to leave me out of this situation, so as not draw attention to myself or my new family and since then, she has.
Her life is on the line. She could get the death penalty. Yet she’s made it a point not to involve me.
Why? Because I asked her not to….
That is the kind of person Jodi is!”

IF IT'S NOT OK TO HAVE POSTED THIS, WOULD A MOD PLEASE REMOVE IT.

Well, you definitely have a great sense of humor-love the pic!
I always heard that sociopaths don't have a sense of humor. I believe in either Hare's or Stout's book, it talks about how humor requires irony and subtleness, and both are totally lost on socios. I think somewhere it was said that they know the words, but not the music...meaning they don't get the subtle nuances that make up the depth of human emotions and our interactions with each other.

Sooo... Can we assume she would not find humor in the Jodi Arias - Never Before Seen Testimony on You Tube? (see above)

:giggle:

I am curious about that as well. These receipts are from way back on that initial search warrent at her GM's house. They were therefore made available to DT as discovery. Of course Juan didn't know she would claim returning the can until she testified.:waitasec:

Has anyone seen the motion? Seems like peeps are assuming it's the State's motion. But it seems like it would be the defense motion to compel production of Tesoro and Walmart records already in the State's possession. I can't tell from the minute entry.

Yeah it is amazing what the THs don't know.
IIRC to CMA LOL!! AZlawyer explained many many days ago that she no longer appears on these shows unless it's on behalf on a client because the TH's are given scripts for the position the producer wants them to take and even their spats are pre-planned. Ever since I read that post, my blood pressure no longer rises and I'm able to turn the channel without worrying I'm missing something.

The lastest update to the court doc reads like this. Party (001) is the State.

3/12/2013 005 - ME: Hearing - Party (001) 3/12/2013
3/12/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 3/12/2013
NOTE: TO COMPEL; BUSINESS RECORDS FROM WAL-MART AND TESORO
3/12/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 3/12/2013
NOTE: TO COMPEL CRIMINAL HISTORY OF TRAVIS ALEXANDER
3/11/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/11/2013
3/8/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/8/2013
3/8/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/8/2013
3/8/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 3/8/2013
NOTE: STATES FOURTEENTH SUPPLEMENTAL
3/6/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 3/6/2013
3/5/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001)

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...rtCases/caseInfo.asp?caseNumber=CR2008-031021

Matt McCartney [COMMENT RE-POST]
Here’s another interesting post from Matt McCartney - detailing his 2 year relationship with Jodi – originally posted Jan 3rd 2013:

Take a look at her permanently deformed hand, where he broke her finger in one of his many angry outbursts.
Q. Why wasn’t it set?
A. She didn’t go to the hospital that’s why. She was protecting him.
Q. Why didn’t she go to the hospital???
A. Because a report would be made that could lead back to him and he knew it.
Jodi is an artist. Her hands are a critical element in her life. Not only is she a photographer, she is also a painter.
I personally witnessed the purple finger shaped bruises on her neck. She originally claimed was from a seat belt. Later, after much debate, she admitted they were from him. She assured me that: “He is a good man” and “He didn’t mean it”.
In one of our many conversations, I asked her why she wouldn’t “Just leave him.”
She said: “I can’t leave him, you don’t understand, I’ve tried. He wont let me!” She refused to elaborate.
I was Jodi’s boyfriend for around two years and in that time, she wouldn’t so much as squish a bug. I caught her on many occasions, fishing bugs out of the tub, so they wouldn’t get washed down the drain. She had this crazy neurotic cat, that would flip out and attack her for no reason and she didn’t so much as swat it. Jodi is NOT a violent person!
When we ended our relationship, I was living and working at a distance. During that period, I began spending time with a colleague. One of my douche bag coworkers decided to “inform” her. There was lots of crying, many talks and a few letters. She was NEVER VIOLENT in any way. We remained friends and since then, she had a few other relationships ending with Travis. I personally know the man she was with before Travis. He and Jodi maintained a friendly relationship after they parted. He also had NO issues with violence. So why now? What changed?
Before Jodi was arrested we would talk on a regular basis. I am one of her longest lasting friends and former lovers. I could be a important character witness. At one point, I asked Jodi to leave me out of this situation, so as not draw attention to myself or my new family and since then, she has.
Her life is on the line. She could get the death penalty. Yet she’s made it a point not to involve me.
Why? Because I asked her not to….
That is the kind of person Jodi is!”

IF IT'S NOT OK TO HAVE POSTED THIS, WOULD A MOD PLEASE REMOVE IT.

Smart cat!

I was wondering, do you think there will be a problem in regards to the length of time lapsed in Walmart and Tessero still having these records available? What is the normal time frame to keep such mundane record keeping?

I am curious about that as well. These receipts are from way back on that initial search warrent at her GM's house. They were therefore made available to DT as discovery. Of course Juan didn't know she would claim returning the can until she testified.:waitasec:

BBM: Good point. If Juan did have the records, then the defense would have them too. I guess we shall see. Never a dull moment. :floorlaugh:

For anyone that was banned and wanting to read on THAT site:

Google Proxy server......there are many proxy sites that will send you go to that website address without your IP showing up. I just did and it works.

:guitar:Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love ya Tomorrow, Your only a day away:great::great:

:rollercoaster:

I don't know about ya'll but I don't know what I am going to do with myself after this trial is over. These last few days have gone by so slow for me. Ready to see Juan pounce again!!
Luka Magnotta's trial is coming up at years end. :what:

I have no clue why you quoted my post. I was asking a question of the OP, not "assuming" anything.

Can you post the minute entry please? Thank in advance.

The OP was that Juan filed a motion for the records. Your post said "why wasn't this already done." That's why I jumped off it.

The minute entry has already been posted and is readily available on the public website. It doesn't indicate who filed the motion.

Sooo... Can we assume she would not find humor in the Jodi Arias - Never Before Seen Testimony on You Tube? (see above)

:giggle:

Too funny...i guess we can assume she won't find the subtle humor to her liking. Love that vid, genius. :D

:hourglass:Count down.

Will Jodi be able to hide her ugly? :tantrum:

Will she get trapped under her lies? :bricks:

:seeya: A good night's sleep to All....................................... :eek:fftobed:

Just two hours ago I was stating that he said "would you be surprised if", thinkinking that rules of discovery would mandate that the prosecution had already turned over evidence of Walmart (and Tenesco too ). So yep, was where my mind was going is that strategically and Purposefully imho the PA didn not get that information prior to trial so they would not have to share it and give her false sense of security (or insecurity, lol)

I bet that the investigators have talked with both corporate attys before hand to give them a heads up this was coming and could be expedited as the information may or may not have already gone onto archives and they do not want time to retrieve to delay the trial. I also think he purposefully waited to do this on Tuesday versus Friday or Monday so that DT had already met with Jodi and experts over the weekend.

Their house of cards is falling apart and this is just ....ooh so grat! Glad that Katie will be with Jeanine Driver tomorrow in court so they can ready Nurmi and Wilcotts body language, lol!

Love me some Juan tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member