Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that struck me about the hair thing. I know she has changed her hair in the past but I did wonder if some motivation for changing her hair back to her original colour was that Mimi Hall is also a brunette.
I remember when I saw Mimi Hall on the stand, how similar they looked.

Perhaps another way to try and keep Travis, emulate a woman who he had a current interest in and also saw as a prospective future wife.

She dyed her hair and it looked exactly like Deanna's hair. My personal belief is that she did that in case she was spotted leaving and someone might assume it was Deanna. IMO, she had been pondering this for awhile. She did something that prompted TA to be hurt and he ended everything. That was the catalyst that put her plan in motion. Nothing about her deeds were spontaneous. JMO

I wanted to comment on her 'he-man' strength that day. I think in the past it has been mentioned from those in health related fields-( me too), pulling, tugging and in this case sliding a body in an adrenaline fueled situation is not as difficult a feat as imagined. It's like- this has to happen- so it will, kinda feeling. The getting him into the shower was likely the most difficult and likely ticked her off as it caused a bit more hands on than she had wished to have. So sad for her.

I find it hard to believe the whole Walmart story in regards to the refund. On a "limited budget" on a long trip, I would think cash would be something JA would use for her precious Starbucks.

I think left nostril is "no" and right nostril is "yes". Sometimes it looks painful how far up the left one he has to go to get her attention. :floorlaugh: His whole manner is just revolting.

I guess if he ever shoves his fingers in his eyeballs that means "dear Lord, get me out of here before I have to run up there and put duct tape over her mouth!".
:floorlaugh:

I honestly feel sorry for Nurmi sometimes stuck with this evil kook.

How do we know that Arias didn't give her dog food for days? I heard that somewhere. What an evil person! And then she has the nerve to pretend as though she liked Napolean. I bet Napolean hated her. Dogs have such amazing sense about these things. Yay for man's best friend. :)

Well, we know her cat hates her. Animals do have that sense about a person's character. Somehow they seem to know immediately, too.

I came across this quote while searching for something unrelated to Jodi Arias, but I think it is quite apropos -

THE COVETOUS SOCIOPATH

Sociopaths do not always have a covetous nature, but when they do, a fascinating and frightening picture emerges. Since it is simply not possible to steal and have for oneself the most valuable possessions of another person: beauty, intelligence, success, a strong character, the covetous psychopath settles for besmirching or damaging enviable qualities in others so that they will not have them, either, or at least not be able to enjoy them so much.

Since this clandestine power game is priority number one, all of the covetous sociopath's deceitfulness and tolerance for risk are devoted to it. For the sake of the game, she may devise schemes and perform acts that most of us would consider outrageous and potentially self-destructive, in addition to cruel.

And yet when such a person is around us in our lives, even on a daily basis, we are often oblivious to her activities. The actions taken by the covetous sociopath are often so outlandish, and so gratuitously mean, that we refuse to believe they were intentional, or even that they happened at all. In this way, her true nature is usually invisible to the group. She can easily hide in plain sight among genuinely intelligent, professional people.

When people do not provoke in [the sociopath] a desire for something they have, or for something they are, then she does not target them. To the contrary, she may be especially charming and courteous when she believes that certain underlings, as she thinks of them, are useful in maintaining her sheep's-clothing disguise, a disguise that includes a presentation of herself as an extraordinarily nice, caring, responsible, and pitiably overworked person.

This is from The Sociopath Next Door: Martha Stout: 9780767915823: Amazon.com: Books

Matt McCartney [COMMENT RE-POST]
Here’s another interesting post from Matt McCartney - detailing his 2 year relationship with Jodi – originally posted Jan 3rd 2013:

Take a look at her permanently deformed hand, where he broke her finger in one of his many angry outbursts.
Q. Why wasn’t it set?
A. She didn’t go to the hospital that’s why. She was protecting him.
Q. Why didn’t she go to the hospital???
A. Because a report would be made that could lead back to him and he knew it.
Jodi is an artist. Her hands are a critical element in her life. Not only is she a photographer, she is also a painter.
I personally witnessed the purple finger shaped bruises on her neck. She originally claimed was from a seat belt. Later, after much debate, she admitted they were from him. She assured me that: “He is a good man” and “He didn’t mean it”.
In one of our many conversations, I asked her why she wouldn’t “Just leave him.”
She said: “I can’t leave him, you don’t understand, I’ve tried. He wont let me!” She refused to elaborate.
I was Jodi’s boyfriend for around two years and in that time, she wouldn’t so much as squish a bug. I caught her on many occasions, fishing bugs out of the tub, so they wouldn’t get washed down the drain. She had this crazy neurotic cat, that would flip out and attack her for no reason and she didn’t so much as swat it. Jodi is NOT a violent person!
When we ended our relationship, I was living and working at a distance. During that period, I began spending time with a colleague. One of my douche bag coworkers decided to “inform” her. There was lots of crying, many talks and a few letters. She was NEVER VIOLENT in any way. We remained friends and since then, she had a few other relationships ending with Travis. I personally know the man she was with before Travis. He and Jodi maintained a friendly relationship after they parted. He also had NO issues with violence. So why now? What changed?
Before Jodi was arrested we would talk on a regular basis. I am one of her longest lasting friends and former lovers. I could be a important character witness. At one point, I asked Jodi to leave me out of this situation, so as not draw attention to myself or my new family and since then, she has.
Her life is on the line. She could get the death penalty. Yet she’s made it a point not to involve me.
Why? Because I asked her not to….
That is the kind of person Jodi is!”

IF IT'S NOT OK TO HAVE POSTED THIS, WOULD A MOD PLEASE REMOVE IT.

Quoting the test for clarification.

I so not believe that Matt McCartney posted this.
I think someone wrote it in his name, especially if it is on the "site" not to
be trusted.

BBM

ITA. I would bet my car on it. This smells like a fake- it has elements in it that are completely uncharacteristic of guy speak.

Would still like MM to make a legit appearance though, at least to clear up his involvement in this one way or the other. He's got as much credibility as Eric Cartman right now.

IF she gets the DP, it looks like the number of visitations will be fairly tight. Who will be on her visitor list? And how far away will visitors have to travel? Will her mother be a regular? I'm still wondering about their relationship -- how it is now -- are they close? I have no feel about whether her mom will make the trip or whether she wants to visit her... Somebody will have to give her "snack bar money." Who will provide it??

One of the juror's question was about the relationship between her and her mom today. Her answer was "it's complicated"

PS is she allowed to get on FB?

I am sure Juan has checked it out thoroughly. If it is impeachment evidence or rebuttal evidence he does not have to turn it over to the defense.

The DT should have long ago found out about this. It just shows how slow they are and have to take hints from Juan to do their case.

IMO

Ooo...I didn't know that re impeachment/rebuttal evidence. Just when I thought I couldn't look forward to the rebuttal phase more than I already do, I find now that I can. Thanks much.

don't you just love it when she starts running at the mouth and her own atty objects because she already testified that she couldn't remember......LOL

im pretty sure he has spoken to someone but now needs the actual physical copies of those records now

I believe this also. Why put it out there if he was not sure. That would be a risk. I would imagine he had people investigating Walmart records and Tesoro. Besides we know Tesoro did not sell anything but gas at that time of the morning.

Sorry if someone already addressed this since once again I'm several pages behind...

Recall that her cover story was going to be that she was not in Arizona at all when Travis was killed and hadn't seen him since whatever date it was that she had last seen him (I think she told the police it was April that she'd last seen him). In order for her to leave no paper trail of her being in Arizona like stopping for gas, she calculated the miles per gallon of the rental car with the miles she had to drive to get in and out of Arizona and discovered that it would take a full tank in the car plus THREE 5 gallon tanks of gas. So, she borrows only TWO tanks from her ex and buys the third one at Walmart on her own that no one is supposed to know about, but of course, her financial records from Walmart have her buying that 3rd gas can. This way she could say that she borrowed only two gas cans from her ex, so there's no way that she could have gotten in and out of Arizona without three of them.

Her excuse for having any gas cans at all is that she wanted to save the money in the higher gas prices having to buy gas on the road though that makes no sense once she discovered that she did buy that third gas can because the amount of that third gas can was equal to or higher than the amount of money she would have saved with the higher gas prices. She did admit that yes, she did buy that third gas can and realized that it was illogical to have done so given her reason for saving a few bucks in buying gas, BUT she insisted over and over that she never used that third gas can and returned it to Walmart unused on the same day that she bought it and received a cash refund for it. She even interupted Martinez when he mentioned she used three gas cans exclaiming that NO she only used the two she borrowed and returned the third to Walmart unused.

And that's when Martinez pulled the paperwork on her to prove she was lying about it and that it pointed to her premeditation to murder Travis becaue her story at that time was that she was never in Arizona at all, and that she KNEW she needed that 3rd gas can in order to have enough gas to get in and out of Arizona with no papertrail of her having purchased any gas there. He hits her with the gas receipts that she made three gas purchases at the same gas station at the same time - one receipt was for filling the car tank, one receipt for filling the two gas cans she borrowed from her ex AND one for filling that third gas can. She purposely only turned over the receipts for filling the car tank and the receipt for filling the two borrowed gas cans and pretended the third receipt for that 3rd gas can she insists she didn't use and returned to Walmart for a cash refund as though it didn't exist and to hide the fact that she DID purchase gas for that third gas can and used it.

Martinez showed her her own bank statement that showed her creditcard purchases for all this gas and showed that the third mysterious purchase she insisted that she didn't make was equal to the price of 5.09 gallons of gas - for her 5 gallon third gas can. She still tried to insist she never used that third can, but the bank statement proves that she did because the store that was part of the gas station was closed at that time she made these gas purchases, and the only thing that could have been purchased at that station at that time was gas and only with a credit or debit card swiped at the pump. She knew she couldn't argue that she spent that money for that third receipt on food and drinks in the store (that just sooooo happened to add up to the price of 5 gallons of gas) because at this point she would have known that Martinez already knew that the store part of the gas station was closed at the time she made those gas purchases.

Martinez then immediately hits her with the lie she told about returning that third gas can to Walmart for a cash refund because it was unused that Walmart has no record of her returning that gas can though she tries to continue to insist that she did even though everyone knows that no one can return anything to any store and get a refund for it without the store having a record of the return.

It was then that her face fell and you could totally see that she knew, the jury knew, and everyone knew that she was totally caught and she had nothing at all to offer as an excuse for any of this. It's like she never took into account any of the paper trails of the businesses that used as if they don't keep their own records... the gas station, her own bank, Walmart, etc.

That's where the trial ended for the day, and now we wait for it to pick up again to see what happens. Oh, that shell-shocked look on her face when she realized she was caught out and could come up with nothing off the cuff to excuse it all was just PRICELESS!
:great:

All this gas can business shows that she premeditated the murder by making all these pre-planned preparations of disguising that she was in Arizona at all which was her cover story until after she returned home and was caught out by the police under questioning and had to come up with a new story that yes, she was at Travis's house after all. All this info about the gas cans is the PROOF that she attempted to hide the fact that she was in Arizona and her cover story to match is PROOF of premeditation to go to his house to kill him.

The TH make me mad saying she is smart. She deposited $800 instead of useing cash on the road and not saveing receipts.

She dyed her hair and it looked exactly like Deanna's hair. My personal belief is that she did that in case she was spotted leaving and someone might assume it was Deanna. IMO, she had been pondering this for awhile. She did something that prompted TA to be hurt and he ended everything. That was the catalyst that put her plan in motion. Nothing about her deeds were spontaneous. JMO

I agree, she carefully planned her manipulation of Travis.
Even things like the cleaning job. I have a feeling that she offered to do that for him so she could keep tabs on his life. For instance falling asleep on the beanbag outside of his room just when he was on a date with Mimi.

I am hoping JM has found the salon that JA said she went to.

I think she always dyed her hair herself. When she was a blonde you could tell that she used a strong bleaching product but never added a toner, so she had that fake brassy color closer to the scalp. As a naturally dark haired person that dyes my own hair blonde myself, I could tell that right away. Going darker is FAR easier, too. Just dump on a box of Clairol, wait the required time and wash it out.

Yes, it was Neutrogena UltraMist (aerosol) SPF 85 sunblock. It has since been discontinued. Neutrogena has never sold hair color.

The last of the UltraMist offerings (in Banana Boat brand) was discontinued in 2012 due to fire hazard.

Yesterday someone speculated that she may have been planning to do something in the desert, like bury his body and that's why she bought the sunscreen. I could easily see that being the case. I'm sure if she were out there for a long period of time, she would burn and people would ask where she had been and what she had been doing. Other than needing it for Cancun, I can't imagine what she'd want it for, especially an SPF 85. I'd like to know if she had other things in her suitcase, like swimsuits etc., but we'll never know.

The manner in which Juan had D.B. add up the gallons of gas made me wonder if he used Jody's credit card.

Watching InSession rerun of Juan's questioning last Thursday...I swear it seems like her eye goes crossed more frequently when she's stressed. I love watching her squirm and it's nowhere close to over yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668