Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, she was in such a fog as she can't remember the actual events... but of sound enough mind to delete the pictures on the camera, not all of them though just the ones that were taken that day. Throw the camera a long with a load of the bloody laundry into the washer with some bleach for those pesky blood stains, gather up all her stuff, gather up the weapons oh and don't forget that rope that they used for sex earlier and take that all with her. Clean up the scene a little... oh, and don't forget that she locked his bedroom door, and kept the dog downstairs by using the doggy gate.
For such a fog, she sure remembered ways to cover her arse.

Great post Heather< I love your "I believe" on your page

I guess I was thinking that one of the roommates had to have moved that gate. Was Travis' room the only one upstairs?

It was probably something like a gate you use for babies/children, that adults can just step over. MOO

Something that struck me about the hair thing. I know she has changed her hair in the past but I did wonder if some motivation for changing her hair back to her original colour was that Mimi Hall is also a brunette.
I remember when I saw Mimi Hall on the stand, how similar they looked.

Perhaps another way to try and keep Travis, emulate a woman who he had a current interest in and also saw as a prospective future wife.

Right, she was in such a fog as she can't remember the actual events... but of sound enough mind to delete the pictures on the camera, not all of them though just the ones that were taken that day. Throw the camera a long with a load of the bloody laundry into the washer with some bleach for those pesky blood stains, gather up all her stuff, gather up the weapons oh and don't forget that rope that they used for sex earlier and take that all with her. Clean up the scene a little... oh, and don't forget that she locked his bedroom door, and kept the dog downstairs by using the doggy gate.
For such a fog, she sure remembered ways to cover her arse.

The most absurd thing she claims to have "fogged out" is her flooding the hallway to aid her in dragging his body back to the bathroom, then lifting the body into the stall where she cleaned him of blood with water from a cup (a cup she had taken from under the sink). That event took a lot of steps and thinking. It also showed that she was only concerned about her DNA being on his body. DNA found in other places like the hallway she would just explain away as having been deposited there when she was living with him (exactly what she told Flores). You have to be very clear of mind to think like that. No way could anyone have blacked something like that out, unless an MIB agent used one of those nifty memory wipers on her.

Something that struck me about the hair thing. I know she has changed her hair in the past but I did wonder if some motivation for changing her hair back to her original colour was that Mimi Hall is also a brunette.
I remember when I saw Mimi Hall on the stand, how similar they looked.

Perhaps another way to try and keep Travis, emulate a woman who he had a current interest in and also saw as a prospective future wife.

When Flores interrogated her he said to her that the neighbors put her at the house that day. (I don't believe that they did, he was just trying to get her to fess up to being there) and her first response is... Well they know me as a blonde... Which lead me to believe Her motivation for dying her hair was to slip under the radar, same with the rental car.

Like a lot of things JA has said the nail salon story is probably one of her half truths. There was probably a salon but perhaps not where she said it was, in Salinas, and she didn't get her nails done but got her "cosmetic procedure" (brazilian) and possibly her hair.

I can see her wanting a fresh brazilian so that the chance of finding public hair at the scene is less. Remember her first story was that she wasn't in Arizona at all.

She said Travis didn't like hair so she made it seem as though she got Brazilians done just to please him. But she got it done during the road trip and claims she didn't intend to go to Arizona. Why get the Brazilian then?

Arias. Does this mean you got Brazilians for yourself (other guys) as well or did you know in Salinas that you were going to Travis' house? Which is it Arias???????

The most absurd thing she claims to have "fogged out" is her flooding the hallway to aid her in dragging his body back to the bathroom, then lifting the body into the stall where she cleaned him of blood with water from a cup (a cup she had taken from under the sink). That event took a lot of steps and thinking. It also showed that she was only concerned about her DNA being on his body. DNA found in other places like the hallway she would just explain away as having been deposited there when she was living with him (exactly what she told Flores). You have to be very clear of mind to think like that. No way could anyone have blacked something like that out, unless an MIB agent used one of those nifty memory wipers on her.

ITA, I would only be able to buy this fog story if Jodi was found wandering the streets covered in blood after the murder.

Good morning all! I am like a kid on Christmas today! I won't be listening along today, but hubby and I set it to record and will watch after work. I'll be checking in here all day for the good stuff...

That's actually a good point. It wouldn't be a motion to compel the documents from the state's possession, but it could be the defense's motion for an order compelling the records from Walmart and Tesoro. If Jodi is telling the truth about the gas can, then I could see her lawyers wanting to compel those records to prove it in light of Juan's implications.

We shall see ...

I can't imagine her telling the truth about that, even more, I can't imagine Juan asking her that if he didn't know the true answer. :twocents:

Hi all. Boy am I ready for JM today!
I've wondered....could there have been Napolian hairs in that rental car?

I cannot leave my house without dog/cat hair all over me despite how I try to keep it off or get it off.

The only problem I have with Jodi supporters is soliciting funds. We all see/hear the same information, but process it differently. Human nature.

I'm supportive of Jodi in that I hope she gets a very effective and ardent defense. I think she's guilty and should never see the light of day outside prison walls. Sure be a shame if she was retried due to ineffective or inadequate counsel. Frankly, I'm rooting for DT to fight like hell on her case.

I say LWOP. Jodi'll be locked away with her only recourse being appeals she initiates and provides her own funds for. DP sentence means the State is obligated to provide and fund the appeals. Jodi would be in court (thus tv) for many years to come. Nancy Grace would feed right in to that.

The state has already weighed those cost when they chose the death penalty. I dont care how many appeals she goes through. One thing is certain if she gets death like she richly deserves she will be locked down in a cell by herself for 23 hours out of 24. And when out will be in the company of a prison guard.

I dont want her to get LWOP. Psychopaths adapt very well in prison and she will soon gather enablers to coddle her every need like she has done while she has been in jail.

imo

So excited for today - justice for Travis!!! Positive thoughts and prayers for Juan, Travis' family and the jury. I know that Juan is not only trying to show 1st degree against JA, but also clear Travis' name - let it be known how great he was. Let justice prevail!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nine-year-old has been following the "clean" parts of the trial and presented me with a little song this morning ...

Bye Bye Jodi
Jodi lies all day
Who's she going to lie to
When she is put away

The state has already weighed those cost when they chose the death penalty. I dont care how many appeals she goes through. One thing is certain if she gets death like she richly deserves she will be locked down in a cell by herself for 23 hours out of 24. And when out will be in the company of a prison guard.

I dont want her to get LWOP. Psychopaths adapt very well in prison and she will soon gather enablers to coddle her every need like she has done while she has been in jail.

imo

I totally agree!! She should be alone, with no one to support her or listen to her. Being alone woud be the worst punishment for her, I think, even greater than being on death row.

I totally agree!! She should be alone, with no one to support her or listen to her. Being alone woud be the worst punishment for her, I think, even greater than being on death row.

But hey, she could have CA as an imaginary friend.

Humm...I never thought of it that way. I thought she flooded the hall and bathroom to remove alot of the blood. I know when people get an adreneline rush, they have unimaginal strength. Can go either way, I suppose. I agree 100% with needing a very clear mind, no matter why she did it.

I'm kind of nervous about a party asking for records from Walmart and Tesoro. I figured JM already had those records. Let's hope he checked that out before confronting JA otherwise that'd be a big blunder. :(

I have a question: Why do some women tend to generalize anything said about a women to all women?

How do you get from what I described as "benign sexism", the tendency to give undeserving women the benefit of the doubt -- that is treating Jodi Arias as a member of a group rather than a sick and twisted individual regardless of gender -- using the cliched metaphor of "putting on a pedestal" to a claim that I think women belong to "sociopaths anonymous"? If I'm talking about a particular kind of person, do I really have to qualify in every instance that I am not talking about all people? Or do I only have to do that when talking about a particular type of woman, which I think Burr was referring to as well.

If a woman recounts a tale of abuse at the hands of a man, is your first response to her "Pttft! Not all men are like that!" Then why do you do that when Burr is talking about his screwed up relationship? Trust me, what Burr is describing, that belittling chipping away is a form of emotional and psychological abuse. As a guy who was once in a relationship with a Borderline Personality, you have no idea.

Burr talking about his personal experience gets rewarded with a claim that he has anger issues towards all women? Really?

I suspect if Bill Burr had a vagina and was talking about men, you would say "you go girl". That's the benign sexism I was talking about. And that's why, as much as she deserves the death penalty, more than most men on death row, Jodi Arias might yet get a pass.

It's a bizarre sort of group identification when I talk about sociopathic women and you key in on that as though I'm busting on women, rather than busting on sociopaths.

It does explain something I find rather bizarre. Watching the HLN talking heads there are still some that are backing Jodi Arias' claims of being abused. One, just tonight repeated the canard that Travis Said in the "sex tape" that he likes 12 year old girls. The only reason I can find for that sort of willful ignorance is that these women are doing that calculus that it benefits women as a whole if claims of abuse are accepted without question, even when they are spurious, and if there's a dead guy in the mix, that's a sacrifice they are willing to make.

I dunno, maybe sometimes "anger issues" are justifiable.

WHOA!

EH! I think I was speaking to Bill Burrs view of women. His was a generalization , right? What Jodie is or weather their are sociopathic women was not my point.

I want JA to get the death penalty but I don't like the idea of that or LWOP because then we get to foot the bill for her existence. In lieu of those things, how about shackling her to one of those way back in time stockade things out in public so we can all spit on her, throw tomatoes at her or even use her as a dart board?

IF she gets the DP, it looks like the number of visitations will be fairly tight. Who will be on her visitor list? And how far away will visitors have to travel? Will her mother be a regular? I'm still wondering about their relationship -- how it is now -- are they close? I have no feel about whether her mom will make the trip or whether she wants to visit her... Somebody will have to give her "snack bar money." Who will provide it??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro