Investigators search east of Skyline school

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, now I'm probably confused. Don't we know that Terri says she went to the Beaverton Albertson's first to do some shopping and then drove around on rural roads and then went to the Beverton 24 hr fitness? From that info, if it's accurate I was assuming the rural roads she claims she drove around on, must have been within those areas? It wouldn't make any sense for her to get on a freeway and then off to drive some other rural roads. So I would think she would have told LE (whether true or not) that she drove around on some rural roads between those two places, the Beaverton Albertson's and the Beaverton 24 hour fitness? I can't find where it says that was THE Albertsons she went to, maybe I'm wrong, but that's what was being discussed in the timeline thread.

I haven't read any detailed official version of the order of the places she says she visited. I read that video was requested from the Fred Meyer store (farthest east on free's map), the Albertson's at Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (this is the farthest west point on free's map) and her gym.
The Albertson's stop is the one that doesn't make sense to those of us living here; it's completely out of the way to anywhere else she was going, and as free points out on her map, there are other Albertson's stores much closer to the TH home.

I agree with you that the roads she most likely drove around on (the 'rural' roads) would be inside the pink circle of free's map.
However, I haven't read anything that says specifically where she was driving around.

HTH.. if there's another thread where this info could help more, or you think I should read, please let me know.

free will be back with more photos; she's seen searchers all over the area but they seem to be packing up for the day now.
She and I speculated that the searches this weekend may have been small loose end things that simply need to be eliminated, and that were saved up for a weekend when a mass of the SAR teams could be called on. Remember that those folk are citizen volunteers (well trained, but on their own time) vs some urgent-late-breaking 'smoking gun' piece of evidence. Because so much of the searching free saw is right at the roadside, we *speculated* that this perhaps is not a body search as much as an evidence search.

Combined info from the Two Timeline Articles

Grocery Shopping

According to multiple sources, Terri Moulton Horman says she left Skyline School at 8:45 in the morning without Kyron the day he disappeared and that between 8:45 a.m. and 10:10 a.m. she ran errands at local grocery stores and can prove it.

Driving on Rural Roads

Between 10:10 in the morning and 11:39, Terri said she drove her daughter K around on rural roads in the family’s white truck because K had an earache. She said she was trying to soothe the toddler with the motion of the vehicle.

As KATU news first reported, at least two stores, the Albertsons on Hillsdale Highway and the Sunset Fred Meyer, are cooperating with investigators. The Albertsons confirmed it turned over surveillance tape to investigators in the case.

* Second article: She told investigators that she drove K around a series of rural roads for an hour, saying she was trying to calm her down because she didn't feel well.

Gym and Then Back Home

At 11:39 a.m., Terri checked in at a 24-hour Fitness in Beaverton on Waterhouse Avenue and worked out for about an hour until 12:40 p.m.

* Second article: She went to the gym for about 45 minutes that morning and arrived home about 1 p.m. to post pictures from the science fair on her Facebook page.

By 1:21, Terri said she'd traveled home - a distance of nearly 11 miles - and was posting photos on Facebook she'd taken that morning of Kyron standing with his science project and of his friend, K, standing with his.

First article: http://www.katu.com/news/local/99151549.html

Second article: http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Horman-kyron-missing-gaps-portland-kiara-99181214.html

Thank you very much BeanE. So that is why I assumed the alleged "long ride" would have been between the Gym and the Beaverton Alberrtsons. And not, within the pink circle on Freeforallzz map. That's why I was wondering if the were searching outside of the circle. Thanks.

We were out geocaching here last weekend and what is usually a whole lot of fun, kept bringing my thoughts back to Kyron and thinking how horribly difficult it would be to find a small person out in this kind of terrain. It was hard enough to find an object when I had the GPS co-oridnates right in front of me. And we weren't really that deep into forests. Really made me sad.

Hi Billylee,
This may be a stupid question(but I don't personally know the answer, so as I always do I'm gonna ask be it stupid or not :crazy:).. What is geocaching? A term I don't think I've ever heard?:waitasec: (that I can recall anyway)...
TIA...

Call me crazy but I am angry beyond comprehension tonight. The whole thought of search and rescue people and dogs spending days upon days, and hours upon hours, endangering themselves as they search, because SOMEONE is so wicked as to KNOW where a child is and not tell has my BP skyrocketing. As long as they do not tell, they put a heavy burden upon society to do a task that should never have to be done except for their wickedness.

It hit me tonight -- why do these people, once convicted, not get daily strikes or lashings or whoopings or whatever you want to call it? Nonsense, knowing that they will be incarcerated is NOT enough. Let them take a lash for every minute they cause others to search -- let their be a tally shown at the end of each search day. If 5 people 5 hours, 1500 minutes -- 1500 lashes to look forward to when incarcerated. Dole the lashes out in such a way that it is not blood letting, but it hurts like hell, AND don't stop doling them out on a daily basis until the minute count is paid in full. Let them FEEL a part of the pain they put society through. Let them KNOW at the end of each search day the number of lashes they are stocking up for themselves once busted and incarcerated.

We are TOO SOFT as a society -- we do not let criminals suffer actual pain as a payment for their crimes. It is one thing to kill someone or kidnap someone, that is bad enough, but to drag everyone concerned for that someone through daily suffering as they look for the victim is yet more injury. It should warrant a stiff penalty along with incarceration IF the death penalty isn't given. IF they earn their stripes -- let them have them. The minutes of the searchers are only a small percentage of the minutes of pain EVERYONE is suffering.

Edited: rant off

I'm just not into torture. I like to think that I am more civilized and a better person than the vile creatures that harm children/women, etc. So, i cannot imagine stooping to their level, which is what I think torture is.
I understand being angry. What happens to the innocent at the hands of the evil is too much to bear at times.
But, I get satisfaction at the possibility that people like casey anthony and scott peterson, elizabeth johnson, do not have their freedom, do not have a window or a good, home-cooked meal, or a day at the beach, a hike through the forest, a hug from a family member, the sight of a sunset, a rain storm, the sound of a baby's laugh or the ability to pet a dog, go for a run, have a glass of ice cold oj in the middle of the night, soft toilet paper, a night at a concert, a hot, foamy bath.
No, I don't need to see those people whipped within an inch of their lives.
(Besides that, there have been numerous people on death row, etc, who are later proved to have been innocent (DNA, etc)).

Just knowing that the searches that are taking place this weekend are based on some sort of information the investigators have put together is a hopeful sign they're zeroing in on finding Kyron.

This has to be very difficult for KH, DY, and TY. After being so hopeful of finding Kyron alive, the weekend searches have to be agonizing for Kyron's parents. :(

Ugh. I hope you are right that these searches are based on credible tips. It is awful to sit here and wonder what info LE has that prompts certain searches. I sure hope they can find the little guy. I hope his parents are holding up. I don't think I could if i was them.
Have the searches ended yet? How long have they lasted if anyone knows?
TIA.

Be careful going off-topic to the GJ stuff...this thread was warned already today :(

Katu is reporting that 2 vans of searchers are on Germantown Rd (a spur road off of Cornelius Pass Rd south of Skyline School)...

Be careful going off-topic to the GJ stuff...this thread was warned already today :(

Thanks for the reminder, cluciano :blushing:... I deleted my post and moved it to the appropriate thread (GJ thread) so we can add to and discuss those testifying here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111082"]Will the Grand Jury Indict & if so, on what charge(s)? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Kyron Investigators Search Where DeDe Gardened on June 4th

On Sunday, investigators looking into the disappearance of Kyron Horman spent hours searching a large propety where Dede Spicher was gardening on June 4th, the day that Kyron disappeared.

This property is at least the third connected to Spicher that has been searched as part of the investigation. Investigators have also looked at her condo and a house belonging to relatives of hers.

It is also just about ten minutes from Skyline Elementary where Kyron went to school and where he was last seen.

While KGW is not revealing the exact address, we can tell you it is a heavily wooded area.

http://www.kgw.com/news/InvestigatorsSearchWhereDedeGardened-100231774.html

Doesn't sound to me as though Dede is being helpful to searchers...sounds more like they are working off where she and Terri were that day. I mean, searching where Dede worked surely did not come from her unless she is truly implicating herself and if so, why the need to search all of those other places as well? I think they are working off info from GJ and not from Dede.

Freefallzzzz contacted me. Some of the locations they are searching are Old Germantown Rd. and they were in the woods moving up towards Germantown and also saw them on Germantown going down. She has pics of the SAR vehicle too. The K-9s were across the street from 13331 Cornelius Pass. She didn't see a house, but there was a gate with a No Trespassing sign so she didn't go down that road.

She has great pics for us today.

Freefallzzzz contacted me. Some of the locations they are searching are Old Germantown Rd. and they were in the woods moving up towards Germantown and also saw them on Germantown going down. She has pics of the SAR vehicle too. The K-9s were across the street from 13331 Cornelius Pass. She didn't see a house, but there was a gate with a No Trespassing sign so she didn't go down that road.

She has great pics for us today.

It's so great that she is able to get out there and report back to us today. I really appreciate it. I'm also not far away but haven't had a chance to drive out there. THANKS AGAIN to Freefallzzz!

Are TH or Dede in any way helping in these searches? Wouldn't you think that they could at least request to do so, even if they are refused to be allowed to partake! This is what gets me sooo hot, is if these people are so darned innocent, as they try and make out to be, wouldn't this be a natural desire for them to want to help all these other wonderful people that give so willingly of their time and effort to help find this precious little boy. I am sure a lot of people involved in searching do not even personally know Kyron, but are willing to help, then why not the ones near and dear to this child? Reminds me of some other people i know, without getting involved in something as crucial as a search to find Kyron! Or is it they already know what happened and where he is?! I don't know, and God forbid that this would ever happen to anyone, but i don't think as a mother i couldn't not be out there looking, whilst others are! I would go crazy in the house or anywhere else, just waiting and wondering.

Kyron Investigators Search Where DeDe Gardened on June 4th

On Sunday, investigators looking into the disappearance of Kyron Horman spent hours searching a large propety where Dede Spicher was gardening on June 4th, the day that Kyron disappeared.

This property is at least the third connected to Spicher that has been searched as part of the investigation. Investigators have also looked at her condo and a house belonging to relatives of hers.

It is also just about ten minutes from Skyline Elementary where Kyron went to school and where he was last seen.

While KGW is not revealing the exact address, we can tell you it is a heavily wooded area.

http://www.kgw.com/news/InvestigatorsSearchWhereDedeGardened-100231774.html

Where she was working is only TEN MINUTES from Kyron's school? Why am I getting a shiver down my spine? That just doesn't sound like a coincidence to me unless a lot of places are really close to that school. I don't know how the area is laid out, but Dede being only ten minutes away is setting off alarm signals for me. And now they're searching there. Oh Dede, you better HOPE and PRAY they don't find anything. Where is that smug smile now?

Ugh. I hope you are right that these searches are based on credible tips. It is awful to sit here and wonder what info LE has that prompts certain searches. I sure hope they can find the little guy. I hope his parents are holding up. I don't think I could if i was them.
Have the searches ended yet? How long have they lasted if anyone knows?
TIA.

I have to believe that at this time when so many agencies are hampered by economic cuts that they're going to spend their money wisely and call out all their resources when then they've got good information in the belief that good information and a massive effort will produce results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back