Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Human remains found in a house in Youghal have been identified through dental records as being missing woman Tina Satchwell.

It is understood that remains recovered from under a stairs in a hallway of the home of the missing woman have now been identified as being her.

However gardai are understood to also be awaiting the results of DNA analysis."

RIP Tina Satchwell.

Hope he gets a full life term for this.

We don't have full life terms in Ireland as far as I know. He'll be out in 12.

ETA to correct myself, I googled another high profile case to see what the perp's current status is.

Looks like there's no right to parole application until 14 years are served. Then it's a decision for the parole board of course, but this says 20 years is average.

It's still pitiful though.

Link to article on MSN re Joe O'Reilly, wife killer)

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Tina's body was found concealed in a wall under some stairs in their home, her husband was the last to see her alive and didn't report her missing for 4 days, if any jury hears those 3 facts there will be no doubt of a conviction. If he confesses and shows remorse, he may someday be released. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

Question, how do you think he hid the smell? Like, he actually took that journalist in to his home. This is horrible!
This would probably do it if the report is accurate:

The body was found wrapped in black plastic and buried beneath a thick layer of concrete almost a metre deep in a full- size grave dug in the stairwell of the stairs in the hallway of the three-storey terraced house where the main suspect in the case lived.

old article <modsnip> it's actually fairly chilling.

Hi, just joining this thread. My interest was caught when I noticed Youghal. It's not often you see Youghal come up in the news. This article linked above, says he met Tina in England where she lived next door to his brother. Was Tina Irish or English?

Surely
This would probably do it if the report is accurate:

The body was found wrapped in black plastic and buried beneath a thick layer of concrete almost a metre deep in a full- size grave dug in the stairwell of the stairs in the hallway of the three-storey terraced house where the main suspect in the case lived.

you'd have to drill to dig through concrete? A metre deep would make a lot of longtime noise. JMO

Hi, just joining this thread. My interest was caught when I noticed Youghal. It's not often you see Youghal come up in the news. This article linked above, says he met Tina in England where she lived next door to his brother. Was Tina Irish or English?
She was Irish. She moved over to England when she was a teenager.

I’d assume there wasn’t any hand found if Tina was all wrapped up in plastic and encased in concrete. What I think happened is some concrete got into the plumbing and this only came to light when renovation work started next door. Potentially a construction worker may have put two and two together and called the Gardaí in.

Would there be enough time in 4 days to dig a grave and lay concrete? I think so but surely this activity would have looked strange. I’d assume the Gardaí tried to get local cctv from when Tina went missing and it would have looked bad if someone bought a load of concrete. I’m starting to wonder if Tina’s murder was pre-planned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back