Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OMG, a skeletal hand. However, I could see it being discovered by something as random as that, rather than it being old information that has now just surfaced.

RIP Tina Satchwell, it's a relief she will get justice.

15:04KEY EVENT

Gardai search industrial unit​

Gardai have carried out a search of an industrial unit in Youghal as part of the probe

15:29KEY EVENT

Remains removed from search site at Tina Satchwell's home​

Officers have removed remains from the search site at Tina Satchwell's home. A planned new statement from Gardai will now be made at 4.30pm

It's amazing how many interviews he's done.

I don't think the 30 minute radio one with Neil Prendeville has been posted yet. Crikey, I was just looking for that and he did another hour long with NP. Can't find the 30 minute one where he says "she's too much in love with herself" to take her own life.

Proof - although not really needed - that shows who the suspect is....

the Garda was able to draw an investigation plan to enable them to both arrest the suspect and secure his home as a crime scene to allow a major search operation take place.

Just going to quote from RTE's news bulletin:

1. A priest attended before the remains were removed
2. The remains were removed by hearse a few hours ago
3. The man was arrested around lunchtime today and is in Cobh garda station again (for those interested, Cobh used to be called Queenstown, the port Titanic left Ireland from.)

Another old interview that might be revealing:

ETA - pologies, already posted upthread.

The latest developments in the investigation came several days after utility workers trying to clear a blocked drain in the area brought suspicious material to the attention of gardaí.

Yes, house next door was empty for a long time and was recently renovated and according to one of the news sites it's a shared drainage system (these houses are very old either Victorian or Edwardian).

I know her family have always known he had something to do with her disappearance and it's about time she was found, six and a half years is a long time to wait for answers (I know many others have to wait longer, sometimes way longer and that is a travesty).

At least her brothers and sisters have their answers now and can lay her to rest.

Yes, house next door was empty for a long time and was recently renovated and according to one of the news sites it's a shared drainage system (these houses are very old either Victorian or Edwardian).

I know her family have always known he had something to do with her disappearance and it's about time she was found, six and a half years is a long time to wait for answers (I know many others have to wait longer, sometimes way longer and that is a travesty).

At least her brothers and sisters have their answers now and can lay her to rest.

I agree, turn of the century houses, late Victorian or early Edwardian I'd say. They aren't there on the 1877 OS map, it's all coal yards at that stage.

Irish drains are generally shockingly poor compared to other countries I've lived in, it was only a matter of time. I wonder if he was bricking it when the next door was being brought back into use. I am assuming it's one of those long-term empty properties that the government enforced back into use (there's quite a few in my town undergoing the same, compulsory purchases etc.)

"This review gave particular focus to statements given previously and they identified a contradiction in particular information provided by a person who was previously interviewed."

MOO: If that's the case, and it was a review of statements (not the discovery of suspicious material blocking the drain as has been reported elsewhere), then the gardai would want to answer some serious questions about why those discrepancies weren't picked up and acted on much earlier.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back