Found Deceased Ireland - Tina Satchwell, 45, Youghal, Co. Cork, 20 March 2017 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I’d assume there wasn’t any hand found if Tina was all wrapped up in plastic and encased in concrete. What I think happened is some concrete got into the plumbing and this only came to light when renovation work started next door. Potentially a construction worker may have put two and two together and called the Gardaí in.

Would there be enough time in 4 days to dig a grave and lay concrete? I think so but surely this activity would have looked strange. I’d assume the Gardaí tried to get local cctv from when Tina went missing and it would have looked bad if someone bought a load of concrete. I’m starting to wonder if Tina’s murder was pre-planned.
That is true. Though who would be suspicious of concrete buying back then? You'd only be suspicious if someone found a body, then as a seller you'd think 'there was someone who bought several bags'. JMO

Richard Satchwell has said that his wife, Tina, 45, took in excess of €26,000 in cash when she went missing from their home in Youghal, Co Cork on March 20 last.

Was it proven this money was taken out?

Richard Satchwell has said that his wife, Tina, 45, took in excess of €26,000 in cash when she went missing from their home in Youghal, Co Cork on March 20 last.

Was it proven this money was taken out?
No, I don't believe so. It may have existed, it may not.

The house was being renovated by RS at the time his wife went missing, he probably already had what he needed regarding tools and concrete. Is it realistic that somebody can do this in 4 days, so well, that when the house was initially searched there was no indication of this activity?

The house was being renovated by RS at the time his wife went missing, he probably already had what he needed regarding tools and concrete. Is it realistic that somebody can do this in 4 days, so well, that when the house was initially searched there was no indication of this activity?
The only buildings in Grattan Street, Youghal, is the Credit Union Building (is that purely for the bank or do they have apartments within the building, I wonder?) and the end of a building next door to it. EDITED to add Google Maps is incorrect and the link below to 2 Grattan Street shows a correct map within it, plus a look inside of the house at no 2

Anyone know what the end of the building next to it is? Its a very short street. Which property was Tinas?
JMO

I've found this online and it doesn't reflect the google maps image I've shown of Grattan Street. I'm confused though I see now the map they have of the street in here is different to google maps.
2 Grattan Street, Youghal, Co. Cork – FindAHome.ie

Edited to add: Youghal Credit Union are supporting an upcoming event on the history of friends and foes in Youghal. Ironic.

Edited to add: All above is just my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi, just joining this thread. My interest was caught when I noticed Youghal. It's not often you see Youghal come up in the news. This article linked above, says he met Tina in England where she lived next door to his brother. Was Tina Irish or English?

Tina was a Fermoy native, she moved to England as a teen to work and met Richard there, they moved back to Fermoy fairly soon after (10 weeks after they met I think he said in the Neil Prendergast interiew).

I’d assume there wasn’t any hand found if Tina was all wrapped up in plastic and encased in concrete. What I think happened is some concrete got into the plumbing and this only came to light when renovation work started next door. Potentially a construction worker may have put two and two together and called the Gardaí in.

Would there be enough time in 4 days to dig a grave and lay concrete? I think so but surely this activity would have looked strange. I’d assume the Gardaí tried to get local cctv from when Tina went missing and it would have looked bad if someone bought a load of concrete. I’m starting to wonder if Tina’s murder was pre-planned.

The house wasn't searched at the 4 day mark though, I think it was many weeks later.

The only buildings in Grattan Street, Youghal, is the Credit Union Building (is that purely for the bank or do they have apartments within the building, I wonder?) and the end of a building next door to it:

Anyone know what the end of the building next to it is? Its a very short street. Which property was Tinas?
JMO

I've found this online and it doesn't reflect the google maps image I've shown of Grattan Street. I'm confused though I see now the map they have of the street in here is different to google maps.

Edited to add: Youghal Credit Union are supporting an upcoming event on the history of friends and foes in Youghal. Ironic.

Google Maps is rubbish for Ireland, I was also looking at it intensively the other day. They have Grattan Street marked as Catherine Street. Grattan St is the short stretch that the Credit Union is on. The Credit Union will be a fully secure building, no residential apartments.

Tina's property is the building on the right hand of the two attached terraces, the one with the lane beside it.

The only buildings in Grattan Street, Youghal, is the Credit Union Building (is that purely for the bank or do they have apartments within the building, I wonder?) and the end of a building next door to it. EDITED to add Google Maps is incorrect and the link below to 2 Grattan Street shows a correct map within it, plus a look inside of the house at no 2

JMO

Google has Grattan St. as Catherine St. This is no. 3 Grattan St.

1697279183366.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1