Is FCA headed back to Orange County for Probation?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my choice of wording. Judge Strickland recused himself from the case in April 2010 after the defense accused him of having an inappropriate conversation with a blogger who had been following the case online. Doesn't matter who the converstion was with, major or minor, it was still inappropriate contact by lawful definition.

The only thing that was inappropriate was CM accusing HHJS of inappropriate contact. There was nothing HHJS did that was considered unlawful under any court of law. The reason he reclused himself was obvious to most of us here on WS's. jmo

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony defense tomorrow will file a motion to disqualify Judge Strickland. Their first move since he ordered her to begin probation.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I can't wait to see the reasons ... how can you disqualify a judge after the fact ... the probation issue is not a new one and ... :waitasec:
I'm wondering if we'll hear anything about Judge Strickland retaliating for being accused of bias ? ... which is lame, but it seems lame reasons are all they've got ...

Amazing! With her luck KC probably will win on an appeal of the probation. I don't see why her lawyers don't just say to her: We got you off on the capital murder charge, so be happy and serve your probation.

Well, for one thing, the convicted 4X felon probably doesn't want to be on probation.
\
\

Not my choice of wording. Judge Strickland recused himself from the case in April 2010 after the defense accused him of having an inappropriate conversation with a blogger who had been following the case online. Doesn't matter who the converstion was with, major or minor, it was still inappropriate contact by lawful definition.

Judge Strickland did NOTHING inappropriate. Just because the defense accused him of it, doesn't make it so. That only works with the jury.

Judge Strickland did NOTHING inappropriate. Just because the defense accused him of it, doesn't make it so. That only works with the jury.

Here is the court order:
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/28728314/detail.html

It has wording in it such as:
This cause coming on this day to be heard before me, and you, the defendant being now present before me, and it appearing to the satisfaction of this Court ...

and it is dated 29 July 2011.

This, I think, is what Mason is calling fraud. I think they probably took the original court document and clarified the probation after release part and updated the date. So... it looks to me like another clerical error that could make a mess of things.
:maddening::maddening:

Makes you wonder how many times he was passed over for judge????

Glad you mentioned that, LambChop ! I wondered the same ... but then thought surely with his "well respected, seasoned attorney" status that we all heard about when he came on the scene that he would have what it takes to be a judge ? But then I thought, nah, Mason would never settle for a judge's pay, or for that matter, a prosecutor's pay

I know the defense is going to argue that she served probation while in jail, but not really. She served her sentence for check fraud and then the no bail for the murder charges. SHE needs to do at least probation because the court gave her time served on the lying to police charges. That is what her incarceration time was calculated towards. Unless she wants to just make that time count towards the 1 yr probation and go back to jail and serve the 4 years for lying to police..........that would be great too
:)
Sorry for the rant.

bobkealing bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony defense tomorrow will file a motion to disqualify Judge Strickland. Their first move since he ordered her to begin probation.
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

BBM: Good Grief ! What a bunch of "whiners" ... :boohoo:

I hope Judge Strickland is allowed to STAY on this case ...

:great:

Accusing George?

oh. that makes much more sense, thanks. i thought she meant that since people accuse the jury of misconduct, that makes it so. but that would have been an obviously outrageous unfair claim hence the :waitasec:

"Strickland said on Thursday that his intention in sentencing Anthony last year was that she should go on supervised probation if released from custody. But Corrections officials interpreted Strickland's order as meaning that Anthony should serve her probation while still in jail awaiting trial in connection with the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee Marie."

This is why I was shocked when she was released without probation. I remember when Strickland sentenced her to one year in prison (time served) and "one year probation when she is released."

I don't understand, and neither do our attoneys here, how she could have served probation while still in jail. That doesn't make sense.

What I also don't understand is why Judge Strickland didn't speak up right away, before she was released two weeks ago???

Strickland said on Thursday that his intention in sentencing Anthony last year was that she should go on supervised probation if released from custody. But Corrections officials interpreted Strickland's order as meaning that Anthony should serve her probation while still in jail awaiting trial in connection with the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee Marie.

This is why I was shocked when she was released without probation. I remember when Strickland sentenced her to "one year in prison and one year probation when she is released.

I don't understand, and neither do our attoneys here, how she could have served probation while still in jail. That doesn't make sense.

What I don't understand is why Judge Strickland didn't speak up right away, before she was released to weeks ago???

AZlawyer is saying that s/he believes she completed her probation in jail and probably won't be made to serve it again. hopefully there is some news tomorrow about all of this.

I am so happy that the DT is still having to deal with all of her messes. This is costing them $$$$, and time and resources. And she has not brought in any cash, she is just costing them money. I wonder who is footing the bill?

Strickland said on Thursday that his intention in sentencing Anthony last year was that she should go on supervised probation if released from custody. But Corrections officials interpreted Strickland's order as meaning that Anthony should serve her probation while still in jail awaiting trial in connection with the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee Marie.

This is why I was shocked when she was released without probation. I remember when Strickland sentenced her to "one year in prison and one year probation when she is released.

What I don't understand is why Judge Strickland didn't speak up right away, before she was released to weeks ago???

I think HHJS had removed himself from this case emotionally 1 1/2 years ago. Either someone brought it to his attention or he suddenly realized there was a mistake.

When you think about it, it makes sense she should be on probation now. What kind of test is probation in jail if you are in solitary and have no connection with anyone other than the guards and your legal team. There is no test. And probation is a test. jmo

"Strickland said on Thursday that his intention in sentencing Anthony last year was that she should go on supervised probation if released from custody. But Corrections officials interpreted Strickland's order as meaning that Anthony should serve her probation while still in jail awaiting trial in connection with the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee Marie."

This is why I was shocked when she was released without probation. I remember when Strickland sentenced her to "one year in prison and one year probation when she is released."

What I also don't understand is why Judge Strickland didn't speak up right away, before she was released two weeks ago???

ITA

Here is the clip that proves it
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...ll-ruling-on-Casey-Anthony-s-check-fraud-case

And everyone else in the world loves to work?

No, but how many people do you know that pretended to have a job, and just stole from friends and family, instead of working? How many people do you know that left their house each day, 'dressed for work', wearing a phony ID badge, and snuck back when their parents left?

No, I am not confusing cases. For my point it doesn't matter what case is being referred to (could be any case, not just one involving Anthony). My point about him having inappropriate contact was in response to some one's questioning why he was bringing this up now. I pointed out he is coming up for re-election and if was doing this to garner public support for that it was inappropriate. And as everyone points out about Casey, zebra's don't change their stripes, and if Strickland was inappropriate once.....

True, but I believe we are confusing cases here.

Strickland recused himself from the CRIMINAL trial after having what the defense deemed was an "inappropriate brief conversation with a blogger" regarding the CRIMINAL CASE...

To my knowledge, Strickland did NOT have any "inappropriate brief conversations with ANY persons" in regards to THIS case.....THE CHECK FRAUD CASE!

Two separate cases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member