Is Geraldo's Prod Co Paying For the Def? UPDATED 1-09 Entertainment Deal Allegations

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just want to throw this out, Jesse G. in a text I think to AH, writes that he contacted a billionaire land owner from Orlando to see if he would be willing to help find Caylee, could this be where the trust fund came from?

I just want to throw this out, Jesse G. in a text I think to AH, writes that he contacted a billionaire land owner from Orlando to see if he would be willing to help find Caylee, could this be where the trust fund came from?

Yes, I've thought the same thing since those texts were released!!:eek:

:eek::furious::furious::furious:

I hope I don't get banned for saying this, but FOX News is %%#%%%%***

I never watch ..................

Why? They never lie. They are just living up to their claim to be "unfair and unbalanced" right? oh wait...did I get that wrong? :rolleyes:

Why? They never lie. They are just living up to their claim to be "unfair and unbalanced" right? oh wait...did I get that wrong? :rolleyes:

That was the lowest thing I have ever seen geraldo do. He should be sanctioned

No He should be tossed out on his ear!

He is shameless!

That was my first thought when I saw the promo for GR's "world exclusive." After watching it, I'm convinced! With the exception of Kimberly Guilfoyle, the entire panel was slanted to the defense. Having Linda Kinney Baden, one of Casey's defense attorneys on cinched it for me.

I agree, it was hype and all for the defense team.
Is it legal for any 'news team' to pay for the defense team?
After all they have more money than the state.
Personally I will not buy books, watch movies etc that would make any of them rich of this poor baby CAYLEE!:furious:IMO

Well also we know that Dr. Koby is / was a paid for the defense also. I have not seen him on NG lately? Wonder where he went to?

As for GR paying for the defense... I'm with you on it making since, however, something like that might be in his news contract to where he cant pay for things like this even out of his own money, time anything like that....

I have a question.

How can all these "experts", without seeing the evidence be of any use to the defense? Wouldn't you need to examine all the evidence to determine what you believe is indeed what happened? So, all these experts, to be fair, should be paid for their evaluation. How does the defense know that it is going to be favorable for them? What if one of these experts evaluates and says KC did it and here is my opinion. Obviously they wouldn't testify.

If JB has hired these experts to "find" evidence to help his client, won't the jury see that? Wouldn't you question the integrity of an expert if they are being paid by the defense, do PR for the defense and have not evaluated the evidence prior to interviews.

If this is the case....the so called experts aren't really experts, to me. They are hired help. They are being paid to provide a service (I would really like to call it what I think, but fear being placed in time out). There isn't any honor in that.

Also, many of these experts are authors, as well. Anything that any of these experts produce (outside the KC case) I will not support. I will not watch "Bones" anymore. I will not purchase any of their books. I will not watch their interviews.

I guess I am just confused. How can JB "guarantee" these experts that the evidence will support KC's innocence?

Respectfully,
BeagleMom

I also do not like to watch GR but I did last night for the hype that they were going to show the PI"s video...And then it was stated that the owner of the tape were asking a kings ransom for them to show it on air...So do they not have the money to pay for it to be aired...I am sure that other stations would have then paid Fox money so they could show it on there shows...So Fox knew before the show aired that there was no way they were going to show that on air....Makes me so ill that I will not be watching anymore and if we all do that when his rating drop even lower he wont even get his 2 day a week show...I would love to see this show cancelled.

I am absolutely convinced that they are funding the defense. Even the reporter Longo, who was a Fox reporter, gave an extremely slanted report. Kimberly Guilfoyle isn't 100% prosecution either. She's the pone that kept pointing out the area wasn't under water. I won't watch GR any more. His whole show is ridiculous.

One more thing...I believe this is why Greta is paying almost no attention to this case, IMO.

I don't think GR is paying for the defense-he has too many kids to put through school.

It would be truly scummy if any of the defense experts are working with the idea of using this in a book. It would also be a huge conflicy of interest,IMO.

I NEVER watch Geraldo. I haven't been able to stomach his personality for many years, but last night flipping thru channels I stopped to see what they were saying about this case. Unbelievable. His, guest was saying that the tape ACROSS her mouth would have fallen off as she decomposed, blah, blah, blah. Wouldn't mention that it was WRAPPED all the way around her head. GR cut off the woman who opposed the views they were stating. Definate one sided view on this show, and refusal to be unbiased. Something is up here.

Actually, I've been a little unhappy with a lot of the newscasts that are too opinionated. They are supposed to present the news factually and they all have gotten carried away with speculation and bending the facts. That's our job!! Just give me the facts and I will form my own opinion. :) What in the world is NG gonna talk about when this is over?

I have a question.

How can all these "experts", without seeing the evidence be of any use to the defense? Wouldn't you need to examine all the evidence to determine what you believe is indeed what happened? So, all these experts, to be fair, should be paid for their evaluation. How does the defense know that it is going to be favorable for them? What if one of these experts evaluates and says KC did it and here is my opinion. Obviously they wouldn't testify.

If JB has hired these experts to "find" evidence to help his client, won't the jury see that? Wouldn't you question the integrity of an expert if they are being paid by the defense, do PR for the defense and have not evaluated the evidence prior to interviews.

If this is the case....the so called experts aren't really experts, to me. They are hired help. They are being paid to provide a service (I would really like to call it what I think, but fear being placed in time out). There isn't any honor in that.

Also, many of these experts are authors, as well. Anything that any of these experts produce (outside the KC case) I will not support. I will not watch "Bones" anymore. I will not purchase any of their books. I will not watch their interviews.

I guess I am just confused. How can JB "guarantee" these experts that the evidence will support KC's innocence?

Respectfully,
BeagleMom

That is exactly the point that a good prosecutor will bring out during cross-examination of the defense experts. He/she will paint each one as a hired gun who was paid a lot of money to form an opinion in the case--and who was on board to form an opinion before knowledge of the facts of the case.

GR was on M&J Friday morning and he definitely stated that KC was guilty and solely responsible for Caylee's death. That KC was the murder and no one else.

One of the few times that GR and Judge Jeanne Pierno (sp) agreed when they are together.

Where is the paper trail on who is funding the defense, anyway? Wasn't one of the news organizations working on it, or is that just a wish of mine? I mean, I have heard Baez stating that people are signing non disclosure agreements, but if you are in a publicly held corporation, even a media one, can you hide payouts and donations regarding something like this case?

So if Geraldo's group is funding the defense, or CNN or whomever, where would that documentation be??? I mean do you go into your bosses office and say, I need 250K for a bond on XYZ case and millions for experts-but bury it in the line items with office supplies???

When Lee flew to Orlando, who booked the flight and paid for the ticket? For example...

That is exactly the point that a good prosecutor will bring out during cross-examination of the defense experts. He/she will paint each one as a hired gun who was paid a lot of money to form an opinion in the case--and who was on board to form an opinion before knowledge of the facts of the case.

Amen. It's also fun to play the videos of said defense experts spouting off on NG and other news programs.

I dont think GR is funding the defense but I do think he is a little birdy that got LP involved and pointed Baez to team he has now.To me thats just as bad but thats just me:) GR can say KC is guilty in one breath and turn around and throw others under the bus to make her look inocent. Cant have it both ways so which is it :confused:

Actually, I've been a little unhappy with a lot of the newscasts that are too opinionated. They are supposed to present the news factually and they all have gotten carried away with speculation and bending the facts. That's our job!! Just give me the facts and I will form my own opinion. :) What in the world is NG gonna talk about when this is over?

snipped

When I was in journalism back in the 70's, our professor told us that our viewers or readers should never be able to figure out what our opinions on a story were. Today, it seems that journalists think everyone is entitled to their opinions. The whole profession has changed from investigators to news readers. Journalists are more about pretty hair, stage personna, and screaming headlines than they are about the story. They use bloogers as sources. It's pitiful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jab99
Back