Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?will re o

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gauging physical attractiveness according to the standards used every day in our society, Casey is an attractive girl. Pre-prison, she kept her hair in cutesy styles, she dressed neatly and she appeared to be a clean, hygienic individual who obviously took care of herself. She was physically fit and toned, and had an attractive body. She looked good. I don't think she is a 10 either, maybe a 7 or an 8...but regardless, just strictly on what Americans generally speaking would consider an attractive individual, Casey ain't half bad...

But there is that other thing...that horror thing...and THAT dulls the beauty and makes the attractiveness a moot point...it is actually a strike against her. Pretty girl like that, and from a well enough off family, what possible logic can it be for her to murder her baby and toss her out on the side of the road? Americans cannot make that gel-pretty woman murders baby...Strike against her.

But then she has so MANY strikes against her, this one cannot possibly tip the scales...they are so weighted on the side of strikes that the scale is touching the floor on that side...

"unpopular"?? THAT'S the best biaz could come up with ??

..she's a LITTLE MORE than that biaz.......

..as for the title of this thread----her being "pretty", hence unpopular?

..i never found her "pretty" to begin with------certainly not the 10 she gave the (invisible) zanny!

..in the blue dress @ fusion ( partying away while "searching for caylee) i would say a lot of guys would have hit on her, since she was putting it out there.

..and ( reading the transcripts of many of her male friends)--any guy, would have "got lucky" on any given night.

..does that make her "pretty"? sure, if "pretty available" counts.

If anything really, KC's looks should work in her favor. It's much easier to sympathize with an attractive person - its no surpise that attractive people can (not saying this is always the case) get further in life based on looks. Men find KC attractive and it's just easier to sympathize with someone who is better looking, unfortunately. In fact, I think that one of the reasons why this story is so compelling is because both mother and daughter are good looking, and Caylee is a very angelic and beautiful child.

Here's, IMO, why KC is so "unpopular":

- No true emotion shown for her child
- No remorse for anything (you can't tell me that even someone who is 100% innocent wouldn't feel guilty or personally responsible for her child's demise)
- Obviously a pathological liar, to the point where she even makes up imaginary people, places of employment, friends
- Uses her good looks to manipulate others, particularly men
- Saunters, overt hip swaying, smiles and casual nonchalance every time she was caught on camera until she went to jail for the final time.
- Partying while her daughter was supposedly kidnapped
- Stealing money from people she loves, family, friends, etc.
- Has a "me, me, me" attitude, has martyred herself before the public.
- NEVER reports her daughter missing. If her mother hadn't called the police, it never would have happened.

I could go on and on. Really, most of this case comes down to her behavior. How can you feel any sympathy for someone who owns up to nothing and does dispicable things on a daily basis? I'll borrow some of KC's venacular and say in a "backward sort of way" her looks do work against her - but only because it truly shows that external beauty is only skin-deep.

she is unpopular because she is cold as ice. listen to that first phone call home from jail. normal people find that horrifying.

no matter what she looked like.

she is unpopular because she is cold as ice. listen to that first phone call home from jail. normal people find that horrifying.

no matter what she looked like.

EXACTLY!!!!!! thank you 2gfish!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

I have to say that while I do not find KC ugly....I don't see any raving beauty either. I think she is like any other female and knows a few tricks to make herself more attractive. That is for those who aren't in jail. Don't think there are alot of tricks in jail.

I think in the beginning it was more about sexuality.....she used it freely and I think that can be an attractive quality to males.....doesn't work much on females tho.

I think her youth has the potential to effect her punishment more than KC's "cuteness" ever could, because she is just average looking. Now with males on a jury.....her sexuality might have an effect. ?? Maybe. While her "not being ugly", IMO, won't buy her any less punishment, if she were ugly.....now that could buy her more time in prison or even the DP IMO.

moo

Is KC unpopular because of her looks? No, IMO, she not that good looking. She is unpopular because she was in a position of trust with Caylee, being her mother, and she broke that trust in the worst way when she murdered Caylee. Unforgivable. Then she tried to keep her handy work from being found out by lying lying lying, leaving her daughter to rot in trash bags in a dump heap! That's why she's "unpopular" with me.

I have to say that while I do not find KC ugly....I don't see any raving beauty either. I think she is like any other female and knows a few tricks to make herself more attractive. That is for those who aren't in jail. Don't think there are alot of tricks in jail.

I think in the beginning it was more about sexuality.....she used it freely and I think that can be an attractive quality to males.....doesn't work much on females tho.

I think her youth has the potential to effect her punishment more than KC's "cuteness" ever could, because she is just average looking. Now with males on a jury.....her sexuality might have an effect. ?? Maybe. While her "not being ugly", IMO, won't buy her any less punishment, if she were ugly.....now that could buy her more time in prison or even the DP IMO.

moo
FYI There was some woman whose trial was being covered on CTV last year (or maybe many years ago-sorry) Anyway, the interviewer made a comment about how lovely she looked at the trial, well made up etc. Apparently inmates use vaseline on the tip of their finger and rub the pigment on coloured magazines to remove it. Ta Da- wipe it on your lid and you have eye shadow. Sorry for the OT

IMO, KC is average.............plain and simple..............pretty is only skin deep.

I don't think that she is unpopular because she is pretty. I don't think that many people care whether she is pretty or not.

Pretty people commit crimes too. But as others have said, her looks (if you think she is pretty) would help her not hinder her.

I think that she could get a lighter sentence because she is young and pretty than if she was old and homely. People, in general, tend to want to give young people a second chance to do right. This could come into play during a jury trial, I think.

Pretty or not, I think the unpopular category is given to her for the simple fact that she is so outright vain, pretentious and seemingly holds herself above suspicion or guilty conscience. Jose may be a dummy, but he's not stupid enough to deny that fact.

"unpopular"?? THAT'S the best biaz could come up with ??

..she's a LITTLE MORE than that biaz.......

..as for the title of this thread----her being "pretty", hence unpopular?

..i never found her "pretty" to begin with------certainly not the 10 she gave the (invisible) zanny!
..in the blue dress @ fusion ( partying away while "searching for caylee) i would say a lot of guys would have hit on her, since she was putting it out there.

..and ( reading the transcripts of many of her male friends)--any guy, would have "got lucky" on any given night.

..does that make her "pretty"? sure, if "pretty available" counts.

BBM, hope this is not off topic but....

None of KC's girl friends seemed to me to be 10s, isn't it odd that only the nanny, that no one ever saw, was?

Have you ever noticed that many times girls who are pretty but not beautiful subconscieneously (yeah I know spelling police arrest me now) hang around with girls that are not as pretty? This makes her the prettiest girl in the room thus boosting her ego and reinforcing the fact that she is a 10 (in her mind).

BBM, hope this is not off topic but....

None of KC's girl friends seemed to me to be 10s, isn't it odd that only the nanny, that no one ever saw, was?

Have you ever noticed that many times girls who are pretty but not beautiful subconscieneously (yeah I know spelling police arrest me now) hang around with girls that are not as pretty? This makes her the prettiest girl in the room thus boosting her ego and reinforcing the fact that she is a 10 (in her mind).
some one started a thread on that exact topic way back when and it stareted a war. so let's not go there please :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71087&highlight=attractive

hopefully it has been cleaned up LOL.

Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.

Oh GAG!!! "Don't hate me because I'm beautiful" -- no way. First, I don't think she's attractive, and second, she has told lie after lie after lie, and third, her party-girl/*advertiser censored* lifestyle is a 'waste, a huge waste'.

Treated differently how? I cannot see how she has been treated unfairly at all by LE or the courts. Matter of fact I think they have given her the benefit of the doubt too much in light of her obvious lies and exagerations.

Sorry JBean, I didn't know. I must have missed that thread.
Oh not a problem at all. i was just trying to head off your comment being a springboard for that discussion. :blowkiss:

Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.
I don't mean to be rude, but personally I don't think she's pretty. She's not physically ugly IMO, but not pretty, and definitely not strikingly attractive. Perhaps "the deed" of which she is charged may have alot to do with it, I don't know. Even if she were acquitted, the fact that she is a pathological liar, and the manner of which she conducts herself makes her very unattractive in my book.

And if she is treated differently, it is because of her own actions... MOO

JMO

I think that Casey's prettiness - because she was before she went to jail - and Caylee's gorgeousness, certainly made people pay more attention than they would have otherwise when this all began. I don't think anyone can deny that pretty children or women capture the media's and therefore people's attention more than those who are plain. So her prettiness did contribute to her unpopularity because it made her more well known than she would have been otherwise, therefore more people knew about her to dislike her therefore making her more unpopular...if that makes sense!!

I sorta liked when JB called KC "public enemy #1". Is "unpopular" an upgrade from his original descriptioin of how people feel about KC? Why don't we cut to the chase and call her what she is "monster" seems to fit nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth