Is Patsy Ramsey losing her battle with ovarian cancer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rainsong said:
Be that as it may, a dented bat doesn't get the job done--hitting the ball the way the hitter intends.

Rainsong

Here, I offer you a bit more education for the day.

http://www.nawcwd.navy.mil/techtransfer/baseball.htm

Weapons Survivability Laboratory Testing
Pays Off For
Louisville Slugger Baseball Bats

The pitcher was short, squat, and expressionless. But that 160-mph fast ball more than made up for appearances. When the folks at Hillerich and Bradsby Co., Inc. -- makers of the world-famous Louisville SluggerTM baseball bat -- came to China Lake, they knew that the pitcher would have the home-field advantage.

For four days last year, the distinctive "bonk" of horsehide on aluminum echoed through the Weapons Survivability Laboratory. The WSL and H&B were not engaged in a baseball game, however. They were using the WSL's equipment and expertise to characterize the performance of H&B's latest aluminum bat designs.

H&B is one of the oldest sporting-goods manufacturers in the nation. It opened its doors in 1884 and 10 years later registered the trademark Louisville Slugger with the U.S. Government. In 1905 Honus Wagner signed a contract to provide his autograph for branding on the bats, one of the first known professional endorsements of sporting goods. Since then the company has diversified into softball, golf, hockey, and street hockey equipment. Today H&B produces more than 2.5 million bats per year, more than half of which are aluminum.

"Aluminum bats are used everywhere except in professional baseball," noted Dr. Jay Bhatt, H&B's Director of Research and Development. "That includes Little League, Senior League, high school, and NCAA college sports. Aluminum bats perform about 20% better than wooden bats and they last longer."

I'd like to jump in on this wooden bat v. metal bat debate...it really does not matter what the little league regulations are regarding wooden bats...EVERYBODY in little league uses metal bats. They are lighter and they hit the ball farther. MLB is the only place you see wooden bats used regularly, and that is because they are not allowed to use metal bats. I have never seen someone use a wooden bat in little league when they are permitted to use metal bats. And most little league teams have a bunch of bats that the team uses. While their may be one selfish kid on the team who doesn't want to share his fancy bat, everyone, rich or poor, for the most part, has the opportunity to use a metal bat in little league, whether he owns one or not.

This discussion is pointless...

Rainsong said:
No, that is not what I am saying. I am saying Meyer used the word 'may' be remnants of pineapple because his education was not in the field of botany. Had this case ever gone to court, the prosecution would have to show, by use of an expert in the field, whether or not the remnants were actually pineapple. Meyer would have been able to testify as to what it 'may' have been, but not that it 'was' pineapple.

My analogies may not suit your taste, but they suit my purposes.

Rainsong
As has already been pointed out to you, the pineapple was identified by a pathologist, involving science and chemistry, outside of botany. The CBI would have done that testing and would have been the ones to testify to the fact of its origin. That's a fact not in dispute by anyone who is seriously discussing the evidence from reliable and reasonable sources. A botanist has nothing to do with this case.

why_nutt said:
Here, I offer you a bit more education for the day.

http://www.nawcwd.navy.mil/techtransfer/baseball.htm

Weapons Survivability Laboratory Testing
Pays Off For
Louisville Slugger Baseball Bats

The claim was made that wood bats are not allowed in Little League. The link I provided to the Little League website does not say wood bats are excluded, but they must meet certain criteria.

Rainsong

Moab said:
As has already been pointed out to you, the pineapple was identified by a pathologist, involving science and chemistry, outside of botany. The CBI would have done that testing and would have been the ones to testify to the fact of its origin. That's a fact not in dispute by anyone who is seriously discussing the evidence from reliable and reasonable sources. A botanist has nothing to do with this case.

We do not have confirmation from someone who actually examined the remnants and who is qualified in the field of identifying vegetable matter, and since it has been shown several times that Steve Thomas' statements were not always accurate, I'd rather wait for such confirmation.

Rainsong

Rainsong said:
We do not have confirmation from someone who actually examined the remnants and who is qualified in the field of identifying vegetable matter, and since it has been shown several times that Steve Thomas' statements were not always accurate, I'd rather wait for such confirmation.

Rainsong
Do you actually think that during an autopsy they call in someone "who is qualified in the field of identifying vegetable matter" to determine what is in someone's stomach? You should get a job for team Ramsey. You'll fit right in with these type of responses...

Rainsong said:

Rainsong
I didn't mention Steve Thomas. Who is we?

I said "The CBI would have done that testing and would have been the ones to testify to the fact of its origin." CBI is who would have tested the contents and passed the findings along to the coroner. If you are waiting for confirmation from the case file...don't hold your breath.

Voice of Reason said:
Do you actually think that during an autopsy they call in someone "who is qualified in the field of identifying vegetable matter" to determine what is in someone's stomach? You should get a job for team Ramsey. You'll fit right in with these type of responses...

No, but I certainly think they do have such 'remnants' examined by someone qualified to do so rather than depending on a pathologist's idea that it 'may' be such and such.

As I recall, Steve Thomas stated the BPD contacted the Dole Company, but does anyone have confirmation of that fact?

Rainsong

Moab said:
I didn't mention Steve Thomas. Who is we?

I said "The CBI would have done that testing and would have been the ones to testify to the fact of its origin." CBI is who would have tested the contents and passed the findings along to the coroner. If you are waiting for confirmation from the case file...don't hold your breath.

I mentioned Steve Thomas because his word is the only word in regard to the pineapple as noted in my post to Voice of Reason.

Rainsong

Voice of Reason said:
Actually they did examine the remnants.
ST's depo:

A. What I know about that is Detective Weinheimer received that assignment during the course of the investigation, employed the help of I think a biological -- or a botanist or somebody of some expertise at the University of Colorado, Boulder. The name Dr. Bach jumps out at me, as well as others, and he completed a series of reports concerning the pineapple and I think to save time one of those conclusions I think I put in the book.

Q. About the rinds being identical?

A. That it was a fresh pineapple consistent -- fresh pineapple with a rind.

Q. Rind being consistent -- oh, with a rind but consistent with pineapple found in the house or in the bowl?

A. Yeah, and let me clarify that, pineapple consistent down to the rind with pineapple found in the bowl in the kitchen.

Q. Consistent down to the rind. It seems to me pineapple with rind is pineapple with rind. Was there something unique about this particular rind?

A. I think they were able to determine -- well, in fact, I know that fellow Officer Weinheimer disclosed to us that they were able to characterize it as a fresh pineapple rather than a canned pineapple.

Q. Okay.

A. I think the investigation lent itself as far as, and Detective Weinheimer is a capable investigator,
as far as contacting Dole Pineapple in Hawaii, et cetera.

Q. Do you know whether there were any other reports on the pineapple, other than the autopsy
reports and Dr. Bach's reports?

A. Yeah, there was a series of reports on Weinheimer's investigation.

Q. Do you know anybody else by name that was involved in that, other than the Dr.Bach? I mean, Dole didn't give you any report, did they?

A. No, not that I'm aware of. Sorry, the names escape me but there are other reports with other planters, I guess, pineapple, for lack of a better term, experts.

In regard to the pineapple -- the Ramseys, Lin Wood, and all of the BORI are going to deny even the existence of the pineapple, despite it being in JonBenet's small intestine and in a bowl on the table. The Ramseys will never stop denying the existence of the pineapple because the pineapple proves there was no intruder.

JonBenet ate the pineapple about one hour before she died, and she wouldn't have eaten pineapple at the breakfast room table with an intruder while the intruder sipped on tea. And JonBenet wouldn't have snacked on pineapple downstairs with an intruder who had just abducted her from her bed and stungunned her. Get real.

The pineapple proves there was no intruder, and the BORI's only defense is to deny the pineapple even existed and otherwise try to confuse the plain facts.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
In regard to the pineapple -- the Ramseys, Lin Wood, and all of the BORI are going to deny even the existence of the pineapple, despite it being in JonBenet's small intestine and in a bowl on the table. The Ramseys will never stop denying the existence of the pineapple because the pineapple proves there was no intruder.

JonBenet ate the pineapple about one hour before she died, and she wouldn't have eaten pineapple at the breakfast room table with an intruder while the intruder sipped on tea. And JonBenet wouldn't have snacked on pineapple downstairs with an intruder who had just abducted her from her bed and stungunned her. Get real.

The pineapple proves there was no intruder, and the BORI's only defense is to deny the pineapple even existed and otherwise try to confuse the plain facts.

BlueCrab
I can't recall people denying the pineapple existed. Early on, there were apparently those who speculated it might be some other fruit. Personally I think she ate it before going to the White's.

tipper said:
I can't recall people denying the pineapple existed. Early on, there were apparently those who speculated it might be some other fruit. Personally I think she ate it before going to the White's.

tipper,

That would be impossible. JonBenet couldn't have eaten the pineapple prior to going to the White's. Please google the subject and then come back with with a credible comment about the pineapple. It's not a technical thing to understand what happens to food after a person swallows it.

The pineapple was in the beginning part of the small intestine, which means JonBenet likely ate it about one hour before she died. The cracked crab meal she ate at the White's had slowly progressed to the large intestine, which means she likely ate it about seven hours or so before she died. The cracked crab meal could not have bypassed the pineapple in the small intestine -- which is a narrow winding tube about 15 feet long in JonBenet's gut. That would be impossible.

The pineapple was the last thing JonBenet ate, and she ate it at the Ramsey's breakfast room table about one hour before she died.

BlueCrab

BlueCrab said:
tipper,

That would be impossible. JonBenet couldn't have eaten the pineapple prior to going to the White's. (snip)

BlueCrab

Not quite. A range of two to five hours is quite possible and given the variable rates of digestion, in any specific individual at any given time, the range could encompass a greater period of time.

Rainsong

tipper said:
Where do you find the cracked crab was in the large intestine?

There was no cracked crab in the large intestine, only "a small amount (8-11cc) of viscous to green to tan colored thick mucous material without
particulate matter identified" found in the stomach. The large intestine contained green fecal matter.

Rainsong

I agree Steve Thomas' word isn't worth anything but we also have Smit asking Patsy about pineapple. I'll accept it was pineapple. I don't think it's going to solve the murder.

tipper said:
I agree Steve Thomas' word isn't worth anything but we also have Smit asking Patsy about pineapple. I'll accept it was pineapple. I don't think it's going to solve the murder.

Oh, I believe it was pineapple too, but I'm not willing to accept Steve Thomas' word for it. I'd still like confirmation.

Rainsong

Jayelles said:
Am I missing something here? You introduced Toth's theory above as "based on nothing but conjecture? "

Please demonstrate how Bluecrab's theory is NOT based upon known evidence yet Toth's alien theory is?

Please note I said, my interpretation of Toth's theory.

Rainsong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member