Is There a new development regarding TES?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Then on Thursday, around 1:00 in the afternoon, nearly two weeks after Teeky had disappeared, the dog on the boat went into "alert" mode and shortly thereafter a body surfaced in the river, right alongside the four-man crew. They called Miller, who was on a bridge a mile away with a county investigator, and they sent for the sheriff and medical examiner. When the remains were identified as those of the missing girl, the team felt a grim sense of triumph: Their determination had paid off, but little Teeky had clearly been murdered. The autopsy indicated that she had been beaten with a blunt instrument and stabbed with a knife.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/texas_equusearch/2.html

SS - I think the article clearly stands for the proposition that TES will continue searching for a missing person despite LE pulling out of the search and having a suspect...

see below:

"Yet Carrington, 31, was not talking, and a week after Teeky had disappeared, she still had not been found. Local law enforcement made the difficult decision to pull their officers off the search, including Texas Rangers who had joined, because their resources were required elsewhere. Miller's team sought more volunteers to continue the search on their own."

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/forensics/texas_equusearch/1.html

It was only after LE, who was dealing with volatile suspects that may have murdered Teeky, pulled out & TES continued to search on its own that Teeky was found, and LE didnt pull out b/c they thought Teeky was deceased - they simply didn't have resources to continue.

Yes, but they wouldn't want to indicate her remains had been found until they *knew* it was her. DNA testing is not an instantaneous process as it is depicted on TV shows.

Also there is always the possibility that the Anthony's *have* been notified. They wouldn't want the public to know if her remains had been found IMO. It is already a media and protester circus.

LE AFAIK has no obligation to release information to family OR media when they are building a case until the discovery phase of a trial. I think in a unique situation like this that would include the discovery of a body.

--
I don't disagree with you - I've only been pointing out that LE does have a duty to notify Casey (unless she's been charged with Caylee's murder,w hich she has yet to be) if they find Caylee - which statement necessarily requires you assume they've identified the body as Caylee. ;)

do you think we all could be sitting here day after day trying to figure out what happened and unknown to us they already found the body?:waitasec:

I have been following TES and Tim for a very long time. I am not here to argue. I deleted my other posts. Please delete the references to my posts now. Thanks.

Patty, I agree with your take on this.
And I am agreeing with another poster that it is likely the bio-dad of Caylee.
Leonard said days (?) ago there was shocking news coming. Upon hearing that, I kinda gut-level felt it would be the paternity issue.

Same here Karenmamo,
A few weeks ago LP said practically the same thing.... something released that is going to shock the public.

That makes two people with similar statements but as was stated earlier in this topic, I think the TES spokeswoman might have spoken a wee bit too much before realizing what she said. And knowing media, they will take any little bit and run with it if it increases their viewing audience.
Not that I am blaming the media for this latest bit but let's face it, that old adage in the news dept. 'if it bleeds, it leads' is alive and well.

Tes calls off search 9-7-2008

About a week and a half the OCS officially called for alll ground searches to hault. Is that right?? Anyone know the date??

TES temporarily called off its ground search on Monday, September 08, 2008.

Now it seems to me IF her body was found, surely they would have some results by now!

I thought it was called off on Sunday, September 7?

if a bone were found by TES in an area of interest with other objects around that bone or bones.....that led LE and TES to believe they had found caylee....pending ID....then yes chezhire, TES and LE could know things a long time before mama, the press, websleuths, and the president of the united states do.

it's all "pending identification." if they have Caylee's body (meaning they know it's Caylee) they have a duty to notify next of kin (Casey) immediately...

and frankly, as pointed out on a few other threads today discussing whether or not TES found anything (See Poll on whether or not TES found Caylee,) a random bone in and of itself wouldn't be enough for a positive identification by itself anyway, so they wouldn't really "know" anything would they, since it could be from another child (think Trenton D.)

Now, if they found anything with any belongings of CAYLEE'S, they might "know" in advance of mama....

There would be nothing left for Casey to ID. It would have to be done by dental and forensic testing at this point.

SS, I would love LE to drag her azz to a coroner's office and force her to view the remains !!!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

I found the answer to the question of her carseat while researching the items they were told to search for. LE does have it.:

When I was in Florida working on the Casey Anthony case, I had an opportunity to interview Robert Dummett, Deputy Coordinator of Florida 3 Airboat Search and Rescue.

~snip~

David Lohr: "Regarding this specific search, for Caylee Anthony, what types of things are you looking for out there?

Robert Dummett: "In this mission, we are out there looking for anything that is unusual - anything that doesn't belong. We are looking for things such as blankets, sleeping bags and anything child related. It is very possible, if the child was put into a garbage bag, it could float. Early on they were looking for a child safety seat that has since been recovered. Not necessarily in this search effort, but law enforcement does have that in custody, so that has been excluded as an item we are looking for."

David Lohr: "Where was the child safety seat recovered?"

Robert Dummett: "I do not recall. I do not know if it was recovered as part of the search effort or if it was part of the evidence that was retrieved from a garage or home, but they do have it in custody."

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/09/the-caylee-anth.html

I just read this article and now i THINK they may have found something ..

interviewer question: What steps
do you take with your search team at
that point? ( when you think you have found something)

Tim Miller Response;
During my initial briefing of
the search team, I let everyone know
the basics. I tell them that when you
find something, you stop. You don’t
get excited. You just step backward in
the same steps you went forward with
so you don’t take a chance that you
will be contaminating anything. The
team leader stays there, within visual
distance of the body. Everyone else
leaves. But the team leader stays until
law enforcement arrives. And we let
everyone on the team know that you
do not dial 911—because if you do, the
media will probably get to the scene
before the police get there.

Interviewer Question:

So you are
media conscious, right?

Tim Miller Response:

Right. Many times, after a
body has been found at one location,
we have continued our search in other
areas for as long as three hours as if
nothing had been found. That way, the
police can get there and secure the
scene and start their investigation.

The article is from Evidence technology. I will post the link (below) if anyone is interested in reading the complete article Interesting..
It is a pdf. file

http://www.texasequusearch.org/applications/ETM%20V5N4%20EquuSearch.pdf

bump! and bold is mine. Again, a great find into how Tim runs his outfit! Great find!:clap::clap::clap:

OMG, something please happen and soon....... I want her highnass to be caught red-handed in all her little lies......... what will she say to that do you think?? Possibly, "uh huh".

I just read this article and now i THINK they may have found something ..

interviewer question: What steps
do you take with your search team at
that point? ( when you think you have found something)

Tim Miller Response;
During my initial briefing of
the search team, I let everyone know
the basics. I tell them that when you
find something, you stop. You don’t
get excited. You just step backward in
the same steps you went forward with
so you don’t take a chance that you
will be contaminating anything. The
team leader stays there, within visual
distance of the body. Everyone else
leaves. But the team leader stays until
law enforcement arrives. And we let
everyone on the team know that you
do not dial 911—because if you do, the
media will probably get to the scene
before the police get there.

Interviewer Question:

So you are
media conscious, right?

Tim Miller Response:

The article is from Evidence technology. I will post the link (below) if anyone is interested in reading the complete article Interesting..
It is a pdf. file

http://www.texasequusearch.org/applications/ETM%20V5N4%20EquuSearch.pdf

I just read this on another site that can't be named ;)
Was it you that posted it there as well?
Excellent find indeed!

maybe they need the DNA from the father first to make sure its a match before they release anything to public and media. I know if the body is badly decomosed it can be all kinds of problems -and they have to find alternative methods to properly id..

it's all "pending identification." if they have Caylee's body (meaning they know it's Caylee) they have a duty to notify next of kin (Casey) immediately...

and frankly, as pointed out on a few other threads today discussing whether or not TES found anything (See Poll on whether or not TES found Caylee,) a random bone in and of itself wouldn't be enough for a positive identification by itself anyway, so they wouldn't really "know" anything would they, since it could be from another child (think Trenton D.)

Now, if they found anything with any belongings of CAYLEE'S, they might "know" in advance of mama....

They can identify random bones though. They came up with many new ways of doing so through DNA. It's how many "random bones" were identified after 9/11.

bump! and bold is mine. Again, a great find into how Tim runs his outfit! Great find!:clap::clap::clap:

Later—after the police have notified the media and the public—we will call
off the search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online