Is there any possibility of a Plea Deal on the Murder Charges?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think this case will end in a plea agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • no

Votes: 100 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Because of ICA's propensity to lie, if there ever was a plea, or better yet, her attorney comes out with the story "we've all been waiting to hear"...I still would not believe a word spoken. It's much too late. The horrendous 'damage' has been done. Caylee is gone, and her mother tried to 'skate out' of the truth once again. No plea would be worth it. It would just be more lies.

...unless an accident is the big aha moment that we'll all understand at trial. JB kept talking about defense strategy and how it had to be a secret until trial. He could technically say Casey is innocent of the charges (1st degree murder) but guilty of an accident.

The other aha moment he was planning could have been the one Casey wrote about to her Cookie (or was it Muffin?). Casey wrote she left Caylee with the the nanny (cough) while she bought new stuff for them so they could move away together, basically keep her day and night while Casey got their stuff together so they could make their get-away. Casey let the cat out of the bag when she wrote about her plan to her new BFF in jail and the BFF didn't flushyroo. Maybe that was supposed to explain away why she wasn't looking for her and continued to party and shop for that month.

I think the scenarios above are totally ridiculous. I don't believe for one second it was an accident and we all know what she bought and it was nothing for Caylee. The defense has nothing, nada, zip. I'm just trying to figure out what JB's big 'aha we'll all understand' moment was supposed to be.

IMO

:clap: :clap:

Baez telling the press that "we would all understand" has to be up there with allowing Leonard Padilla to bail her out and using the services of Todd Black, Dominic Casey, and Laura Buchanan. It was sheer stupidity, from an inexperienced but ambitious lawyer who couldn't stay away from the media.

Like Cindy "No Comment", just wasn't in Jose's vocabulary. Baez and Muffin's greatest and eternal problem is Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, versions 1, 2 and 3. The spectre of Zanny the Nanny will totally negate any bushy haired patsy, Baez may try to implicate at trial.

I seriously doubt this crew intend to offer up any kind of "affirmative defense" :floorlaugh: never mind an aha moment. That would require putting moty, event coordinator, shots girl and cheque forger, Casey on the stand. :thud:

Can you believe they didn't go down this route though? I mean my god wouldn't it have been her best shot to say 'Yes, there was an accident, I put the duct tape on her face to stop the purging as she started to decompose and over her eyes so I didn't have to look at her anymore. She got into the pool. I panicked put her in the car and dumped her 2 days later. I didn't want to admit the truth to anyone because my Mom would have been proven right once and for all, but that is what happened.' Even if she wasn't believed by the state and the charge was still Murder for trial at least it would give her some plausible defense to go into it with, as opposed to whatever they have, that some random SODDI put Caylee's body on Suburban which will never work.

Just sayin' but Baez' inexperience is showing in more ways than one.

The other alternative would have been an early plea, but that didn't happen either, now she is on a one way trip to the maximum penalty because of the way this thing has been handled by herself, her attorney and her so called 'supporters' it's been an unmitigated disaster for them.

Not that I am complaining, but it is so nuts.

A long while back Richard Hornsby suggested this defense strategy and explained it so well that he had me convinced that if he were representing her and went with this strategy, he could have gotten a conviction on the lesser charge of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child, which the max sentence is 30 yrs, IIRC. I thought then, the defense would be crazy not to go with that approach. At the time, I recall being very concerned that was exactly what was going to happen...and it would've worked.

I'm gonna go try to find RH's comments..not sure if it was the title subject of one of his blogs or where he posted it, but I recall him explaining it well.

eta: Haven't been able to find RH's post, but Maura's post in the comments section (4/14/10 @ 12:27a) addresses it, too.
http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2010/04/of-rats-and-women/comment-page-2/#comments

Thanks 'Beach. I think RH would love to be on this case, should have been, and would have been well equipped to handle it well. Karma is a strange beast, she deserves what she gets I guess but it is frustrating to watch such stupidity in motion!

Can you believe they didn't go down this route though? I mean my god wouldn't it have been her best shot to say 'Yes, there was an accident, I put the duct tape on her face to stop the purging as she started to decompose and over her eyes so I didn't have to look at her anymore. She got into the pool. I panicked put her in the car and dumped her 2 days later. I didn't want to admit the truth to anyone because my Mom would have been proven right once and for all, but that is what happened.' Even if she wasn't believed by the state and the charge was still Murder for trial at least it would give her some plausible defense to go into it with, as opposed to whatever they have, that some random SODDI put Caylee's body on Suburban which will never work.

Just sayin' but Baez' inexperience is showing in more ways than one.

The other alternative would have been an early plea, but that didn't happen either, now she is on a one way trip to the maximum penalty because of the way this thing has been handled by herself, her attorney and her so called 'supporters' it's been an unmitigated disaster for them.

Not that I am complaining, but it is so nuts.

Yes, I have to agree with this, great post, this would have been the logical thing to have done, said it was an accident and throwing herself on the mercy of the courts. With her inexperienced lawyer and her huge ego leading she let that opportunity slip away.

Can you imagine, had she done this and got the courts sympathy she may have got a very light sentence, so glad she's a too self serving and arrogant to have seen that way out of her predicament. Too late now..

Orlando attorneys Cheney Mason and Whitney Boan will represent Windermere child-rape suspect Scott Frederick Bush.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,563483.story
Windermere child-rape suspect Scott Frederick Bush names private attorneys

http://www.wesh.com/news/26526679/detail.html
Cheney Mason To Represent Man Accused In Cover-Up

Mason's High Profile Orlando area Cases
1) Casey Anthony
2) Jim Greer
3) Isaac Burt
4) Scott Bush

Co-incidently, Mark NeJame is representing his friend suspended Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor

...unless an accident is the big aha moment that we'll all understand at trial. JB kept talking about defense strategy and how it had to be a secret until trial. He could technically say Casey is innocent of the charges (1st degree murder) but guilty of an accident.

The other aha moment he was planning could have been the one Casey wrote about to her Cookie (or was it Muffin?). Casey wrote she left Caylee with the the nanny (cough) while she bought new stuff for them so they could move away together, basically keep her day and night while Casey got their stuff together so they could make their get-away. Casey let the cat out of the bag when she wrote about her plan to her new BFF in jail and the BFF didn't flushyroo. Maybe that was supposed to explain away why she wasn't looking for her and continued to party and shop for that month.

I think the scenarios above are totally ridiculous. I don't believe for one second it was an accident and we all know what she bought and it was nothing for Caylee. The defense has nothing, nada, zip. I'm just trying to figure out what JB's big 'aha we'll all understand' moment was supposed to be.

IMO

Wasn't JB's "we'll all understand" comment BEFORE his Stomachache Hospital Incident? IMO that incident was when he realized things were not going to work out as he had hoped.

Orlando attorneys Cheney Mason and Whitney Boan will represent Windermere child-rape suspect Scott Frederick Bush.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,563483.story
Windermere child-rape suspect Scott Frederick Bush names private attorneys

http://www.wesh.com/news/26526679/detail.html
Cheney Mason To Represent Man Accused In Cover-Up

Mason's High Profile Orlando area Cases
1) Casey Anthony
2) Jim Greer
3) Isaac Burt
4) Scott Bush

Co-incidently, Mark NeJame is representing his friend suspended Windermere Police Chief Daniel Saylor

CM sure has some strange ideas about how to get ready for retirement doesn't he? How can he give any ONE of these cases the attention that is needed? I am going to assume that he is co-counsel on Burt and Bush, I know he is co counsel on Anthony and Greer. I wonder if he is just lendng his name and reputation to other attorneys - sort of like he did with JB?

Wasn't JB's "we'll all understand" comment BEFORE his Stomachache Hospital Incident? IMO that incident was when he realized things were not going to work out as he had hoped.

Hmmm, doesn't the defense get discovery a few days before we see it? Jose's hospital incident was Friday 2/13/09. Wednesday 2/18/09 a TON of evidence was released, including search warrant results and forensic results, but also including Dominic C's interview...and now I am firmly O/T and will refuse to comment any further (in this thread at least lol) on why DC's interview transcript might have caused Jose's stomachache.

I honestly CANNOT see ICA taking a plea deal. She is too confident (IMO) that she is going to beat this thing. We offered my brother and his wife's murderer a plea deal & he flatly refused it. Now the DA is seeking the DP & told us that he would get it. After all, he confessed to murdering them with a high powered rifle! What makes these people think they can walk away from this? I just don't get it. :(

CM sure has some strange ideas about how to get ready for retirement doesn't he? How can he give any ONE of these cases the attention that is needed? I am going to assume that he is co-counsel on Burt and Bush, I know he is co counsel on Anthony and Greer. I wonder if he is just lendng his name and reputation to other attorneys - sort of like he did with JB?

bbm

Bill Shaeffer did speak positvie of Mason in a recent interview video..saying a lawyer of Mason's caliber would be able to handle multiple high profile cases...2 of which are Death Penalty Cases

bbm

Bill Shaeffer did speak positvie of Mason in a recent interview video..saying a lawyer of Mason's caliber would be able to handle multiple high profile cases...2 of which are Death Penalty Cases

Well, Yeah if he can hear to defend them.

Hmmm, doesn't the defense get discovery a few days before we see it? Jose's hospital incident was Friday 2/13/09. Wednesday 2/18/09 a TON of evidence was released, including search warrant results and forensic results, but also including Dominic C's interview...and now I am firmly O/T and will refuse to comment any further (in this thread at least lol) on why DC's interview transcript might have caused Jose's stomachache.
LOL !! Just wait until until the trial . He should just reserve a bed at the nearest hospital now :floorlaugh:

If this does not end up in a plea deal JB's opening statement will be "must watch TV ".I'm dying to find out what the defense strategy actually is.......if they have one.

Sorry guys. It's not like me to be snarky. I just don't get it . :(

Besides the funny "Shady Mason" typo, this transcript really worries me. LP seems to really think if ICA's motions in liminie (sp?) are denied, and all the stuff from the 31 days come in, JB will talk to her about a plea deal. This really worries me because for some reason, LP and JB have become buds. And to read him and JVM talking about how smart JB is makes me sick and really glad I didn't watch. I prefer NGs coverage. Anyway, I will really be peeved if they dragged this out three years to cop a plea. But I also wonder if ICA would agree to it. She would have to would she not? Remember her furious scribble about Ashton being mad she didn't take a plea for something SHE DID NOT COMMIT? I don't think she would do it....

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/21/ijvm.01.html

MITCHELL: Well, that`s according to the prosecution. And by the way, we can tell you that we invited Jose Baez and Shady Mason part of Casey Anthony`s dream team, to be on our broadcast today.

MITCHELL: He`s a very smart, smart guy and I`ve talked to him many times.

PADILLA: Yes, he is. Yes. He`s not a dummy. He knows exactly where he`s at, but like any good attorney he`s going to push it right to the wall. I think when he sees this stuff coming in he`s going to sit back and say hey, fellas, what do we do now?

What`s plan B? Plan B is let`s see if we can get her off alive and that`s where it`s going to end up at. She`s going to have to --

MITCHELL: Stacey, you`re a Florida prosecutor. Do you buy Leonard`s theory, that there`s going to be some kind of deal?

HONOWITZ: I don`t know, but I can tell you, you know, when Jose does see -- it`s almost like a David and Goliath. If all this evidence comes in, there`s only a certain amount of things you can do as a defense attorney to keep your client from getting convicted.

And now it does become a matter of saving her life. The death penalty`s on the table. I think that`s what you shoot for at the end of the day, saving your client`s life.

Besides the funny "Shady Mason" typo, this transcript really worries me. LP seems to really think if ICA's motions in liminie (sp?) are denied, and all the stuff from the 31 days come in, JB will talk to her about a plea deal. This really worries me because for some reason, LP and JB have become buds. And to read him and JVM talking about how smart JB is makes me sick and really glad I didn't watch. I prefer NGs coverage. Anyway, I will really be peeved if they dragged this out three years to cop a plea. But I also wonder if ICA would agree to it. She would have to would she not? Remember her furious scribble about Ashton being mad she didn't take a plea for something SHE DID NOT COMMIT? I don't think she would do it....

MITCHELL: Well, that`s according to the prosecution. And by the way, we can tell you that we invited Jose Baez and Shady Mason part of Casey Anthony`s dream team, to be on our broadcast today.

PADILLA: Yes, he is. Yes. He`s not a dummy. He knows exactly where he`s at, but like any good attorney he`s going to push it right to the wall. I think when he sees this stuff coming in he`s going to sit back and say hey, fellas, what do we do now?

What`s plan B? Plan B is let`s see if we can get her off alive and that`s where it`s going to end up at. She`s going to have to --

MITCHELL: Stacey, you`re a Florida prosecutor. Do you buy Leonard`s theory, that there`s going to be some kind of deal?

HONOWITZ: I don`t know, but I can tell you, you know, when Jose does see -- it`s almost like a David and Goliath. If all this evidence comes in, there`s only a certain amount of things you can do as a defense attorney to keep your client from getting convicted.

And now it does become a matter of saving her life. The death penalty`s on the table. I think that`s what you shoot for at the end of the day, saving your client`s life.

IF a jury gives Casey LWOP instead of the DP, I do not think it will have anything to do with Casey's defense... simply because I do not think that a jury is going to give her the DP anyways.

I also could care less if Casey pleads out at the last minute as long as she never has a chance to get out of jail. Sure, I will feel somewhat cheated, but I do not feel that I need a jury to tell me that Casey is guilty and because of the Sunshine Laws, we have seen most of everything that we need to see.

It's not like the key players in this case are not going to start talking/writing books either after trial or after a plea... I think in due time, through trial or not, we will have all the answers we need... except the ever elusive WHY Caylee had to die. Casey will take that to her grave.

Justice for Caylee is Casey never getting out of jail... as long as that is accomplished... I am okay.

Quoting myself...remember this? The Shady Mason typo still cracks me up. Anyhoo, LP was referring to these motions that were decided today, correct? I wonder if, as speculated in the Stream of Motions thread, and by LP, the attorneys will be asking ICA to accept a plea.:truce:

What hearing were these motions heard at? Anyone?

I think we have to consider the source. He was going to get KC to talk by letting her shave her legs or some such sexist drivel IIRC. LP is getting paid to talk on the only show that still invites him on to do so, and isn't a lawyer. Even if he got this idea from JB, JB is barely a lawyer. I'm not sure the SAO would offer a plea deal at this stage anyway.

Did the judge warn them right off the bat when he came on that last minute pleas wouldn't necessarily be entertained? I have a vivid memory of it....or am I dreaming???

Anyway fear not my friend. If ICA cops a plea she won't get a makeover and new clothes. Priorities and all......:crazy:

Quoting myself...remember this? The Shady Mason typo still cracks me up. Anyhoo, LP was referring to these motions that were decided today, correct? I wonder if, as speculated in the Stream of Motions thread, and by LP, the attorneys will be asking ICA to accept a plea.:truce:

What hearing were these motions heard at? Anyone?
Sychronicity or what lol! The january one?? IIRC they were mentioned and the SAO said they were not going to object to the jib jab video or the past sexual history prior to June 16 but wanted limited ability to discuss her history with TL as she was supposedly searching, while she played house. The SAO submitted a written response to the other motions and the judge ruled based on the submissions of both sides, no doubt after researching every claim made LOL!

I think we have to consider the source. He was going to get KC to talk by letting her shave her legs or some such sexist drivel IIRC. LP is getting paid to talk on the only show that still invites him on to do so, and isn't a lawyer. Even if he got this idea from JB, JB is barely a lawyer. I'm not sure the SAO would offer a plea deal at this stage anyway.

Did the judge warn them right off the bat when he came on that last minute pleas wouldn't necessarily be entertained? I have a vivid memory of it....or am I dreaming???

Anyway fear not my friend. If ICA cops a plea she won't get a makeover and new clothes. Priorities and all......:crazy:

Let's not forget that not one single story or tall tale peddled by LP to the media, LE or anyone has turned out to have so much as a single thing in common with reality. if LP is saying something on TV, immediately bet on the opposite being true.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back