Is there any possibility of a Plea Deal on the Murder Charges?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think this case will end in a plea agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • no

Votes: 100 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO, she was not offered a plea today. ICA only stated that she had not engaged in a plea deal. Which is true, because way back when, she was offered one and declined.

IMHO She does not deserve a plea deal, did Caylee get one ? I think not, she deserves everything coming her way. Karma is, well you know ......

I'd have to think she'd take her chances if the offer was only for life in prison. Like someone said she still has a chance. Clearwater seems to be a very, very, very strange place and I would not trust some of the people we heard today to come through for Caylee.

Are you allowed to write to people anonymously in Jail?

I wouldn't mind shouting; Tell the truth and TAKE A PLEA to whatever you have done.

I am sceptical as to why the state left it so long to offer a plea?

Obviously part of the rationale behind the plea has to be cost and/or a weakness in their case.

They would only leave it so late to offer a plea if a weakness in their case suddenly developed or they became aware of (I doubt anything happened that material altered their prospects of success). Obviously cost is something that has been foreseeable for sometime.

So do we think that a plea deal would have been offered earlier?

They've offered before, this is just a last ditch effort .. by now the state would know she wouldn't take it, perhaps this last offer was more of a courtesy.

Keep in mind KB might have gotten this wrong. WFTV also reported this morning that gas chromotography was brand-new science. They are writing stories faster than their brains are working.

Oh so she is just assuming a plea deal because of HHJP's question to Casey? Kind of hope that is what happened actually and no offer was made this time.

They've offered before, this is just a last ditch effort .. by now the state would know she wouldn't take it, perhaps this last offer was more of a courtesy.
The State did not offer KC a plea deal lately, imo, these reports about it have been blown way out of proportion. The reporters took something HHJP said this morning, which was standard procedure, and blew it into something it was not.

My thoughts on this - reporter so busy trying to be the one who breaks the big story without having proper facts to back it up.

Here's a quote from the WFTV article:

"WFTV reporter Kathi Belich was told that the whole thing could have been avoided Monday because there was discussion of a possible plea deal, but Casey said no. She would have had to admit to every detail of Caylee's murder."

Notice the words "Possible plea deal".....this is a very vague statement and reminds me of something I might see in the Globe or the Weekly World News rags. moo

The State did not offer KC a plea deal lately, imo, these reports about it have been blown way out of proportion. The reporters took something HHJP said this morning, which was standard procedure, and blew it into something it was not.

I'm disappointed in Kathi for this one. She doesn't need to fabricate anything, there's enough real news on this case for her to report on.

Here is the article from WFTV:-

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/27821780/detail.html

It certainly sounds that it was more than just a formality offer...

I think what has happened is that WFTV reported it backwards.

HHJP asked ICA this morning if she would plea - she said no. If she had said yes, then I believe the SA may have stepped up with a plea, but I can't find anything that suggests it happened the way WFTV is implying it did.

Think it was a "coulda" kind of situation.

Why would anyone looking a life w/o parole take plea deal? Do you all think prison cake walk and fun? I think after you spend a few years in prison and see the only way you leaving is in a body bag , the Death Penalty will seem like it is like paradise. I mean come on living every single day of your life eating nasty food, in a nasty living area, with nasty people is the closest thing to hell on earth. Then knowing you will probably suffer from an illness later on after years of this..... makes an injection of pentobarbital a much easier option to go through. I could understand the justice of the death penalty if you make the guilty party suffer the same way of the victim, but since that's not the case than what's the point? Your actually costing tax payers at-least an extra million dollars on a death penalty case believe it or not.

I'm disappointed in Kathi for this one. She doesn't need to fabricate anything, there's enough real news on this case for her to report on.

Yes, this was not a great report by Kathi but I can understand why people based what they were saying on her report. Usually she is bang on and doesn't get it wrong. No harm no foul this time Kathi!

I'd have believed her if I hadn't watched it go down with my own eyes and ears this morning. I think if the SA had offered her a deal, HHJP would have actually said - I understand the SA offered you a deal over the weekend and I understand you are turning that offer down - is that true? Not just the one liner her asked her today as if to say - just checking that you aren't wasting our time before we start this.

Kind of like how the defense in every trial seems to ask for a mistrial even though there is no chance they will get it.

Yes, this was not a great report by Kathi but I can understand why people based what they were saying on her report. Usually she is bang on and doesn't get it wrong. No harm no foul this time Kathi!

I'd have believed her if I hadn't watched it go down with my own eyes and ears this morning. I think if the SA had offered her a deal, HHJP would have actually said - I understand the SA offered you a deal over the weekend and I understand you are turning that offer down - is that true? Not just the one liner her asked her today as if to say - just checking that you aren't wasting our time before we start this.

Kind of like how the defense in every trial seems to ask for a mistrial even though there is no chance they will get it.

TBH: She writes her report like she got information over and above what was said in court.

Therefore, I think she may have had a tip that a plea deal was offered.

All IMO.

Don't mean to sound stupid but why is everyone using ICA? Why is everyone calling her that?

Don't mean to sound stupid but why is everyone using ICA? Why is everyone calling her that?

I thought that but I suppose "CA" has been assigned to Cindy Anthony (which confused me when I first arrived I thought it referred to Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back