Is there any possibility of a Plea Deal on the Murder Charges?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think this case will end in a plea agreement?

• Yes

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • no

Votes: 100 55.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did they ask her IF she is considering a plea? That would not necessarily mean that she had been offered any plea.

HHJBP might have been testing the waters as well to push the SA to give her a plea if she had been open to one.

I did not see the report as being very clear as to exactly what the situation was.

Yes, we need a link please.

I know that HHJP asked her if she was going to plea and she said, "No."

But we don't know anything else without a link explaining the details.

ICA wants to be immortalized by the death penalty?
Get attention with appeals for years?
Books written about her?
In an odd way, I think she likes some of this.
I do not buy into any of her tears.........

Logical Girl says that the State did not offer her a deal, there is a standard protocol they observe before Jury selection that they ask her if she is interested in pleading...

Don't know why WFTV said they did. Just repeating what Kathi reported. They had pics of the plane and them on it. So that part was real I guess.

I am sceptical as to why the state left it so long to offer a plea?

Obviously part of the rationale behind the plea has to be cost and/or a weakness in their case.

They would only leave it so late to offer a plea if a weakness in their case suddenly developed or they became aware of (I doubt anything happened that material altered their prospects of success). Obviously cost is something that has been foreseeable for sometime.

So do we think that a plea deal would have been offered earlier?

Kathi Belich is reporting that ICA was given the chance before the jury selection started today and she said no. She would have had to admit to everything.

So it is on.

So the State gave her an opportunity to NOT go to trial and she refused.
Wonder what her Team advised? take it or take your chance with a jury

I am assuming this offer came BEFORE Judge Perry denied the DT's motion to exclude the Air Samples.

It's all coming IN to evidence at trial now...

http://www.wftv.com/caseyanthony/27821780/detail.html

"WFTV reporter Kathi Belich was told that the whole thing could have been avoided Monday because there was discussion of a possible plea deal, but Casey said no. She would have had to admit to every detail of Caylee's murder."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ies-as-Judge-Reads-Details-of-Daughters-Death

"Casey is charged with 1st degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer. She has pleaded not guilty and told the judge that she did not engage in a plea bargain with prosecutors."

IMO a plea deal should be for someone that is willing to admit their guilty and are actually remorseful about it. like in the case where someone snapped and the other person was killed but under normal circumstances the person that killed them would have NEVER done that.

Yes, we need a link please.

I know that HHJP asked her if she was going to plea and she said, "No."

But we don't know anything else without a link explaining the details.

Casey is charged with 1st degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to a law enforcement officer. She has pleaded not guilty and told the judge that she did not engage in a plea bargain with prosecutors.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ies-as-Judge-Reads-Details-of-Daughters-Death

Guys is there a link to this information? Or did I miss it entirely?

Thanks so much !

Personally, I'm glad she didn't accept the plea deal. This way we'll be able to see the truth revealed during the trial and we'll get answers to a lot of questions that we've been having for nearly 3 years!

If she plead guilty and got LWOP, I would feel cheated. (even though that what I think she's going to get at the end of the trial). I want her to suffer through the humiliation of being faced in court with the truth!

JMHO as always.

Keep in mind KB might have gotten this wrong. WFTV also reported this morning that gas chromotography was brand-new science. They are writing stories faster than their brains are working.

She will never take a plea, she thinks she is gonna walk out free and clear. Her attorney has filled her head so full of whatever that she actually thinks she did nothing wrong and has most likely convinced herself the nanny took her.

Baez will never allow that to happen. He's NOT going to be deprived of the media attention this trial is bringing him.

I'm sorry she didn't take it. You can see by the look on her face that the reality of this has come upon her. The choice now would be a long, long sentience, or risk the DP which I think she very well may get. I am not sure she still believes she can walk on this, and if that is so, a plea would be the best bet to stay alive and IMO she needs to take it.

I'm not happy about any of this, and watching this trial, while interesting is also very sad to me. Sure she's guilty, but she's still a human being, and one can see she's scared to death. Johnny C. is gone and no one can save her. She needs to tell JB to stop the train and she needs to get off at the next stop because this is ugly, and is only going to get worse. She is at the end of the hall, time to bring in some reality and fess up to what she has done.

Thanks so much for the links, you guys! I appreciate everyone scrambling to find them.

For the record, I heard with my own ears HHJP ask her if she was going to engage in a plea deal and she replied, "No." This is a standard, by-the-book type question for a judge to ask before entering into voir dire, especially one as lengthy and time consuming as this one.

Reporters are competitive, too. Everyone is excited and wants the scoop. All I am saying here is I am not buying ALL that is being reported right now. The only way ANY reporter could know such details as "she would have to tell everything" would be if one of the attorneys told them. LDB and JA have not uttered a sound in almost 3 years and I don't believe they started talking today. JB and CM wouldn't give Kathi Belich the time of day, much less help her get a scoop. So, call me cynical, that's okay with me. I am taking all this with a grain of salt. JMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back