Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If, and I emphasis IF, dad intentionally left his child in the car to die then why didn't he 'find' him when he put the light bulbs in the car and while he had an audience of friends?

How could he forget that his child was in the back seat in such a short period of time? Because he was just mindlessly going through the motions with the child, his thoughts were focused on his crotch. Irresponsible, selfish, devious, narcissistic, pathological sex addict - yes. Stone cold murderer of his own child? I am not convinced.

Why would mom instantly think that he left the child in the car once she learned that the child had not been dropped off for daycare? This is so odd to me.

I've thought about the lunch time drop in too. Did the other car go ahead and park, instead of wait for him? Did he just want to make sure the baby was life-less? Or by chance was Cooper still fighting for life and made a sound when the door opened?
I do feel like he killed him to get out of the marriage and that LH, who comes off as odd, with all the praising of the man who just let their child die, may be involved.
Out of all things to say, when the child is not at day-cared, why say that about the car? My guess, cause she'd been thinking about it all day. why not assume that the dad had laid out of work and him and Cooper were watching cartoons at home all day? Or that her husband had left her, and took the child from her cause he thought he was the better parent. For myself, I would have toought of ten thousand other things before that, but then, I've never done indepth research on the topic.

If, and I emphasis IF, dad intentionally left his child in the car to die then why didn't he 'find' him when he put the light bulbs in the car and while he had an audience of friends?

How could he forget that his child was in the back seat in such a short period of time? Because he was just mindlessly going through the motions with the child, his thoughts were focused on his crotch. Irresponsible, selfish, devious, narcissistic, pathological sex addict - yes. Stone cold murderer of his own child? I am not convinced.

Why would mom instantly think that he left the child in the car once she learned that the child had not been dropped off for daycare? This is so odd to me.

BBM - Perhaps RH had left Cooper alone in the car before while visiting a friend or to run in a store. Mom knew it. This is the first thought I had after first hearing her comment.

BBM - Perhaps RH had left Cooper alone in the car before while visiting a friend or to run in a store. Mom knew it. This is the first thought I had after first hearing her comment.

Me too. I suspect Ross used the car as a babysitter in the past - or "forget" Cooper in the car in the past. Maybe Ross "forgot" many grown-up responsibilities that his wife needed to remind him about or do for him. Just a hunch.

I think the smell is going to play big at the trial. The car was an small space without ventilation, it was hot, and the baby very likely dirtied his diaper not only with urine but with feces as well. That car had to have reeked when Ross drove it after work - and it probably reeked when he checked in at lunch time too.

jmOPINION

Me too. I suspect Ross used the car as a babysitter in the past - or "forget" Cooper in the car in the past. Maybe Ross "forgot" many grown-up responsibilities that his wife needed to remind him about or do for him. Just a hunch.

I think the smell is going to play big at the trial. The car was an small space without ventilation, it was hot, and the baby very likely dirtied his diaper not only with urine but with feces as well. That car had to have reeked when Ross drove it after work - and it probably reeked when he checked in at lunch time too.

jmOPINION

Good points being made.

This is JMO
The only thing I wanted to add to recent posts about the smell is JMO about this guy. Its just an impression I am getting about him from seeing him on the news and I may be totally wrong but he seems to me to be somewhat of a slob type person and he may have reeked himself and maybe he didn't smell much if he smelled bad himself.

I am trying to keep an open mind on this case too until I hear of more evidence. He strikes me of a very irresponsible person and very selfish and if he didn't take care of himself much then his ability to smell may have been impeded by his own odor. I could see this case going either way. I can see him stupidly leaving the kid by accident and not even thinking about it and I can also see where he may have done something on purpose.

I also got a distinct impression that he did not show as much remorse as I would have expected. That was a big warning sign to me. I only saw him on a few news clips so not much to work with for me.
All JMO and speculation of course.

I need to research more on the case and am anxious for the evidence to be presented.
I am interested in the evidence that will be presented. It will be interesting to see how the DT tackles the case.

I love the suggestion of taking off shoes as a reminder when traveling with a child in a car seat. That is a great suggestion.
Maybe even put the shoes right near the car seat so it forces us to go to the car seat to fetch them.

ETA
Just thought of a couple drawbacks with that solution. For one I think it may be illegal in some states to drive without shoes. I am not totally sure but I think some states may have that as a driving rule.
The other thing that is more personal is I have noticed when driving without shoes that it affects my braking ability because I don't seem to use the pedals as firmly as I would if I had shoes on. So I guess its a safety preference thing for me that I do like to have shoes on when driving. Maybe others can drive fine without shoes. For me it does seem to affect my driving a little bit.

There are probably other reminder ideas that would work for some people that may work just as well if the shoe thing doesn't work. Maybe putting a billfold or purse near the car seat would have the same affect. It would have to be something you would always usually check before leaving car. I always check for billfold so that may work for men and for women the purse may work.

jmOPINION

According to Podcast Episode 2, there was no mention of feces in the autopsy report. Only urine was listed.This was stated around the 16:30 mark.

According to Podcast Episode 2, there was no mention of feces in the autopsy report. Only urine was listed.This was stated around the 16:30 mark.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Seems like there must have been feces in the body that was expelled, but I guess not. (Sorry for discussing these kinds of details....but they do matter in this case, imo.)

Actually, there were two experts that discussed the odor. One was Joe Burton -- former chief medical examiner in metro Atlanta for 25 yrs. The other was also a medical examiner -- Seattle for 23 yrs. The expert opinion both gave was in regards to odor from decomposition. Do we know how long the urine in this particular case was subjected to extreme heat ?

I know JRH left the car around 9 am, and returned around 4 pm, so potentially up to 7 hours, surely at least 4 hours.

I think he may have been planning to "find" Cooper when he put the light bulbs in the car, but they drove off too quickly. OR, he may have just been checking to see if Cooper was dead yet.

As for why LeAnna instantly assumed "left in the car", there are several possibilities. He may have left Cooper in the car before without disastrous consequences. She may have known what he was planning. Or maybe he had threatened her that he would leave Cooper in the car someday unless she did what he wanted.

I really believe he's a psychopath. He has no conscience. He only cares about himself.

Actually, there were two experts that discussed the odor. One was Joe Burton -- former chief medical examiner in metro Atlanta for 25 yrs. The other was also a medical examiner -- Seattle for 23 yrs. The expert opinion both gave was in regards to odor from decomposition. Do we know how long the urine in this particular case was subjected to extreme heat ?

Also, the detective testified that the odor of decomposition was present even more than an hour after Cooper had been removed from the car, and numerous people smelled it.

I know JRH left the car around 9 am, and returned around 4 pm, so potentially up to 7 hours, surely at least 4 hours.

i don't believe the smell of a wet diaper, on a child, would overpower the car with urine odor in 7 hrs. IMO

I am not a hundred percent written in stone sure yet what exactly he is guilty of...but IMO he is not innocent.

Sorry to look like I am dodging but to me this is not an all or nothing case.

Also, the detective testified that the odor of decomposition was present even more than an hour after Cooper had been removed from the car, and numerous people smelled it.

To me it would have been very noticeable the second I opened the car door, but not everyone has such a sensitive nose. Still, in similar circumstances I believe most people would have noticed a very strong odor that would be out of place in their vehicle. He was just going on 2 and probably urinated not long after being placed in the car seat, then did so several more times that day. This had been too long a time in high heat in a closed space for it to not have reeked to high heaven, IMO.

I am arriving very late in starting to research this trial. I recall when it happened and quickly assuming father guilty from a 1 minute expose on evening news. Now in reading some of the details which I assume are videos currently in prosecutors hands. Have any of these videos been released yet in any doc dumps? Some have said defendant looked right or left ( I can't recall which direction) but have these videos been released to general public? One mentioned defendant sitting in car for 30 seconds once he arrived at work that morning and how he reversed to park his car. Do I have to wait until trial to see said videos?

I tend to agree with the medical examiners. A body doesn't decompose to the point of emitting an overpowering odor in that length of time. Unless the odor was strong, I can understand why someone might not notice. Knowing he had a child Cooper's age, I doubt he was able to retain that new car smell in his vehicle. When my kids were that age, I had to clean up everything from vomit to milk.

I tend to agree with the medical examiners. A body doesn't decompose to the point of emitting an overpowering odor in that length of time. Unless the odor was strong, I can understand why someone might not notice. Knowing he had a child Cooper's age, I doubt he was able to retain that new car smell in his vehicle. When my kids were that age, I had to clean up everything from vomit to milk.

It would if the body was literally baked for 7 hours. IMO, there will be a lot of witnesses confirming the overwhelmingly strong, unmistakable scent of death.

Ladies, as a reminder when traveling with a child in a car seat, put your purse on the back floorboard. Gentlemen, put your wallet there.

It would if the body was literally baked for 7 hours. IMO, there will be a lot of witnesses confirming the overwhelmingly strong, unmistakable scent of death.
The medical examiners gave expert explanations of why a body doesn't start emitting a strong odor in 5-hours. They discussed the bacterial process. There has to be bacterial growth before the body starts breaking down to the point of emitting a strong odor. It is gases caused by the bacteria that creates the strong odor of decomposition. The difference in high and low fat content was also discussed.

Will you please explain why you scientifically disagree with the ME's opinions. Exactly how does a dead body decompose to the point of emitting an overwhelmingly strong odor,5-hours after death. Thanks ~

A wallet wouldnt be a good enough reminder for most men. I never need/use my wallet at work. I could easily leave a child and wallet in car all day and not have a reminder until returning to car at say 5:00 p.m. I would almost say place your cell phone in rear floor with baby but many use cell while driving. I still vote on leaving shoes for my style of poor memory and a reminder when exiting vehicle.
attachment.php

Attachments

• mark it on your calendar.jpg
    mark it on your calendar.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 114
Ladies, as a reminder when traveling with a child in a car seat, put your purse on the back floorboard. Gentlemen, put your wallet there.

If you need a reminder, you shouldn't have children. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member