Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shameful. I hope we get a public statement by these media outlets. It's not enough to have fired these reporters, we need to know how it happened that they published these photos and how they vetted them.

Edited to add: I see that each of these news outlets has put out a statement denying they knew about the attack in advance. They need to say more about how they vet their reporters and photographers. The victims deserve more, Israel deserves more, and we, the American public, deserve more.
Right - the employer didn't know about the massacre in advance, but the freelancer did. The freelancer was paid for footage of the massacre, no questions asked regarding what the freelancer was doing breaching a border and holding a grenade heading towards the massacre. No questions asked of the freelancer why they did not immediately alert the employer about the pending massacre.

That a serious failure on behalf of the media outlets. The footage should have been immediately turned over to the Israeli government. Instead they paid the freelancers and published their footage.

What next? Mass murderers in the USA call up a freelancer to come and watch them shoot up a school and the media sits quietly waiting for the big scoop?

Snippets from lengthy article.
''These eyewitness testimonies from survivors of the Hamas massacre — in which some 1,400 people were murdered and 240 were taken hostage, the majority of them civilians — are horrific. The sexual abuse committed by Hamas includes acts of gang rape, genital mutilation and necrophilia.''
''The decision — made under war footing and a pressing need to identify the dead — to not use time-consuming crime scene investigation protocols to document rape cases has, however, fueled international skepticism over Hamas’s sexual abuse of victims while it held control over parts of southern Israel on October 7.''
''Now, a month after the massacre, the window for collecting physical evidence of rape that can stand up in court is closed, said a forensic official who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Under good conditions, authorities would have had about a week to collect evidence from bodies if they were promptly found and professionally handled.
“I can tell that I saw a lot of signs of abuse in the [genital region],” Maayan said, using her hand to euphemistically demonstrate. “We saw broken legs, broken pelvises, bloody underwear,” and women who were not dressed below the waist, she said.''
“Yes, we have seen that women have been raped. Children through elderly women have been raped. Forcible entry, to the point that bones were broken,” said Shari, who asked not to share her last name. “We saw genitals cut off,” she added. Shari is part of a special women’s unit that prepares female soldiers’ bodies for burial after mass casualty events. She, too, is not legally qualified to determine rape''.
''Another interrogated terrorist also said that Hamas had given them permission to rape the corpse of a girl.

He said that compatriots did “things a person doesn’t do – beheading people, having sex with dead bodies, meaning the body of a dead young woman,” adding that: “It’s not humans that do that.”

Shameful. I hope we get a public statement by these media outlets. It's not enough to have fired these reporters, we need to know how it happened that they published these photos and how they vetted them.

Edited to add: I see that each of these news outlets has put out a statement denying they knew about the attack in advance. They need to say more about how they vet their reporters and photographers. The victims deserve more, Israel deserves more, and we, the American public, deserve more.

IMO,, this is CNN, NYT, and AP pulling their version of 'Colonel Klink's".... ' I know nuttink.... I see nuttink...'

Or, my favorite from my kids when they were younger...
" But...I didn't KNOW ".......

For cryin out loud! These "journalists" portrayed inhuman suffering and murder.....over a month ago. And, now that they've been 'caught'....now the excuses come.

Imagine my 'suspicious cat' photo....

Who funds the AP, NYT and CNN?
Anyone???
Bueller?

Right - the employer didn't know about the massacre in advance, but the freelancer did. The freelancer was paid for footage of the massacre, no questions asked regarding what the freelancer was doing breaching a border and holding a grenade heading towards the massacre. No questions asked of the freelancer why they did not immediately alert the employer about the pending massacre.

That a serious failure on behalf of the media outlets. The footage should have been immediately turned over to the Israeli government. Instead they paid the freelancers and published their footage.

What next? Mass murderers in the USA call up a freelancer to come and watch them shoot up a school and the media sits quietly waiting for the big scoop?
Freelancers at 9/11.
I mean, how low can they go?
I know the answer.

Sorry but why oh why is a ‘journalist’ carrying a grenade in one hand and a camera in another? That’s supposed to be responsible journalism? And yes, the responses from the news outlets were beyond lame—shameful.

"Hundreds of millions a week.

The war is a huge cost to Israel.

The war with Hamas is a great burden for Israel's economy.

The local central bank announced on Thursday that the costs of the war for the country's economy amount to as much as $600 million weekly.

The bank's report explains that these losses result from the fact that approximately 360,000 people are out of work -
mobilized reserve soldiers and 144 thousand people evacuated from threatened areas around the Gaza Strip and on the border with Lebanon.

Also, the complete closure of educational institutions means a break in work for people employed there, and also forces many parents to stay at home to take care of children who cannot go to schools or kindergartens -
according to a report by the Israeli central bank, which is quoted by the Times portal of Israel.

The government is preparing an aid package

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotricz said that his ministry was working on a special aid package for the economy during the war, larger than the economic injection during the pandemic.

He assured that the country's economy is strong and will be able to withstand the war and the country's civilian needs.
It is not known yet whether the plan for a financial injection into the economy has already been presented to the Knesset.

Millions to rebuild the damage

Moreover, the Israeli Ministry of Finance announced in mid-October in a statement issued jointly with the Prime Minister's Office that it would allocate 1 billion shekels (nearly USD 250 million) for the reconstruction of towns located on the border with the Gaza Strip and destroyed during the Hamas attack on October 7.

A special government agency will be established that will operate for five years to supervise the reconstruction process."

From my country's MSM

"Hundreds of millions a week.

The war is a huge cost to Israel.

The war with Hamas is a great burden for Israel's economy.

The local central bank announced on Thursday that the costs of the war for the country's economy amount to as much as $600 million weekly.

The bank's report explains that these losses result from the fact that approximately 360,000 people are out of work -
mobilized reserve soldiers and 144 thousand people evacuated from threatened areas around the Gaza Strip and on the border with Lebanon.

Also, the complete closure of educational institutions means a break in work for people employed there, and also forces many parents to stay at home to take care of children who cannot go to schools or kindergartens - according to a report by the Israeli central bank, which is quoted by the Times portal of Israel.

The government is preparing an aid package

Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotricz said that his ministry was working on a special aid package for the economy during the war, larger than the economic injection during the pandemic.

He assured that the country's economy is strong and will be able to withstand the war and the country's civilian needs.
It is not known yet whether the plan for a financial injection into the economy has already been presented to the Knesset.

Millions to rebuild the damage

Moreover, the Israeli Ministry of Finance announced in mid-October in a statement issued jointly with the Prime Minister's Office that it would allocate 1 billion shekels (nearly USD 250 million) for the reconstruction of towns located on the border with the Gaza Strip and destroyed during the Hamas attack on October 7.

A special government agency will be established that will operate for five years to supervise the reconstruction process."

From my country's MSM

I suspect that the international company will step up with aid to Israel as they did for Ukraine, I certainly hope so. There have been deep pockets for Ukraine, I hope - and expect - the same for Israel.

I suspect that the U.S. will have deep pockets for Israel to help them with humanitarian, financial and other support. I am certain that Congress will make sure this happens.

In relation to the Ukraine-Russian war -

"Since the war began, the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress have directed more than $75 billion in assistance to Ukraine, which includes humanitarian, financial, and military support, according to the Kiel Institute for the World Economy, a German research institute. "

US State Department says it hasn’t so far found evidence for Israeli war crimes in Gaza​

The deputy spokesperson for the US State Department says Washington has so far found no evidence for claims by UN officials that Israel has been committing war crimes in its war against the Hamas terror group in Gaza.

“These are internal deliberative processes that are par for the course as we talk about the ways in which we go about this, but there is a rigorous process in place and we have not come to that conclusion in this specific case.”

'Hamas is the big controller, and the other factions are its decoy... The hostages are used to earn time. And those hostages could be used to protect the commanders, leadership,'@WalidPhares talks about Hamas' strategy after the PIJ released a video of 2 hostages

What a strange image that brings to mind - Hamas leader, brave with his AK47 and rocket launchers, lining up little children to stand in front of him to protect him from facing justice. It's an image that makes no sense - acting like a big shot but is in reality a mentally deranged cry baby.

''These eyewitness testimonies from survivors of the Hamas massacre — in which some 1,400 people were murdered and 240 were taken hostage, the majority of them civilians — are horrific. The sexual abuse committed by Hamas includes acts of gang rape, genital mutilation and necrophilia.''
''The decision — made under war footing and a pressing need to identify the dead — to not use time-consuming crime scene investigation protocols to document rape cases has, however, fueled international skepticism over Hamas’s sexual abuse of victims while it held control over parts of southern Israel on October 7.''
''Now, a month after the massacre, the window for collecting physical evidence of rape that can stand up in court is closed, said a forensic official who spoke on the condition of anonymity. Under good conditions, authorities would have had about a week to collect evidence from bodies if they were promptly found and professionally handled.
“I can tell that I saw a lot of signs of abuse in the [genital region],” Maayan said, using her hand to euphemistically demonstrate. “We saw broken legs, broken pelvises, bloody underwear,” and women who were not dressed below the waist, she said.''
“Yes, we have seen that women have been raped. Children through elderly women have been raped. Forcible entry, to the point that bones were broken,” said Shari, who asked not to share her last name. “We saw genitals cut off,” she added. Shari is part of a special women’s unit that prepares female soldiers’ bodies for burial after mass casualty events. She, too, is not legally qualified to determine rape''.
''Another interrogated terrorist also said that Hamas had given them permission to rape the corpse of a girl.

He said that compatriots did “things a person doesn’t do – beheading people, having sex with dead bodies, meaning the body of a dead young woman,” adding that: “It’s not humans that do that.”
We need a throw up emoji

"Giants see impact of Israel-Hamas war.

They change forecasts.

The Israel-Hamas war affects the activities and financial forecasts of the largest companies in the world, from the tourism industry to new technologies.

The conflict affects advertising revenues, tourism and supply chains.

As CNBC describes,
the Israel-Hamas war is affecting the revenues and financial forecasts of major corporations.

Tech companies are seeing how the conflict is impacting their workforce, advertising spending and supply chains.

The tourism industry is changing forecasts

American airline United Airlines admitted that its fourth-quarter results may vary depending on the length of the flight suspension in Tel Aviv.

United Airlines is one of several U.S. carriers, including Delta Air Lines and American Airlines, that have changed flight schedules as the conflict unfolds.
Boeing, in turn, said the conflict could potentially impact some suppliers.

Royal Caribbean, one of the world's largest cruise ship operators, estimates that the impact of route changes on the company's earnings will be 5 cents per share. The company also offered free use of its ship Rhapsody of the Seas to the U.S. government to help evacuate Americans from Israel.

The impact of conflict on technology companies

Snap, the owner of Snapchat, said it saw a pause in spending on
"a large number of primarily brand-oriented advertising campaigns" immediately after the war began. This had an impact on revenues so far this quarter. Snap said it would
be "imprudent" to judge what to expect in the current quarter "due to the unpredictable nature of war."

Many corporations, including Aon and West Pharmaceutical, focus on supporting employees and their family members living and working in the region.

Israel is known for its vibrant startup and technology scene, and entrepreneurs are now wondering how to operate in the new normal, especially as citizens are called to serve in reserve units."

Between all the go-pro footage and after-the-fact remains (not to mention confessions), do we really need rape kit analysis, etc to determine (or prove) "in a court of law" what happened????

What a strange image that brings to mind - Hamas leader, brave with his AK47 and rocket launchers, lining up little children to stand in front of him to protect him from facing justice. It's an image that makes no sense - acting like a big shot but is in reality a mentally deranged cry baby.
It's a tactic that's been used for millenia...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar