Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connecticut nurse recounts escape from Gaza amid Israel war. ‘We would wake up to bombs going off’

“We would wake up to bombs going off and smoke pouring everywhere,” Callahan said. “We woke up to machine gunfire one day. It was just, it was unrelenting all night long. None of us slept for 26 days, you just kind of took a nap in between bombs.”

One day while at a refugee camp in southern Gaza, Callahan said the population swelled with tens of thousands of displaced Palestinians, who were all forced to share four toilets and a single shower

Callahan has also been effusive in her praise of her Palestinian colleagues at Doctors Without Borders, who she said refused to leave the expats’ side until they cross the border, even as their own families fled the violence and, in some cases, became victims themselves.

“We would have died in a week without them,” Callahan told CNN’s Anderson Cooper in an interview this week. "They are the only reason we are alive.”

I had already been pondering the economic effect that this attack by Hamas would cost Israel.

@Dotta named some companies I hadn’t yet considered.

It’s sickeningly obvious that tourism, El Al airlines, cruise ships, the very impressive Israeli tech and medical research industries and many others will suffer financially.

The cost of the war itself, including training reservists and the use of necessary equipment will be inordinate.

Medical care for the survivors must be extensive.

Horrifically so many people in the prime of their lives have been slaughtered. That leaves many of their careers without employees.

I have stock in Israeli companies and naturally they have gone down.

There are people worldwide who will die of illnesses, because Israeli companies who were inventing cutting-edge treatments will no longer be able to continue.

All I as an individual can do is donate to trustworthy organizations that help the Israelis, just as I’ve done for a year with Ukraine and have done now for a month in Israel.

I’ve attended one pro-Israel rally but my family is worried for my safety. In NYC where I’ve always felt untroubled about being Jewish.

The war crimes of Hamas spread their tentacles far and wide.

We also have all heard the ayatollahs of Iran call the USA the “Great Satan.” They have the same plans for us as they do for Israel.

I lived through 9/11—please don’t be deceived that it’s only Israel that terrorists plan to destroy.

IMO

I had already been pondering the economic effect that this attack by Hamas would cost Israel.

It’s sickeningly obvious that tourism, El Al airlines, cruise ships, the very impressive Israeli tech and medical research industries and many others will suffer financially.

The cost of the war itself, including training reservists and the use of necessary equipment will be inordinate.

Horrifically so many people in the prime of their lives have been slaughtered. That leaves many of their careers without employees.

There are people worldwide who will die of illnesses, because Israeli companies who were inventing cutting-edge treatments will no longer be able to continue.

All I as an individual can do is donate to trustworthy organizations that help the Israelis, just as I’ve done for a year with Ukraine and have done now for a month in Israel.

I’ve attended one pro-Israel rally but my family is worried for my safety. In NYC where I’ve always felt untroubled about being Jewish.

We also have all heard the ayatollahs of Iran call the USA the “Great Satan.” They have the same plans for us as they do for Israel.

I lived through 9/11—please don’t be deceived that it’s only Israel that terrorists plan to destroy.

IMO
I mourn tourism.
All these Christian groups visiting Holy Land - millions of people from all over the world!

I have always wanted to visit Israel one day -
but, to be honest, I don't think so any more :(

Maybe in DISTANT future.
(when I will be old and retired and the world will be a peaceful place).

Last edited:
''The new four-hour pauses will take place in a different northern Gaza neighborhood each day, with residents notified three hours ahead of time. They will be able to use this time to either evacuate to the south via the two humanitarian corridors that Israel has established or leave their homes in order to restock on food, medicine and other aid, the senior Israeli official said.

The neighborhoods chosen for the pauses will only be publicly announced shortly ahead of time in order to prevent Hamas from exploiting them for military purposes, the senior Israeli official added.''

'Nov 9, 2023
Amid all the intense diplomatic moves to free the 239 hostages being held in Gaza - the calls are growing for Israel to implement a pause in the fighting in exchange, a pause longer than three days, according to President Biden.

''The new four-hour pauses will take place in a different northern Gaza neighborhood each day, with residents notified three hours ahead of time. They will be able to use this time to either evacuate to the south via the two humanitarian corridors that Israel has established or leave their homes in order to restock on food, medicine and other aid, the senior Israeli official said.

The neighborhoods chosen for the pauses will only be publicly announced shortly ahead of time in order to prevent Hamas from exploiting them for military purposes, the senior Israeli official added.''
Smart move (imo).
'Nov 9, 2023
Amid all the intense diplomatic moves to free the 239 hostages being held in Gaza - the calls are growing for Israel to implement a pause in the fighting in exchange, a pause longer than three days, according to President Biden.
A pause longer than three days is BS. jmo

With over 2 million people living on a tiny Strip, I'm not so sure what could be different.

But if we mean tunnels - I agree :)
Fill the tunnels with concrete, remove antisemitism from the education curriculum, remove religious ideology from the curriculum, separate military and civic offices from schools, mosques and playgrounds, demand cleanliness and removal of graffiti, clean up the dirty streets, establish trade schools so people of Gaza can rebuild their cities, instill pride in people for what they have, and get rid of the attitude that someone owes them something.

Most importantly, establish a justice system for a civilized society based in law that punishes murder. Finally, build a really big prison. Gaza should house, clothes and feed their own murderers, not Israel.

Fill the tunnels with concrete, remove antisemitism from the education curriculum, remove religious ideology from the curriculum, separate military and civic offices from schools, mosques and playgrounds, demand cleanliness and removal of graffiti, clean up the dirty streets, establish trade schools so people of Gaza can rebuild their cities, instill pride in people for what they have, and get rid of the attitude that someone owes them something.

Most importantly, establish a justice system for a civilized society based in law that punishes murder. Finally, build a really big prison. Gaza should house, clothes and feed their own murderers, not Israel.
Great ideas :D

If YOUR ideas are implemented,
YOU might get a Nobel Peace Prize!!!

How is that?
Wow! :)

IMO
Agree it’s against not Israel - it’s ALL the infidels they want to kill, that’s everyone (else) with other beliefs. I survived the 1993 WTC bombing, initially was told it was some mechanical failure, only to learn later that evening that than someone tried to kill ME & others, because we were US.
Sam Harris - Making Sense podcast #340 explaining jihad is a thorough explanation and shines a light on naïveté of pseudo-woke western society. Jihadi’s aren’t crazed mentally ill lunatics - they are people believing they are doing good and will be rewarded. The Muslim children dying in Hamas own bombings as human shields are martyrs. Not sad deaths, but glorious.
I went to a pro-Israel rally but frankly and frightened of the Pro-P crowd.
I don’t like to be frightened into silence… but they scare me.

Is this guy working both sides of the street, or what??
Exactly.

An additional concern is that these journalists for CNN ... like the one they cut ties with (and are there any more they should reconsider ?); may be carefully taking photos of carnage inflicted on Gaza by Hamas and claiming it's the IDF.
Disgusting if so.

All msm need to carefully vet their information before uploading it to the masses.
I'd have thought this was already understood by them ?
Omo.

"Israel demands answers from CNN, Associated Press and Reuters over claims freelance photographers 'embedded' with Hamas to cover October 7th attack:

'These journalists were accomplices in crimes against humanity'.

In response to the criticism,
a CNN spokesperson told:

'We had no prior knowledge of the October 7th attacks'.

'Hassan Eslaiah, who was a freelance journalist working for us and many other outlets, was not working for the network on October 7th'

'As of today, we have severed all ties with him.'

In a previous statement, the network said it had not found 'reason to doubt the journalistic accuracy' of his work.

The New York Times issued a full-throated denial of the allegations.

It had hired photographer Yousef Masoud, whose photographs portray the violence in Gaza.

'The accusation that anyone at The New York Times had advance knowledge of the Hamas attacks or accompanied Hamas terrorists during the attacks is untrue and outrageous.
It is reckless to make such allegations, putting our journalists on the ground in Israel and Gaza at risk.
The Times has extensively covered the Oct. 7 attacks and the war with fairness, impartiality, and an abiding understanding of the complexities of the conflict'.

'Though Yousef was not working for The Times on the day of the attack, he has since done important work for us.
There is no evidence for Honest Reporting’s insinuations.
Our review of his work shows that he was doing what photojournalists always do during major news events, documenting the tragedy as it unfolded,'
the newspaper said.

The Associated Press, in its statement, denied having any prior knowledge of the attack and insisted the first photos it received were taken after it began.

'The first pictures AP received from any freelancer show they were taken more than an hour after the attacks began'.

'No AP staff were at the border at the time of the attacks, nor did any AP staffer cross the border at any time'.

'We are no longer working with Hassan Eslaiah, who had been an occasional freelancer for AP and other international news organizations in Gaza'.

'AP uses images taken by freelancers around the world. When we accept freelance photos, we take great steps to verify the authenticity of the images and that they show what is purported'.

'The role of the AP is to gather information on breaking news events around the world, wherever they happen, even when those events are horrific and cause mass casualties'."

Thanks for this link. ^^^

Almost like the msm who hired Hassan Eslaiah are in damage control mode.
But really -- if HE knew about this as it was happening, why didn't he alert the IDF ?
Did he help Hamas in taking photos and videos ?
Etc.
Omo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads