Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well at this point how would any country know for sure that those they are taking in are not HAMAS supporters? How do they vet those that they would bring to their land? I understand that everyone in Gaza is not supportive of HAMAS, but it is who is running the show at this point. All those terrorists have mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, children... how would countries know for sure they were not opening their country up for these terrorists too? I am not suggesting everyone is a terrorist so please don't read that in what I've said.

Thinking what we saw early on with one terrorist telling his parents about what he'd done and they were thrilled for him. They might not be part of HAMAS, but the support of it is equally disturbing.

I understand why countries are leery.

Also, too many countries in the middle east won't stand up and say exactly what HAMAS is. Until the world takes a stand against terrorism we will never get rid of it. They will always have a safe place to go hide within these countries that won't denounce it and won't stand up on their own to eradicate it from their borders.
Ita.
Esp. the bolded which is disturbing and sad !!
Omo.

It is beautiful. A lot Music. Some Prayer. A few speakers. Over 200,000 in attendance. It is not a demonstration at all. It is a very peaceful march of solidarity.
I'm not at all surprised. Israel and Jews just want peace. They want to live their lives and not fear being harmed, invaded, and attacked.

The message is that Israel is one of our most important allies in the Middle East and that we stand with Israel. That's the message that we are sending. Biden said early on that our support for Israel is "ironclad."
Correct— if the US asks Israel to de-escalate or stand down— there is absolutely no incentive for Israel to do so because they are already receiving billions of dollars in aid. With no strings attached, it appears.

Not all of us are ok with the funds being spent to kill/harm civilians.

Wikipedia
O/T. Oh dear. The subject of my MA thesis in history is on wiki. 90% of the content is completely wrong. Much of it is anecdotal and when I last looked, several years ago, none of it was peer reviewed. Anyone can post anything. And it’s not sour grapes on my part because the author didn’t cite my thesis.

That is half of the reality. Palestinians have pulled stunts over the years- including attempted coups and "out gunning and out drive bying" local criminal rivals. So... welcome mats have been rolled up.

But.... there are millions of Palestinians living in other Arab countries. For example, Lebanon has hundreds of thousands. Palestinians in Lebanon - Wikipedia
Bbm:
Can you please provide proof of this ?

Thank you

Abu gotta' a little dressing-down by the PA news, I guess...

Palestinian Authority Daily Reacts To MEMRI TV Clip Of Hamas Official Abu Marzouk Stating That The Tunnels Protect Hamas, Not Civilians: This Is Absolute Selfishness, Not Resistance

In its November 13, 2023 editorial, the Palestinian Authority daily Al-Hayat Al-Jadida harshly criticized Hamas official Mousa Abu Marzouk for his October 27 statements in an interview on the Russian state-controlled international news television network RT – statements that were translated and published by MEMRI.

Bbm:
Can you please provide proof of this ?

Thank you
I cant provide absolute proof of anything- but neither can anybody else ("Cant prove a negative" concept)

But... I can provide an additional source. This one is from the United Nations: Palestinian Programme
And another source from the BBC: Lebanon clashes: Thousands flee violence at Palestinian refugee camp

(note the fighting between Palestinians in the Lebanese Refugee camp illustrates why welcome mats have been taken up- too many armed, bored and unemployed ("able" in some case) young men cause problems.

But.... there are many Palestinians living in Lebanon. I, nor anybody else, however, can "prove a negative".

Last edited:
O/T. Oh dear. The subject of my MA thesis in history is on wiki. 90% of the content is completely wrong. Much of it is anecdotal and when I last looked, several years ago, none of it was peer reviewed. Anyone can post anything. And it’s not sour grapes on my part because the author didn’t cite my thesis.
"If anyone can post anything" - try it :)
You can edit Wiki, no?

Does it mean "Wikipeda lies"?

Phew
Lies, lies lies
Nothing but lies :rolleyes:

How to live? :confused:
JMO

Last edited:
I’m not the individual you were replying to, and I mean no disrespect— has your thesis been peer reviewed and published?

Wikipedia is an approved source here, last I checked.

If anyone can post anything - try it :)
You can edit Wiki, no?
Does it mean "Wikipeda lies?"

Phew
Lies, lies lies
Nothing but lies :rolleyes:

How to live? :confused:
JMO

Wikipedia is good for a quick glance at a subject, while remembering that it is not peer-reviewed as @Tony1902 says. There is a lot of misinfomation, error, and particular points of view on Wiki that often aren't balanced/challenged/pointed out in the entries. That is why we don't allow our students to use Wiki as an academic resource when they submit term papers, etc. at our colleges and universities. They have to rely on original research, not secondary sources.

I’m not the individual you were replying to, and I mean no disrespect— has your thesis been peer reviewed and published?

Wikipedia is an approved source here, last I checked.

I'm not the person you were replying to, but yes, a graduate thesis and/or dissertation is peer-reviewed at the college or university where it is submitted.

Not all graduate theses and dissertations are published, but are available in academic circles for scholars doing research on similar topics.

I'm not the person you were replying to, but yes, a graduate thesis and/or dissertation is peer-reviewed at the college or university where it is submitted.

Not all graduate theses and dissertations are published, but are available in academic circles for scholars doing research on similar topics.
No offense, but I am not willing to accept an anecdotal report of someone’s thesis as a reputable source, without further information!

They can provide a MSM resource about Wikipedia if they are trying to make a point, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3