Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder...
Imagine 2state solution comes to life...
It might mean that settlers would become an ethnic minority in Palestinian state, no? :rolleyes:

Wow, this post really shows a subtle, but very different reality for Israel.

In the past, western nations simply did not get involved in any Israeli / Palestinian conflict unless the involvement was fully affirmed and supported by Israel. I really, really doubt Israel has affirmed this proposed action by the UK.

But..... 300,000 (+) protestors marched in London on 11/11. Though some will claim they are HAMAS supporters, they might be opposed to the way the Palestinian people have been treated for generations?

In either case, 300,000 marchers, their families and friends equals alot of votes. This then moves the UK to consider actions that they never would have considered before.

Sunak will work with Israel to try to goods into Gaza by air and sea. I am sure they are hoping that supplies will get there a lot faster if they work with Israel to use Israel's ports and airspace, rather than using the border entry with Egypt, where aid gets held up continuously.

I see no evidence that Sunak will try to bypass the Israeli government.

And not just in the UK, but in the US as well. <modsnip - politics>

And... as your post indicates, they also appear to be changing in Israel. My bet that a protest march of any kind, and of any size, in the midst of a shooting war would have been unheard of in the past. Rather, the expectation would be that all Israelis support the government's decisions for the duration of the war.

You're never going to get 100% of your citizens to support the government 100%. That's just not realistic. Especially in a democracy.

Abdel Aziz al-Rantisi​

Anyone know if Rantisi Hospital was named after him?

Certainly seems to be the case.

Besides being a terrorist organization co-founder, al Rantisi was also a Pediatrician. The hospital is a pediatric hospital.

No other "al Rantisi" shows up in my searches - just he and the hospital.

'Nov 13, 2023 #Israel #Gaza #News
Israel's forces have reached Gaza's largest hospital, where hundreds of patients and civilians are believed to be sheltering inside. Israel says Hamas is using them as human shields, and it produced images of what appears to be an underground bunker discovered under another hospital.'

Nov 9, 2023 #breakingnews #headlinenews #news
His story is stomach-turning but when one of Israel’s most elite combat medics thinks of all the horrors he witnessed on October 7 when Hamas terrorists struck, it’s not the death that gets him.It’s the signs of life; the glimmers of hope and resilience. Two babies, found alive in a cupboard where their parents hid them before being slaughtered.A woman’s first gasps of fresh air after 10 hours huddled in a bomb shelter with six children. And the old man, standing in front of his burning home in a street full of corpses, who told the young men and women in uniform “Yihiyeh tov” – everything will be all right.Those words crushed Major G, a battle-hardened operative with Unit 669 who gave The Australian a harrowing first-hand account of October 7.

NOW: NSC spokesman John Kirby confirms Hamas/Palestinian Islamic Jihad using hospitals in Gaza "to conceal and to support their military operations and to hold hostages"

"Hamas and the Palestinian Islamic Jihad big members operate a command and control node from Al Shifa in Gaza City. they have stored weapons there, and they're prepared to respond to an Israeli military operation against that facility," he says.

Thank you to each and every one of our Jewish and non-Jewish brothers, sisters and allies. Your support during this difficult time means everything to us and we feel your love always, but especially today . Am Yisrael Hai #MarchForIsrael

This expression of gratitude from Israel's leaders always brings tears to my eyes, because they must feel terribly alone and isolated on the world stage. This kind of show of support is so important.

Last night I watched an interview with Netanyahu and even though he stated that he knows that the U.S. government stands behind Israel, he also thanked the American people for their support, in spite of the minority of people who take to the streets with their misnformed messages. At the end of the interview, he said: God Bless America. And God Bless Israel.

Very moving.

• “If we are closer to a hostage release & I’m not sure we are… it’s because Hamas is under amazing pressure”• “Israel is conducting itself in the framework of int’l law”• “Our policy is victory in the south, deterrence in the north” Watch my full interview w/ @MarkRegev

This expression of gratitude from Israel's leaders always brings tears to my eyes, because they must feel terribly alone and isolated on the world stage. This kind of show of support is so important.

Last night I watched an interview with Netanyahu and even though he stated that he knows that the U.S. government stands behind Israel, he also thanked the American people for their support, in spite of the minority of people who take to the streets with their misnformed messages. At the end of the interview, he said: God Bless America. And God Bless Israel.

Very moving.
I just watched President Herzog speak. He is truly a special human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member