Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Nurit Cooper, 79, was held in the warren of tunnels beneath Gaza with four older Israelis in the early days of the war. They were kept in a small room with little light or ventilation, according to Rotem Cooper, her son.

Nurit Cooper’s shoulder was broken “as part of the brutality of the kidnapping,” her son said. The group of hostages, all in their 70s and 80s, he added, struggled to walk in the dark, sandy tunnels.

Nurit Cooper and another hostage, Yocheved Lifshitz, 85, were released last month, but their husbands are still captive in Gaza. Cooper’s husband, Amiram Cooper, 84, is the among oldest of the remaining hostages.The captors took his glasses and have deprived him of needed medication, his son said.”

[…]

BBM:
“It was in that room, Mor said, that the family learned that Ruth Munder’s son, Keren’s brother, had died. They were listening to a report on Israeli radio, which they could occasionally hear.”

I'm guessing that the hostages were split into small groups that fell under the leadership of some more-senior Hamas terrorists. As some of the released hostages have spoken of being with specific people.

Some are/were in tunnels, some not. Some had one pita bread between 4 people, some had more food (have yet to read of anyone having fresh fruit or veg), and probably some suffered more brutality in captivity than others. Depending on the personality and resources of the leader in charge of them.

imo

'Bombardment everywhere' - UNICEF

UNICEF's Global Spokesperson James Elder, who is in Gaza, has said there is "intense bombardment everywhere" since the ceasefire ended.

Speaking on RTÉ's Morning Ireland, he said it was "perplexing, disheartening and disdainful" to see "the green light" had been given again following the end of the truce.

"You see the trauma in children's eyes, both their own fear but also as they start to look in their parents eyes as they did this morning and realise that mum and dad can't protect me. The wounds of war in children are probably something I've not seen as intensely before.

"Incredible number of amputees. When your home is hit by a rocket, the injuries to children are burns, shrapnel, they are broken bones and you see that en masse."

He said within seconds of the truce ending "you could hear the drones and the blasts".

Mr Elder said he immediately went to Nasser hospital where hundreds of women and children are taking refuge in the corridors and waiting rooms.

He has described how an explosion hit a home near to the hospital and they fled that scene as quickly as they could.

"We left that scene as quickly as we could as usually there is a second or third attack. Then I spent an hour at the hospital. There were many more attacks, very close. Now I am under a table speaking to you," he said.

Important Reminder:

Before the truce ended, the rockets were being fired once again at Israel. I think it's amazing that Hamas violated a ceasefire on October 7th 2023 to massacre innocent civilians, then people screamed at Israel for a ceasefire. Hamas just violated another ceasefire after many more violations of it through which Israel remained more than patient, Israel is now responding, and people are already screaming for ISRAEL to stop.

Total denial that Hamas are the bad guys. Ostrichs.

Hamas violated the operational pause, and in addition, fired toward Israeli territory.The IDF has resumed combat against the Hamas terrorist organization in Gaza.

IDF says Hamas has violated the ceasefire by firing rockets at Israel, and in response, has renewed its attacks on the terror group.

#BREAKING: Hamas violates ceasefire for the second time tonight

I just want to point out that Northern Gaza's power comes via fuel (generators or otherwise).

I noticed in all the footage of the soon-to-be-released hostages that during the handovers in northern Gaza the past two days the Palestinian onlookers certainly seemed to have access to fuel/power to charge up all those cell phones etc.

So they've at least got 'some' of that humanitarian fuel delivery. That should have been taken as a sign that Hamas has completed it's own replenishment ... that the innocent Gazans doing the filming now had access to fuel/power to reharge phones.

I'm guessing that UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric didn't consider that when she made the comment and asked for a longer cease fire, on Thrusday. I wonder if she is lamenting all the fuel being wasted right now as rockets are fired at Israel. If there is fuel available, it should be used first for getting water.

6:32 am

Israel drawing up plans for global campaign to assassinate Hamas leaders — report

Israel is planning to hunt down Hamas leaders around the world once it shifts away from fighting the group in Gaza, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Spy agencies have been ordered by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to draw up plans to assassinate the group’s top leaders outside of Gaza, who live in Turkey, Qatar and elsewhere, the paper reports, citing Israeli officials.

[...]

The paper also reports that Israel is looking into the possibility of expelling lower-level Hamas fighters from Gaza to shorten the war.

Puts Israel on a par with Putin's Russia which is also alleged to assassinate enemies of the state.
My opinion

Puts Israel on a par with Putin's Russia which is also alleged to assassinate enemies of the state.
My opinion
Well, there are some who believe that if Israel had done this pre-emptively to protect it's citizens they would have got a "pass" on any blame by anyone; <modsnip>

Israel can't win no matter what it does.

That's exactly why Israel must win in the Gaza. Their very existence depends upon it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Important Reminder:

Before the truce ended, the rockets were being fired once again at Israel. I think it's amazing that Hamas violated a ceasefire on October 7th 2023 to massacre innocent civilians, then people screamed at Israel for a ceasefire. Hamas just violated another ceasefire after many more violations of it through which Israel remained more than patient, Israel is now responding, and people are already screaming for ISRAEL to stop.

Total denial that Hamas are the bad guys. Ostrichs.

I don't think so ... I really don't. At least not on this thread. We all see the atrocities that happened on Oct 7th, and that there are innocent hostages - and their families and communities - still suffering.

There are just different levels of empathy for the innocents who are being killed and maimed because they have nowhere to run to.

Everybody here is upset, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

imo

Last edited:
I'm guessing that the hostages were split into small groups that fell under the leadership of some more-senior Hamas terrorists. As some of the released hostages have spoken of being with specific people.

Some are/were in tunnels, some not. Some had one pita bread between 4 people, some had more food (have yet to read of anyone having fresh fruit or veg), and probably some suffered more brutality in captivity than others. Depending on the personality and resources of the leader in charge of them.

imo

Indeed. And it seems there may have even been some variances within the groups themselves. Iirc from one article, they slept on plastic chairs but not all of them had sheets.

Ref / Freed Israeli hostage describes deteriorating conditions while being held by Hamas

“Freed hostages have mostly kept out of the public eye since their return. Most details about their ordeal have come through relatives who have visited them….said they slept on plastic chairs. She said she covered herself with a sheet but that not all captives had one.”

My opinion

Source- my best friend's family fled Russia but Putin's assinating his own citizens is well documented.

Putin has citizens of their own state declared enemies of their own state and has them removed.

Well, there are some who believe that if Israel had done this pre-emptively to protect it's citizens they would have got a "pass" on any blame by anyone; there's posts made this morning on that very subject.

Israel can't win no matter what it does.

That's exactly why Israel must win in the Gaza. Their very existence depends upon it.

I agree Israel can't win no matter what it does especially if the world sees it getting down into the gutter along with terrorist organisations.

The resultant resurgence of anti Jewishness the Zionist war being waged in Gaza has encouraged has undone the work of many years and is going to be a lasting legacy in unsettling world peace.
My opinion

I don't think so ... I really don't. At least not on this thread. We all see the atrocities that happened on Oct 7th, and that there are innocent hostages - and their families and communities - still suffering.

There are just different levels of empathy for the innocents who are being killed and maimed because they have nowhere to run to.

Everybody here is upset, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

imo
Let's start with Qatar:

Empathy is one thing, but spinning & ignoring FACTS to blame Israel and thus continually try to dehumanize them is quite another. The tictok crowd will read the below and really think that Israel started this.

Twice now it was HAMAS who broke ceasefires (October 7th and this morning), yet ... nary a mention that it was actually HAMAS that broke it, instead it's all about ISRAEL resuming the war/"Israeli Agression".

Statement |Qatar expresses its deep regret at the resumption of the Israeli aggression against Gaza following the end of the humanitarian pause

Let's start with Qatar:

Empathy is one thing, but spinning FACTS to blame Israel and thus continually try to dehumanize them is quite another.

Twice now it was HAMAS who broke ceasefires (October 7th and this morning), yet ... nary a mention that it was actually HAMAS that broke it, instead it's all about ISRAEL resuming the war/"Israeli Agression".

Statement |Qatar expresses its deep regret at the resumption of the Israeli aggression against Gaza following the end of the humanitarian pause

Oh wow…

—-

Hamas’ ceasefire violations are well documented.

Last edited:
Let's start with Qatar:

Empathy is one thing, but spinning & ignoring FACTS to blame Israel and thus continually try to dehumanize them is quite another. The tictok crowd will read the below and really think that Israel started this.

I did say on this thread. :)

“GAZA, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Israeli warplanes resumed pounding Gaza, Palestinian civilians fled for shelter and rocket sirens blared in southern Israel on Friday as war resumed after a week-old truce ran out with no deal to extend it.

As the deadline lapsed, Reuters journalists in Khan Younis in southern Gaza saw eastern areas come under intensive bombardment, sending columns of smoke rising into the sky. Residents took to the streets fleeing for shelter further west.”

Man…

Oh wow…

Hamas’ ceasfire violations are well documented.
Yep. Hamas broke the ceasefire this morning and restarted this war.

The Qatar Statement is a LIE.

Israel did not "resume it's Israeli Agression following the end of the humanitarian pause". It resumed this war when Hamas violated the ceasefire by firing rockets into Israel and firing upon troops in the Gaza this morning.

Hamas resumed the war. Hamas does not care about it's innocent civilian population. Hamas are terrorists. Hamas must go.

That is the fact of the matter.

Qatar. That’s a whole subject in itself. Going to need more coffee for that one, but it sure is an active player in all this, as we know been forefront in the hostage negotiations.

—-

Yep. Hamas broke the ceasefire this morning and restarted this war.

The Qatar Statement is a LIE.

Israel did not "resume it's Israeli Agression following the end of the humanitarian pause". It resumed this war when Hamas violated the ceasefire by firing rockets into Israel and firing upon troops in the Gaza this morning.

Hamas resumed the war. Hamas does not care about it's innocent civilian population. Hamas are terrorists. Hamas must go.

That is the fact of the matter.

Parties have also said throughout the week the pause will continue if the flow of hostages released continues, right? There must be an issue with the continued release of hostages (as Hamas had referenced). Behind, catching up.

Last edited:
Maybe Hamas don’t have any more alive hostages? :(

That is a possibility.
Despite having clearance and complying with instructions from the occupying forces Dima Alhaj's family and extended family were all but wiped out in a targeted bomb strike.

Snip
WHO announced that Ms Alhaj had died at her parents’ house in southern Gaza – where she had gone after Gaza City was evacuated – which was bombed.

Reportedly, over 50 family and community members sheltering in the same house also died.

WHO’s director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, shared the news on X, formerly known as Twitter.

He wrote: “My colleagues and I are devastated: we have lost one of our own in Gaza today.

“Our young @WHOoPt (WHO in occupied Palestine) colleague Dima Alhaj was tragically killed alongside her six-month-old baby, her husband and 2 brothers. Reportedly multiple other family members sheltering in the same house were also killed.

I have no words to describe our grief."

To be honest, I am amazed that so many hostages were recovered from the chaos and devastation in Gaza, a place where civilian life comes cheap.

Qatar. That’s a whole subject in itself. Going to need more coffee for that one, but it sure is an active player in all this, as we know been forefront in the hostage negotiations.

—-

Parties have also said throughout the week the pause will continue if the flow of hostages released continues, right? There must be an issue with the continued release of hostages (as Hamas had referenced). Behind, catching up.
Hamas also failed to produce a "next list" of hostages to be released IAW the ceasfire terms. Apparently, they've run out of them.

“The Israeli military announced it had "resumed combat operations" and its warplanes were striking the enclave, accusing Hamas of violating the truce first by firing rockets and failing to free all the women it was holding hostage.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand