Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

“GAZA, Dec 1 (Reuters) - Israeli warplanes resumed pounding Gaza, Palestinian civilians fled for shelter and rocket sirens blared in southern Israel on Friday as war resumed after a week-old truce ran out with no deal to extend it.

As the deadline lapsed, Reuters journalists in Khan Younis in southern Gaza saw eastern areas come under intensive bombardment, sending columns of smoke rising into the sky. Residents took to the streets fleeing for shelter further west.”

Man…

I don't know where the people are supposed to go.

In the article that I posted earlier, the analyst said that (he thinks) if it looks like the people are going to be forced over the border (meaning into Egypt) other nations will get involved. Link

I am finding that tweet by Qatar Ministry of Affairs very concerning, frankly a possible game changer, imo.

—-

Hamas also failed to produce a "next list" of hostages to be released IAW the ceasfire terms. Apparently, they've run out of them.

Saw that one coming, sadly. I believe I did a rough math equation on it a few days ago, looking, will add as eta.

——

Eta:

Approximate math equation from Wednesday
Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

Last edited:
I read Al Jazeera, but I don't think that's how politics work in Israel. I've been following elections for about 8 years. It's based on party. Whichever party gets the most votes makes a coalition with other parties. So many times I thought Netanyahu was out because Likud didn't have enough seats. It the coalition doesn't form, secondary leader will bring groups together. Usually the secondary leader is Netanyahu. Then he's PM again. When he loses, he wins!

Basically the electoral system is a fair one allowing minorities to be represented.

But that is the weakness too if coalitions can only be formed when extreme minority parties co-operate with the highest bidder; not for the common good, but to further their own agenda.

My opinion

I don't know where the people are supposed to go.

In the article that I posted earlier, the analyst said that (he thinks) if it looks like the people are going to be forced over the border (meaning into Egypt) other nations will get involved. Link

There is no candy coating. It’s going to be brutal.

What’s left of Gaza is likely to become blown to smithereans. Jmo.

Israel said they would resume with full force, and there is no doubting this.

No more hostage releases, ceasefire violations…it’s over for Gaza, imo.

Last edited:
More than one thing can be true at the same time.
Hamas are evil monsters.
Innocent children are dying in Gaza.
Both those statements are true.
Expessing empathy for children in Gaza is not blaming Israel or trying to erase Hamas's culpability or being anti-semitic.

"Either/Or" "All or Nothing" thinking does not get us far. Nothing is wrong with expressing empathy for innocent children.

It goes without saying that what Hamas is doing is barbaric and evil. Israel is justified in stopping them.
I stand with Secretary Blinkin. He is on the ground and talking with all the players and knows what's going on more than any of us here.
Secretary Blinkin sees all the intelligence and will have military advice to lean on. Making his opinion and conclusions something which carry a lot of weight and are well worth heeding.
My opinion

Last edited:
Secretary Blinkin sees all the intelligence and will have military advice to lean on. Making his opinion and conclusions something which carry a lot of weight and is well worth heeding.
My opinion

Speaking of Blinken, it’s been amazing imo to see Blinken’s involvement in all this 24/7. Talk about pressure, etc.

What’s so wild to me is just a few days before October 7 he was singing the blues.

What an awful turn things took…

IDF publishes 'red alert' system for Gaza civilians

The residents of the Gaza Strip are not our enemy," said the IDF spokesperson for Arabic media, Avichay Adraee.

The IDF published a map splitting the Gaza Strip into small alert zones which it will use to provide safety instructions to Palestinian civilians in the Strip on Friday as part of continued efforts to protect non-combatantsused by Hamas as human shields.

IDF publishes 'red alert' system for Gaza civilians

That map is something else.

"The IDF works strongly against the terrorist organizations and makes great efforts to distinguish between the civilians and the terrorists. The residents of the Gaza Strip are not our enemy," said Adraee in the video. "Because of this, the IDF conducts a controlled and precise evacuation of the Gazan population with the aim of removing them as much as possible from the war zone."

1701427438905.png

#عاجل In preparation for the next stages of the war, the IDF publishes a map of the evacuation areas (“blocks”) in the Gaza Strip: dividing the territory of the Strip into areas according to the division into known neighborhoods in order to allow Gazans to orient themselves, understand instructions, and move from specific places if they are asked to do so. This is to ensure their safety. Follow the map carefully.

"The IDF works strongly against the terrorist organizations and makes great efforts to distinguish between the civilians and the terrorists. The residents of the Gaza Strip are not our enemy," said Adraee in the video. "Because of this, the IDF conducts a controlled and precise evacuation of the Gazan population with the aim of removing them as much as possible from the war zone."

View attachment 465052

#عاجل In preparation for the next stages of the war, the IDF publishes a map of the evacuation areas (“blocks”) in the Gaza Strip: dividing the territory of the Strip into areas according to the division into known neighborhoods in order to allow Gazans to orient themselves, understand instructions, and move from specific places if they are asked to do so. This is to ensure their safety. Follow the map carefully.

It's good. I think they have been listening to Mr Blinken. Re: doing more to protect the innocent citizens and having fewer people evacuate from their homes.

imo

Bringing forward for reference, November 13 tweet from i24News

“Hamas only holds some 150 Israeli hostages and the Islamic Jihad around 30. The rest are held by Palestinians who had crossed the border on Oct 7 and returned home 'with a pet Israeli' in tow, Rami Igra, former Mossad chief of hostage rescue, tells
@laura_i24

——

Eta: compare this to rough approximate math equation from 11/29/23:

Ugh, I hope proof of life has been confirmed though for more than just seven hostages.

In the video reposted below, he says they think “25” meet the category of women and children. But I meant to ask also when. I posted that if they absolutely have proof of life for all 25, or if they’re going by the number of those remaining in this category that were thought to have been taken to Gaza.

Head is spinning…

Let’s say 100 hostages are not alive, whether murdered or killed in airstrikes, and are not being held back for bargaining purposes, this would leave around 40ish-50ish left after the latest releases (approximate numbers).

If so, they are running out of hostages with which to negotiate, again IF Hamas’ claim of 60+40 unaccounted-for has any credibility at all.

Thinking out loud, sorry if brainfarts anywhere.

—-

Eta/Ref: “As we speak, we understand there are 25 people that fit under the category of women and children, at least…”

(Eta2: Note to self, additional rough estimates posted earlier in case need to come back to this, maybe about a couple weeks ago, iirc accounts for 5 additional bodies found so around that time. Maybe 234-235).

Last edited:
I just want to point out that Northern Gaza's power comes via fuel (generators or otherwise).

I noticed in all the footage of the soon-to-be-released hostages that during the handovers in northern Gaza the past two days the Palestinian onlookers certainly seemed to have access to fuel/power to charge up all those cell phones etc.

So they've at least got 'some' of that humanitarian fuel delivery. That should have been taken as a sign that Hamas has completed it's own replenishment ... that the innocent Gazans doing the filming now had access to fuel/power to reharge phones.
Solar power?

Solar power?
But they had "no power" before the ceasefire due to "lack of fuel". At least not enough to charge up cellphones so that those Doctors and reporters and aid organizations could communicate with their counterparts in the north (or anywhere) as I recall. Unless a whole lot more solar panels made their way in during the humanitarian pause rather than the medical supplies they say they are still so in need of.

I don't know what was on their trucks.

I’m sad to see the fighting resume however, I didn’t see any other option for Israel.

You cannot negotiate with a terrorist organisation such as Hamas.

Hamas not providing a list of the next hostages to be freed worries me - does this mean that the others are now presumed deceased?

A report in the Wall Street Journal: Hamas is having difficulty obtaining four kidnapped women who are being held by other organizations in Gaza. According to a quoted Egyptian source, Hamas continues to hold American citizens as a "strategic asset" that can be a "bargaining card" for the continuation of the ceasefire.

Waiting on Net’s and IDF’s next briefings (not sure if any have posted yet since fighting resumed, still catching up). I imagine they are going to be a powerful address about defeating Hamas full force, as they always are.

Additionally it must be noted Sinwar also just said “October 7 was just a rehearsal.”

It was obvious, imo, the window of a truce was closing.

Let's start with Qatar:

Empathy is one thing, but spinning & ignoring FACTS to blame Israel and thus continually try to dehumanize them is quite another. The tictok crowd will read the below and really think that Israel started this.

Twice now it was HAMAS who broke ceasefires (October 7th and this morning), yet ... nary a mention that it was actually HAMAS that broke it, instead it's all about ISRAEL resuming the war/"Israeli Agression".

Statement |Qatar expresses its deep regret at the resumption of the Israeli aggression against Gaza following the end of the humanitarian pause

Qatar is expressing its “deep regret at the resumption of Israeli aggression against Gaza…”

Sinwar just said “October 7 was just a rehearsal”!

View attachment 465052

Quite honestly, I doubt I have ever seen such outrageous information put about to civilians living in a war zone by the occupying forces.

In fact I am sure I have never seen such arrogance when it is known previous action has resulted in thousands of civilian deaths and as reported the disabling and maiming of many thousands of children.

Common sense dictates terrorists and terrorism cannot be defeated like this.

Snip
But as the Israelis would discover when fighting the Palestinians, determined terrorists/freedom fighters often grow another head when one is lopped off.
The group was disbanded after the creation of Israel but another of its leaders, Yitzhak Shamir, followed the Irgun's Begin to become prime minister in the 1990s.
Stern's analysis, at the the end of the day, was correct: if the Jews were to have their independent state in Palestine, the Arabs would have to be defeated - and the British would have to go.

The only defence the people of Palestine have is for the Israelis to stop bombing them not checking the map to see which zone is being targeted that day.
Absolutely outrageous!
My opinion

Quite honestly, I doubt I have ever seen such outrageous information put about to civilians living in a war zone by the occupying forces.

In fact I am sure I have never seen such arrogance when it is known previous action has resulted in thousands of civilian deaths and as reported the disabling and maiming of many thousands of children.

Common sense dictates terrorists and terrorism cannot be defeated like this.

Snip
But as the Israelis would discover when fighting the Palestinians, determined terrorists/freedom fighters often grow another head when one is lopped off.
The group was disbanded after the creation of Israel but another of its leaders, Yitzhak Shamir, followed the Irgun's Begin to become prime minister in the 1990s.
Stern's analysis, at the the end of the day, was correct: if the Jews were to have their independent state in Palestine, the Arabs would have to be defeated - and the British would have to go.

The only defence the people of Palestine have is for the Israelis to stop bombing them not checking the map to see which zone is being targeted that day.
Absolutely outrageous!
My opinion
And I have never seen another nation give such advance warnings to innocent civilians. Roof-knocks, phamplets, text messages, cell phone calls, marked & protected evacution routes by "occupying forces" and now maps that wll help those innocent civilians to avoid areas when required in all attempt to minimize civilian causlaties. Alas, those citizens have often been impeded by their very own government forces impeding them from freedom of movement and blocking ther attempts to move to safer areas (a war crime).

But, that nation is Israel after all, so some will find fault with whatever they do and blame them regardless. They are used to that.

They are as stupid as they are evil, firing rockets, knowing full well that they'll do nothing, thanks to the Iron Dome. They're obviously fully aware as to what the response will be, just as they were on October 7. It's almost as if they don't care about the Palestinian people...

Yep.

And no “almost” about it.

But they had "no power" before the ceasefire due to "lack of fuel". At least not enough to charge up cellphones so that those Doctors and reporters and aid organizations could communicate with their counterparts in the north (or anywhere) as I recall. Unless a whole lot more solar panels made their way in during the humanitarian pause rather than the medical supplies they say they are still so in need of.

I don't know what was on their trucks.

They had planned the 7th meticulously.

I doubt they would have omitted both arms dumps and stockpiled fuel. As well as a means of escape?

Snip
10 Best Solar Phone Charger In The UK - Christmas 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members