Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As overhead in the tunnel:
"We've run out of living, accessible hostages in presentable condition for release, quickly get the bombing started so we can account for dead hostages."
I hope that’s not the case, but we did hear that some of the hostages are in the hands of other terrorist organizations.

Some were wounded on October 7, others have illnesses that require treatment, and god knows what Hamas has done to them.

I'm pretty sure they have more live hostages. They are holding on to the men and probably hoping for more prisoner releases. Gideon Levy (an Israeli journalist) told Al Jazeera that Israel will "empty their prisons" in exchange for soldiers.

I think there are also plenty of women too.

I'm glad the children are out. I think the Bibas children were sadly killed.

Last edited:
NEW
Posted at 6:026:02

Palestinian official tells BBC talks to reach truce agreement are continuing​

The BBC has been told by a Palestinian official close to the talks that mediators are continuing efforts to reach an agreement between the two sides, even as fighting continues.

It comes after a seven-day truce between Hamas and Israel expired at 07:00 local times (05:00 GMT), with the Israeli military swiftly announcing that fighting had resumed.

It has since struck several targets in the Gaza strip.

Thank you. It is important. Since you have a family in PRC, what do people there say about Noa? And also, do you think it is more likely that her mother stayed a Chinese citizen, or not? Ultimately, sadly, I think it might be a moot point, as I have said, in this case it is less political and more, releasing Noa would have been a great public gesture. But it breaks my heart, she is her parents’ only child…

It is heart breaking. I don't know how much news the citizens of the PRC are getting about the Hamas attack on Israel from the state news. It seems to me that the Chinese social media that young people use in China has been similar to what we are seeing here in the U.S. with not as much regard for what happened to Israel as there is sympathy for Gazans and justifications for Hamas. It is sad that so many of our young people around the world are not well-informed about history and are so easily brainwashed.

I don't think there is much news about Noa, if any. After all, now we are learning that she was born in Israel and not the PRC. I am wondering if Noa's mother contacted the Chinese Embassy for help as they were trying to get help from every possible resource they could. That is what any of us would do, of course. Perhaps Noa's mother is a Chinese citizen. We have been getting conflicting accounts in the news, so it is hard to say.

BREAKING: Israeli Prime Minister’s Office announces releases statement: “Hamas-ISIS violated the plan, did not live up to its duty to release all the kidnapped women today, and launched rockets at the citizens of Israel.With the return to fighting we will emphasize: the Israeli government is committed to achieving the goals of the war -To release our hostages, eliminate Hamas and ensure that Gaza will never again pose a threat to the residents of Israel.”

I hope that’s not the case, but we did hear that some of the hostages are in the hands of other terrorist organizations.

Some were wounded on October 7, others have illnesses that require treatment, and god knows what Hamas has done to them.

I think if they had another group they could possibly release, they would have not broken the "pause", they really want those males, especially, released from Israel jails.

I think if they had another group they could possibly release, they would have not broken the "pause", they really want those males, especially, released from Israel jails.
Yeah, they want "their army"...
Forget that...(Well, that's my opinion and I doubt if anyone involved in this war cares about my opinion)

They took responsibility for the terror attack in Jerusalem this morning, released a statement that 10/7 was just a practice run, refused to supply list of hostages for release and then fired rockets on two Israeli towns. IMO There was no intention to continue with the ceasefire even if they had every hostage in front of them.

Israeli officials obtained Hamas’s battle plan for the Oct. 7 terrorist attack more than a year before it happened, documents, emails and interviews show. But Israeli military and intelligence officials dismissed the plan as aspirational, considering it too difficult for Hamas to carry out.

The approximately 40-page document, which the Israeli authorities code-named “Jericho Wall,” outlined, point by point, exactly the kind of devastating invasion that led to the deaths of about 1,200 people.

The translated document, which was reviewed by The New York Times, did not set a date for the attack, but described a methodical assault designed to overwhelm the fortifications around the Gaza Strip, take over Israeli cities and storm key military bases, including a division headquarters.

Hamas followed the blueprint with shocking precision. The document called for a barrage of rockets at the outset of the attack, drones to knock out the security cameras and automated machine guns along the border, and gunmen to pour into Israel en masse in paragliders, on motorcycles and on foot — all of which happened on Oct. 7.

The document circulated widely among Israeli military and intelligence leaders, but experts determined that an attack of that scale and ambition was beyond Hamas’s capabilities, according to documents and officials. It is unclear whether Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu or other top political leaders saw the document, as well…

No matter how many they kill in Gaza, they can't erase their failure to keep their fellow Israelis safe.

No matter how many they kill in Gaza, they can't erase their failure to keep their fellow Israelis safe.
No matter how many try to blame Israel, it will not erase the terror group Hamas’s culpability in raping, butchering, beheading and incinerating babies, women, men and elderly on 10/7 and taking hostages.

Zoran Kusovac (geopolitical and security analyst, war correspondent and producer who has been covering conflicts in Europe, Middle East, North Africa & Central Asia for nearly 4 decades) has written an analysis of what he thinks is going on.

He thinks Defence Minister Yoav Gallant (a career soldier) is calling the shots, and may be trying to position himself to take over from Netanyahu at Israel's next election, or as soon as the war is over.

He thinks that Israel has gone back in hard and quickly, before the troops can become indecisive or lose morale.

(Please don't read the link if you are averse to Al Jazeera articles)

I'm pretty sure they have more live hostages. They are holding on to the men and probably hoping for more prisoner releases. Gideon Levy (an Israeli journalist) told Al Jazeera that Israel will "empty their prisons" in exchange for soldiers.

I think there are also plenty of women too.

I'm glad the children are out. I think the Bibas children were sadly killed.

Why break the "pause", why stop the exchange negotiations?

As overhead in the tunnel:
"We've run out of living, accessible hostages in presentable condition for release, quickly get the bombing started so we can account for dead hostages."
Bbm.
Horrid.
God knows what condition the rest are in.
We've seen what Hamas and even ordinary pro-Hamas Palestinians did on Oct. 7th.
Imagine the atrocities going on behind closed doors of family homes ?
The IDF need to press on and retrieve anyone they can, even bodies -- to show what happened to them.
Omo.

Zoran Kusovac (geopolitical and security analyst, war correspondent and producer who has been covering conflicts in Europe, Middle East, North Africa & Central Asia for nearly 4 decades) has written an analysis of what he thinks is going on.

He thinks Defence Minister Yoav Gallant (a career soldier) is calling the shots, and may be trying to position himself to take over from Netanyahu at Israel's next election.

He thinks that Israel has gone back in hard and quickly, before the troops can become indecisive or lose morale.

(Please don't read the link if you are averse to Al Jazeera articles)
I read Al Jazeera, but I don't think that's how politics work in Israel. I've been following elections for about 8 years. It's based on party. Whichever party gets the most votes makes a coalition with other parties. So many times I thought Netanyahu was out because Likud didn't have enough seats. It the coalition doesn't form, secondary leader will bring groups together. Usually the secondary leader is Netanyahu. Then he's PM again. When he loses, he wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove