Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel has hardly just thrown up its hand the past year and intentionally ignored intelligence of this specific attack. If something was suspected a year ago and it never materialized, this is probably a common occurrence for all countries. There have been other threats that were dealt with and stopped during the past year.
All irrelevant and antisemitic propaganda that Israel welcomed the attack.
The Oklahoma bombing and 911, same propaganda/conspiracy garbage is still being spewed, not just a coincidence that some of it is antisemitic also.
I, also, don’t think it’s such mic drop moment. Obviously, there was an intelligence failure. Israel will do its own reckoning internally and those responsible (who have already said loud and clear that they failed) will be dealt with.

From the article:

[...]

An aunt of Avigail Idan ... said her niece shared one piece of pita bread per day with four other captives and did not have a shower or bath during her 50 days in captivity.

According to the aunt, Tal Idan, the five hostages were kept in aboveground apartments, changing locations at least once. They were given a piece of pita with za’atar, a Middle Eastern spice mix, each day to share.

While Avigail was in captivity, her hair was shorn because she had developed a significant case of lice, Idan said. “She was covered in it. It took quite an effort to help her get rid of some of it the first night.”

[...]

Many of the family members interviewed, particularly the relatives of children whose parents or siblings remain in captivity, were reluctant to share the most incriminating details of their captivity lest the militants retaliate against the hostages still in their custody.

[...]

The aunt, Devorah Cohen, said that when Eitan [Yahalomi] had arrived in Gaza, he was set upon by a mob.

When he arrived in Gaza, civilians hit him,” she told BFM TV, adding that the boy and other kidnapped children were forced to watch videos of the atrocities committed Oct. 7. When he and others cried, she said, their captors threatened to shoot them.

[...]

43m ago / 6:48 PM PST

ICC prosecutor to meet with survivors of Oct. 7 attack​

THE HAGUE, Netherlands — International Criminal Court Prosecutor Karim Khan is visiting Israel “at the request and invitation of survivors & the families of victims of the 7 October attacks,” the court said in a tweet.

It said Khan will also visit Ramallah to meet senior Palestinian officials.

“The visit, while not investigative in nature, represents an important opportunity to express sympathy for all victims and engage in dialogue,” the court said.

An Israeli military assault into the south of Gaza may lead to 1 million refugees, the head of the UN’s Palestine relief agency, UNRWA, has warned. After a second overnight visit to Gaza, Philippe Lazzarini urged Israel to think through the consequences of an offensive in the south if the temporary truce in the fighting was not extended.

3m ago / 7:55 PM PST

Israel’s president visits UAE, asks for help to free hostages​

DUBAI — Israeli President Isaac Herzog on Thursday asked United Arab Emirates President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to use his “political weight” to help free all of the Israeli hostages held by the Palestinian militant group Hamas in Gaza.

[...]

“The President appealed to his friend Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to employ his full political weight to promote and speed up the return home of the hostages,” it said.

The UAE is a regional power although fellow Gulf state Qatar, and Egypt, have been mediating between Israel and Hamas for the release of hostages, which has so far led to 99 Israelis and foreigners being freed. A UAE state news agency report said the two presidents discussed relations between their countries and issues of mutual interest.

7m ago

US secretary of state Antony Blinken has had a busy schedule in Israel, meeting a host of senior figures in recent hours.

30s ago

Rocket warning sirens in Israel near Gaza border​

Rocket sirens blared early on Friday in Israeli communities near the border with Gaza, the Israeli military said, about an hour before a seven-day truce between Hamas and Israel was due to expire.

Israel’s Kan public broadcaster described the sirens as the first to sound since the ceasefire, which has been extended twice, began on 24 November, Reuters reports.

Neither side has announced an extension to the truce.

There was no immediate comment from Hamas.

The truce is set to expire at 7am (0500 GMT).

2 min ago

Israeli military intercepts rocket launched from Gaza shortly before truce is set to expire​

From CNN staff

The Israeli military's air defense system intercepted one rocket launched from the Gaza Strip just over an hour before the truce between Israel and Hamas is set to expire, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said early Friday local time.

Rocket sirens have been heard in the Sderot area in the final hours of the seven-day truce.

The current agreement between Israel and Hamas is set to expire at 7 a.m. local time Friday (midnight ET).

I don't know what the dual citizenship with China is now. May have changed.
When I became a Canadian, I had to give up Dutch citizenship at the time, Netherlands did not allow dual. Later, I became a French citizen through marriage, then also a US citizen when I immigrated here. I have triple now. Later Netherlands changed their policy, so now if I wish I can regain that again.
I have Chinese friends here but have no idea if they're dual.

Please let Noa come home.

There is no dual citizenship recognized or allowed by the PRC.

Although I don't see Mexico on the list, I know it's allowed because I don't live far from the border. My husband's parents would have been eligible because three of his grandparents were from Mexico.
I didn't see Canada and I know it's allowed because my husband has both. Canadian by birth and American because his father didn't move to Canada until after college forms job.

6:32 am

Israel drawing up plans for global campaign to assassinate Hamas leaders — report

Israel is planning to hunt down Hamas leaders around the world once it shifts away from fighting the group in Gaza, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Spy agencies have been ordered by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to draw up plans to assassinate the group’s top leaders outside of Gaza, who live in Turkey, Qatar and elsewhere, the paper reports, citing Israeli officials.

[...]

The paper also reports that Israel is looking into the possibility of expelling lower-level Hamas fighters from Gaza to shorten the war.

I am so happy that Aisha and her brother were released. I was concerned since she’s Muslim that she was being kept for nefarious reasons. It also shows to me with Hamas kidnapping her and her family and the Thai workers that this was not just about Israel and Jews, it was about terror.
Well, I understand that for young frustrated men high on captagon, a young woman is a young woman, but she is not the infidel, so had the hostages not been released, she’d meet the same fate, but would not be the first one. I am simply very sorry for Aisha and her brother and happy that they are returned. I think it is very scary when it happens to young people. Also, it must feel tragic when your own people are not “your people”, but at the same time, you are a minority.

8min ago

Palestinians report on gunfire, blasts in northern Gaza

The Palestinian Shehab media outlet reports that gunfire and explosions are being heard in the northern Gaza Strip.

The outlet is closely affiliated with Hamas.

There is no comment from the Israeli military about the possible resumption of hostilities, which have been paused since November 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop