Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or, Noah's mother could convert to Judaism and still remain a Chinese citizen, but not likely as China is an atheist state.

I'm not sure why you are saying that if Noa's mother converted to Judaism then she would not likely remain a Chinese citizen. The PRC may be an atheist state, but citizens of the PRC pratice their faith, go to church, etc. When we are in the PRC, we go to church every Sunday (for over the last 30 years or so). Although I am not a citizen of the PRC, my family members are.

The only consequence of being a Christian or other religion in the PRC would be that you are barred from being a member of the Communist Party. If you don't plan to join the Party, then you are free to practice your religion.

IDF says Hamas has violated the ceasefire by firing rockets at Israel, and in response, has renewed its attacks on the terror group.
They are as stupid as they are evil, firing rockets, knowing full well that they'll do nothing, thanks to the Iron Dome. They're obviously fully aware as to what the response will be, just as they were on October 7. It's almost as if they don't care about the Palestinian people...

Aisha and Bilal’s uncle was just interviewed in Hebrew. He said Aisha is supposed to get married in a few days. Instead, she and her brother are in the hospital. Their brother and father are still held hostage. The two brothers were kept together in Gaza and Aisha was with her father. The Bedouin community is furious and devastated at the massacre of 10/7 and stress how brutal Hamas is taking Aisha and Bilal and family knowing they are Muslims. He says they just wanted numbers, they didn’t care who they took.

They are as stupid as they are evil, firing rockets, knowing full well that they'll do nothing, thanks to the Iron Dome. They're obviously fully aware as to what the response will be, just as they were on October 7. It's almost as if they don't care about the Palestinian people...
I’m actually surprised Israel put up with this. They were very patient, waiting til last minute even after Hamas fired rockets.
But then again, Israel values life. Hamas values death and destruction.

Are you sure it's a US law? US recognizes dual citizenship. People like to get dual citizenship with Mexico because it's fairly easy and the Mexican passport allows them to travel to places that a US passport won't.

Don't want to derail the thread ... but it was the law when I lived there. So I opted for a green card (permanent residency). I don't know what the law is now.

imo

I'm not sure why you are saying that if Noa's mother converted to Judaism then she would not likely remain a Chinese citizen. The PRC may be an atheist state, but citizens of the PRC pratice their faith, go to church, etc. When we are in the PRC, we go to church every Sunday (for over the last 30 years or so). Although I am not a citizen of the PRC, my family members are.

The only consequence of being a Christian or other religion in the PRC would be that you are barred from being a member of the Communist Party. If you don't plan to join the Party, then you are free to practice your religion.

Thank you. It is important. Since you have a family in PRC, what do people there say about Noa? And also, do you think it is more likely that her mother stayed a Chinese citizen, or not? Ultimately, sadly, I think it might be a moot point, as I have said, in this case it is less political and more, releasing Noa would have been a great public gesture. But it breaks my heart, she is her parents’ only child…

So Hamas reneged on producing another list of hostages by the very clear deadline.
Even though Blinken was just there to help persuade and keep the truce going.

Clearly Hamas has no further interest in freeing any of the other 100+ hostages they still have stolen away. I imagine Hamas has spent this week regrouping and it’s on them that the truce is ended.

Most of the civilian women and the children have returned, thank God.

Who has not come home? All four of the Bibas family, status of Shiri and children uncertain. Nothing about Noa. Nothing about Naama. None of the civilian men older than 18. None of the female IDF soldiers except the one rescued by the IDF. None of the male IDF soldiers.

My fear is that in fact many of them are dead. As Hersh’s mom has been saying all along, they don’t know if he’s alive, dying, or died five minutes after the video of him in the Hamas truck with his arm missing.

We’ve been hearing in bits and pieces about various IDF who have died as hostages.

Hamas had every opportunity to hand back more of the hostages and refused, possibly because no one is alive, possibly because they are strategizing something grotesque, certainly because they are pure evil.

IMO

4m ago
Israeli military warplanes are now attacking Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip, the Israel Defense Forces has said on social media.

22m ago
Palestinian media is reporting Israeli military strikes in northern Gaza, Reuters has snapped.

40m ago

Israel resumes combat in Gaza, says military​

The Israeli military has resumed combat against Hamas in Gaza, the military announced, saying Hamas had violated the truce and fired towards Israeli territory.

45m ago

Deadline for truce extension passes​

The deadline for the extension of the truce between Israel and Hamas has passed.

The truce was due to expire a few minutes ago, at 7am (0500 GMT) on Friday.

Neither side has announced an extension to the seven-day truce.

A quick look at where things stand​

If you're just joining us, the main thing to know is the seven-day truce between Israel and Hamas has come to an end. Here's what happened:
  • Just before 06:00 local time (04:00 GMT), the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that sirens were sounding for communities near the Gaza Strip
  • A few minutes later, the military said it had intercepted a rocket fired from Gaza
  • Then, just before 07:00 local time, there was another alert about sirens sounding in kibbutz Holit, southern Israel
  • A few minutes after that, the Israeli military released a brief statement, saying:
Quote Message: Hamas violated the operational pause, and in addition, fired toward Israeli territory. The IDF has resumed combat against the Hamas terrorist organisation in the Gaza Strip."
Hamas violated the operational pause, and in addition, fired toward Israeli territory. The IDF has resumed combat against the Hamas terrorist organisation in the Gaza Strip."
It is now almost 08:00 in Israel and Gaza and we are receiving lots of reports about strikes hitting parts of Gaza, with the IDF saying jets "are currently striking Hamas targets".

As overhead in the tunnel:
"We've run out of living, accessible hostages in presentable condition for release, quickly get the bombing started so we can account for dead hostages."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove