Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Palestinians walk through destruction in Gaza City last week

Palestinians walk through destruction in Gaza City last week. The Israeli military says it resumed combat against Hamas in Gaza early on Friday, after the ceasefire expired. Photograph: Mohammed Hajjar/AP

It looks so easy going from A to B, from one alert area to the next.

It seems like IDF has a good plan here to allow for those that want to move to do so and it seems very clear with rather specific instructions on where to go. I am not sure I've seen such efforts in other wars on the part of one side to help the other side move to safety. I am seeing one side try everything they can to get innocent civilians out of the way. Too bad the other side isn't helping their own people even a fraction of this much.. they are also not warning any civilians in Israel about where their rockets are headed.

Yet the world cries in outrage over what Israel is doing.

Interesting they aren't upset that HAMAS is firing at Israel.. matter of fact, they fired first today.. they fired during the ceasefire too. No outrage over that. No acknowledgement that Israel showed GREAT restraint.

I guess that's how it goes. the good guys are expected to be perfect and the bad guys get a pass because the world knows they are terrorists.

The world hasn't said exactly how Israel should deal with these terrorists either.. just criticism that they are doing it wrong.. well exactly how should one deal with terrorists? Nobody wants to say that... just scream at Israel for killing innocent people.
It would be nice if the 1200 raped, butchered, executed and 240 hostages were warned and re-located.

Yes, I wonder how any other country would react? We know how the US reacted in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. I have a terrible feeling that we will soon find out how other countries will react. Sadly.

4 min ago

Displaced people in southern Gaza react to IDF leaflet telling them to evacuate to Rafah​

From CNN’s Eve Brennan and Celine Alkhaldi

Displaced Gazans expressed frustration after the Israel Defense Forces dropped leaflets in the southern city of Khan Younis on Friday that called the area a “fighting zone” and told residents to “evacuate immediately.”

Displaced Gazan Ghassan Al-Qudra told Reuters on Friday he had originally left Al-Qarara village and traveled further south to Khan Younis.

“All of a sudden, after the temporary truce, they (Israel) came up with new orders telling us that the people from Al-Qarara, Habathan and al-Fuzaa, had to leave to Rafah,” said Al-Qudra.

“I mean from day one, from one place to the other and another, from the north to the south, from the center, who knows where next? And there is no electricity, no water, no food, no good living conditions, and we are patient," he added.

Displaced mother Salma Mohamed Ben Suhaila also spoke to Reuters.

“We were in our home and everything was calm and all of the sudden they told us to go to Rafah. Where are we supposed to go? We can't, they are forcing us to leave,” she said.

“They are lying to us. Who are these unjust people? They are unjust,” she added.

More context: The IDF dropped leaflets in areas of southern Gaza that included a QR code that connects an interactive map showing Gaza divided up into hundreds of numbered districts showing “evacuation zones.”

But telecommunications and electrical infrastructure in Gaza suffered extensive damage over the course of weeks of bombardment between October 7 and the start of the temporary truce on November 24, leaving many residents with unreliable access to the internet and power.

Palestinians walk through destruction in Gaza City last week

Palestinians walk through destruction in Gaza City last week. The Israeli military says it resumed combat against Hamas in Gaza early on Friday, after the ceasefire expired. Photograph: Mohammed Hajjar/AP

It looks so easy going from A to B, from one alert area to the next.
I saw cars being filled with gas, citizens shopping for fresh produce and many harassing and degrading our hostages over the last several nights.
Gazans had many days during the ceasefire to move to the S/W humanitarian zone.
hamas is the government of the people of Gaza. They, as the world, should look to hamas to protect citizens.

Keep in mind, hamas fired on Israel twice before the ceasefire ended.
moo...

I am finding that tweet by Qatar Ministry of Affairs very concerning, frankly a possible game changer, imo.

—-

Saw that one coming, sadly. I believe I did a rough math equation on it a few days ago, looking, will add as eta.

——

Eta:

Approximate math equation from Wednesday
Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #13

Qatar and other Arab nations in the Middle East have to publicly come out with these kinds of pronouncements in order to appease their citizens, but privately they want Israel to take care of Hamas. They want it both ways, and Israel bears the burden.

Where are the Arabic nations in the Middle East doing with regard to helping the war refugees in Gaza? Egypt, Jordan, and others need to come up with some creative ideas, perhaps sending ships to the region with Israel's permission, etc. Or setting up refugee camps in Egypt near the Gaza Strip. Seems that none of these countries want to help Gazan civilians although they actually want Israel to get rid of Hamas.

Thank goodness the U.S. stands with Israel, our ally in the Middle East.

Last edited:
I saw cars being filled with gas, citizens shopping for fresh produce and many harassing and degrading our hostages over the last several nights.
Gazans had many days during the ceasefire to move to the S/W humanitarian zone.
hamas is the government of the people of Gaza. They, as the world, should look to hamas to protect citizens.

Keep in mind, hamas fired on Israel twice before the ceasefire ended.
moo...

There is no humanitarian zone. You know that.

"She is seriously injured but she was seen this week and she is alive": Romi Gonen's mother was informed of her condition in captivity | for all the details

From Romi’s mother:

"We are just coming back from the funeral of Ofir Tzarfati, who was in the car with Romi and his body was brought back, and it is difficult," she said. "Romi is the last one who was in the car who was left alive. One of the families who came back said they saw Romi. She is seriously injured, and the well-known injury to her hand was neglected and untreated, but she was seen this week and she is alive. It's sadness mixed with joy, and it emphasizes the need to bring them back."

‘We are abandoned’: Ceasefire made little difference to displaced in Gaza​

It took only seconds for the bombs to start falling on Gaza again. The week-long ceasefire ended at 7am local time, and almost immediately the sound of explosions filled the corridors of al-Nasr hospital in the south of the territory.

By mid-morning, 32 people were dead and the already crowded wards of Gaza’s remaining hospitals were struggling with a new influx of patients, according to local reports.

He spoke from a room crammed with children; families seeking treatment for injuries or the infectious diseases that are spreading fast, mixed together in hospitals with those seeking shelter from the gathering cold.

Nowhere feels safe from bombs, he added, as he described the rapid resumption of hostilities; one had already landed just a few dozen meters away from the hospital.

The people of Gaza know what is coming, after seven weeks of intense bombardment and a ground invasion in the north that killed more than 15,000 people, over two-thirds of them women and children.

[…]

Hamas did nothing for them during the cease fire, which is not a surprise. Since Hamas has literally said they don't care. Until the Palestinian people, or maybe I should just say the people of Gaza, rise up, denounce and overthrow Hamas, this is going to be their fate. They seem to be expecting someone to come in and save them. That isn't going to happen.

Secretary Blinkin sees all the intelligence and will have military advice to lean on. Making his opinion and conclusions something which carry a lot of weight and are well worth heeding.
My opinion

He also has to take into consideration political advice from the administration he serves, not just military advice. Often they are at odds. With the U.S. in election mode, the administration is concerned about losing its base due to its support of Israel. Unfortunately, that is a reality that Blinken also has to contend with.

Breaking: massive barrage of rockets over central Israel including the airport. Hamas is once again endangering millions of Israeli civilians
Been monitoring flight tracker since about 5:00 a.m. EST. There has been no flights in or out of tel Aviv for the past several hours. The airport is completely empty. I found this so odd, now I know why.
Navy Poseidon on the coast of Lebanon. Moo... Is somebody firing on our troops again?
This is going to be a terrible, terrible day, for all, imho.

Been monitoring flight tracker since about 5:00 a.m. EST. There has been no flights in or out of tel Aviv for the past several hours. The airport is completely empty. I found this so odd, now I know why.
Navy Poseidon on the coast of Lebanon. Moo... Is somebody firing on our troops again?
This is going to be a terrible, terrible day, for all, imho.
Iranian-Backed Militias in Iraq and Syria had stated previously that they would Escalate their Attacks on U.S. Forces in the Region if Combat Operations by Israel against Hamas had Resumed; now that the Ceasefire has Ended, we should expect for a Significant Increase in those Attacks over the next 24-48 Hours.

“Qatar calls on the “international community to move quickly to stop the violence,” it said, as it underscored that efforts were ongoing to mediate a second truce that would include hostage releases.

It spoke up after a fragile temporary truce that had begun on the morning of November 24th, and which accompanied a hostage deal, fell apart at 7 a.m.”

—-

“The Biden administration has informed Israel that Washington will impose visa bans in the next few weeks on Israeli extremist settlers engaged in violence against Palestinian civilians in the occupied West Bank, a senior State Department official said.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken in his meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his war cabinet have let them know that the United States will take its own action against an undisclosed number of individuals.”

——

“A senior Hamas member said that the 10-month-old Kfir Bibas "paid the price because of the occupation."

[…]

“When asked by CBS how many hostages are still alive, the senior Hamas member, Ghazi Hamad, stated "I don't know. The number is not so important."”

Animals.
Media outlets need to stop giving them a platform.

I don't think so ... I really don't. At least not on this thread. We all see the atrocities that happened on Oct 7th, and that there are innocent hostages - and their families and communities - still suffering.

There are just different levels of empathy for the innocents who are being killed and maimed because they have nowhere to run to.

Everybody here is upset, otherwise we wouldn't be here.

imo
Yes, I am upset and sickened at the carnage being dished out on innocents. What comes to mind is this..."choose your enemies well, lest you become like them"

There is no humanitarian zone. You know that.
Field hospitals and aid is available on the S/W coast. Not idea, but the best available under the rule of hamas.
IDF has offered a program to alert/redirect citizens out of harms way.

IDF can not make citizens evacuate. I see this same behavior during hurricanes, floods, volcanic eruption, all types of catastrophic events. Some people will just not listen to warnings, resulting in loss of life. It's heartbreaking.

The war on hamas, will not, can not stop. hamas must be destroyed, for the sake of the world.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members