Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel is planning to hunt down Hamas leaders around the world once it shifts away from fighting the group in Gaza, the Wall Street Journal reports.
Spy agencies have been ordered by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to draw up plans to assassinate the group’s top leaders outside of Gaza, who live in Turkey, Qatar and elsewhere, the paper reports, citing Israeli officials.

Earlier in November, Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated at a press conference: "I have instructed the Mossad to act against the heads of Hamas wherever they are." At the same press conference, the nation's Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant said the Hamas leaders were "marked for death.1 day ago

Israel Seeks To Kill Hamas Leaders Hiding Abroad After War ...

That should get interesting...

To me, it doesn't matter who is to blame. It doesn't save those innocent lives ... all of that "collateral damage".
There is a responsibility on responsible nations to preserve innocent lives - at times of war, and otherwise.

imo

Given the nearly-impossible task of this war... IDF is doing well.

I don't know why anyone must point accusing fingers at the IDF.

ETA: And, no one seems to care about the threats to innocent civilians in Israel from the constant missiles fired from Islamic terrorists.

jmo

If it was me (and I was just thinking how very fortunate I am, to live where I live, as we all are), I would go for Option C.

Preserve Palestinian lives and go full-force after all of the leaders who have exiled themselves. Utilising Mossad, CIA, ASIO, etc. While keeping that Iron Dome firmly in place while I did that.

imo
But sincerely, how do you preserve Palestinian lives when no one wants them (and the world is insisting they not be "displaced")? Are you suggesting Israel allow them out of Gaza, into Israel? I'm not attacking, I'm honestly asking.

Chimera, in Islam, a dog is an unclear animal, so I can't blame them for not feeding a dog. I think that Maya is very lucky that they didn't kill her dog and they are both home. I think that Maya's luck was very personal, which sometimes happens. A quiet child, she might have reminded one of the local leader his sister/ child, and hence, survived. Survival is random.
Lovely explanation.

I've seen in videos children carrying pet cages and one stunning white cat with beautiful eyes being carried by a little girl.
The Palestinians are normal people with great love for their children, their families and their pets. Even if religion dictates working dogs ok - pet dogs a no no.

I think Maya had to share her food with the dog because that's all there was.

Israel-Gaza latest: UK launching surveillance flights over Gaza; Israel 'prepared for absolute victory'; US says two-state solution remains goal​

In support of the ongoing hostage rescue activity, the UK Ministry of Defence says it will conduct surveillance flights over Israel and Gaza. Netanyahu, speaking about the remaining hostages, reiterates Israel's pledge to "do everything we can in order to bring them all back home".

Israel-Hamas war: Meet the IDF troops keeping the Iron Dome running​

The Iron Dome air defense system has intercepted more than 2,000 rockets and mortars since the Hamas attack on October 7. Here are the men and women who make the system hum every day.​

Do you know how many Israeli civilians have been killed or injured by rockets launched from the Gaza strip since the 7th?

French President Emmanuel Macron said the total destruction of Hamas would take 10 years of fighting, adding that Israel needs to further define its end goal with the war.
Speaking at a press conference at the COP28 climate talks in Dubai, Macron said he would be traveling to Qatar to “work together on a new truce as soon as possible.”
Israel on Saturday recalled its team of negotiators from Qatar after reaching a “dead end” in talks, according to a statement from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office.
Macron said there needs to be a permanent ceasefire.
“I think we're at a moment when Israeli authorities will have to more precisely define their goal and the final outcome they're trying to achieve. What does the total destruction of Hamas mean? Does anyone think it is possible?" Macron said.
“If this is the case, the war will last 10 years, and I don’t think that anyone is really able to define that goal. So it will need to be better defined,” he added.
Macron has reiterated Israel’s right to defend itself, but he said "the right for defense does not give you, in any way, the right to attack civilians."
The Israel Defense Forces has said it doesn’t target civilians.

To me, it doesn't matter who is to blame. It doesn't save those innocent lives ... all of that "collateral damage".
There is a responsibility on responsible nations to preserve innocent lives - at times of war, and otherwise.

imo
The IDF produced a map with numbers associated with each neighbourhood. The IDF publishes which neighbourhoods will be bombed. The IDF provides advance notice to people in those neighbourhoods that they must evacuate to protect their lives. How can the IDF be responsible for civilians who choose to remain in the neighbourhood even though they know the neighbourhood will be bombed?

"The IDF takes all possible precautions to avoid causing loss of civilian life or injury, adopting all available means. Therefore, it always sends messages to the residents of Gaza by asking them to evacuate the targeted areas that constitute the target of the army’s activities, and directing them in all possible ways: Publish a map that includes a list of blocks with their numbers as a means of knowledge that the residents of Gaza rely on as information and news to avoid harm and preserve their lives.

In the published map, the numbers of the blocks in Gaza appear, with a clear call to
dear residents of Gaza! Please pay attention and check this map."

What is Option C?

From my post a little further back.

If it was me (and I was just thinking how very fortunate I am, to live where I live, as we all are), I would go for Option C.

Preserve Palestinian lives and go full-force after all of the leaders who have exiled themselves. Utilising Mossad, CIA, ASIO, etc. While keeping that Iron Dome firmly in place while I did that.

imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members