Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The IDF produced a map with numbers associated with each neighbourhood. The IDF publishes which neighbourhoods will be bombed. The IDF provides advance notice to people in those neighbourhoods that they must evacuate to protect their lives. How can the IDF be responsible for civilians who choose to remain in the neighbourhood even though they know the neighbourhood will be bombed?

"The IDF takes all possible precautions to avoid causing loss of civilian life or injury, adopting all available means. Therefore, it always sends messages to the residents of Gaza by asking them to evacuate the targeted areas that constitute the target of the army’s activities, and directing them in all possible ways: Publish a map that includes a list of blocks with their numbers as a means of knowledge that the residents of Gaza rely on as information and news to avoid harm and preserve their lives.

In the published map, the numbers of the blocks in Gaza appear, with a clear call to
dear residents of Gaza! Please pay attention and check this map."

I'd understood internet service was needed to utilize the map and instructions. Is that so, and does everyone in Gaza have internet now?

MOO I should hunt down post with Israeli statements, but I'm recovering from a root canal and lacking energy.
This one just stood out at me though. I'm sure there is a longer article out there with both views.

The IDF produced a map with numbers associated with each neighbourhood. The IDF publishes which neighbourhoods will be bombed. The IDF provides advance notice to people in those neighbourhoods that they must evacuate to protect their lives. How can the IDF be responsible for civilians who choose to remain in the neighbourhood even though they know the neighbourhood will be bombed?

"The IDF takes all possible precautions to avoid causing loss of civilian life or injury, adopting all available means. Therefore, it always sends messages to the residents of Gaza by asking them to evacuate the targeted areas that constitute the target of the army’s activities, and directing them in all possible ways: Publish a map that includes a list of blocks with their numbers as a means of knowledge that the residents of Gaza rely on as information and news to avoid harm and preserve their lives.

In the published map, the numbers of the blocks in Gaza appear, with a clear call to
dear residents of Gaza! Please pay attention and check this map."

Yes, I have read the thread. It is not enough.

These people have nowhere to go. Skittering from one obliterated place to another place which is scheduled for obliteration.

imo

imo

I'd understood internet service was needed to utilize the map and instructions. Is that so, and does everyone in Gaza have internet now?
There have been reports of one or two internet disruptions, but for the most part wifi is available. There are too many photos and videos of people of Gaza holding up their phones to film events to believe that they do not have wifi.

DECEMBER 3, 2023
''A man was arrested on Saturday after a stabbing and hammer attack in Paris's 16th and 15th arrondissements, according to police reports. The incident left one dead and one wounded.

The suspect, a 26-year-old man, attacked victims at various locations. He was subdued using an electric pulse gun by the police at Passy Park. Sources indicate he was known to authorities and shouted "Allah Akbar" during the attacks.''

These people have nowhere to go. Skittering from one obliterated place to another place which is scheduled for obliteration.

imo

imo
Exactly.
Skulking from one place to another with only one shirt on one's back - under the bombs.

The sick, the wounded, the infirm, the old.
Not to mention premature babies :(

JMO

Leave where?
2 million people.

JMO
If this was any other war, would the side that was attacked be responsible for figuring out where to move the civilians of the side that did the attacking?

I really don't know of other wars where one side has warned the other side as much as Israel has.

HAMAS is the government in Gaza so why don't they figure out where to move people? Why aren't they being required by world pressure to move the innocent civilians out of harms way?

Oh yeah they are telling their people to not move and to stay.

Is that Israel's fault? Israel has nothing to do with what HAMAS does or doesn't tell it's people.

IF HAMAS had built safe rooms instead of terror tunnels with all the money they got maybe they could move people to a safe place. If they didn't burn bridges with every other country maybe their people could leave Gaza.

I understand this is upsetting because civilians are in the middle. I just do not understand the massive anit-Israel response to what is happening. They were attacked and war was declared against them. Why is it their job to relocate everyone? They have done more than enough by sharing plans for where they will be targeting.. do countries at war usually do that?? HAMAS sure isn't telling Israel where it's rockets are headed.

I think so much of this anger is misplaced and it's time that the real bad guys are blamed. Maybe if the world started demanding that HAMAS protect it's own people and move them to safety and quit firing rockets at Israel oh and hand over the hostages, etc.

Hardly worth repeating myself about the circumstance in which these five infants were left without care and support which caused their starvation and death. Denial about the circumstances which sealed the fate of these most vulnerable of children is evident by the suggestion that
  • those five little souls were abandoned by the doctors caring for them
  • abandoned by nursing staff
  • abandoned by their parents should they have survived onslaught from bombs from the air or shells from tanks on the ground
true
  • abandoned by the Israeli officer who took the report of their existence and medical condition and who was the only person with the authority to allow their evacuation

not true----no one would have stopped those doctors from taking those babies with them. The other babies were evacuated.

No one stopped them from moving the other children out. These doctors abandoned the babies. They knew for days that they needed to evacuate them. How do they walk away to save themselves yert leave babies behind in a war zone?

That Israeli officer was not a doctor and was not there as a doctor. He was there to root out Hamas and their weapons and to protect his soldiers. I am not even sure I believe the story that he signed off on the babies. Sounds like PR to me. They had probably already died.
Why on earth was a hospital - its staff - its patients whatever their age or their medical condition, evacuated anyway!

OK, if my definition of murder is the wrong one I'll settle for war crimes.
The hospital was evacuated because Hamas was hiding underneath the hospital in tunnels---full of weapons and ammo, and supplies.

Do you know how many Israeli civilians have been killed or injured by rockets launched from the Gaza strip since the 7th?
My best guess is none. Reason being, Israel, for years, invested and built the air defense system (that many other countries have purchased from them) to protect its’ citizens from the terrorist rockets that rain down on them from Gaza. Unlike, Hamas, that not only endangers their citizens by storing munitions under their homes, hospitals, mosques and schools but also misfire and kill them.

It's ridiculous to even suggest that Israel is "responsible" for every Israeli AND every Palestinian life. Palestinian terrorists living in Gaza started this war on Oct 7 but we don't care about who started it just as long as Israel is responsible for everyone??

Seriously?!

jmo

ETA: I thought Palestinians wanted to be "free" from Israel... RIGGGGHTT? But, Israel is suppose to protect them??? Seriously, I do NOT get this thinking. You are DEMANDING both... ridiculous.

jmo

If it was me (and I was just thinking how very fortunate I am, to live where I live, as we all are), I would go for Option C.

Preserve Palestinian lives and go full-force after all of the leaders who have exiled themselves. Utilising Mossad, CIA, ASIO, etc. While keeping that Iron Dome firmly in place while I did that.

imo
That is only a small part of the equation. The actual killers, the ones who raped and pillaged are the ones in hiding. WHY let them get away with their savage crimes unscathed?

Exactly.
Skulking from one place to another with only one shirt on one's back - under the bombs.

The sick, the wounded, the infirm, the old.
Not to mention premature babies :(

JMO
The idf knows that and doesn't care. Evidently Blinken's suggestion doesn't matter because they still get the bombs and military aid anyway......JMO

Yes, I have read the thread. It is not enough.

imo

imo
That's the nature of war. Hamas started a war with Israel. IDF is kind enough to inform people what will happen next in the war.

There is an Humanitarian Zone in South Gaza. Everyone has had the opportunity to go there at various times during the war. Those who chose to remain where they are cannot blame anyone else for their decisions.

It's ridiculous to even suggest that Israel is "responsible" for every Israeli AND every Palestinian life. Palestinian terrorists living in Gaza started this war on Oct 7 but we don't care about who started it just as long as Israel is responsible for everyone??

Seriously?!

jmo

Israel is responsible for adhering to the Geneva Convention.

The fourth Geneva Convention, adopted in 1949 in the aftermath of World War II, is centred on affording protection to civilians, including in occupied territories.
On July 6, 1951, the still newly formed state of Israel ratified the Geneva Conventions – one of 196 countries to have done so. Link

From my post a little further back.
So option C says that the actual brutal killers who did the rapes and murders and kidnappings get to continue hiding under the mosques and schools, and walk away from their crimes?

I don't choose option C because the attacks and massacres will continue if the killers are allowed to get away with it unscathed. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susanna410