Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope some really good sleuther here can find some identification of the date, time, and location this photo was taken.
Yes, and then let’s see that mother on the news in Israel, identifying herself and explaining how she was released just now by Hamas.

Otherwise I believe this picture can be anything from any time.

Governments scramble to evacuate citizens from Israel amid pleas for help​

Countries including Canada, Germany and Australia organise evacuation flights while the US and UK insist commercial options still available as Israeli forces gather near Gaza

Countries around the world have been scrambling to evacuate their citizens from Israel after the deadly attack launched by Palestinian militants at the weekend, while some foreigners, faced with cancelled flights, have pleaded for help from their governments.

People from the US, Australia, Argentina, Cambodia, Canada, Nepal, Thailand, Russia, the UK, Ukraine and France and elsewhere are confirmed to be among those killed in the violence.

[…]

Many airlines, including Virgin Atlantic, Air France, Lufthansa, Emirates, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines and American Airlines have cancelled or delayed flights from Israel.

[…]

Ben Gurion Airport, Israel’s main airport, was “crowded” and “hectic,” said Jang Jeong-yoon, a 62-year-old who was on board the Korean Air flight home after travelling to Israel to take part in the festival of Sukkot.

“As flights were cancelled or delayed, there was fear and people were rushing to leave the country,” she said.

Other countries, including the US and the UK, have said they have no plans to evacuate citizens, despite calls from lawmakers and those affected.

The US is not “actively considering” emergency evacuation of its citizens, a spokesperson for the national security council said on Monday. In a statement on the same day, president Joe Biden said “For those who desire to leave, commercial flights and ground options are still available.”

Several members of congress have urged the government to evacuate US citizens. In a letter to secretary of state Antony Blinken, representative Grace Meng said she had “harrowing reports from constituents who remain in Israel and are seeking to return to the United States as soon as possible”.

A woman from London told the BBC she had contacted the British embassy in Israel but received no response. She said she was stuck in Tel Aviv with three other adults and 12 children.

“We are very disappointed as we live in England and no one is willing to help us get back safely,” she said. “What are we supposed to do in this time of war?”

The UK has advised against travel to parts of Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories but has no plans to evacuate citizens. The foreign secretary, James Cleverly, told LBC radio on Tuesday ministers were “working with” the aviation industry to ensure commercial flights remain available to Britons looking to leave Israel.

Meanwhile Cyprus said on Tuesday it was ready to help with the evacuation of citizens of third countries who might want to leave Israel.

The government has activated a repatriation scheme known as Estia, which offers temporary accommodation and assistance to European Union and third-country nationals fleeing areas of crisis. Eighty five citizens of Portugal and Spain had already arrived in the country on Tuesday.

Reuters contributed to this report

Australia is sending at least two Qantas Boeing 787's to Tel Aviv, starting on Friday, to repatriate any Aussies who want to leave. There are about 12,000 Aussies in Israel, although there are dual citizens among them who may not want to leave.

More flights will be scheduled if more want to leave (there is a registration process to estimate the numbers). At least 122 Aussies have left already, presumably via commercial flights.

These flights will go from Tel Aviv to London, if they don't fill up with Aussies perhaps some other nationalities wishing to leave may be able to get onto these flights.

Even if this video is accurate, or IF Hamas releases more mothers and children ; the deaths/beheadings at the hands of Hamas, of any infants/elderly/totally helpless -- is unforgiveable.
"Damage control" is better than nothing, but it feels like too little and too late.
(I.e., How about NOT killing innocents in the first place ?)

I'd like to hear from this woman and from Israel authorities, before I'm going to believe it's accurate.
I wish it was and someone is safe right now.
Imo.
It's dark outside there now, so I am very skeptical.
Hmm.
Good point. :(

Omo.

Even so but they themselves as terrorists would need water, food and electricity to sustain them for inflicting horror on Israelis. That is what I do not get, they will also suffer.
It takes a lot to sustain an army. MOO.

I have no doubt that the propaganda campaign to make Isreal look bad has already started. We will see images of starving children, elderly people dying of thirst. It is all the fault of Israel, of course.

The Israel Defense Forces could not confirm a horrific claim that Hamas beheaded babies during a weekend assault, a spokesperson for the military told The Intercept on Tuesday. The claim went viral, becoming a headline-grabbing aspect of a massacre that left more than 1,000 Israelis dead.

Israel bombs south Lebanon after Hezbollah rocket fire

Per the link

Hezbollah said it had fired precision missiles at an Israeli position in response to the killing of its members in Israeli shelling earlier this week, pledging "decisive" responses to attacks on Lebanese territory, especially deadly ones.

"its members" is telling.

After a rather vicious tornado, there was no power in our area for several days/up to a week depending. After Hurricanes in the gulf it's the same. I promise, the majority of people will survive power loss so why is the media completely freaking about it?

After a rather vicious tornado, there was no power in our area for several days/up to a week depending. After Hurricanes in the gulf it's the same. I promise, the majority of people will survive power loss so why is the media completely freaking about it?

I think the power loss to hospitals is probably a major concern. imo

Verified by government.

The president confirmed the beheading of children less than an hour ago.

I was dubious initially.

It would have been nice if Hamas would have prepared all of the Gaza citizens before it's terrorist attacks on Israel citizens, knowing that Israel must respond to protect it's citizens.

Furthermore, it would be nice if Hamas would not hide behind Gaza citizens instead of facing Israel's military.

It seems apparent to me who bears the greatest guilt of all citizens' threat to life.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

This is very good news for the family- and it might be good news for the Israeli military as well.

Note that the hostages were released by the Al-Qassam Brigades- not by "Hamas". This implies that the Al- Qassam brigades are either an autonomous part of Hamas, or an entirely separate group.

Regardless, the hostage release could indicate that Hamas is not unified and that some factions are thinking about getting out. A fracturing Hamas would be good news for the IDF.

Regarding the Palestinians attempting to flee Gaza.
I was listening to a former Israeli official saying his hope would be…that the Palestinians flee to safety. Then the IDF can level Gaza, rid it of all Hamas problems and then rebuild Gaza for the Palestinians to return. One issue would be Hamas terrorists trying to flee and then return. This would be a huge undertaking for Israel.
In theory, it sounds lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member