Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kuwait 'categorically' rejects Israel's calls for displacement of Palestinians from Gaza

'forever war' ( it's in a lot of people's interest imo)

'In reality, five generations of Palestinians have been denied a normal life so their government, and other Arab governments, can maintain their phony "forever war" with Israel, built on a future "return" scenario that those same policies render impossible.
'More cynically, it keeps the Arab world in a state of constant hostility with Israel, directing popular anger towards "the Jews" rather than at Arabs' own corrupt leaders.'

( part of a thread, editor of Politco Pro)

The word "occupied" is also a misnomer and a huge part of the issues here. Hebrews have been indigenous to these lands for thousands of years. They existed here before Christianity existed. And, even Christianity predates the Muslim Religion (est AD 610).

Here is Ancient Armenia 331 BC to 428 AD

What are we gonna do about it?
We were the first Christian Nation before the Roman Empire.
We brought Christianity to the world
Certainly, we deserve greatness and an almighty empire :rolleyes:

8163.png

However, we were no longer a nation once the Byzantines did us in. Just a group of people under the Bzyantines and then the Turks. Because the Turks tried to eliminate us completely, Skyes-Picot at the end of WWI wanted to give us a nice country

1280px-Peace-conference-memoranda-respecting-syria-arabia-palestine5.jpg

But someone had other plans. We we got nothing and were forced into a teeny-tiny Soviet State. In 1990, we became a real country. Small, but it's still a country. Should we try to push for Ancient Armenia's old lands?

Armenia-2-Map-480x330.png

The reason, that official and others say, is that in the overall list of priorities, even in the Middle East, Israel ranks behind countries like Syria and Iraq where American troops are already engaged in combat. Hamas in particular, officials say, is mostly the responsibility of Israeli intelligence, and the United States relies upon Israel for most of its inside information on the group. where the United States is dependent. Third, the U.S. collects far more than it is able to analyze about Israel and elsewhere, an endemic problem, and one that has dogged the system for decades and is only getting worse

Obviously, Israel is not some obscure country to U.S. intelligence: The political situation in Israel itself is a high priority for the CIA and other agencies. The Iranian threat to Israel and the region has become one of four national intelligence priorities for the Pentagon, especially as the military alliance between the two countries transformed in the first two years of the Biden administration. The United States has hundreds of troops and contractors in the country and maintains a half dozen secret bases. And constant < > "force protection," the Pentagon's term used to refer to the program to safeguard U.S. personnel worldwide against potential terrorist attack.

How the U.S. Secret Presence in Israel Missed the Hamas Attack

I wonder how long before this video did they rape their mothers and slaughter their fathers. I wonder if these are the babies they beheaded after giving them water. Vile.
When you watch this video, the infant with the printed onesie looks a lot the the images many of us have already seen of another infant in a printed onesie, with blurring in the area of her head.

The sweet little Jewish boy's face drastically changes when he's told to say "Bismillah" and drink whatever's in that cup. From what I understand, "Bismillah" means "in the name of Allah". Greatly explains his drastic change of expression.

:mad:

Re: Al Adwa Hospital

I did find a hospital on Google earth in very northern Gaza on Al Adwa Street, about 1.5 mile south of the Erez border crossing of northern Gaza-Israeli border, in a community called Izmat Beit Hanoun.

31.547587000208054, 34.519167742954075

It's not huge, but would be exactly where heavy duty bombing would be expected. I think this is the hospital they refer to, not the larger one down in the middle of Gaza

Absolutely; in most places we tend to live together peacefully for the most part.

Quite easy to say, and expect of others, when our neighbours to every side want the same.

When one is totally surrounded by neighbours, and Hamas in particular, who have sworn they will not rest until "every square inch is free of Jews" then we have a problem that needs to be put into the perspective of that neighbour fighting for their very existence.

This region has been torn by strife for thousands of years - there are no easy soloutions. But, ridding the region of it's various terrorist factions, and terrorist-supporting regimes is a good place to start. In the meantime, Israel must win each and every war it is forced to fight <--- you can thank Hamas for that.
I agree with ridding the region of terrorist groups (a Sisyphian task, to be sure), but I also think it is vital that we separate those terrorists from the people who live under their rule.

I would not want to be lumped in with domestic terrorists here in the US just because we are all Americans. Living in TX when our power grids failed, I kept reading comments that all Texans deserved it for voting in our state’s leaders. Well, many of us who were freezing and unable to get help did not vote for those men.

I cannot blame civilians for the acts of vile terrorists. They don’t even have the benefit of a so-called “democratic process” in order to rid themselves of terrorist rule.

4m ago
The UN’s humanitarian chief, Martin Griffiths, has also spoken about the Israeli military’s order for more than 1 million people in northern Gaza to evacuate.

The evacuation order “defies the rules of war and basic humanity”, Griffiths posted in a statement to X, adding that “there is nowhere safe to go” as roads and homes in Gaza have been “reduced to rubble” because of intense bombardment.

Forcing scared and trauamatised civilians, including women and children, to move from one densely populated area to another, without even a pause in the fighting and without humanitarian support, is dangerous and outrageous.
He warned that such mass displacement of civilians will have “catastrophic humanitarian consequences and long-term implications”.

4m ago
The UN’s humanitarian chief, Martin Griffiths, has also spoken about the Israeli military’s order for more than 1 million people in northern Gaza to evacuate.

The evacuation order “defies the rules of war and basic humanity”, Griffiths posted in a statement to X, adding that “there is nowhere safe to go” as roads and homes in Gaza have been “reduced to rubble” because of intense bombardment.

He warned that such mass displacement of civilians will have “catastrophic humanitarian consequences and long-term implications”.

This is going to be one big Charlie Foxtrot. I am sick.

Here is Ancient Armenia 331 BC to 428 AD

What are we gonna do about it?
We were the first Christian Nation before the Roman Empire.
We brought Christianity to the world
Certainly, we deserve greatness and an almighty empire :rolleyes:

8163.png

However, we were no longer a nation once the Byzantines did us in. Just a group of people under the Bzyantines and then the Turks. Because the Turks tried to eliminate us completely, Skyes-Picot at the end of WWI wanted to give us a nice country

1280px-Peace-conference-memoranda-respecting-syria-arabia-palestine5.jpg

But someone had other plans. We we got nothing and were forced into a teeny-tiny Soviet State. In 1990, we became a real country. Small, but it's still a country. Should we try to push for Ancient Armenia's old lands?

Armenia-2-Map-480x330.png
Yet, the majority of the world doesn't insist on using the word "occupied" lands to describe your current state. Imagine that all your neighbours hated you and the world began to refer to you as "occupiers" and called for an end to your very existence (life-wise and land-wise) ... what would you then do.

As I previously stated, this region has been wracked by strife for thousands of years; there are no easy solutions.

Yet, the majority of the world doesn't insist on using the word "occupied" lands to describe your current state. Imagine that all your neighbours hated you and the world began to refer to you as "occupiers" and called for an end to your very existence (life-wise and land-wise) ... what would you then do.

As I previously stated, this region has been wracked by strife for thousands of years; there are no easy solutions.
I imagine the Palestinians and the Iraelis have that (being systematically displaced) commonality.

I agree that there are no easy solutions. I do not have much faith that there will ever be peace in the region. It’s tragic.

'Saudi Arabia is putting U.S.-backed plans to normalise ties with Israel on ice, two sources familiar with Riyadh's thinking said, signalling a rapid rethinking of its foreign policy priorities as war escalates between Israel and Palestinian group Hamas'

Twitter account is Idrees Ali, Reuters Nat Sec reporter, also covering Pentagon

Hamas already met one of their objectives then?

NEW

WATCH: We don't know what is next, say people in Gaza​

[Video at link].

With more than a million people told to leave their homes, three people in different parts of Gaza share their fears.

Mohamed Ghazi Hamid says so many families are crowded into houses in the south of the enclave, that if even one home gets hit in a strike it will mean a massacre.

Many Native Americans refer to the US as "occupied" and they're correct.
They just aren't killing people over it.
A few tried in the 1970's, but didn't have much resources. The Menominee Warrior Society, took over a local novitiate and held the caretakers hostage for a month. In Pine Ridge, two FBI agents were murdered.
However, they just didn't have the resources to create lasting mayhem because they had been crushed already. .

Longish but good analysis from Sky's Dominic Waghorn( International Affairs Editor)
I had to omit loads of it, especially on Israeli government's thinking right now

'We might think we've seen it all before - airstrikes, flattened buildings, funerals, inflamed rhetoric on both sides.

But make no mistake, this time is different. And what happens next is hugely important for the region and the world. It is a dangerous moment.
This is Israel's dilemma: show too much restraint and risk failing to restore its deterrence. Go too far and risk losing the support of allies and inflaming passions among enemies further afield, drawing them in to a far wider war.

A major war in this region is bad news at the best of times but with one big conflict already under way in Ukraine, another in the Middle East would be extremely dangerous geopolitically, as well as threaten global recession.

So leaders and diplomats are rushing to the region, offering support for Israel while urging caution in private.'

I agree with ridding the region of terrorist groups (a Sisyphian task, to be sure), but I also think it is vital that we separate those terrorists from the people who live under their rule.

I would not want to be lumped in with domestic terrorists here in the US just because we are all Americans. Living in TX when our power grids failed, I kept reading comments that all Texans deserved it for voting in our state’s leaders. Well, many of us who were freezing and unable to get help did not vote for those men.

I cannot blame civilians for the acts of vile terrorists. They don’t even have the benefit of a so-called “democratic process” in order to rid themselves of terrorist rule.
I don't think anyone disagrees with the seperation of the two.

But neither can one neglect to consider that the majority of the consenting adults in Palestine are supportive of Hamas and it's actions. There is a reason why bordering Arab nations do not wish to take in "women and children" at this time.

Until the populace realizes the hell that Hamas has brought to them with their destructive policies and civilian-targetting and stands up to them - it is left to Israel to deal with (and bear the repercussions of).

I stand with Israel in the absence of Arab nations who do not wish to deal with Hamas and other terrorists making their their homes, and placing their armaments, amongst civilians.

The blame cannot be dropped on the feet of Israel whith a shush, shush, shush while other purported supporters of Palestinians wash their hands of it. Now about that humanitarian border crossing at Rafah --- when is Egypt going to open it and let the women and children through? When is Hamas going to take it's road blocks off the safe-passage route and let innocent Palestinians pass?

NEW

'There is no safe place in the Gaza Strip'​

The BBC has been hearing from people trying to stay safe in Gaza as the fighting continues.

Aseel Mousa, 25, from the West of Gaza, has been fleeing from one relative's house to another over the past few days.

When she left her home, she was only able to take one bag full of necessities like her passport

Speaking to BBC OS while fleeing to another relative's house this morning with the sound of missiles hitting the buildings around her, she said still does not feel safe even though she has evacuated her house.

"We escaped from death to death. There is no safe place in the Gaza Strip.

"We have relatives in the north, they just moved to some school and some of them decided to stay and be killed in their homes, as there are no shelters, there is no place they can go to," Aseel said.

Longish but good analysis from Sky's Dominic Waghorn( International Affairs Editor)
I had to omit loads of it, especially on Israeli government's thinking right now

'We might think we've seen it all before - airstrikes, flattened buildings, funerals, inflamed rhetoric on both sides.

But make no mistake, this time is different. And what happens next is hugely important for the region and the world. It is a dangerous moment.
This is Israel's dilemma: show too much restraint and risk failing to restore its deterrence. Go too far and risk losing the support of allies and inflaming passions among enemies further afield, drawing them in to a far wider war.

A major war in this region is bad news at the best of times but with one big conflict already under way in Ukraine, another in the Middle East would be extremely dangerous geopolitically, as well as threaten global recession.

So leaders and diplomats are rushing to the region, offering support for Israel while urging caution in private.'
I agree. This is going to affect the entire world and with catastrophic results. This is not just “another skirmish in the ME”.

I feel so old right now. I remember in my youth (a hunnert years ago) truly believing that world peace was possible if we could just evolve to a point where we could talk through our disagreements and practice conflict resolution with respect and understanding.

I fear I overestimated us as a race. It’s getting worse, not better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia