Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Good news at least… Diplomacy has paid off.

5m ago21.30 BST
Médecins Sans Frontières said Israeli forces have “postponed” the demand to evacuate Al Awda hospital in the northern Gaza Strip until 6am local time.

Evacuation of hospital extended to 6am local time = 11pm USA eastern time.

fyi

jmo

Egyptian Officials believe that are they are very close to Finalizing a Deal with the United States that will allow for the Evacuation of Foreign Nationals still in Gaza into Egypt through certain Border Checkpoints, but that this will not include any Palestinians besides ones with Dual-Citizenship from another Country.

I agree with ridding the region of terrorist groups (a Sisyphian task, to be sure), but I also think it is vital that we separate those terrorists from the people who live under their rule.

I would not want to be lumped in with domestic terrorists here in the US just because we are all Americans. Living in TX when our power grids failed, I kept reading comments that all Texans deserved it for voting in our state’s leaders. Well, many of us who were freezing and unable to get help did not vote for those men.

I cannot blame civilians for the acts of vile terrorists. They don’t even have the benefit of a so-called “democratic process” in order to rid themselves of terrorist rule.
I separate them to a point. If Palestinians stay behind and allow themselves and their families to be used as human shields then they are supporting Hamas. If they are willing to die for the cause and take their kids with them so be it.

Right now, at this moment, they have the opportunity to rid themselves of terrorist rule. All they have to do is get out of the way.

Kinda O/T, but earlier today when I was watching MSNBC’s field correspondent (cannot remember his name) reporting from the southern Lebanon border, I was struck by how beautiful the region was, despite the weird trench thing that delineates the border.

It seemed lovely and pastoral and it was hard to believe so much horror was nearby. This was right before that video of the journalists being killed and injured. Near that same spot.

<modsnip: Your "point" ^^is fine :)> I just have a hard time reconciling the two images. It’s awful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I separate them to a point. If Palestinians stay behind and allow themselves and their families to be used as human shields then they are supporting Hamas. If they are willing to die for the cause and take their kids with them so be it.

Right now, at this moment, they have the opportunity to rid themselves of terrorist rule. All they have to do is get out of the way.
The borders are blocked- both in and out. They have nowhere to go.

Is it that easy? Easy for everyone, old, young, fit, infirm?

short video clip showing the geography, the river, the crossing point?

'Military analyst Sean Bell says the logistics of getting "a million plus people" across the Gaza River within 24 hours'

Even Blinken doesn't believe it's that easy, hence the reports which came out today saying US had told Israel to look at delaying that deadline

Most of the population of the US is comprised of non-indigenous people. What should be the solution to that?
Very true.

But.... there are very important differences between Native Americans and Palestinians:

- Native Americans are all citizens and enjoy full and equal constitutional rights- including Second Amendment rights.

- Native Americans are not subject to harassment, intimidation and various levels of violence by an armed, Government sanctioned and even govt. encouraged movement of non natives (settler movement).

- Native Americans have full freedom of movement anywhere in the US. There are no official "native free" streets, highways, public lands etc. Likewise, there are no unofficial "no go" zones around settlements etc.

For that many people, 130,000 large cruise ships would be needed. Even if we’re only talking of moving 10%, the logistics would be undoable. However, pivoting slightly, hospital ships for the wounded and immediate carers would be of a scale that can work.
JMO.
ETA: Uh, 130 ships (so embarrassed)
I was talking about some of the people leaving. I'm aware that there are way too many people for everyone. However, large cruise ships can carry 10,000 people comfortably. Using deck space and large rooms even more could be used. As medical treatment at least.

Egyptian Officials believe that are they are very close to Finalizing a Deal with the United States that will allow for the Evacuation of Foreign Nationals still in Gaza into Egypt through certain Border Checkpoints, but that this will not include any Palestinians besides ones with Dual-Citizenship from another Country.

I’ll be honest, I had no idea there was even such thing as Palestinian citizenship. I was under the impression they all had citizenship through other countries bc there is no more Palestine. I should do more homework.

Ty for this post.

They need to go south of the river in the immediate.

Eventually, they need to find a like-minded country to accept them.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

But isn't this what ' we ' ( I expect most WSers on the Ukraine-Russia threads) would have said was illegal during a war quite recently?
Forced relocation? Am pretty sure it's against Geneva convention or something. ( can't remember exactly, I will go look it up)

Is it that easy? Easy for everyone, old, young, fit, infirm?

short video clip showing the geography, the river, the crossing point?

'Military analyst Sean Bell says the logistics of getting "a million plus people" across the Gaza River within 24 hours'

Even Blinken doesn't believe it's that easy, hence the reports which came out today saying US had told Israel to look at delaying that deadline
It's amazing to me that the Palestinian people and their supporters claim to want to be out from under terrorist rule. Now that they actually have a chance without even having to lift a weapon or fight for their own freedom all they can do is whine and moan. Yes, you have to leave your home. You have allowed terrorist to hide beneath it.

Really, really makes me wonder if they support Hamas or not.

15s ago

Israel gives Gaza hospital just 'two hours to evacuate', says MSF​

Médecins Sans Frontières said Israel has given Al Awda hospital in the northern Gaza Strip just two hours to evacuate.

A statement from the organisation reads:

Israel gave 24 hours to evacuate prior to the two hour notice.

I have to wonder what the pro- Hamas and pro Palestine individuals would want their country to do if it suffered a brutal attack from terrorists. If the U.S. was Israel and Mexico was run by a terrorist group does anyone think the U.S. would continue to supply Mexico with electricity and water after being horrifically attacked ? If it was their family or friends burned alive, raped, kidnapped, hunted down like animals and the citizens of Mexico celebrated the horrific deaths what would they want the U.S. to do ? I do not remember all this concern for the civilians in Afghanistan or Iraq when the U.S. and allied forces retaliated for 9/11.

My sympathies are definitely with the innocent civilians in Gaza but Israel is not responsible for Hamas using them as human shields. Israel is not responsible for Egypt and other Arab countries refusing to accept Palestine refugees.

Israel cannot win because if they destroy Hamas there will certainly be another terrorist group knocking on their door.

Russia proposes UN resolution calling for ceasefire​

Nada Tawfik

Russia has circulated a draft resolution to members of the Security Council during their closed door meeting, calling for a humanitarian ceasefire.

The draft is quite brief with five main points on one page. It calls for an immediate, durable and fully respected humanitarian ceasefire, the secure release of all hostages, and the distribution of humanitarian assistance and the safe evacuation of civilians in need.

The Russian Ambassador Vassily Nebenzia is expected to speak to the press after the meeting.

Members can now raise objections and negotiate, but it’s unclear if the draft will go to a formal vote.

One Western Security Council diplomat doubted Russia’s seriousness. The diplomat said Moscow never consulted other members and the fact that the draft does not mention Hamas means Russia is “clearly not serious or aligned with most council members.”

Security Council resolutions need at least nine votes from council members and no vetoes from the five permanent members, which are the US, UK, France, Russia and China.

The US has traditionally shielded its ally Israel from any criticism by exercising its veto dozens of times.

It's amazing to me that the Palestinian people and their supporters claim to want to be out from under terrorist rule. Now that they actually have a chance without even having to lift a weapon or fight for their own freedom yet all they can do is whine and moan. Yes, you have to leave your home. You have allowed terrorist to hide beneath it.
I asked you a simple question about practicality/ feasibility of moving 1.1 million people in 24 hours

we are so doomed!
eta
I meant the human race.

now

Putin: Israel is replying 'with quite cruel methods' to Hamas attack​

Russian president Vladimir Putin has criticised Israel for using “quite cruel methods” in its response to the Hamas attacks at the weekend.

Speaking during a visit to Bishkek, capital of Kyrgyzstan, Reuters reports Putin said Russia understood the “logic of events” in the Middle East, but “Israel is replying on a large scale and also with quite cruel methods.”

“In my view it is unacceptable,” Putin said. “More than two million people live there. Far from all of them support Hamas by the way, far from all. But all of them have to suffer, including women and children. Of course it’s hard for anyone to agree with this.”

Earlier, Putin said that an Israeli ground offensive in Gaza would lead to an “absolutely unacceptable” number of civilian casualties, and he reiterated his call for the crisis to be resolved by negotiation, saying Russia could help because it has relations with both sides.

The UN has recorded 27,149 civilian casualties, including 9,614 deaths, inside Ukraine since Putin’s Russia launched its full-scale invasion of in February 2022.

Putin said Israel used "quite cruel methods.” <<<that's ironic, coming from the likes of him. Talk about Pot/Kettle/Black

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot