Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is not just one rocket launcher, they're all over Gaza. Read back a bit - I posted photos of four rocket launch sites next door the UN, a kindergarten, a mosque, and two schools. But to answer your question IMO, because Israel didn't want to start a war. MOO
I realize they are all over Gaza. What I don't understand is why Israel didn't take them out a long time ago. They are pointed at Israel. A country has a right to self-defense.

JMO

5min ago

Biden says Netanyahu agrees to allow ‘continued flow’ of humanitarian aid to Gaza

A readout from the White House of the call between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Joe Biden says the pair have agreed to allow a continuous stream of humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip.

According to the White House, “the leaders affirmed that there will now be continued flow of this critical assistance into Gaza.”

They also discussed “ongoing efforts to secure the release of all the remaining hostages taken by Hamas,” the White House adds.

Iirc, her boyfriend was led off too, right, or am I confused?

Who is this lady again? What’s her name?
The young woman who was taken by motorcycle, pleading to her boyfriend who was dragged off, her name is Noa. There was an interview with her parents....Asian mom (Chinese I believe) who was outwardly stoic, and her dad who was in tears and inconsolable. They had no news about their daughter.

But the girl who was pulled by her hair into the jeep, I don't think there is any news about her fate either.

Yes, I am still following here as much as I can. It's a duty, to know...

IDF says it has struck two more Hezbollah squads in southern Lebanon before they could carry out attacks. IDF says the cell in the Mount Dov area planned to launch rockets, and the cell near the northern town of Mattat planned to launch an anti-tank guided missile.

IDF says it is currently carrying out a wave of airstrikes against dozens of Hamas targets in the Gaza Strip. Footage shows strikes from earlier today.

I realize they are all over Gaza. What I don't understand is why Israel didn't take them out a long time ago. They are pointed at Israel. A country has a right to self-defense.
IMO, Israel (and the US) invested heavily in technological solutions that were supposed to keep Israel safe from the primitive weaponry of Hamas.

-The Iron Dome defense system. US contributed over $1.5 billion.
- A 'smart' border system with sensors and subterranean walls, costing Israel hundreds of millions.

ETA: the 'right to self defense' doesn't extend to removing weapons from someone else's territory, or else the US would march in and remove Russian missiles pointed at the US, and vice versa.

JMO

Last edited:
The young woman who was taken by motorcycle, pleading to her boyfriend who was dragged off, her name is Noa. There was an interview with her parents....Asian mom (Chinese I believe) who was outwardly stoic, and her dad who was in tears and inconsolable. They had no news about their daughter.

But the girl who was pulled by her hair into the jeep, I don't think there is any news about her fate either.

Same, @whitelilac.

It’s unbearable to see all this, but I too feel duty-bound.

We must bear witness to the truth.

The young woman, Noa, I remember we were informed immediately that she was born in Beijing. I wonder if China has done anything to find or rescue her, as she must be a Chinese citizen by birth.

I don’t think we know anything about the fate of her boyfriend who was captured by Hamas and was helpless to do anything as she was driven away, screaming.

The other young lady, the one pulled by her hair into the Jeep, I’ve heard nothing further, either.

IMO, Israel (and the US) invested heavily in technological solutions that were supposed to keep Israel safe from the primitive weaponry of Hamas.

- A 'smart' border system with sensors and subterranean walls, costing Israel hundreds of millions.

ETA: the 'right to self defense' doesn't extend to removing weapons from someone else's territory, or else the US would march in and remove Russian missiles pointed at the US, and vice versa.

JMO

I fear the entire US will eventually need an Iron Dome and border sensors.

My father, other family members, and a good friend who survived a POW camp did not serve/survive WW2 for those wanting to kill "infidels" to be welcome nor supported anywhere... ever.

jmo

There has been no update on Noa Argamani. Her mother has contacted the Chinese embassy for help, so far, nothing.
Noa’s boyfriend Avinatan Or was kidnapped, as well. His family is urging the Israeli cabinet to #BRINGTHEMHOME, constantly. IMO

JMO
BBM. Israel's sophisticated, "smart" border system failed miserably, and civilians in both Gaza and Israel have paid a very dear price.

Russia and the US have the START Treaty: New START Treaty - United States Department of State
JMO

They just can't win, can they? Darned if they do and darned if they don't. :(

4min ago

Ben Gvir slams Israel agreeing to ‘continous aid to Gaza’ without freeing of hostages

Far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir slams news that Israel has allowed more humanitarian aid into the Gaza Strip, and that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has agreed to US demands for continuous aid.

“Any agreement of ‘continuous aid to Gaza’ that doesn’t include freeing all our hostages is just a continuation of the concept that led us to where we are now,” Ben Gvir writes on X.

“Humanitarian [aid] only in exchange for freeing all the hostages,” he adds.

I fear the entire US will eventually need an Iron Dome and border sensors.

My father, other family members, and a good friend who survived a POW camp did not serve/survive WW2 for those wanting to kill "infidels" to be welcome nor supported anywhere... ever.

jmo
I'm not sure of your meaning (infidels?), but some 40 million people died in WWI in the "war to end all wars"...I guess it didn't work out the way they hoped, either.

Israel-Hamas war live: Israel says 212 hostages held by Hamas in Gaza as Palestinian death toll rises over 4,600 (theguardian.com)
10m ago16.58 EDT

14 more aid trucks enter Gaza through Rafah border crossing​

A second aid convoy has crossed the Rafah border crossing and entered Gaza on Sunday.

Announcing the crossing of 14 additional aid trucks with aid provided by the Egyptian Red Crescent and the United Nations, UN aid chief Martin Griffiths said:

“Another small glimmer of hope for the millions of people in dire need of humanitarian aid. But they need more, much more.

I’m particularly grateful to the aid workers on the Palestinian side who immediately sprang to action to offload the goods – despite the risks. True heroes. They, too, need protection.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieV