Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

In northern Israel, farmers struggle on in fear of Hezbollah attack​

The second milking had just finished, with the few remaining residents of kibbutz Dafna persevering under the threat of a new front opening in Israel's war with Hamas in Gaza.

Here, a few hundred metres from south Lebanon, where Israeli foe Hezbollah holds sway, the spectre of another 7 October haunts civilians.

Almost all of the 1,050 residents of this agricultural community were evacuated to hotels close to the nearby Sea of Galilee. Only around 15 men stayed behind, charged with the security of the kibbutz.

Dafna is reached down a narrow and poorly maintained highway that Israelis call "the old northern road".

Now, it is deserted, the cause clearly visible across the border - positions of Hezbollah, the Lebanese militant group allied to Iran which has said it stands ready to step up its operations against Israel if circumstances warrant it.

Twice a day, one less than before the war, the farmers come to milk their cows. "If we didn't, they'd die," said Arik Yaakobi, 45, one of the few who stayed.

"People are scared to return because of the possibility that Hezbollah might repeat what Hamas did," he said.

(...)

Last edited:
I'm pleased that Egypt is setting up medical treatment area in the northern Sinai. I think they were probably pressured to do something by other Middle Eastern countries since they are the closest. I hope they aren't treating Hamas patients.

In any event, I wonder if this might be the first step that ultimately leads to a refugee camp in northern Sinai for Gazan refugees. If that happens, I feel for Egypt government and people, but it would be good for Israel.

Egypt rejects displacement of Palestinians into Sinai, says Sisi​

The Gaza Strip is effectively under Israeli control and Palestinians could instead be moved to Israel's Negev desert "till the militants are dealt with", Sisi told a joint news conference.

Egypt rejects displacement of Palestinians into Sinai, says Sisi​

The Gaza Strip is effectively under Israeli control and Palestinians could instead be moved to Israel's Negev desert "till the militants are dealt with", Sisi told a joint news conference.

Palestinians are not objects to be shoved off or dropped off wherever.
It is their land too.

JMO

Rafah crossing to be opened tomorrow for injured Gazans – report​

81 Gazans with serious injuries will enter Egypt to receive treatment, the General Authority for Crossings and Borders in Gaza said.

Egyptian authorities confirmed to Gazan authorities that 81 people will be allowed to enter the country after being severely wounded, Reuters reported.

The latest figure comes after Egyptian medical and security sources said Wednesday that the Rafah border crossing would be opened for a number of injured Palestinians completing treatment in Egyptian hospitals, Reuters reported earlier.

Here’s more detail on that last post about how the Rafah border crossing will reportedly be opened on Wednesday for a number of injured Palestinians to complete their treatment in Egyptian hospitals.

Egypt is preparing to receive wounded Palestinians from Gaza through the crossing for medical treatment, AFP also reported, citing medical and security sources.

An Egyptian medical official told AFP:

A field hospital with an area of 1,300 square metres will be built to receive the wounded Palestinians in the city of Sheikh Zuweid in northern Sinai, about 15 kilometres (nine miles) from Rafah, they added.

An AFP photographer on Tuesday saw a large number of ambulances gathered at the Egyptian side of the crossing.

48m ago14.45 EDT

The Rafah border crossing will be opened on Wednesday for a number of injured Palestinians to complete their treatment in Egyptian hospitals, Reuters reported, citing Egyptian medical and security sources as well as a Palestinian border official.

Unbelievable!!!
Millions to set up an outpost hospital for Palestinians and we still don't get our hostages back!!!

Is this insane or am I for expecting our hostages after all the aid and FUEL has been delivered.

Where the heck is the UN on our hostages? Why have they not pushed for the Red Crescent or Red Cross to see our hostages?

I'm pretty much over the UN !!!! We are the largest contributor by FAR and they side with terrorist!! No I'm done, US needs to redistribute this funding to a better use.

The top 10 providers of assessed contributions to United Nations peacekeeping operations for 2020-2021 are:
  1. United States (27.89%)
  2. China (15.21%)
  3. Japan (8.56%)
  4. Germany (6.09%)
  5. United Kingdom (5.79%)
  6. France (5.61%)
  7. Italy (3.30%)
  8. Russian Federation (3.04%)
  9. Canada (2.73%)
  10. Republic of Korea (2.26%)
All MOO....

"BREAKING | NBC News: Cornell University says a person has been identified as a suspect in the threats that were sent to the school over the weekend targeting its Jewish community. Two law enforcement officials say the person is being questioned by law enforcement at this time."

Any word from the FBI on this one?

ETA: For clarification purposes, I am questioning a Domestic Terrorism charge, and a Hate Crime. Obvious to some...

Last edited:
Sinai

Whoever said contemptuously of Sinai that it was "24,000 square miles of nothing" probably didn't know what he was talking about.

If it were really about "nothing", this rocky peninsula would not have been one big battlefield for millennia.

Sinai,
the gateway between Africa and Asia, due to its location is an important strategic point, especially since the construction of the Suez Canal.

It also has significant natural resources.
In the times of the pharaohs, there were turquoise mines on the peninsula, and today minerals are mined here: crude oil and natural gas.

Not so long ago, Sinai gained another source of income.

Hundreds of thousands of tourists come here every year for the sun, golden beaches, warm waters of the Red Sea and one of the most beautiful coral reefs in the world.

I doubt Egypt will ever hand it over to Palestinians.

JMO

Life in Zanuta, a Palestinian village atop a windy ridge in the desolate south Hebron hills, deep in the occupied West Bank, has never been easy.

The community are mostly herders who raise goats and sheep through the barren landscape’s scorching summers and freezing winters, and who have steadfastly refused to leave their homes despite the mounting difficulties posed by the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) soldiers on one hand and radical Israeli settlers on the other.

But after weeks of intense settler violence in the aftermath of the Hamas attack on Israel on 7 October, Zanuta’s 150 residents have made a collective decision to leave. Armed settlers – some in reservist army uniforms, some covering their faces – have begun breaking into their homes at night, beating up adults, destroying and stealing belongings, and terrifying the children.

After decades of a desperate fight to cling on to their land, the community has decided they have lost.

On Monday, men and women cried as they dismantled their homes and haphazardly packed solar panels, animal feed and personal belongings on to pickup trucks. The noise of the demolition drowned out the bleating from the animal pens and threw up dust and debris that tore at the eyes and throat.

“It is a new Nakba,” said Issa Ahmad Baghdad, 71, referring to the expulsion of 700,000 Palestinians in 1948 after the creation of Israel. “My family are going to Rafat. But we don’t know anyone there. We don’t know what to tell the children.”

I don't have any words of great import to add to this thread. I just wanted to add that all this hatred in the world just really gets to me. I hate what humanity has become and the way we are headed. People suck.

I think I'll go hang out with my dog; all she wants is for me to spend time with her.

I don't have any words of great import to add to this thread. I just wanted to add that all this hatred in the world just really gets to me. I hate what humanity has become and the way we are headed. People suck.

I think I'll go hang out with my dog; all she wants is for me to spend time with her.
Think about the terrible times of slavery :(
Or WW1
And WW2
Or times of famine
Etc etc.... :(

Our times are not THAT bad.

If only diplomats were more efficient! ;)

JMO

More than 400 Americans and their family members blocked from leaving Gaza by Hamas, Blinken says​

Natalie Kainz
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said his department is focused on trying to get more than 400 Americans and their families, totaling about 1,000 people, out of Gaza. They're being blocked from leaving by Hamas but are in close communication with the State Department, he said.

"We've had about 5,500 communications that we've initiated, phone calls, emails, WhatsApp, to be in touch with them to try to guide them as best we can and to work for their ability to leave," Blinken said.

He added that roughly 5,000 other foreigners are also seeking to get out

Think about the terrible times of slavery :(
Or WW1
And WW2
Or times of famine
Etc etc.... :(

Our times are not THAT bad.

If only diplomats were more efficient! ;)

JMO
@Dotta
Thanks for some perspective; I really appreciate the sentiment. Between this and Ukraine, I think we just might be getting closer to our terrible past. We, as a collective, just refuse to learn from our past. Same as it ever was.

Along with you, my Labrador already cheered me up! She doesn't hate Muslims, Jews, Christians, Democrats, Republicans, Whig party members, etc.... Well, as long as you have treats and huggies. :)

I don't think this is the same site as the high rise in the Jabalia refugee camp which was blown up. Google maps shows a flat area, almost like a home, compound or warehouse. The sites appear they can be almost a mile apart. (But who knows, 31°32'37.6"N 34°28'31.9"E
On zoom in, I think I see a gate at this compound

ETA: I think a tank was involved. It appears to be one of the N-S (Al-toam) roads that tanks were on yesterday. Road is about a block from this compound. Reports on Al Jazeera is that the high rise in the refugee camp was very close to Indonesian Hospital, so the sites are different.
View attachment 457268
Yep; two completely different operations by the IDF. Many tactical objectives being run by the IDF quite separatly, but concurrent, with each other.

More than 400 Americans and their family members blocked from leaving Gaza by Hamas, Blinken says​

Natalie Kainz
U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken said his department is focused on trying to get more than 400 Americans and their families, totaling about 1,000 people, out of Gaza. They're being blocked from leaving by Hamas but are in close communication with the State Department, he said.

"We've had about 5,500 communications that we've initiated, phone calls, emails, WhatsApp, to be in touch with them to try to guide them as best we can and to work for their ability to leave," Blinken said.

He added that roughly 5,000 other foreigners are also seeking to get out
Thanks for this link ! ^^^^

I had one to post, too -- but it's similar :) :

Dylan Stableford

Blinken: 400 Americans stuck in Gaza

At a Senate hearing on Tuesday, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said there are approximately 400 American citizens and their family members currently in Gaza.
"So it's roughly 1,000 people who are stuck in Gaza and want to get out," Blinken said. "I'm focused on this intensely. My entire department is as well, both in the region and here we're working with various parties to try to facilitate their departure from Gaza.

How about cutting aid and stopping all fuel from the UNRWA, until the hostages are released and those with dual citizenship are allowed to go to their nations of origin ?
Otherwise we're assisting Hamas, and they will see no reason to ever let the hostages free, nor stop using civilians as human shields.
End of.
Omo.

Yep; two completely different operations by the IDF. Many tactical objectives being run by the IDF quite separatly, but concurrent, with each other.
Thank you!
I've been scratching my head for a few hours!
IDF hasn't mentioned this compound, just the housing complex. Wonder if this guy was in the housing project and his base was near the sea? If he was at munitions compound, IDF should address it.

ETA: Maybe addressing it would just make things worse. Palestinians are saying, "He wasn't here", but they must have bombed the housing project for a reason.

@Dotta
Thanks for some perspective; I really appreciate the sentiment. Between this and Ukraine, I think we just might be getting closer to our terrible past. We, as a collective, just refuse to learn from our past. Same as it ever was.

Along with you, my Labrador already cheered me up! She doesn't hate Muslims, Jews, Christians, Democrats, Republicans, Whig party members, etc.... Well, as long as you have treats and huggies. :)
Agreed, there's no hate here.

But there is a deep need for justice for the innocent Israeli lives that were brutally slaughtered.
There is a need for justice for the young children and babies of the Palestinians that are being used as cannon fodder, aka human shields.
There is a need for decent, civilized people to live in peace, and most of all to be left alone to live their lives.
There is a need to put a final end to terrorism --and to protect all of the people whose lives they try to destroy; by any means necessary.
That's how I see it ?
Omo.

Last edited:
I don't think this is the same site as the high rise in the Jabalia refugee camp which was blown up. Google maps shows a flat area, almost like a home, compound or warehouse. The sites appear they can be almost a mile apart. (But who knows, 31°32'37.6"N 34°28'31.9"E
On zoom in, I think I see a gate at this compound

ETA: I think a tank was involved. It appears to be one of the N-S (Al-toam) roads that tanks were on yesterday. Road is about a block from this compound. Reports on Al Jazeera is that the high rise in the refugee camp was very close to Indonesian Hospital, so the sites are different.
View attachment 457268
Bbm.
It's interesting if the two locations aren't the same, but that the IDF hit a different site entirely ?
Which would mean the refugee camp was hit by Hamas and they're lying about the IDF hitting it ?

It's also possible the refugee camp was hit by another misfired Hamas missile ?
I don't think they're being honest (Hamas).

The terrorists will never come out and truthfully admit if one of their rockets hit a human shield site.
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member