Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
A flurry of activity over Saudi Arabia from US Air Force KC-135 Stratotankers out of Qatar. Some are saying this is day 2 of this activity, I missed it yesterday if that was the case.
1698893493807.png

KC-135s can usually Top-Off roughly 4 Fighter Aircraft each so this means that upwards of 24 Fighters may currently be Airborne over Saudi Arabia.

I have seen a lot of claims that the 6 U.S. Air Force KC-135s currently over Saudi Arabia are conducting Refueling on Israeli Strike Aircraft for Combat Missions over Yemen, however I think People seem to Forget that would require the Permission of the Saudi Government and possibly also Jordanians and/or Egyptians depending on their Route.

Most of the KC-135s are now heading West towards the Red Sea so they may not need the Permission of any of those Countries after all; possible Israeli Combat Missions over Yemen are looking more and morel likely.
1698894038827.png

At least 1 of the KC-135R Aerial Refueling Tankers which Departed from Al-Udeid Air Force Base in Qatar appears to now be heading over Western Iraq.
usaf iraq.jpg

The U.S. Air Force KC-135 Stratotankers heading towards the Red Sea have now Disappeared from Public Radar Tracking as they passed off the Coast of Saudi Arabia.

I don’t exactly think this is a fair way to frame it either. I don’t see how there is any reasonable justification for targeting there knowing it’s full of innocent civilians.

If there was a murderer on the loose and they decided to hide amongst a school, would you be fine with the police going down and gunning everyone to ensure they get the guy?

I feel like there’s something about this happening on a large scale that makes people forget that the people dying are innocent men, women and children who have families who love them.

But it wasn't just a terrorist (murderer).

It was a Command & Control Centre; a Headquarters if you will. A place from where Hamas 'staff' plan the next moves on behalf of their Commander who is exercising command & control over the movement and directing the engagement of the terrorist fighters in that zone/area. A place from where the war actually happens/is controlled.

In any reality other than terrorism, command and control headquarters are not set up under innocent civilians.

IE: The Pentagon is not set up in downtown Washington, DC; and
CENTCOM is not set up in the midst of downtown Tampa.

Both of the above are legitimate military targets to an enemy during war. Any attack upon them may cause collateral damage to civilians who happened to be driving by on the highway etc when that attack struck. That possible collateral damage does not make them any less of a legitimate (and very important!!) military target.

The problem here is Hamas; full stop. Any Command & Control Centre, any headquarters is, and will always be an important and legitimate military target due to it's being critical in to the enemy's efforts to continue directing their fighters terrorists' activities against the IDF forces.

This terrorist organization has placed it where it has purposefully and with intent - the intent being to have the world say, "but the civilians!!" in order to save/protect themselves to conduct war/massacres against Israel and to continue doing so.

Israel knows these targets are critical to remove to enable the ending of this war and future agression against them. That is exactly why Israel has aked for weeks for the civilians to get out of there. That is exactly why Hamas is blocking citizens from leaving. (Principle of Military Necessity/Value & Proportionality at play)

And, as 10 000% crappy as it is - that target needs to be removed else the war is prolonged and even more suffer due to that fact. Unless of course, one thinks they should only go in by boots-on-ground but that would result in even greater casualty counts.

The fact that Hamas has ensured that "but, Israel" is set up to take the blame for Hamas' war crimes here is 'same old, same old,' from the usual suspects.

In any case, as I stated at the outset of this war, Israel cannot afford to lose this war. If they do, they will cease to exist. Israel will fight this war. They have to no matter how many doth protest. It is a fight against terrorism and an extreme-Islamic ideology that uses civilians as "excuses" for their behaviour and war crimes. Israeli troops stand between civilians and terrorists, while terrorists stand/hide behind civilians. Lest we forget.

Easy to neglect the facts when it's not our own backyards though.

BTW< the IDF waited until school was out for the day before taking out the rocket launch site set up beside it ... just a point to note for the example you brought up. (Principle of Proportonality)

Last edited:
The loss of poor, innocent lives in Gaza lies strictly in the hands of those operating the Hamas secret portfolio which is possibly $1 billion. Money used only to brutally kill and murder... never to better the lives of Palestinians. (imo)

The US official said there has been a redoubling of efforts since Hamas’ October 7 attack on Israel to use the TFTC, which was created in 2017, to go after Hamas, Hezbollah and other Iranian-aligned militant groups, including by sharing relevant, timely and actionable information.

Last week, Treasury leveled sanctions on individuals that officials say are managing assets in a “secret” Hamas investment portfolio likely valued at between $400 million and $1 billion, according to a US official. The official added that the portfolio is generating significant amounts of revenue for Hamas.

“We cannot tolerate a world in which Hamas and other terrorist organizations’ fundraisers live and operate with impunity, abusing the financial system, to sustain their terror.” Brian Nelson, Treasury’s under secretary for terrorism and financial intelligence, said during prepared remarks at the emergency TFTC meeting.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, crisis in Gaza, crowds gather at Rafah crossing (cnn.com)
12 min ago

Indonesian Hospital's main generator in northern Gaza is out of service, director says​

The main generator for the Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza went out of service Wednesday night, Dr. Atef Al Kahlout, the head of the hospital, told CNN Thursday.

Al Kahlout said a secondary generator was running in some sections of the hospital. However, the electromechanical systems throughout the entire hospital had stopped working, he said, including the ventilation systems in the operating rooms, the hospital’s only oxygen station, and the hospital morgue refrigerators.

Gaza's Indonesian Hospital is considered a backbone in providing health services in the northern part of the coastal enclave as the nearest medical facility receiving scores of people injured from two days of Israeli airstrikes on the Jabalya refugee camp.

No this U.S. Air Force KC-135 did not just enter Iranian Airspace though it is very close, the Radar Coverage in this Area of the Region is “Sketchy” so it is likely just a Glitch with its Transponder Position and its still over Eastern Iraq possible over the Persian Gulf.
View attachment 457576
I think there might be a drone over northern Jordan, but I don't know. Speed is only 82 kts and it's at 10,000 ft. Otherwise, I don't see anything. I saw one of those fuel tankers and it disappeared about 20 miles west of the Red Sea.

ETA: It just disappeared.

I think there might be a drone over northern Jordan, but I don't know. Speed is only 82 kts and it's at 10,000 ft. Otherwise, I don't see anything. I saw one of those fuel tankers and it disappeared about 20 miles west of the Red Sea.

ETA: It just disappeared.
An US Air Force globemaster lll just appeared near Jordan just as i clicked to see if i could see the suspected drone. Screenshot_20231102_135311_Chrome.jpg

Israel-Hamas war live: at least 195 killed in two days of strikes on Jabalia camp, says Hamas; Gaza tragedy ‘unprecedented’ - UN (theguardian.com)
2m ago23.50 EDT

Summary of the day​

It’s just coming up to 6am in Gaza – here’s a summary of the latest news from the Israel-Hamas conflict.
  • Joe Biden has said he thinks there should be a humanitarian “pause” in the Israel-Hamas war. ...
  • At least 195 Palestinians were killed in two rounds of Israeli airstrikes on Gaza’s Jabalia refugee camp on Tuesday and Wednesday, a Hamas-run government media office said. Israel claims it killed senior Hamas officials both attacks. ...
  • The UN human rights office said Israel’s airstrike on Gaza’s Jabalia refugee camp on Tuesday could amount to war crimes. The agency said it had “serious concerns” given the “high number of civilian casualties and the scale of destruction” after the strikes. ...
[...]
  • The Rafah border crossing between Gaza and Egypt opened for the first time on Wednesday, after more than three weeks of brutal conflict to allow the evacuation of dozens of injured Palestinians requiring hospital treatment and hundreds of foreign passport holders. By late Wednesday, at least 335 dual nationals and 76 injured seriously wounded and sick people had crossed the border...
  • The families of some British citizens trapped in Gaza have said it is devastating that their loved ones have been turned away from the Rafah border crossing with Egypt, as the Foreign Office said the first UK nationals have made it through. It is understood that initially only two of the 500 people on a list of those eligible to leave were British nationals.
  • An Australian minister confirmed that 20 Australian nationals had crossed the border at Rafah to exit Gaza on Wednesday. He went on to confirm that there are still 65 Australians stuck in Gaza that the government is “supporting” and are being provided consular assistance.
  • US citizens were able to exit Gaza on Wednesday as part of the first group of “probably more than 1,000” people, Joe Biden said. ...
  • Fifteen Israeli soldiers have been killed amid fierce fighting in Gaza, in a series of incidents that have underlined the mounting challenges facing the IDF in their attempts to push further into built-up areas of Gaza. ...
  • The only cancer treatment hospital in Gaza has gone out of service after it ran out of fuel, health officials said on Wednesday. ...
[...]

31 min ago

Israeli Forces have launched Flares over Southern Lebanon and Drones are reported to be Flying at Low-Altitude along the Border.

27 min ago

The AFP stream from the western part of Gaza City is getting extremely active early this morning, significant amounts of small arms fire, 120mm tank gun fire, and other explosions can be clearly heard as Israeli forces push just south of the area.

5 min ago

Small-Arms Fire, Artillery, and Aircraft can be heard to the Northwest of Gaza City this morning as Israeli Forces continue to Advance into the Urban Areas.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war, crisis in Gaza, crowds gather at Rafah crossing (cnn.com)
12 min ago

Indonesian Hospital's main generator in northern Gaza is out of service, director says​

The main generator for the Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza went out of service Wednesday night, Dr. Atef Al Kahlout, the head of the hospital, told CNN Thursday.

Al Kahlout said a secondary generator was running in some sections of the hospital. However, the electromechanical systems throughout the entire hospital had stopped working, he said, including the ventilation systems in the operating rooms, the hospital’s only oxygen station, and the hospital morgue refrigerators.

Gaza's Indonesian Hospital is considered a backbone in providing health services in the northern part of the coastal enclave as the nearest medical facility receiving scores of people injured from two days of Israeli airstrikes on the Jabalya refugee camp.

Same hospital:

Israel is executing the concept of bite & hold. Bite into a piece, then hold it. Take another bite, hold it. Once they do reach west across the expanse of the strip to the coast in the south, their bites will move northwards until they bite and hold the northern Gaza strip. Hamas in the north will not get south through them. I do expect they will allow women and children and the elderly to pass/evacuate southwards while they clean out the terrorists that are Hamas as Hamas will no longer be able to prevent those innocents from moving. This will not be pretty once they bite into the truely urban areas; it will be costly. IMO of course.

#Gaza map update:#Israel has continued to advance towards the coast, south of Gaza city. They are less than 800 metres away from cutting Gaza in two.They have also made progress along the coast to the north, as well as advancing within Beit Hanoun

Last edited:
From News4SanAntonio

Stark generational divide seen among Americans over Israel support

WASHINGTON (TND) — As college campuses rumble with protests, age appears to play a notable role in which side Americans support in the Israel-Hamas war.

A new Wall Street Journal/Ipsos poll found younger Americans are much less supportive of Israel than older Americans.

Around 40% of those polled under 30 years old say the U.S. has a responsibility to help Israel fight Hamas, which is well below the 73% of Americans 65 and older who feel that way.

NPR also has a more in-depth article...

You remember Charlottesville rally? I think it showed the same, both racist and anti-semitic, mentality. And - I know some adults who worked hard to spread it.

It started with open antisemitism spewed by Holocaust deniers. If you read the Wiki of David Irving, British Holocaust denier, you will find many other names in it and also, organizations. Pay attention to Irving's connection to Hamas, Hezbollah and Pamyat.
(Try to read, please. Such people are paid by HAMAS).

In parallel and probably, prompted by
ideologists like Irving, world saw emergence of sites like Stormfront that was both anti-semitic and racist. (Mind it, they hate Jews and blacks equally).

These people are getting older and lost some of their platforms. Generation Z is more interesting. It is probably more altruistic and less mercantile than all of us together. They also, through Covid-induced isolation, are more naive and less mature than they ought to be. They probably would sincerely support any underdog. Keep in mind that WWII is very far from them in time. Many come from the countries with history of horrible injustices towards the natives (US, Canada, NZ or Audtralia) or rampant colonialism (GB), so the press can easily manipulate them by using words like "reservations". They are. very sensitive to perceived injustices towards "the locals". I think they are honestly misled, but people who are misleading them might themselves receive money from HAMAS.

The AFP stream from the western part of Gaza City is getting extremely active early this morning, significant amounts of small arms fire, 120mm tank gun fire, and other explosions can be clearly heard as Israeli forces push just south of the area.

Better stream link, camera is located at (31.5239597, 34.4365774)
Zeytoon (sorry that's my spelling) neighborhood was bombed.

Israel-Hamas war live: at least 195 killed in two days of strikes on Jabalia camp, says Hamas; Gaza tragedy ‘unprecedented’ - UN (theguardian.com)
2m ago23.50 EDT

Summary of the day​

It’s just coming up to 6am in Gaza – here’s a summary of the latest news from the Israel-Hamas conflict.
  • At least 195 Palestinians were killed in two rounds of Israeli airstrikes on Gaza’s Jabalia refugee camp on Tuesday and Wednesday, a Hamas-run government media office said. Israel claims it killed senior Hamas officials both attacks. ...
  • The UN human rights office said Israel’s airstrike on Gaza’s Jabalia refugee camp on Tuesday could amount to war crimes. The agency said it had “serious concerns” given the “high number of civilian casualties and the scale of destruction” after the strikes. ...
[...]
I am deeply bothered by Hamas attack on Israel. I am also bothered by Israel's repeated attacks resulting in high numbers of civilian injuries and deaths.
To some extent, I understand the need to "destroy the terrorist group", but struggle with the fact that so many innocents are lost to the number of Hamas leaders killed.
I do believe destroying their operational lifelines will give Israel an advantage in eradicating them or vastly reducing their ability to orchestrate harm.
I worry if the violence, destruction and death- particularly the deaths of parents and other family members, experienced by young people on both sides, leads to a new generation of extremists- Jews hating Palestinians and Palestinians hating Jews.
#letsstandwithLOVE&PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members