Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geologist on FOX news was just predicting a California quake on the 19th or 20th. Supposedly he is the same one who predicted the "World Series" quake correctly. He also states that the massive fish kill from the 8th in California is a common sign of animal response to impending quakes.

jmo

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14252361

Wonder where the toxin orginated from? Just curious.

Um sure, whatever they say...no particular reason. When this leads to a military block on facebook and twitter as well, then we'll know what the real intention was. :innocent:

This is a serious concern that we should all be paying attention to in regards to this congressional bill.....not to be political, but it is of great concern that at an individual person's whim/decision, all our internet communications could be shutdown as they desire....

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320096-38.html

I think the blocks on these websites are on **military** computers...

when dh was deployed to the 'big sandbox' there were many sites that were blocked from the military end to conserve bandwidth on the sipper and nipper (secure and non secure networks)... yeah... dh is a signal (computer/comm) officer in the army fwiw...

when dh was deployed to the 'big sandbox' there were many sites that were blocked from the military end to conserve bandwidth on the sipper and nipper (secure and non secure networks)... yeah... dh is a signal (computer/comm) officer in the army fwiw...

signal family here too. I wholeheartedly agree. Conservation of bandwidth. JMHO

I know it's just for military computers, but it really makes me raise my eyebrows they aren't being given the same info access as the rest of us... that's all..

I know it's just for military computers, but it really makes me raise my eyebrows they aren't being given the same info access as the rest of us... that's all..
unfortunately they never are in deployment situations.. it has to do with the bandwidth and important info being able to be communicated...

for example... you don't want soldier smith to be shopping on amazon or watching a youtube video sucking up bandwidth needed for the rescue operation...

moo

Okay....maybe there is a legit reason for this like the bandwidth. First thing that popped into my head was...

Information Blackout!

I mean seriously. Was this measure necessary during any other crisis? Katrina? 9-11? Anyone?

I'm not sure how this relates to other crisis but this is a routine thing for the military. There doesn't need to be a crisis for this to take place, happens all the time especially when troops are deployed and bandwidth needs to be conserved. I don't know how else to explain it suzi. JMHO.

(Today I got a video call from husband, he couldn't call for a few days because of bandwidth issues in Iraq but could today)

I have the site for the Geiger counter in Tokyo on one of my windows and have been checking it every couple of hours. I feel like I cannot get accurate information from the Japanese gov't (and to an extent I can understand that) nor from our media---they are fed information and then regurgitate it to us. So here is an OBJECTIVE way to measure the radiation in Tokyo (which is, I think, 170 miles south of the Fukushima plants). At 1:00 ET it read 14:56 (it fluctuates constantly but only by a little bit). At 3pm it was 16:45. Now it is reading 18.51 cpm (don't know what "cpm" means but the increase can't be a good thing). Here is the link:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/geiger-counter-tokyo

CPM = Counts per minute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counts_per_minute

here is an example.... when deployed to iraq dh and my son would meet on certain websites to play each other in online cards, pool, etc... some sites were allowed on the military network and some were not.... I forget where they played pool but it was a really strange one I had never heard of... the biggies were not allowed due to conservation of bandwidth.

hope that makes sense

Yes, it's only military. I have no problem accessing any of the sites listed. However, I don't think they want info getting out, at least not accurate first hand info that may come from someone that knows what they are talking about.

They have to know that public suspicion is sky high and this certainly won't help any. Now would be a great time for a presidential statement, if we can expect to get one. MOO

no - this was a picture released by our Navy that was an intact hosue found loating out at sea - it was taken from oneo f our helicopters - I saw it all over the TV this morning but now I can't find it

I've been wondering how much and how soon this stuff is going to start washing up in the Northwest? I remember strolling the beaches in Oregon and finding all kinds of stuff from Asia. Beer bottles, etc. And a whole lotta Nike shoes...everywhere Nike shoes....A ship loaded with them had sunk. Near Point Conception (Reagan's Ranch) my friends and I came across a beach full of oranges from a ship that sunk.

Problem surface at another reactor at Fukushima (#4)

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...japan-reactor-damage-20110315,0,2517772.story

Quote:
But each reactor has a spent fuel pool on its roof. Those are also not as hot as a shut-down reactor but they do require cooling, and all of them lost their cooling after the earthquake. A fire broke out Tuesday in the pool atop reactor no. 4, but was extinguished fairly quickly.

I didn't know that.

If each reactor has a spent fuel pool on its roof - then what happened to the spent fuel in the pools on the roofs of #1 and #3 when the roofs exploded?

IIRC, each pool contains hundreds of spent fuel rods.

I think I just scared myself even more.

Yes, it's only military. I have no problem accessing any of the sites listed. However, I don't think they want info getting out, at least not accurate first hand info that may come from someone that knows what they are talking about.

They have to know that public suspicion is sky high and this certainly won't help any. Now would be a great time for a presidential statement, if we can expect to get one. MOO
maybe after the 18th hole...

((sorry just had to say that))

It does not good to hide anything at this point. Whatever "they" might or might not be hiding is moot. There is a situation at the nuclear power plant, we all know that. There is information all over the internet. As some have posted: three mile island information, then there is Chernobyl(for those of us old enough to remember).

This has happened before, nuclear power leaks. My generation should wonder where we put all that nuclear waste they had laying around by the barrel full? Where did they put that nuclear waste they used to just dump in the oceans? We test nuclear bombs in the deserts. Many governments and private companies test NUCLEAR weapons and chemical devices on the earth and in the earth. What is happening in Japan is a wake up call to give us a focus. We all know about nuclear power~we all DO remember dropping two nuclear bombs on Japan, don't we? How much radiation and fall out, consequences were we not told about that? I'd bet that information is available on the internet.

My hometown has a huge nuclear power tower aka/ala the Simpson's. Springfield has two standing together, while we only had one. Nuclear power, energy is and has been an issue for decades. Since we split the atom...

"They" can only hide from us, what we hide from ourselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

To focus on this one event without inclusion of the whole story may lead to further error. This event is a continuation of a behavior we have allowed our "leaders" and not an isolated event. We create our world. We determine our fate. IMHO.

Knowledge is power!

:peace: :earth:

U.S. Surgeon General Regina Benjamin is in the Bay Area touring a peninsula hospital. NBC Bay Area reporter Damian Trujillo asked her about the run on tablets and Dr. Benjamin said although she wasn't aware of people stocking up, she did not think that would be an overreaction. She said it was right to be prepared.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Surgeon-General-Buying-Iodine-Appropriate-118031559.html

How did she not know? WTH????????
Doesn't anybody pay attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members