Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Status #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We talked about this site a while back

http://www.radiationnetwork.com/

We decided that we really didn't know the legitimacy of it - but it was about the only one around that we could find.

So, I bookmarked it. I open it everyday and leave it open in its own window. I checked it periodically throughout the day - sometimes more - sometimes less.

I was just watching for patterns or "normal" readings.

I've done this now for about two weeks.

What I'm seeing is this:

- when I first started the meters on the west coast (up near WA and OR) were steadily in the upper teens and lower to mid twenties. Now, they seem to be climbing each day - upper twenties and even upper thirties.

- there have been some new ones added - the 2 in TX, 1 near the NC/SC border, 1 in NM. All those going across the US from west to east all were in the teens and twenties when I first started and now they seem to be going up quite a bit too.

Although its hard to draw any valid conclusions from this - I can say that just by watching everyday, I have seen a "trend" if you will, of these readings climbing steadily.

Take it FWIW! But I will continue watching.

We decided that we really didn't know the legitimacy of it - but it was about the only one around that we could find.

So, I bookmarked it. I open it everyday and leave it open in its own window. I checked it periodically throughout the day - sometimes more - sometimes less.

What I'm seeing is this:

- when I first started the meters on the west coast (up near WA and OR) were steadily in the upper teens and lower to mid twenties. Now, they seem to be climbing each day - upper twenties and even upper thirties.

- there have been some new ones added - the 2 in TX, 1 near the NC/SC border, 1 in NM. All those going across the US from west to east all were in the teens and twenties when I first started and now they seem to be going up quite a bit too.

Although its hard to draw any valid conclusions from this - I can say that just by watching everyday, I have seen a "trend" if you will, of these readings climbing steadily.

there is also this site

http://www.epa.gov/radiation/rert/radnet-data-map.html

What I'm seeing is this:

Thank you so much WOO. Please keep us posted of these readings. I appreciate all you do for us here. :)

Thankx! I just wandered around that site for a bit.

First, I want to say that this site is a government (big brother) site - so I'm not quite sure how accurate the info is or if it is being manipulated.

Boston, MA - had two HUGE spikes and then quits on Mar 18 (no readings since)
States (or monitors) that do have spikes on the CPM graph - don't correlate with the data in the gamma ray graphs.

Plus this site doesn't do (from what I've found) current readings like the other one. You can't see all the monitor readings on a map like the radation network does.

Thankx again - I'll keep a watch on this one but it is tough and takes time to watch for patterns and, again, its big bro's site as well.

We have, in N. California a 164%+ snow pack right now... :(

'We'll pay you 400,000 yen a day': Fukushima Daiichi's desperate need of workers

Quote: Few people would dare get anywhere near the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear reactors, where men working under very difficult conditions endure dangerous levels of radiation.

Offers of salaries as high as 400,000 yen (about $4,850) per day have been made to find workers brave enough to do the job that nobody wants,...

http://www.timog.com/nihonzaru/400000-yen-per-day-fukushima-daiichi-desperate-need-of-workers

Radioactive iodine from Japan found in Oxford and Scotland

Dr. Michael Clark, science spokesman for the health agency, said: "Very low levels of radioactivity, traceable to Fukushima, have been detected at monitoring stations in the UK including Chilton, in Oxfordshire, and Glasgow.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/stand...ne-from-japan-found-in-oxford-and-scotland.do

The article also states that radioactive iodine has been found in Switzerland, Germany, and Iceland.

And in the car just a bit ago, the news came on (CBS - radio) and the report was that "the nuclear situation in Japan is slowly improving---the reactors are slowly cooling down." I almost drove off the road----no kidding, this is the carp they are telling us. I do not understand how MSM is saying this stuff. SOMEONE is lying---either the Japanese (although they are the ones saying that the situation is "very grave" so I don't think it is them). I am truly flummoxed.

So let me get this straight,pretty much every corner of the world has traces of radiation from Japan,of course none harmful to humans,(yeah right)and all this is happening while supposedly things are somewhat contained? So what happens if they just have to say,nothing more can be done? Where does that leave planet earth?

Fukushima's Radiation Round-Up: How Bad Is It?

Quote: *Contamination of the Ocean: In the latest challenge at Fukushima, emergency workers scrambled on March 28 to stop highly contaminated water from reaching the ocean. A series of underground tunnels containing radioactive water open only a few hundred yards from the sea, and workers brought in sand bags to try to prevent a leakage. Already, however, marine monitoring stations have picked up contamination as far off as 30 km (19 miles) from shore, probably after particles deposited in the sea following the explosions and venting in the immediate aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami. Radioactive elements in the ocean can enter the human food chain via fish and shellfish, but the IAEA website states "It is still too early to draw conclusions for expected concentrations in marine food." Further testing is ongoing.

Read more: http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/20...diation-round-up-how-bad-is-it/#ixzz1I1MmPsod

And in the car just a bit ago, the news came on (CBS - radio) and the report was that "the nuclear situation in Japan is slowly improving---the reactors are slowly cooling down." I almost drove off the road----no kidding, this is the carp they are telling us. I do not understand how MSM is saying this stuff. SOMEONE is lying---either the Japanese (although they are the ones saying that the situation is "very grave" so I don't think it is them). I am truly flummoxed.

Especially since Japan's Prime Minister said this today:

Prime Minister Naoto Kan conceded the situation at the coastal atomic power station remained "unpredictable" and pledged his government would "tackle the problem while in a state of maximum alert".

http://news.discovery.com/earth/japan-on-maximum-alert-110329.html#mkcpgn=twnws1

Not sure if this has been posted. Interesting site if one can understand all the terminology. University of Maryland Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science - mapping and monitoring radiation from Japan - plume trajectories.
http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~tcanty/hysplit/

Also, from the Discovery link I posted above:

Seawater close to the plant earlier contained iodine-131 as high as 1,850 times the legal limit, but levels fell later and officials say tidal dispersal means there is no immediate health threat from seafood.

The levels fell because the radioactive particles are being washed out to sea - polluting the ocean and eventually entering the food chain via seafood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee